Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad stuff going down in Maricopa county

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Bull$#@!. People making rational statements wanting to see evidence are not automatically Progs.

If you have evidence that the votes of the dead were actually counted in numbers enough that caused the loss for Republican candidates in Maricopa then post it.
    Philly Progs elected a Dead Man.
    And a Brain Dead Man..

They would vote for a Carrot.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Philly Progs elected a Dead Man.
    And a Brain Dead Man..

They would vote for a Carrot.
    Voter ignorance as usual. If Hitler was on the ballot running as a Democrat the Democrat registered voters would still vote for him. Probably if you questioned them afterwards they would have no idea they did so or call you out saying Hitler is fighting for them, without having any clue who Hitler is other than running as a Democrat.

This is why the news media is the way it is with their fake news, it works.

The propaganda about encouraging everyone to vote even if they have no clue what they are voting for is also part of the problem. They will just vote along party lines.

They should abolish political party designations on ballots and having each ballot print the candidates names in random positions so it cannot be gamed by the parties saying for ROW A or ROW B, etc.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Fact check = hot $#@!
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    That's one popular treasurer!!
    She should have run for Governor.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Voter ignorance as usual.
    Electioneering is "Usual" as well.

Highly Illegal.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...79804019453953

'Illegal Electioneering' for PA Dems Fetterman, Shapiro Caught on Camera: Project Veritas

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/miacat...apiro-n2615691
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-17-2022 at 06:41 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Fact check = hot $#@!
    Sure all points made by fact checkers everywhere, even here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...38026925756416

[additional tweet images hidden to save space]

Letter from Arizona AG to Maricopa County [hidden to save space]:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Reported for trying to overthrow the election
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Last few posts above, now we are onto something. Unlike the initial video posted that was pretty weak and easily dis-proven example.

[...]

Arizona attorney general demands answers on Election Day printer issues
    A letter addressed to a top attorney for Maricopa County injects new uncertainty into a fraught post-election dynamic
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...nty-kari-lake/
    [archive link: https://archive.ph/tlI0s]
    Isaac Stanley-Becker & Yvonne Wingett Sanchez (20 November 2022)

Arizona’s Republican attorney general has demanded answers from Maricopa County about widespread issues with printers that plagued voting on Election Day, injecting new uncertainty into a fraught post-election dynamic just days before the county is required to certify the results.

The inquiry heightens tensions between Maricopa County and the outgoing Republican attorney general, Mark Brnovich, who placed county officials under investigation after the 2020 election. Brnovich’s office wants answers from county officials before they submit their final election results later this month. His office did not respond to a request for comment.

A four-page document, issued Saturday on letterhead from Brnovich’s office, includes criticism of the county’s administration of the election but no findings that would call the outcome into question. Republican candidates lost the state’s most critical contests, including those for senator and governor.

Starting early on Election Day, printers at 70 of the county’s 223 polling sites produced ballots with ink that was too light to be read by vote-counting machines, county officials have said. That forced voters to wait in line, travel to another location or deposit their ballots in secure boxes that were transferred to downtown Phoenix and counted there.

County leaders have yet to explain what caused the problems, saying they will undertake a comprehensive review once ballot tabulation is complete. But they maintain that no one was denied the right to vote. An Arizona judge came to the same conclusion in denying a request from Republicans to extend voting hours on Election Day in light of the mechanical errors.

But the Election Day issues, now highlighted by the state’s top law enforcement official, are likely to fuel Republican efforts to dispute the outcome of the election, especially the razor-thin margin in the race for attorney general, according to top lawyers associated with both parties, most of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to share candid assessments of an ongoing legal matter. Democrats say they believe the claims will lack merit.

In the attorney general’s race, which appears destined for a recount, Democrat Kris Mayes led her Republican opponent, Abe Hamadeh, by just 850 votes as of Sunday. Hamadeh has promised to “lock up” people involved in the 2020 election. His campaign has been examining its legal options in coordination with national Republicans and advisers to Kari Lake, according to people familiar with the situation. Lake, the GOP nominee for governor, was projected last Monday to have lost her race and was more than 17,000 votes behind as of Sunday.

Lake has refused to concede, citing the widespread printer glitches to argue that her supporters were “disenfranchised.” Her campaign has been posting video testimonials from supporters who describe encountering the glitches, though some conclude by saying they were able to cast their ballots.

A Washington Post analysis found that the voting locations affected by the problems did not skew overwhelmingly Republican. The analysis found that the proportion of registered Republicans in affected precincts, about 37 percent, is virtually the same as the share of registered Republicans across the county, which stands at 35 percent.

Now, an election integrity unit within Brnovich’s office has weighed in. The embattled unit, created by Republican lawmakers after the 2018 midterm election brought top-to-bottom wins for Democrats, has faced criticism from election deniers and the political right more broadly for not spotlighting sufficient fraud, and from the left for using public resources to inflame misinformation about voting.

In the Saturday letter, an assistant state attorney general who leads the unit wrote that it had “received hundreds of complaints since Election Day pertaining to the administration of the 2020 General Election in Maricopa County.”

The letter is addressed to Tom Liddy, head of civil litigation for the county. It requests a report detailing difficulties with the printers, including which voting sites were affected and how county representatives determined that printer configuration settings were causing the issues with the ink. It asks for a “comprehensive log of all changes” to the settings.

Liddy declined Sunday to discuss the letter, saying he needed to meet with county officials charged with overseeing the election.

“We in Maricopa County are still waiting for the completed report from the attorney general of his ongoing investigation of the 2020 election,” Liddy said in a brief phone interview. “I am a bit surprised that he’s getting ready to start one on 2022 when he hasn’t finished the first one yet, but I wish him well.”

Bill Gates, the Republican chair of the county’s governing board, declined to comment.

The attorney general’s office also asks in the letter for information about people who may have failed to properly check out of a voting center after encountering the problems, potentially preventing them from casting a ballot elsewhere. And the letter raises concerns that ballots deposited in the secure boxes, known as “Door 3,” may have been mixed with other ballots, which the letter describes as a violation of statutory guidelines.

County officials have acknowledged isolated incidents of different batches of ballots being combined but have said that protocols, carried out with observers from both political parties present, include checking total ballots against check-ins at voting locations.

The letter requests a response by Nov. 28, the deadline for the county to certify results of the election. State certification is set for Dec. 5.

The assistant attorney general who signed the letter is Jennifer Wright, a lawyer whose 2011 bid for Phoenix mayor was backed by tea party activists. From 2010 to 2014, Wright co-chaired Verify the Vote Arizona and worked closely with True the Vote, a Texas-based organization that has made uncorroborated claims of rampant election fraud around the country.

Brnovich, the attorney general, affirmed the legitimacy of the 2020 election despite pressure from then-President Donald Trump to line up behind Trump’s false claims of widespread voter fraud. But as a failed candidate in the GOP primary for U.S. Senate this year, Brnovich emphasized his office’s work on election integrity and claimed that he was turning up “serious concerns.” His office has prosecuted about 20 cases of voter fraud over the past three years in a state of more than 4 million voters.

Days before the November election, Brnovich made his bluntest comments to date about candidates who deny Trump’s loss, calling them “clowns” engaged in a “giant grift.” County leaders last week approved moving forward with a lawsuit against Brnovich’s office over its alleged failure to produce public records stemming from the state’s investigation into them.

In the days since the Nov. 8 midterms, Republicans have been vague about possible litigation.

A legal expert said that even if Republicans attempt to use Brnovich’s letter to bolster their efforts to challenge the outcome of close races, it should have no implications for approving the results.

“It’s legally nothing,” said Tom Irvine, a now-retired lawyer with four decades of election law experience who represented Maricopa County in the 1990s and 2000s.

“There’s no proof that anyone was disadvantaged,” said Irvine, a Democrat.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-20-2022 at 08:40 PM.

https://twitter.com/liqidearth/statu...93289684320256

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://twitter.com/Jules31415/statu...46003181719553

Letter from Maricopa County to Arizona AG [hidden to save space]:

The more complex the process, the more prone it is to error, especially human error when multitudes of untrained poll and tech workers are involved.

This would seem to be a bad way to do business, except for the (unintended?) side effect that such a process opens the door to all kinds of malevolent shenanigans and fraud.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://rumble.com/v1xq6rq-woman-goe...ion-chaos.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/duncan_colton/st...04132721082369

Stalinesque AZ Election: County Supervisors Threatened W/ Arrest for Not Certifying Hobbs Won

Stalinesque Arizona Election: County Supervisors Threatened With Arrest for Refusing to Vote to Certify Hobbs Over Kari Lake as Winner of Gubernatorial Election

AZ and PA Counties Rebel Against Marred 2022 Elections

Why would elected officials have a vote if they don’t have a choice?

Ron Gould of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors announces his vote to certify election results in the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial election was forced. Maricopa County proclaims Democrat Secretary of State Katie Hobbs won the election, but thousands of voters in Republican precincts have testified that they were not able to see their ballot tabulated because tabulation machines – only in these districts – encountered problems, with 30% to 48% of Maricopa voting centers affected.
    Others say hours-long lines and a judge’s refusal to extend voting hours prevented them from voting at all.

See following article below “Maricopa Election Officials Run Afoul of State Law Mandating “Impartiality” in Lake Vs. Hobbs Election, Carries Penalty of Up to Four Months in Prison.”

Below video: Ron Gould of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors:

“I vote ‘aye’ under duress. I found out today I have no choice but to vote aye or I’ll be arrested and charged with a felony. I don’t think this is what our Founders had in mind…”

Geez. They could have told him instead that he would be fired. Not necessary to threaten with arrest.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...24916205903896

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...24916205903896

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

What the F* did Arizona Republicans really do to absolutely insure up & up voting & counting since November 2020?

They certainly whine & protest on social media

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    What the F* did Arizona Republicans really do to absolutely insure up & up voting & counting since November 2020?

They certainly whine & protest on social media
    Several were Watching and Recording Drop Box Stuffing.

But remember that the Democrat Candidate was in control of the Election directly.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

But remember that the Democrat Candidate was in control of the Election directly.
    true

Wasn't Brian Kemp also in control of his election directly back in 2018?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wasn't Brian Kemp also in control of his election directly back in 2018?
    I do not believe he was an Election Supervisor. and not in his own race.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ms. Lake's attorneys were sanctioned for making false allegations in their filings and failing to make a reasonable pre-filing inquiry as to the factual and legal basis of their claims.

The judge's order on sactions can be read here: https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...4569.106.0.pdf
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

She’s a media person to her core, so it’s hard to know how up & up she is

Hope & assume their state will eventually get straighter democracy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast