Thread: “Republicans had no plan”

“Republicans had no plan”

It seems that all of the pundits have a talking point lately, and it’s “the Republicans had no plan”.

Yes, Republicans bemoaned inflation, but did they talk about spending or the Federal Reserve? They talked about crime, but did they offer solutions? They talked about how incompetent the Democrats are, but why does it matter if there are no alternative solutions?

So with a lack of identifiable solutions and plans, almost anything can be painted onto that blank canvas. Thus, the Democrats, including their captive media, defined a plan for Republicans, with a little help from their friends, like the Supreme Court and Lindsey Graham.

The Republicans did “have a plan”, but the problem is that it was defined by their opponents. The plan was ban abortion and take away women’s rights. A simple plan. The pundits now saying that there was no plan are being modest, and a bit disingenuous.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Republicans did “have a plan”, but the problem is that it was defined by their opponents. The plan was ban abortion and take away women’s rights. A simple plan. The pundits now saying that there was no plan are being modest, and a bit disingenuous.
    Another part of the "Ultra MAGAt" Plan was to elect MAGAt Governors and Secretaries of State who would overturn "the will of the people" in the upcoming 2024 election. If there was anything that could be considered a bulwark of the MAGAt Platform, that was it. And the constant harangue of "stolen elections" from the MAGAt candidates made it clear that was just what they intended to do.

There are things, like that, which work to get candidates nominated during primary season (when the "less intense" <i.e.: normal> members of the GOP faithful don't bother to turn out), but which work against those candidates in the general election. The "stolen election" BS lost you not only independents, but a portion of the GOP faithful as well. Running on a platform of "the elections are rigged" was a bridge too far for even a lot of Republicans and instead of pinching their noses to vote for a MAGAt candidate, they pinched their noses and voted for candidates who at least supported the validity of the voting system.

Edited to add:
    I'm one of those anti-voting anarchists, and even I could see this. I find it unfathomable that people versed in voting don't see it.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 11-15-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Another part of the "Ultra MAGAt" Plan was to elect MAGAt Governors and Secretaries of State who would overturn "the will of the people" in the upcoming 2024 election. If there was anything that could be considered a bulwark of the MAGAt Platform, that was it. And the constant harangue of "stolen elections" from the MAGAt candidates made it clear that was just what they intended to do.

There are things, like that, which work to get candidates nominated during primary season (when the "less intense" <i.e.: normal> members of the GOP faithful don't bother to turn out), but which work against those candidates in the general election. The "stolen election" BS lost you not only independents, but a portion of the GOP faithful as well. Running on a platform of "the elections are rigged" was a bridge too far for even a lot of Republicans and instead of pinching their noses to vote for a MAGAt candidate, they pinched their noses and voted for candidates who at least supported the validity of the voting system.
    So true. Trump endorsements and the clown car of Trump surrogates perceived to be driven by the likes of Pillow man kept the GOP faithful and independents from turning out.

The Democrats maybe able to get away with treating their voter base like morons but that only goes so far with Republican voters and Independents. Trump got away with it briefly but those days are over. People have had enough enough of that nonsense and have woken up to the con that they were getting played.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    So true. Trump endorsements and the clown car of Trump surrogates perceived to be driven by the likes of Pillow man kept the GOP faithful and independents from turning out.

The Democrats maybe able to get away with treating their voter base like morons but that only goes so far with Republican voters and Independents. Trump got away with it briefly but those days are over. People have had enough enough of that nonsense and have woken up to the con that they were getting played.
    Ah yes, the nefarious pillow salesman. Don't worry about all the candidates being funded by Raytheon or Pfizer. We need to make sure we embarrass the pillow salesman. Mike Lindell is worse than George Soros, am I right?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-15-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Ah yes, the nefarious pillow salesman. Don't worry about all the candidates being funded by Raytheon or Pfizer. We need to make sure we embarrass the pillow salesman. Mike Lindell is worse than George Soros, am I right?
    Don't forget Big Dick pills that have bought and paid for Alex Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Don't forget Big Dick pills that have bought and paid for Alex Jones.
    Exactly. They only sponsor Alex Jones because they want to control what he says. Those guys are the real globalist influencers in our elections and must be dealt with!
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Honest question: were any of the MAGAt candidates running against extravagant and wasteful DOD spending? Lockheed Martin is the nation's largest military contractor - did Hershel Walker criticize them as he came through Marietta? Because I don't recall it, and if I didn't hear it, then most of the voting public didn't hear it either. If they did mention it, it was drowned out by the "stolen election" rhetoric.

But even if they did, it's a bit like Hillary going into coal country and telling them that she's out to eliminate coal jobs. Cutting back on extravagant DOD spending is principled, but probably not a winning campaign issue - a more winning proposition is to campaign on eliminating waste and promoting efficiencies.

Don't worry about all the candidates being funded by Raytheon or Pfizer. We need to make sure we embarrass the pillow salesman. Mike Lindell is worse than George Soros, am I right?
    A goodly percentage of the voters were against the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. Nonetheless, almost 80% of the country was vaccinated (most were happy to have the Pfizer and Moderna options) - so if there were any anti-vax MAGAts, they came off looking like crackpots to most voters. Besides, didn't the MAGAt in Chief brag about his "warp speed" development and deployment of the vaccine?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. They only sponsor Alex Jones because they want to control what he says. Those guys are the real globalist influencers in our elections and must be dealt with!
    Down with Big Pillow and Big Cock!!

Well, Clown World is hell, but it's also hilarious...
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9, Hosea 13:16

A goodly percentage of the voters were against the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. Nonetheless, almost 80% of the country was vaccinated (most were happy to have the Pfizer and Moderna options) - so if there were any anti-vax MAGAts, they came off looking like crackpots to most voters. Besides, didn't the MAGAt in Chief brag about his "warp speed" development and deployment of the vaccine?
    I think the latest booster has a 7% acceptance rate. Meaning 93% of people have stopped playing the game.

Listen, I really wish you could look at issues or candidates to determine what happened this election, but from my point of view, it was all about the voting process. It wasn't about this candidate's plan or that candidate's position on any issue. The marginal difference in most races was the process by which the votes were cast and counted. The tighter that process, the better for the GOP, the looser the process, the better for the D's. The voting process itself adds 5-10% to one side or the other.

It's why the D's will scare their supporters about disenfranchisement and why the R's will scare theirs about fraud. Because whoever wins the process, wins the elections.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Edited to add:
    I'm one of those anti-voting anarchists, and even I could see this. I find it unfathomable that people versed in voting don't see it.
    Democrats pushed the “protect Democracy” narrative, but I never met a single person who mentioned it as a concern. Plenty of women I spoke to mentioned abortion and women’s rights, and one mentioned the NRA as a secondary concern.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump was the gift that kept giving

D’s will use him for their gains until 2039

Edited to add:
    Funny how none of that was true for Florida which curtailed the Soros mail in, non signature verified, voting plan.
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

I'm not saying those clotshot figures are wrong or right but they come from the CDC who has lied about everything else. On what basis do you accept what they say?

No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

Democrats pushed the “protect Democracy” narrative, but I never met a single person who mentioned it as a concern. Plenty of women I spoke to mentioned abortion and women’s rights, and one mentioned the NRA as a secondary concern.
    So if the GOP just changes their stance on abortion, they can get more voters. I didn't know it was so easy.

An issue that the GOP has been dragging conservatives along, making endlessly fruitless promises for 5 decades and they finally accomplish overturning RvW (actually the SCOTUS accomplished it for them because they were too much of cowards to actually reverse RvW) and our response is: maybe the democrats are right and we shouldn't have touched abortion?

I have to tell you man, the abortion issue is not even the most unpopular stance that conservatives would suffer from. What happens if you were to tell these women that their daddy government checks aren't coming anymore? It would be a slaughter at the polls. I guess fortunately that has practically no chance of happening. I guess unfortunately that has practically no chance of happening.

The best possible stance the GOP could take is to say that states will decide the matter and if you don't like the abortion laws where you're at, move. But when you sit here and you say, 'see I told you that abortion shouldn't have been on the table', all you're really doing is reinforcing kicking republicans when they're down, and worse, legitimizing the prevailing narrative. Or maybe I should say 'kicking them when they're up,' considering democrats spent over $100 million in abortion ads across the country and still lost the House (probably).

Ad Spending Shows Dems Hinging Midterm Hopes on Abortion

Maybe the democrats didn't have a plan, either. They spent more on ads talking about how 'republicans are gonna take away yer rights!' than any other issue. (actually they still have a plan B which is always to drag out counting ballots for days, now even a week after the election until they get enough votes to 'win' the seats that are still undetermined, but some here don't seem to find that phenomenon suspicious at all so . . . whatever)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-15-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

It's obvious that 88 million really did vote for the potato and loved him more than Barack Obama. It's obvious that Arizona loves being an entry point for the biggest human trafficking op in the world. It's obvious that the entire country was down with nearly a year of arson and riots for George Floyd. It's obvious that the nation wants another massive foreign war. It's obvious that people want their children sexualized and exposed to grown men dressing as women to express a sexual fetish. It's obvious that people believe gender is assigned at birth. It's obvious that kids need gender affirming care. Come on, man!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    It's obvious that 88 million really did vote for the potato and loved him more than Barack Obama. It's obvious that Arizona loves being an entry point for the biggest human trafficking op in the world. It's obvious that the entire country was down with nearly a year of arson and riots for George Floyd. It's obvious that the nation wants another massive foreign war. It's obvious that people want their children sexualized and exposed to grown men dressing as women to express a sexual fetish. It's obvious that people believe gender is assigned at birth. It's obvious that kids need gender affirming care. Come on, man!
    Unless you have video-tape of Joe Biden personally sneaking into a polling station and swapping out millions of ballots, the election could not possibly have been "stolen" and to suggest that foul-play is even possible is tinfoil-hat, interdimensional-shape-shifting-lizard conspiracy theory and blatantly insane. This is why we need pink-haired Woke maniacs policing Twitter... to stop "the spread of disinformation" like this. "Itzh uh thrett to demokrathee!!!" And even when they get caught on video-tape (as they did in Georgia), it's not "election fraud" it's "voter fraud". So, it wouldn't matter if there was video footage of them sending police to close down polling stations en masse and simply declaring the "election outcome", nobody in the DC-Swamp/Media Establishment would bat an eyelash. Of course, if it happened, then there must have been a good reason and it must have been done "legally". Welcome to the USCCP...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 11-15-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think the latest booster has a 7% acceptance rate. Meaning 93% of people have stopped playing the game.

Listen, I really wish you could look at issues or candidates to determine what happened this election, but from my point of view, it was all about the voting process. It wasn't about this candidate's plan or that candidate's position on any issue. The marginal difference in most races was the process by which the votes were cast and counted. The tighter that process, the better for the GOP, the looser the process, the better for the D's. The voting process itself adds 5-10% to one side or the other.

It's why the D's will scare their supporters about disenfranchisement and why the R's will scare theirs about fraud. Because whoever wins the process, wins the elections.
    I agree and I think it's mostly the narrative. Democrats have years of experience over the GOP in pushing their narratives. The GOP is pretty much limp-dikked when it comes to letting the democrats define them (on this I agree with the OP).

Also, despite what people on here say about the GOP being able to fundraise on the backs of 'grifters', I don't think the GOP pulls in near as many donations from their individual contributors as democrats. I haven't donated a dollar to the GOP party itself since Ron Paul ran. Apparently I'm not alone. If I see a particular candidate I really like, I will send money. Otherwise, they're lucky enough to get my vote. (Ask me how much Mike Lindell convinced me to spend on Trump, it's a number somewhere between positive and negative). There's not enough fear in the world to get me to donate to someone I'm not crazy about.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-15-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Unless you have video-tape of Joe Biden personally sneaking into a polling station and swapping out millions of ballots, the election could not possibly have been "stolen" and to suggest that foul-play is even possible is tinfoil-hat, interdimensional-shape-shifting-lizard conspiracy theory and blatantly insane. This is why we need pink-haired Woke maniacs policing Twitter... to stop "the spread of disinformation" like this. "Itzh uh thrett to demokrathee!!!" And even when they get caught on video-tape (as they did in Georgia), it's not "election fraud" it's "voter fraud". So, it wouldn't matter if there was video footage of them simply closing down polling stations en masse and simply declaring the "election outcome", nobody in the DC-Swamp/Media Establishment would bat an eyelash. Of course, if it happened, then there must have been a good reason and it must have been done "legally". Welcome to the USCCP...
    Totally agree.

So if the GOP just changes their stance on abortion, they can get more voters. I didn't know it was so easy.

An issue that the GOP has been dragging conservatives along, making endlessly fruitless promises for 5 decades and they finally accomplish overturning RvW (actually the SCOTUS accomplished it for them because they were too much of cowards to actually reverse RvW) and our response is: maybe the democrats are right and we shouldn't have touched abortion?
    Already covered in the linked threads:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l-Conservatism
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Abortion-Move
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...20-Told-you-so

Bottom line: the neocons are still in control, which includes all of the Democrats and many Republicans. Lindsey Graham didn't push a Federal abortion ban for nothing.

Maybe the democrats didn't have a plan, either. They spent more on ads talking about how 'republicans are gonna take away yer rights!' than any other issue. (actually they still have a plan B which is always to drag out counting ballots for days, now even a week after the election until they get enough votes to 'win' the seats that are still undetermined, but some here don't seem to find that phenomenon suspicious at all so . . . whatever)
    The Democrat plan:

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Unless you have video-tape of Joe Biden personally sneaking into a polling station and swapping out millions of ballots...
    Sorry, cameras were down all night.

No vision, no plan...

https://twitter.com/ReverendWarnock/...53369205321728

https://twitter.com/GovWhitmer/statu...87569827737600

It seems that all of the pundits have a talking point lately, and it’s “the Republicans had no plan”.

Yes, Republicans bemoaned inflation, but did they talk about spending or the Federal Reserve? They talked about crime, but did they offer solutions? They talked about how incompetent the Democrats are, but why does it matter if there are no alternative solutions?

So with a lack of identifiable solutions and plans, almost anything can be painted onto that blank canvas. Thus, the Democrats, including their captive media, defined a plan for Republicans, with a little help from their friends, like the Supreme Court and Lindsey Graham.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, cameras were down all night.

GOP could have easily showed a plan but they decided actively, willingly, and knowning sabotageing their red wave was a much better idea.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge