Thread: Battlestorm Stalingrad [video series]

Battlestorm Stalingrad [video series]

Complete playlist (all current episodes): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...UtBP2pxYdCYiXX

The 1942 summer offensive and defeat at Stalingrad

This is an extremely detailed documentary of the offensive. Its up to 31 parts and still going. Here is Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 1. I will only post this one as you can go down the list one by one. Unlike many of these historians he plays it pretty much down the middle not favoring either side. You will really enjoy it.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-30-2023 at 05:00 AM. Reason: added link to playlist

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    This is an extremely detailed documentary of the offensive. Its up to 31 parts and still going. Here is Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 1. I will only post this one as you can go down the list one by one. Unlike many of these historians he plays it pretty much down the middle not favoring either side. You will really enjoy it.

This is definitely on my watch list. The last few years I have been obsessed with the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. The invasion of Russia and the disasterous withdraw in 1812 has had me curious about the parralells with the German invasion. Thanks. I will start with this video!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This is definitely on my watch list. The last few years I have been obsessed with the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. The invasion of Russia and the disasterous withdraw in 1812 has had me curious about the parralells with the German invasion. Thanks. I will start with this video!
    I know you will enjoy it. Each part is 40-47 minutes long so 31 parts and still going is very very detailed.

Could Paulus and the 6th army escaped before encirclement?

Stalingrad EP38. Encirclement complete. Goring's guarantee?

In this episode the Russians complete the encirclement and the argument begins on whether an airlift would work.

Seydlitz dooms the 6th army. Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1up6afbsT10

Extensive talk about the beginnings of the airlift.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-30-2023 at 04:52 AM. Reason: embedded video

Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 40. Bad beginning to Airlift. No breakout

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 41. Airlift failing, Manstein on the way?

Manstein did not give the breakout order

It didnt seem possible in any case

Rescue mission fails. Stalingrad ep 45

Christmas at Stalingrad. Breakout possibility has ended

Operation Ring Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 47

The beginning of the end as the Russians begin the final destruction of the pocket

Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 48. Milch improves the airlift but too late. The line collapses

Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 49. Pocket divided into 2. End is near

Hitler conference after Paulus surrenders

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Battlestorm Stalingrad ep 50. Paulus surrenders, both pockets collapse. 1 more ep, num 51 and the series will be over. By far the most detailed, informative series on any battle i have seen. Awesome work. His next battlestorm series will be the Battle of Gazala.

Final episode of the Stalingrad series. # 51 The Aftermath.