Thread: California looks to ban all gas and diesel trucks by 2045

California looks to ban all gas and diesel trucks by 2045

California looks to ban all gas and diesel truck fleets

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...n-17604361.php

Andrew Chamings SFGATE

Nov. 22, 2022

A controversial new proposal to ban diesel-powered trucks in California has sparked a divisive debate among the trucking industry, the state and environmentalists.

The California Air Resources Board has laid out an ambitious plan to eventually force all diesel truck fleets off the road, with varying timelines. This includes mandating that all new trucks operating around busy railways and ports be zero-emission vehicles by 2024; phasing out all diesel trucks from those areas by 2035; and eventually taking every diesel truck and bus fleet off California roads by 2045, where feasible.

The proposed Advance Clean Fleets regulation first targets the busiest trucking areas in the state — around warehouses, sea ports and railways. The board says the pollution in these areas affects communities disproportionately.

"Many California neighborhoods, especially Black and Brown, low-income and vulnerable communities, live, work, play and attend schools adjacent to the ports, railyards, distribution centers, and freight corridors and experience the heaviest truck traffic," the board wrote, adding that this pollution causes health risks to those communities.

At a recent hearing on the issue in Sacramento, over 150 public commenters voiced divisive opinions on the proposal.

Many representing the trucking and construction industries said that there simply isn't enough charging capability or grid capacity in the state to move fleets over to zero-emission vehicles so quickly. (The shift away from internal combustion engines in big rigs has largely moved to battery-powered vehicles, though hydrogen fuel cell technology is also being developed.)

"The infrastructure cannot be established in the timeframe given," said Mike Tunnell of the American Trucking Association. "Fleets will have to deploy trucks that cannot do the same job as their current trucks."

Others pointed to logistical problems in charging electric vehicles.

"This will do damage to us. We don't really understand how to charge these vehicles," said construction company CEO Jaimie Angus. "Those pieces of equipment go home with those men every day, so they'll need to be charged from home? How do you compensate that person for that?"

Meanwhile, environmentalists, including a representative from the Sierra Club, urged that the timeline be expedited to rid the roads of internal combustion engines sooner rather than later.

Currently, fewer than 2,000 medium- and heavy-duty vehicles in California are zero-emission, and the vast majority of them are buses, reports Cal Matters.

California is at the forefront of the shift away from fossil fuels to reduce the devastating effects of climate change. In August, the state made the historic decision to ban the sale of new gasoline-powered cars by 2035, a move that is expected to lead to a 50% reduction in pollution from cars by 2040. Meanwhile, many cities in wildfire-threatened wine country have banned the construction of new gas stations.

Cal Matters reports that a second hearing and vote on the Advanced Clean Fleets proposal will likely take place in the spring.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    to reduce the devastating effects of climate change.
    FFS. These people have swallowed their own propaganda for so long, reality is meaningless to them.

I'm seriously considering leaving the energy industry - the entire policy landscape is run by idiotic ideologues. I used to enjoy embarrassing them in front of their peers, but it's not even fun anymore. It's just a pointless endeavor where they say stupid $#@!, I call them out, they get red-faced, then try to better craft their messaging for next time.

ETA: Did a little more thinking on this one. It's like speaking to a cult. How long does that sound like fun?
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 11-23-2022 at 11:11 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Yet there will still be idiots that will continue to live in Commiefornia.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

(ETA: LOL ASoL beat me to it)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    FFS. These people have swallowed their own propaganda for so long, reality is meaningless to them.

I'm seriously considering leaving the energy industry - the entire policy landscape is run by idiotic ideologues. I used to enjoy embarrassing them in front of their peers, but it's not even fun anymore. It's just a pointless endeavor where they say stupid $#@!, I call them out, they get red-faced, then try to better craft their messaging for next time.

ETA: Did a little more thinking on this one. It's like speaking to a cult. How long does that sound like fun?
    That's what I did.

When the president of the United States says I should be bankrupted and prosecuted for providing the commodity of modern life and keeps his dumb ass warm and fed. well, $#@! them. I'll never lift another finger to drill a drop of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

The indoctrination is deep just like Yuri Bezmenov said. We all have to figure out our escape plans, and have a couple contingencies.

If by chance, there even is a 2045 for the US, you will see Kalifornia staying green by importing electricity produced from coal from Mexico.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Many California neighborhoods, especially Black and Brown, low-income and vulnerable communities,
    I’m sure that was what people were concerned about when pollution and smog were bad in California.

Now that the air is relatively clean, these agencies run around looking for something unnecessary to justify their existence. Apparently they are now the “The California Air Resources And Social Justice Board”.

This is not new. They are using this as justification to do all kinds of things, like shutting down smaller airports because the nearby neighborhoods tend to have “brown” people, and it’s not fair.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The rest of the country just laughs at California becasue we know this stupid $#@! won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The rest of the country just laughs at California becasue we know this stupid $#@! won't work.
    The fedgov tends to mimic California.

When they pass a national fatwa, what does Florida do then?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The fedgov tends to mimic California.

When they pass a national fatwa, what does Florida do then?

Looks like this latest act of tyranny broke the camel's back.

New California, future 51st state?
    The Process of the Formation of the State of New California Is Well Under Way
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ure-51st-state
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Always the wrong way.

I like Electric,,but don't want it Forced.. I want it to displace with grace..and win on it's own merits..

I want an eCascadia,,as an RV home.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

California just loves to break the rules by going full retard.
    Do something Danke