Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California, San Francisco, etc. consider reparations

California, San Francisco, etc. consider reparations

California may give $223,000 per person to blacks for being black.

Cali Reparations Task Force Preparing $223,000 Per Person Recommendation

https://news.yahoo.com/cali-reparati...120000823.html

https://www.newsweek.com/california-...s-223k-1764114

https://news.yahoo.com/descendants-s...201842463.html

https://nypost.com/2022/12/02/califo...ack-residents/
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-16-2023 at 09:12 PM. Reason: post-merge title change
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, then, blacks better start moving there, quickly.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

My pronoun is now black.

When was California ever a slave state? No black was ever enslaved there. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Make it happen, California!

Let's get on with this.

Couldn't happen to a better state.

Lets all self identify as black so that we can get some free money.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Lets all self identify as black so that we can get some free money.
    I'm pretty sure that they will have a committee/NGO set up to decide who qualifies.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Couldn't happen to a better state.
    It's happening other places also. This is only the beginning.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they will have a committee/NGO set up to decide who qualifies.

This will of course require diversity and inclusion during the hiring process, months worth of sensitivity training including seminars on microaggression, misgendering and critical race theory before the committee can begin discussions.

The federal government must pick up the billions of dollars this 'education' costs in order to not impoverish the brave race warriors residing in Ca. by taxing them for their ideas.

LOL what a bunch of retards.
    Do something Danke

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Boston City Council Votes to Form Reparations Task Force
    Councilwoman Says 'This ordinance is only the start of a long awaited yet necessary conversation'
    https://timcast.com/news/boston-city...ns-task-force/
    Adrian Norman (14 December 2022)

Boston’s city council has voted to form a commission to study reparations for the city’s black residents as a form of redress for the city’s role in slavery and post-slavery discrimination.

The measure was passed by unanimous vote on Dec. 14, and places Boston among a growing number of jurisdictions throughout the country studying the issue of reparations.

Reparations supporters cite Boston’s history of segregated housing and political economy that reduced opportunities for blacks as part of the need to consider a reparations package, according to the Associated Press (AP)

“This ordinance is only the start of a long awaited yet necessary conversation,” City Councilor Julia Mejia said, according to the AP. “The City of Boston, like many areas around the United States, has profited from the labor of enslaved African Americans and has further disadvantaged them by barring them from participating in the same economic mobility opportunities as their white counterparts.”

Mejia introduced the ordinance in February, seeking an independent panel to chronicle disparities and “historic harms” that the city’s residents have endured. The commission will provide a report within two years, making recommendations on how Boston can “formally apologize for its role in the slave trade, how city laws and policies continue to disproportionately impact African Americans and how those injuries can be reversed,” according to the proposal covered in a separate report by the AP.

Several other legislative bodies around the U.S. have recently commissioned studies on the subject of reparations.

Earlier this month, St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones signed an executive order establishing a reparations commission, which will establish a nine-member volunteer panel to study and recommend opportunities for reparations to the city’s residents.

“The people closest to the problems are closest to the solution,” Jones said in a media release. “I look forward to reviewing this commission’s work to chart a course that restores the vitality of Black communities in our city after decades of disinvestment. We cannot succeed as a city if one half is allowed to fail.”

In California, a task force recently made headlines after estimating the total cost of a reparations package to black residents at roughly $569 billion. Under the plan, black California residents would receive $223,000 each.

"Reparations"
    California is setting a dangerous precedent with this move.
    Considering its happening to Calif.

Chair of California's reparations task force says blacks are owed $1 million each

I'm all for it.

On one condition: you receive those funds at a Customs checkpoint and you surrender all your US citizenship documents and status and then get the $#@! out.

I don't care where you go, just $#@! off away from here.

Chair of California's reparations task force says black people are owed $1MILLION each, demands black HOMELESS are compensated for 'discriminatory housing practices' - and says the money will 'boost the economy'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-slavery.html

Kamilah Moore, chair of California's Reparations Task Force, said black homeless people should receive the most aid through compensation for slavery

She said the state's housing discrimination and homelessness were also listed as one of the 'five state sanction atrocities' against black people

The latest federal and state data show California has more than 172,000 homeless people, with about 34 to 40 percent of them being black

Moore argued that the compensation would boost the economy

Economists in the task force initially recommended a $1million payout per person, but the group will make its final recommendation in July

By RONNY REYES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 00:46 EST, 6 January 2023 | UPDATED: 06:52 EST, 6 January 2023

The chair of California's Reparations Task Force said black people are owed $1 million each and that black homeless people needed to be at the forefront of the proposed compensations.

Speaking with the Rev. Al Sharpton on MSNBC, Kamilah Moore said her task force found that California's redlining housing practices targeting black Americans between 1933 and 1977 has had a direct effect on today's homeless community.

Dubbing housing discrimination as one of the 'five state sanction atrocities' against black people, the panel initially recommended to California lawmakers that the state pay up $223,200 to each black resident.

Moore previously said economists on the panel estimated that black Californians descended from slaves were owed $1 million per person in reparations.

Moore, 30, noted that as the panel prepares for their final recommendations in July, they are weighing how to help the people who would need the money the most as the panel argues the payments would go on to 'boost the economy.'

Her statements come after black activists in the community warned the state to comply with reparation payments to avoid 'a serious backlash.'
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny that he asked "do you know how many Buicks you could buy?" -- I bought an '83 Regal T-type back in '96 or so, $2285. I've used the "you could get 4 Buicks for that" line with people when they talk about purchases.

That was a great car. After driving it almost non-stop from northern California to central Texas, I thought about contacting the Buick folks to see if they'd make me an office chair. It was that comfy. For about four years it only had one tape in it (homemade). Pietasters Strapped Live on one side and a collection of MMB favorites on the other.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Tired of government stealing from one to entitle another. Let those that think they want this or that pay for this or that.

Basically the government extorts money under duress. It is criminal.

I was in a home of a poor person the other day fixing a shower faucet valve. This person doesn't pay for housing, food, utilities. Has nice apartment, nice car, warm house, full fridge. I would say she is living better than many that work. So how is it that some people are owed reparations? They live better than those that are smarter, got an education, have a job, and pay their way.

Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society was reparations.
    Last edited by RJB; 01-06-2023 at 08:20 PM.

Summary. Take money from people who have never owned a slave and give it to people who were never slaves.

Did I get it right?
    No - No - No - No

I identify as black. Stop transracial hate.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Summary. Take money from people who have never owned a slave and give it to people who were never slaves.

Did I get it right?
    Mostly right. The taking and the giving will occur but there is really no connection between those actions. They’re independent of each other.

The US has been operating under MMT since 2020 (at least), so whatever’s doled out will just be printed, no need to take anything to redistribute.

And to AF’s point about including conditions on the handout, count on it. The $1M would probably be CBDC based and lock in lifelong compliance.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Time for me to identify as black so I can get some free money.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People claim to be American Indian to advance their goals. Should there be purity tests? I have heard it said that all people came from black heritage.

You give most of those motherfuckers a million and they would still be broke as $#@! in a month.

I kinda want to see what a 'serious backlash' is. They gonna be so mad they vote for the same people? (as they have done so since LBJ accurately said they would).
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I dont see reparations happening any time soon.

Unless the White Liberal Elitist Politicians want to turn their state broke.

SF Reparations Committee proposes $5Mil each long time SF Black Resident

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-frans...161859859.html

The plan also seeks to establish "a comprehensive debt forgiveness program" that clears each eligible person’s student and housing loans, credit card debt, etc.

"Black households are more likely to hold costlier, riskier debt, and are more likely to have outstanding student loan debt," the draft explains. "When this is combined with lower household incomes, it can create an inescapable cycle of debt. Eliminating this debt gives Black households an opportunity to build wealth."

The committee submitted the draft proposal to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Dec. 23.

"The African American Reparations Advisory Committee has not yet received any feedback from the Board regarding their position on the recommendations or when the Board will schedule a hearing to formally discuss the Plan," the committee told Fox News Digital.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I now identify as a long time SF black resident.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast