View Poll Results: You only have 2 choices. Pick.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don

14 56.00%
  • Ron

11 44.00%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    To remind people that there will be better choices in the race than either of these two overfinanced clowns? What do you think it pays?
    I would expect the people behind "Anyone but Trump" could pay well, but useful idiots are cheap so I'll have to accept your superior knowledge of the situation.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/_johnnymaga/stat...16297616969730

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I would expect the people behind "Anyone but Trump" could pay well...
    It's a little too far from election season to start with the usual "Not voting when Trump's on the ballot is a vote for the resurrection of Judas Iscariot" hyperbole.

But I guess it's useful when nothing good can be said about your object of unrequited love. Constant attacks on literally anyone and everyone else are handy, too.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymaga/stat...16297616969730

Last edited by acptulsa; 03-23-2023 at 08:03 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1638933272188141569
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDo...70419555759764

This is a Classic. So much for Ron and anti-vax. Besides, he got the vaccine and booster, just doesn’t talk about it. He also closed up Florida, and its beaches.

[Video clip, Fox News, Ron DeSantis presenting giving the shot to a 100 year-old WWII veteran (who died four months later...), with the post.]

The original video clip on twttr:
    https://twitter.com/rinohuntah1776/s...42704664797184

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Someone threw dirt at my guy. It stuck. I can't clean it off. He owns that dirt. What to do, what to do...

I know! Throw more dirt at the other guy! There's just so much dirt to throw!

No wonder they want us to think these are the only two choices for the nomination.

In fact, I can't imagine a better way to differentiate between "us" and "them". We know there are more choices for that nomination than these two tools, and They don't want us to believe that.

Step One: Pretend the next GOP POTUS mom has to be one of these bastards.

Step Two: Say you don't like either one, but "political realities" make it "our duty" to choose the Lesser Evil and pretend to like it.

It's essentially the same technique that sold billions of jabs--just pretend reality isn't an option. Sure isn't hard to see how we got into this mess.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-24-2023 at 08:12 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The digital dollar is in full swing per Biden's Executive Order, Fed wants it...

We know DeSantis is against .. and has pledged to stop it.

Trump? I doubt it.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

https://twitter.com/DavidWGrammer/st...58092372553730

Ron DeSantis Signed COVID Law Allowing Forced Injections by ‘Any Means Necessary’
    https://nationalfile.com/ron-desanti...ans-necessary/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The digital dollar is in full swing per Biden's Executive Order, Fed wants it...

We know DeSantis is against .. and has pledged to stop it.

Trump? I doubt it.
    Trump will oppose it.
    DS will flip flop like he did on Ukraine as soon as he has the nomination, after winning office at the latest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Someone threw dirt at my guy. It stuck. I can't clean it off. He owns that dirt. What to do, what to do...

I know! Throw more dirt at the other guy! There's just so much dirt to throw!

No wonder they want us to think these are the only two choices for the nomination.

In fact, I can't imagine a better way to differentiate between "us" and "them". We know there are more choices for that nomination than these two tools, and They don't want us to believe that.

Step One: Pretend the next GOP POTUS mom has to be one of these bastards.

Step Two: Say you don't like either one, but "political realities" make it "our duty" to choose the Lesser Evil and pretend to like it.

It's essentially the same technique that sold billions of jabs--just pretend reality isn't an option. Sure isn't hard to see how we got into this mess.
    There are no other options.
    Nobody but Deep State DeSantis has anything like a dream of beating Trump.
    Nobody else is seriously trying except people worse than DS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/DavidWGrammer/st...58092372553730
    That video really should have ended with both getting hit by a bus at the same time.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

There are no other options.
    Nobody but Deep State DeSantis has anything like a dream of beating Trump.
    Nobody else is seriously trying except people worse than DS.
    There are other options if people like us say "we don't want either of these charlatans".

Like we did with Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012.

If liberty is the goal we're better off even trying to draft Amash to run for LP or something. At least if he gains any steam, the result will be people hearing actual arguments for liberty, and maybe putting pressure on the Republicrat monoparty to actually respect liberty to some degree even if the campaign itself doesn't win. Contrast this to only hearing two power hungry $#@!s trying to compete about who could use big government more efficiently to crush "wokeness" or whatever the freakout du jour issue is, and then bickering about who you find less bad.

