View Poll Results: You only have 2 choices. Pick.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don

14 56.00%
  • Ron

11 44.00%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    He's America First except when's signing NAU treaties. Never again, of course.
    He took us out of a permanent treaty and swapped it for one with a sunset and better terms for us.
    He was bringing industry back home and then we would be able to leave entirely without totally collapsing the economy.
    So, yes, he was America 1st.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anyone with no chance to win who attacks Trump is helping our enemies against our current best option.
    Like I said. You think Trump slinging mud is an asset and anyone slinging it back is a traitor. So when it comes to finding alternatives, you can't help but be useless.

You know how DeSantis got within striking rage of Trump?
    The same way Trump was installed. The MSM have him billions of dollars worth of free publicly pretending to hate him.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Like I said. You think Trump slinging mud is an asset and anyone slinging it back is a traitor. So when it comes to finding alternatives, you can't help but be useless.

The same way Trump was installed. The MSM have him billions of dollars worth of free publicly pretending to hate him.
    You have no idea how politics works or how Trump gamed the system.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Those girls look too old for Biden.

The Trump/DeSantis Dichotomy: A Rant
    Heaven or Hell! Duel One! Let's ROCK!
    https://odysee.com/@RazorFist:1/the-...otomy-a-rant:5

FRAUD: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Folds to Woke Disney, Pushes Bill to Quietly Restore Special Tax Breaks

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/fraud-...al-tax-breaks/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Heard DeSantis is friends with a lawyer that has ties to the Dominon voting machines.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Friends with Dominion lawyers. Funded and backed by Blackrock. Is for forced quarantine. Is a skull and bones member.

My fellow RPFers....how many of us were vocal about DeSantis being an ally while in the US house? I didn't see or hear a single member.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have no idea how politics works or how Trump gamed the system.
    I know he increased spending and debt and kept us in un Constitutional wars.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I know he increased spending and debt and kept us in un Constitutional wars.
    No, he didn't.
    Congress increased spending and debt and he got us out of wars.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, he didn't.
    yes he did
    Congress increased spending and debt and he got us out of wars.
    Trump increased spending and debt and we are still in the Middle East.
    That big spending scumbag is only against big spending when it doesn't fit HIS big spending agenda. The reason that progressive was against a military spending bill wasn't because it was too much it was because because it did not modify a law that provides liability protections to tech companies and would have authorized the renaming of military bases named for Confederate generals.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-15-2023 at 10:02 AM.

There comes a time when you've been at RPF long enough that you know that any candidate getting major traction early in either Party was positioned to be one of the chosen ones. IE...HAND PICKED.

Please tell me again how a sitting governor is the liberty candidate we've all been waiting for.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Please tell me again how a sitting governor is the liberty candidate we've all been waiting for.
    I think there's only one person here who's really big on DeSantis.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

... the liberty candidate we've all been waiting for.
    Are there still folks here that think a liberty candidate will ever appear on the national stage? Ron Paul was a unicorn. We aren't ever going to see a second one.

There comes a time when you've been at RPF long enough that you know that any candidate getting major traction early in either Party was positioned to be one of the chosen ones. IE...HAND PICKED.

Lol this! 2008 and 2012 PTSD episode coming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Are there still folks here that think a liberty candidate will ever appear on the national stage? Ron Paul was a unicorn. We aren't ever going to see a second one.
    We had Rand. He just had a doomed to fail strategy from the get go.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He's a pretty good governor though. When the CDC was pushing everyone to GeT VacCInATEd!!! he was one of the few that resisted and defended monoclonal antibody clinics (which, despite the CDC's adamant insistence that they were ineffective—actually did show promise). He's also the only prospective candidate for 2024 that I am aware of, that has openly suggested that the vaccine-injured should be able to sue for compensation.

I just don't trust him on foreign policy, so he needs to stay governor.

Then again Trump is an idiot if he doesn't at least take the same stance on vaccines. Low hanging fruit. Used to be kind of a no-brainer that if you are harmed by a medication that you can sue for damages. It's just this COVID vaccine that seems to be an exception, and we know why that i$.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-16-2023 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    No. Completely get that there is no political solution to the problems. My affinity for this forum is both nostalgic and that there are still very intelligent people roaming the forums with something to actually say from time to time in between the Trump infiltration goobers. There is also a wealth of old threads that still speak to my philosophy.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    He's a pretty good governor though. When the CDC was pushing everyone to GeT VacCInATEd!!! he was one of the few that resisted and defended monoclonal antibody clinics (which, despite the CDC's adamant insistence that they were ineffective—actually did show promise). He's also the only prospective candidate for 2024 that I am aware of, that has openly suggested that the vaccine-injured should be able to sue for compensation.

Then again Trump is an idiot if he doesn't at least take the same stance on vaccines. Low hanging fruit. Used to be kind of a no-brainer that if you are harmed by a medication that you can sue for damages. It's just this COVID vaccine that seems to be an exception, and we know why that i$.
    Trump has a stance on the vaccine: He wants it named after him!
    There is no spoon.

No. Completely get that there is no political solution to the problems. My affinity for this forum is both nostalgic and that there are still very intelligent people roaming the forums with something to actually say from time to time in between the Trump infiltration goobers. There is also a wealth of old threads that still speak to my philosophy.
    AMEN!
    There is no spoon.

Calvin Coolidge

Well thanks to Trump he made it impossible for people to sue over vaccine injuries. That alone is proof he's never going to do a 180 on the vaccines. Even if he did flip on the vaccines, Democrats are prepared to flip on them as well and blame him for all the damage they've caused.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 02-16-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Ron DeSantis Wins the Coveted George Soros Endorsement

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...and-ambitious/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron DeSantis Wins the Coveted George Soros Endorsement

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...and-ambitious/
    Yeah, let's cut up what he said and run with it... Is this the Trump team's strategy??!! FFS

Apparently, Soros was encouraging democrats that DeSantis is gaining GOP donors and will win the nomination which is a good thing. Because it'll make the narcissist Trump run third party, split the GOP and allow the democrats to win in a landslide.

Look, I don't like any of these people. Further, it doesn't matter who leads the government party. But you keep playing the cult of personality game - it looks great on you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, let's cut up what he said and run with it... Is this the Trump team's strategy??!! FFS

Apparently, Soros was encouraging democrats that DeSantis is gaining GOP donors and will win the nomination which is a good thing. Because it'll make the narcissist Trump run third party, split the GOP and allow the democrats to win in a landslide.

Look, I don't like any of these people. Further, it doesn't matter who leads the government party. But you keep playing the cult of personality game - it looks great on you.
    He's casting DS as a winner and a useful tool for taking down Trump.
    Meanwhile DS is hanging out with Jeb and being endorsed by the entire RINO wing of the party.
    Your understanding of politics is weak.
    Soros is giving his nod to the plan to use DS against Trump, a plan DS seems happy to play along with even if it risks helping a D win in the general by splitting the R vote.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Compare when DeSantis dropped the covid restrictions with when he and a large FL delegation went to Israel. Also, it's easy to oppose things like vax mandates after the damage is done. Monday morning quarterbacking doesn't impress me.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Just saw a “Republicans against Trump “
    Bumper sticker

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Just saw a “Republicans against Trump “
    Bumper sticker

Love it
    Let me guess what was on the other side of the bumper... "Liz Cheney 2024"

LOL
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast