Thread: Floor fight over Speaker McCarthy?

Post Floor fight over Speaker McCarthy?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't help but wonder if there's those interested in the position or getting their man in the position because it's 3rd in the line of succession.

Think about it. We don't often see this. What makes it odd is that with only the House, the speakership isn't really all that important,
    unless... Biden and Harris go bye-bye.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    What makes it odd is that with only the House, the speakership isn't really all that important...
    Seriously? Under Pelosi basically all the spending has been rolled up in massive omnibus spending bills that no one has time to read. No one has more power over the purse than the Speaker.

Not that important? You don't believe money is power, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I can't help but wonder if there's those interested in the position or getting their man in the position because it's 3rd in the line of succession.

Think about it. We don't often see this. What makes it odd is that with only the House, the speakership isn't really all that important,
    unless... Biden and Harris go bye-bye.
    Careful. You might cause a lot of people to start thinking Trump will be nominated for House Speaker.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Careful. You might cause a lot of people to start thinking Trump will be nominated for House Speaker.
    And yet, no one even mentioned Trump until you did.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

5 Republicans are opposed to him:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...-role-jeopardy
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    or Cheney. I don't want either.

I think McCarthy gets it eventually, but a floor fight and some dissent isn't necessarily a bad thing.

McCarthy is pushing on the Bidens and Mayorkas, and has said Ukraine is getting too costly.

I see no legitimate reason why he should be challenged like this. I smell a rat.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exclusive: Laura Loomer Disavows MTG After Rep. Backs Anti-MAGA Saboteur McCarthy for Speaker
    Marjorie Taylor Greene has backed Kevin McCarthy for Speaker of the House, the GOP establishment leader who used crooked FTX money to derail America First campaigns - including Loomer's.

https://nationalfile.com/exclusive-l...y-for-speaker/

RINO Reps. Threaten Moderate RINO or Even Dem Speaker if Conservatives Don’t Back FTX Scandal-Plagued McCarthy
    McCarthy's supporters are running a psy-op against conservatives.

https://nationalfile.com/rinos-threa...t-get-his-way/

Rep. Andy Biggs: 20 firm ‘no’ votes against McCarthy as Speaker
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...hy-as-speaker/
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 11-29-2022 at 04:04 PM.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

I think it’s waste of time

Jim Jordan head of Judiciary is real positive for our GOV

Go forward, do your best freedom caucus

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/sta...29640187977728
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.