Then again the government is literally trying to ban a website and you don't see a thing mentioned in these woods. A crucial first step that would open the floodgates for so much more to come even if you don't even like TikTok. But apparently our priorities are bickering about who is better between one petty tyrant and another petty tyrant. As your hero would say, "Sad!".
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 03-25-2023 at 02:32 AM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    There are other options if people like us say "we don't want either of these charlatans".

Like we did with Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012.

If liberty is the goal we're better off even trying to draft Amash to run for LP or something. At least if he gains any steam, the result will be people hearing actual arguments for liberty, and maybe putting pressure on the Republicrat monoparty to actually respect liberty to some degree even if the campaign itself doesn't win. Contrast this to only hearing two power hungry $#@!s trying to compete about who could use big government more efficiently to crush "wokeness" or whatever the freakout du jour issue is, and then bickering about who you find less bad.

Then again the government is literally trying to ban a website and you don't see a thing mentioned in these woods. A crucial first step that would open the floodgates for so much more to come even if you don't even like TikTok. But apparently our priorities are bickering about who is better between one petty tyrant and another petty tyrant. As your hero would say, "Sad!".
    If you like your Brandon you can keep your Brandon.
    But there won't be anything left to save after his second term.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Poll: Trump Leads DeSantis by 8 in Hypothetical Head-to-Head

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...cal-head-head/

NICK GILBERTSON 24 Mar 2023

Former President Donald Trump holds a near double-digit lead over Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) in a hypothetical head-to-head 2024 Republican primary contest, according to a Yahoo/YouGov poll.

Of the Republicans and Republican-leaning independents sampled, 47 percent support Trump in a race against just DeSantis, who garners 39 percent backing. Another eleven percent of voters are undecided in the hypothetical scenario, and two percent would not vote. The figures for the politicians are unchanged compared to a Yahoo/YouGov poll from February.

This current poll also showed the candidates’ standing among a larger primary field, finding that Trump holds a double-digit lead as the front-runner with 44 percent of support. DeSantis sits at 28 percent, and his 16-point deficit has not changed since last month when he registered at 29 percent, and Trump sat at 45 percent.

Former Gov Nikki Haley (R-SC), who announced her candidacy in February, has five percent support in third place. Another four percent of respondents back Former Vice President Mike Pence, while Gov. Glen Youngkin (R-VA) and former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) are at two percent apiece. Former Govs. Chris Christie (R-NJ) and Larry Hogan (R-MD) have one percent support each.

In a race solely among the four leading vote-getters, Trump jumps to 47 percent, while DeSantis gains four points, reaching 32 percent. Six percent back Haley in this scenario, and five percent choose Pence.

The poll also gauged potential general election matchups between the top two vote-getters and President Joe Biden in a general race among 1,059 registered voter respondents. Biden holds a slim two-point lead over Trump at 45 percent to 43 percent, with seven percent undecided. As this is within the 2.7 percent margin of error, the race is a statistical tie.

DeSantis and Biden tie at 43 percent apiece, with ten percent undecided and five percent refusing to vote.

The poll was conducted from March 16-20, meaning a portion of it was completed after Trump announced he expected to be arrested, based on “illegal leaks” from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. The GOP primary portion of the poll sampled 459 registered Republicans and leaners. The margin of error for the entire poll is plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The poll also gauged potential general election matchups between the top two vote-getters and President Joe Biden in a general race among 1,059 registered voter respondents. Biden holds a slim two-point lead over Trump at 45 percent to 43 percent, with seven percent undecided. As this is within the 2.7 percent margin of error, the race is a statistical tie.

DeSantis and Biden tie at 43 percent apiece, with ten percent undecided and five percent refusing to vote.
    Head-to-head polling means basically nothing at this point given how fluid people's minds are on people they barely know but even if Brandon only wins by 2% in the popular vote, he would still lose the electoral vote most likely. After a bloody campaign who knows if DeSantis would fare better or worse than orange man.

If you like your Brandon you can keep your Brandon.
    Three hundred thirty million people in this country, and you can only see the two the MSM tells you that you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    As your hero would say, "Sad!".
    There are two kinds of people who let the MSM define who "can be elected" a year before the first primary, and obey. There are useful idiots, and there are shills.

Real Americans love watching the MSM spin the snot out of the results from Iowa and New Hampshire when we ensure that their "prophesies" aren't automatically "self-fulfilling", and the public sees your push polls and pushes back.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-25-2023 at 07:16 AM.

There are two kinds of people who let the MSM define who "can be elected" a year before the first primary, and obey. There are useful idiots, and there are shills.

Real Americans love watching the MSM spin the snot out of the results from Iowa and New Hampshire when we ensure that their "prophesies" aren't automatically "self-fulfilling", and the public sees your push polls and pushes back.
    We did it before with Ron Paul, not all the way mind you but better than anyone wanted to believe, and we could in theory do it again if we collectively woke up and stopped being MSM sheep. Hell I'd even look at Trump's 2016 success as evidence that if Ron Paul took more of a charismatic rather than educational approach, he could've actually won it.

Since then, what do we have? A bunch of Trump loyalists endorsed by Trump. It has taken the place of Republican grassroots. Even the Democrat progressives are doing a better job going against their respective establishments, and that party rigs harder than the GOP.

DS nominated Dave Kerner, a Palm Beach county democrat, to be the Executive Director, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, which oversees the state drivers licensing database, and can affect voter rolls.

https://www.flgov.com/2023/01/05/gov...otor-vehicles/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DS's Deputy Press Secretary Jeremy Redfern:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/petestrzok/statu...66308784472064

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

That's not accurate about Gorsuch, he is definitely better than Roberts and is way better than anyone the RINOs would pick.
    He's been the swing vote in a number of important rulings in our favor and is pushing to rein in the bureaucracy.
    Nice try at changing the subject from the gun rulings that are ending gun control for good though.
    Roberts votes on gun control have been as good as Gorsuch and Roberts was NOT a Trump appointee. There is no reason to believe that DeSantis would nominate someone bad on gun control. Nice try at a red herring though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump didn't pick. He was told who to choose. The same person will pick Supreme Court nominees under a GOP Administration no matter who is President. Leonard Leo of Opus Dei and The Federalist Society.

IIRC, it’s Kavanaugh who votes a lot with Roberts.

It’s all a moot point. The same people will choose Supreme Court nominees whether it’s Don, Ron or some other Republican.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ugh-for-SCOTUS
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Roberts votes on gun control have been as good as Gorsuch and Roberts was NOT a Trump appointee. There is no reason to believe that DeSantis would nominate someone bad on gun control. Nice try at a red herring though.
    I would certainly like to see some other choices, but nobody will touch it now unless you have some ulterior motive, the job is toxic cesspit...it's like Bob Lee Swagger in "Shooter"..."this stuff is plutonium, it kills anybody who touches it".

Mike Rowe 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I would certainly like to see some other choices, but nobody will touch it now unless you have some ulterior motive, the job is toxic cesspit...it's like Bob Lee Swagger in "Shooter"..."this stuff is plutonium, it kills anybody who touches it".

Mike Rowe 2024
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

I would like to see Ron debate Trump. I think Ron could humble his ass.

There is plenty of reason to believe his picks would be worse on many subjects.
    The establishment wants the preTrump status quo of a left leaning court with multiple "centrist" swing voters and DS is their man.
    DS has also had a very mediocre record on the 2ndA, including just recently letting the long delayed Constitutional Carry Bill be stripped of the provision to allow open carry.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Roberts is also responsible for watering down many good rulings that would have gone our way without him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is plenty of reason to believe his picks would be worse on many subjects.
    The establishment wants the preTrump status quo of a left leaning court with multiple "centrist" swing voters and DS is their man.
    DS has also had a very mediocre record on the 2ndA, including just recently letting the long delayed Constitutional Carry Bill be stripped of the provision to allow open carry.
    Desantis has never said he was for an assault weapons ban. Trump said that TWICE! Desantis never said he was for red flag laws. The first time I ever heard of red flag laws was from TRUMP. Nobody before Trump to my knowledge ever banned a gun accessory by executive order. Trump did and now Biden followed his example. And I don't want to hear your STUPID "well it's got struck down" excuse! It shouldn't have had to be struct down! And now gun owners are seriously hampered waiting for Biden's gun stock ban to be struct down, something Biden might not even have thought of if Trump hadn't set the precedent. Seriously the 2A is Trump's weakest area.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast