Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 94

Thread: Suspend Constitution

  1. #1

    Suspend Constitution

    Trump's statement is in the news

    “Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social and accused “Big Tech” of working closely with Democrats. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Shrug. The Constitution hasn't been followed for a long time, and it's only purpose now is to be applied selectively as leverage against those who believe it should be followed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

    My pronouns are he/him/his

  4. #3
    I have read about this elsewhere. I think a fair interpretation is that one side has clearly discarded the rule of law, and it justifies setting the rule of law aside when combatting those responsible.

    I'm not trying to incite violence, and not even suggesting that Trump is - just that it seems a likely interpretation.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

    “I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

  5. #4
    The Constitution actually contains the solution.

    2nd Amendment, codifies it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  6. #5
    We already know this is how much respect Trump has for the Constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Starts at 21 minutes 10 seconds:

    Why is anyone surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

    A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    In the movies, we frequently see the trope where the hero must "break the law to save the law." This trope has a dark side, and we see it every day in our legal system where countless people are charged with crimes that are either not crimes at all, or which they did not actually commit (or both). To avoid lifetime sentences, they are forced to bargain down to some plea deal offered by the omnipotent prosecutor. And despite being armed with already limitless power to incarcerate practically anyone on any pretext (that is, anyone who can't afford to hire a top-tier attorney, rather than a public defender), the Law&Order type shows go on complaining about how the prosecutors' hands are tied, detectives' hands are tied, cops' hands are tied, etc. etc. We know where this evil emanates from.

    That said, when an infiltration reaches the level of a true fifth-column in our own midst, and when this fifth-column is gaming the very laws which form the foundation of our civil social order, there eventually comes a point where we must stop allowing those laws to be used against us. The scenario is like a bully who is picking on law-abiding citizen and continues to provoke him to violence, then threatens to call the police any time the citizen raises his fists to defend himself. Such provocations may be endured for a very long time but when they finally rise to the level of an existential attack, the only solution is to respond with equal or better force in the defense of the innocents in our country.

    Keep in mind that there is a whole generation of children born today in our once-great country who will be adults in another 18 years or less. Those responsible for this Clown World attack on our country and, indeed, the whole world want to carry our children off into CCP re-education camps. They will never admit that out loud, but if they had their druthers, that's exactly what they would do. In fact, they want it so desperately that they have effectively built an entire cocoon around the US, a cocoon of Fake News, Marxist education, mass surveillance, social-media mind-control, and many more evils besides. All of these evils have formed "... a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object [which] evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism..." To publicly say this on-record is now considered some kind of borderline illegal speech-act. The truth is gagged. The means of lawful recourse which have been established under the Constitution is to send new and better representatives to Washington, DC who will overturn bad laws, etc. elect a President who will execute the office of POTUS legally and constitutionally, etc. But when systemic corruption makes it impossible for the representatives we send to Washington to actually change things, and when our very elections process is itself being rigged and corrupted, what redress is left except to wipe the slate clean and re-found the country on the 1776-principle all over again?

    To be clear, when we declared independence from the British in 1776 and drove them from our shores, we were fighting against illegal and capricious invasions and tyranny from a hostile State with no legitimate claim of authority. And if we have to do it all over again, it will not be an act of lawless anarchism but, rather, the re-institution and re-affirmation of the selfsame principles in the DoI, based ultimately on the authority of God himself. The fifth-column that has invaded this country keeps baiting a second North-South war, because they believe that the Christian faith is just another version of religiosity... they worship Chaos and they believe that the world is just randomness, and the fortunes of one country or one faith is ultimately subject the vagaries of Lady Luck. Well, the idolaters who worship Chaos and Luck have a religious belief of their own, nothing more. And if they want to make this a contest of force, let them place their bets that Chaos wins in the end. It will not. Whether sooner or later, this world is going to be subjugated under the manifest authority of the kingdom of God. We have managed to live in denial of our true King for a very long time. It is a temporary delusion, and soon to end...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 12-04-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9, Hosea 13:16

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Shrug. The Constitution hasn't been followed for a long time, and it's only purpose now is to be applied selectively as leverage against those who believe it should be followed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    I have read about this elsewhere. I think a fair interpretation is that one side has clearly discarded the rule of law, and it justifies setting the rule of law aside when combatting those responsible.

    I'm not trying to incite violence, and not even suggesting that Trump is - just that it seems a likely interpretation.
    Exactly. Too many instances of the Constitution being ignored to even list. How many of the Jan 6th protesters have had due process, while being subjected to cruel and unusual punishment?

    I had caught a couple of news blurbs about Trump wanting to suspend the Constitution. Seems like one of those instances where the leftists screaming about could care less, but they know that many on the right talk about the Constitution, so that is where the propaganda is targeted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #8
    Its not like GW bush even cared about the Constitution either.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    We already know this is how much respect Trump has for the Constitution.

    Why is anyone surprised?
    Well said, sir.

    This should be the end of his candidacy. Not because of his disregard for the constitution (for which you've provided evidence), but because his massive ego is between him and moving forward. He's still whining to himself in the mirror every morning about how he got screwed over. It's all about him. He needs to go away.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Its not like GW bush even cared about the Constitution either.
    He was better than Trump. Iraq was a mistake.

  13. #11
    In 1934 you could no longer buy , unrestricted a military grade automatic weapon. By the end of 1969 there was no more real money made for circulation in the US . ( 40 percent silver halves were produced 1965 - 1970 but 1969 were the last sent to banks , other silver coinage was done at end of 1964 and gold coinage was eliminated in the 1930's . All of those things are forbidden under the Constitution. So its pretty well been out the window that we know of without even any deep thought for 88 yrs . Since the yr 2000 the national debt increased from 5.8 trillion to over 31 1/3 trillion currently , up rougly 450 percent while the GDP rose about 40 percent ( 1.9 percent per yr on avg and declining rapidly now ). So after 66 years of not bothering with a Constitution the next 22 yrs were spent making the country in a 90 percent worse hole than it had been . During that time most Americans spent time voting for people like Gore , Kerry , Clinton , Biden , Obama , Reid , Schumer and Pelosi .
    Do something Danke

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Shrug. The Constitution hasn't been followed for a long time, and it's only purpose now is to be applied selectively as leverage against those who believe it should be followed.
    Exactly my thoughts when I read these headlines. Suspend it, let's get this political ball rolling.

    We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

  15. #13

  16. #14
    I.E. you must certify fraudulent elections and there's nothing you can do about it. They have no rules and command you to follow the rules.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

  17. #15

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    We already know this is how much respect Trump has for the Constitution.



    Why is anyone surprised?
    That's bunk.
    Massie is provably wrong and your interpretation is not what he said.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He was better than Trump. Iraq was a mistake.
    There was no way he was better.

    But go ahead and continue to remind people what you are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Well said, sir.

    This should be the end of his candidacy. Not because of his disregard for the constitution (for which you've provided evidence), but because his massive ego is between him and moving forward. He's still whining to himself in the mirror every morning about how he got screwed over. It's all about him. He needs to go away.
    LOL

    Someone is finally calling for what needs to be done and the big bad anarchists/libertarians who talk tough about armed resistance to tyranny jump on the MSM/Fed bandwagon and condemn him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  22. #19
    One side has stolen every referee position, blatantly ignored the rule book, told the other side they can't cite the rule book, misapplied the rule book to the other side, and openly brags about all of it.

    You can't reimpose the rule book while letting it tie your hands.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    In the movies, we frequently see the trope where the hero must "break the law to save the law." This trope has a dark side, and we see it every day in our legal system where countless people are charged with crimes that are either not crimes at all, or which they did not actually commit (or both). To avoid lifetime sentences, they are forced to bargain down to some plea deal offered by the omnipotent prosecutor. And despite being armed with already limitless power to incarcerate practically anyone on any pretext (that is, anyone who can't afford to hire a top-tier attorney, rather than a public defender), the Law&Order type shows go on complaining about how the prosecutors' hands are tied, detectives' hands are tied, cops' hands are tied, etc. etc. We know where this evil emanates from.

    That said, when an infiltration reaches the level of a true fifth-column in our own midst, and when this fifth-column is gaming the very laws which form the foundation of our civil social order, there eventually comes a point where we must stop allowing those laws to be used against us. The scenario is like a bully who is picking on law-abiding citizen and continues to provoke him to violence, then threatens to call the police any time the citizen raises his fists to defend himself. Such provocations may be endured for a very long time but when they finally rise to the level of an existential attack, the only solution is to respond with equal or better force in the defense of the innocents in our country.

    Keep in mind that there is a whole generation of children born today in our once-great country who will be adults in another 18 years or less. Those responsible for this Clown World attack on our country and, indeed, the whole world want to carry our children off into CCP re-education camps. They will never admit that out loud, but if they had their druthers, that's exactly what they would do. In fact, they want it so desperately that they have effectively built an entire cocoon around the US, a cocoon of Fake News, Marxist education, mass surveillance, social-media mind-control, and many more evils besides. All of these evils have formed "... a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object [which] evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism..." To publicly say this on-record is now considered some kind of borderline illegal speech-act. The truth is gagged. The means of lawful recourse which have been established under the Constitution is to send new and better representatives to Washington, DC who will overturn bad laws, etc. elect a President who will execute the office of POTUS legally and constitutionally, etc. But when systemic corruption makes it impossible for the representatives we send to Washington to actually change things, and when our very elections process is itself being rigged and corrupted, what redress is left except to wipe the slate clean and re-found the country on the 1776-principle all over again?

    To be clear, when we declared independence from the British in 1776 and drove them from our shores, we were fighting against illegal and capricious invasions and tyranny from a hostile State with no legitimate claim of authority. And if we have to do it all over again, it will not be an act of lawless anarchism but, rather, the re-institution and re-affirmation of the selfsame principles in the DoI, based ultimately on the authority of God himself. The fifth-column that has invaded this country keeps baiting a second North-South war, because they believe that the Christian faith is just another version of religiosity... they worship Chaos and they believe that the world is just randomness, and the fortunes of one country or one faith is ultimately subject the vagaries of Lady Luck. Well, the idolaters who worship Chaos and Luck have a religious belief of their own, nothing more. And if they want to make this a contest of force, let them place their bets that Chaos wins in the end. It will not. Whether sooner or later, this world is going to be subjugated under the manifest authority of the kingdom of God. We have managed to live in denial of our true King for a very long time. It is a temporary delusion, and soon to end...
    Too many words.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Too many words.
    I predicted you would say that.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I predicted you would say that.
    You sir, have a predictor that is worthy of praise.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    You sir, have a predictor that is worthy of praise.
    I did some research, so as not to embarrass myself.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I did some research, so as not to embarrass myself.
    LOL well-played good sir.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's bunk.
    Massie is provably wrong and your interpretation is not what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There was no way he was better.

    But go ahead and continue to remind people what you are.
    Your fact checking can't be legit. I don't see a blue check mark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One side has stolen every referee position, blatantly ignored the rule book, told the other side they can't cite the rule book, misapplied the rule book to the other side, and openly brags about all of it.

    You can't reimpose the rule book while letting it tie your hands.
    One thing you can't misrepresent is your own contempt for the Constitution.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-05-2022 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

    A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Too many words.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Too many words.
    Alternately


  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Too many words.
    Go back to Twitter ...
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9, Hosea 13:16

  33. #29
    I love it here. Watching the circle jerk spin on someone directly stating they would "terminate of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".

    Mental gymnastics reaching a new level at RPF.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

    On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

    It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

    On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I love it here. Watching the circle jerk spin on someone directly stating they would "terminate of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution".

    Mental gymnastics reaching a new level at RPF.
    How is it mental gymnastics to point out that the side who hates the Constitution and never follows it is telling the side that believes in the Constitution that they have to follow it to the T to ensure that the side that hates the Constitution and never follows it remains in power?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-13-2021, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 12:54 AM
  3. Federal Government Takes Final Step to Suspend Constitution
    By PeacePlan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 04:08 PM
  4. Secret Bush Administration Plan to Suspend US Constitution
    By speech in forum U.S. Constitution
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 01:16 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •