View Poll Results: You only have 2 choices. Pick.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don

14 56.00%
  • Ron

11 44.00%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Roberts is not trash. He was Chief when this country overturned Roe, and voted for overturning it.
    He also voted against gay marriage, even though that lost 4-5.
    Roberts was the 5th vote for Qweer Marriage.
    He votes to the right when it is going to win anyway and he can try to water it down, he votes left when ever he can get away with it and tilt the outcome.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump didn't pick. He was told who to choose. The same person will pick Supreme Court nominees under a GOP Administration no matter who is President. Leonard Leo of Opus Dei and The Federalist Society.

IIRC, it’s Kavanaugh who votes a lot with Roberts.

It’s all a moot point. The same people will choose Supreme Court nominees whether it’s Don, Ron or some other Republican.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ugh-for-SCOTUS
    Nope.
    Kavanaugh was a deal with Kennedy to get him to retire.
    Kennedy was much worse.
    Trump undoubtedly did negotiate a compromise on each one in order to get the Senate to confirm them but he definitely made a difference in the choice.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...00128213778432
    Experts that have admitted to lying to him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Roberts was the 5th vote for Qweer Marriage.
    He votes to the right when it is going to win anyway and he can try to water it down, he votes left when ever he can get away with it and tilt the outcome.
    No, he was not. Roberts voted against Qweer marriage. Kennedy was the 5th for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

No, he was not. Roberts voted against Qweer marriage. Kennedy was the 5th for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges
    I must have been thinking of O'Bummercare.
    But this just shows that he votes on the right side when he knows the left is going to win anyway.
    It also shows how much of an improvement Kavanaugh is over Kennedy.
    Trump was the one who cut the deal to get Kennedy out in return for letting Kennedy pick Kavanaugh.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I must have been thinking of O'Bummercare.
    But this just shows that he votes on the right side when he knows the left is going to win anyway.
    It also shows how much of an improvement Kavanaugh is over Kennedy.
    Trump was the one who cut the deal to get Kennedy out in return for letting Kennedy pick Kavanaugh.
    I thank him for the 5-4 Roe v Wade abolishment. He did that.
    Obamacare was a 7-2 ruling. Thomas, Kavanaugh, Barrett also voted to uphold it. Only Alito and Gorsuch dissented.
    In extending 1964 civil rights act to gay and transgendered employees, only Roberts and Gorsuch said yes. 6-3.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

I thank him for the 5-4 Roe v Wade abolishment. He did that.
    Obamacare was a 7-2 ruling. Thomas, Kavanaugh, Barrett also voted to uphold it. Only Alito and Gorsuch dissented.
    In extending 1964 civil rights act to gay and transgendered employees, only Roberts and Gorsuch said yes. 6-3.
    O'Bummercare survived in the first case right after it passed before Trump's picks were on the court by 5/4 with Roberts as #5.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Among the chorus of DeSantis 2024 supporters, and the alleged paid social media influencers, many of which built their entire social media following by falsely presenting themselves as supporters of President Trump (while making boatloads of money off his name and selling MAGA merchandise) during his term in the White House, a new anti-Trump narrative is spreading, based off the despicable lie that Trump is solely to blame for the J6 political prisoners remaining behind bars.
    “Trump could have pardoned them!” the DeSimps scream, despite the fact that the vast majority of those behind bars, and many who are still being targeted by the DOJ in their growing “criminal investigation” into what the DOJ refers to as the “J6 CAPITOL INSURRECTION”, were charged AFTER President Trump formally left office following the transition of power to the Biden administration.
    Issuing a blanket, presidential pardon for non-violent actions on J6 would be a tacit admission that the J6 patriots did something wrong … which they didn’t!

But, the biggest hypocrisy in “DeSantis 2024” supporters attacking Donald Trump over January 6 is their refusal to admit and recognize the fact that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis supported the Capitol Police’s actions on January 6th, and he said he was in favor of J6 protesters being arrested and prosecuted for their Constitutionally protected right to protest and petition their government for grievances.
    “I actually am glad to see some of these people being arrested from the DC thing, because I think the prosecutions will really make a difference. I think it was a really unfortunate thing,” DeSantis stated during a news conference in The Villages, where I recently ran for Congress as an America First Republican against pro-impeachment RINO career politician, Daniel Webster. It’s is worth noting that DeSantis and Webster once served in US Congress together, and DeSantis even endorsed Webster for Speaker of the House. Following January 6, 2021, Daniel Webster was one of the only Republicans who skipped the vote on the second impeachment of Donald Trump, and he was the only Republican member of Congress who skipped the vote on Nancy Pelosi’s Soviet style, January 6 Select Committee which was the driving force behind the second impeachment of Donald Trump.

Many of the J6 political prisoners have spent months in solitary confinement, and in abhorrent conditions. In one instance, the wife of a J6 prisoner from Florida described how her husband has been denied medical treatment for his cancer while being detained and jailed for participating in J6.
    During a press conference, his wife thanked President Donald Trump for supporting her, her family, and the families of other J6 prisoners. She added that she has repeatedly called and left messages for her Governor, Ron DeSantis, in which she asked and begged for his help. “I’m from Florida. Nobody from Florida, Governor DeSantis hasn’t even reached out to us,” the prisoner’s wife told reporters during a press conference.

Prison conditions for J6 political prisoners is so bad and inhumane that 34 January 6 detainees penned a letter, demanding they be transferred to the Guantanamo Bay prison camp so that they could receive cooked meals, sunlight, freedom of religion, exercise, entertainment, and be treated like human beings.

If the transfer was to ever be approved, the J6 political prisoners could at least rest easy knowing that Ron DeSantis is no longer overseeing the torture of inmates at Guantanamo Bay, which is what he did during the Iraq war, as has been detailed by former prisoners who later lambasted DeSantis for his cruel and inhumane treatment, and his cover up of human rights violations under the disgraced administration of George W. Bush.
    Not only has Governor DeSantis publicly applauded Capitol Police for hunting down Trump supporters and hauling them to prison, he even commended Capitol Police for doing an “admiral job”, after they murdered Ashli Babbitt (a veteran) and Rosanne Boyland.

Immediately following J6, Governor DeSantis also hired Jeremy Redfern to be his Press Secretary. I have been investigating Ron DeSantis, as well as his staffers, their political history, and their highly suspect foreign interests and associations. Through my investigations, I discovered that on January 7, 2021, Redfern (who currently serves as Governor DeSantis’s Press Secretary) posted a series of Tweets in which he called for President Trump to be impeached, and another tweet in which he mocked and celebrated the murder of Ashli Babbitt. In response to a tweet in which one user said Ashli Babbitt deserved to be shot and killed inside the Capitol, Redfern tweeted, “$#@! Around and Find Out 101 (FAFO)”.

When I tweeted the screenshot and tagged Redfern upon my reinstatement to Twitter following a 5 year ban, I asked him why, as the Press Secretary for Ron DeSantis, he would tweet in support of impeaching President Trump, and why he would mock the murder of Babbitt. Not only did Redfern not reply to my viral tweet, but he proceeded to delete 13 years of his tweet history, up until January 2021.

While some may point towards DeSantis’s one time statement that was mildly critical of Nancy Pelosi’s January 6th Committee to falsely claim that he is somehow fighting for the J6 political prisoners, in reality, his criticism was more of an attempt to dodge a J6 related question and pivot to other political issues. Instead of discussing the problems with the J6 show trials, and instead of describing the Soviet Style show-trial as a witch hunt and condemning the political persecution by the corrupt DOJ, DeSantis said we all need to stop talking about J6, because in his words, “that was over a year and a half ago.” DeSantis doesn’t want to talk about the abuse of power by the DOJ which has continued to get even worse since J6 2021. But, then again, why would he? He jump started his political career following connections he made in the George W. Bush administration as a JAG lawyer and federal prosecutor in the Navy. DeSantis’s bread has always been buttered by the U.S. federal government and Deep State military industrial complex, which is where you can find his true political loyalties.

Not only did Governor DeSantis commend the Capitol Police after they murdered Ashli Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland, and not only did he signal his approval when Trump supporters in Florida were being arrested for simply attending J6, but he has actively assisted the Capitol Police in their efforts to target Floridians, who make up the highest number of January 6th defendants out of any state.

Let that sink in. Governor DeSantis allowed the U.S. Capitol Police to establish a field office in Tampa — nearly 1,000 miles away from Washington, D.C.!
    One of the stated goals of this field office was to work with Florida state law enforcement to locate and arrest as many January 6th participants as possible.

“I trust that the partnerships will help bring accountability to the domestic terrorists responsible for the deadly insurrection on January 6,” Rep. Kathy Castor (D-FL14) said after the field office opened. “Many domestic terrorists from that racist, anti-American mob already have been arrested and charged – too many from Florida. We will learn the entire truth about the traitorous attack on our democracy. A Select Committee to investigate the deadly attack on our nation’s Capitol has been organized. We will identify those who funded the insurrection, and those involved in beatings, injuries and deaths of Capitol Police officers. Ultimately, USCP will protect the country from future attacks,” Castor added.
    While DeSantis could have shut down this Inquisition like, Capitol Police field office in Tampa, FL, he outright refused to, even after the local county GOP sent him a letter requesting the office be shut down!
    “Governor DeSantis, you must withdraw and terminate any real or perceived permissions,” Hillsborough County GOP Chairman Col. Jim Waurishuk stated. “The existence of Capitol Police and the FBI in our State is a global statement that Florida Sheriffs and Peace Officers are incompetent and incapable of doing their jobs. Further, this is a slap in the face to our local Sheriffs and Police officers.”
    In true DeSantis fashion, he ignored the requests of Floridians and the MAGA base.
    But, wait! There’s more! Nikki Fried, who was elected as Florida Agriculture Commissioner in 2018 when DeSantis was first elected Governor of Florida, was the only Democrat to serve in DeSantis’s cabinet. In Florida, the Agriculture Commissioner controls the licensing process for Conceal Carry Firearm permits.
    In direct violation of the Second Amendment, Nikki Fried illegally stripped the Conceal Carry permits for dozens of Pro-Trump Floridians who were in Washington DC on January 6, even though they had not been found guilty of a crime.

DeSantis had the authority as Governor to reprimand Nikki Fried for her abuse of power and illegal red flagging of Floridians, but he never once issued a statement about her actions, and never did anything to stop her anti-Second Amendment political witch hunt.

One would think that Governor DeSantis, who prides himself on being the Governor of “the free state of Florida” (in name only of course) would respect American’s right to protest, as well as their right to bear arms, as is outlined in both the First and Second Amendments of the United States Constitution. However, DeSantis is the furthest thing from a free speech absolutist, and as an advocate for unconstitutional “Red Flag” laws, he is also certainly not a staunch gun-rights advocate.
    As Governor of Florida, DeSantis has further demonstrated his disdain for the right to political protest and the right to peacefully assemble when he championed a bill that criminalizes non-violent protests outside of “residential areas”. His bill is a direct violation of the First Amendment, and while I was running for Congress in Florida’s 11th Congressional District as an America First Republican and Free Speech absolutist, I was very vocal about my opposition to DeSantis’s protest law, and its violation of the First Amendment rights of Floridians.
    In contrast, President Donald Trump has been standing up for the J6 patriots and political prisoners. He has consoled the family of Ashli Babbitt. And most recently, he promised to use presidential pardon power to undo the criminal injustice being carried out in this government funded act of political persecution.

President Trump has also provided financial support for some of the J6 political prisoners.

President Trump is doing all of this while he and his family are simultaneously facing multiple civil harassment lawsuits funded by left-wing billionaires, and a criminal referral by Pelosi’s January 6th Kangaroo Court.
    On the issue of the J6 political prisoners, the difference between Trump and DeSantis couldn’t be more clear. DeSantis, a career government prosecutor with a documented history of participating in the torture of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, wants the J6ers locked away in prison where they are also being tortured. In comparison, Donald Trump is a tried and true proven fighter who will set these patriotic political prisoners free when he wins re-election in 2024.

More at: https://lauraloomer.substack.com/p/p...antis-an-enemy

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^^^^^^^^^Now that's an organic post, and not a prepackaged bot post if I've ever seen one. Totes compiled by Swordy as original thought and posted as such!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Oy vey! The fake Trump/DeSantis fighting is starting already?

I'm going to have so much fun with memes like this

Something about flooding the zone, information overload and everything the American public believing is false....
    Last edited by devil21; 03-19-2023 at 02:41 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

^^^^^^^^^Now that's an organic post, and not a prepackaged bot post if I've ever seen one. Totes compiled by Swordy as original thought and posted as such!
    It's an article, but I guess you didn't read enough of it to see that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why not just stop pretending that either of them are worthy of any trust whatsoever?

Follow the money/potential donors with DeSantis.
    Follow the record with Trump.

It's as simple as that. And DeSantis's record is $#@! too but some people are into his recent theatrics. I just need to remind people that they are just that - theatrics. He has the trust of the WRONG people, meaning he will do the WRONG things and answer to the WRONG calling as POTUS. Just like how Trump is an ego-driven narcissistic baboon.

DeSantis hates freedom. Trump hates freedom. Let's do better.

I'm one of the biggest anti-Trumpers here but I'd honestly rather Trump win the primary at this point rather than people fall for a new false hope. Then he can be thrown into the sea never to be seen again as he is term limited.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Guilty as charged. I scroll past your packaged posts as a rule since I already know there will be no original thought or content provided.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Guilty as charged. I scroll past your packaged posts as a rule since I already know there will be no original thought or content provided.
    1000%

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    1000%

LOL

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“Trump could have pardoned them!” the DeSimps scream...
    Article? Is that what they call partisan propaganda editorials these days? Articles?

Remember when people used words like "article" and "editorial" to differentiate fact and fiction? Then Progs and Repugs all agreed that we shouldn't get all hung up on such distinctions.
    We believe our lying eyes...

“Klaus has done a fantastic job.” - Trump

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...54948107829248
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He had to say that ... because otherwise, his vetoes would be overridden ... or ... or something ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-21-2023 at 08:46 PM.

While he undermined their entire agenda.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Anyone who takes that seriously must live in a cave.
    That crowd is bending every effort to destroy Trump and their RINO friends are backing DS.
    IMC is a huckster.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    He had to say that ... because otherwise, his vetoes would be overridden ... or ... or something ...

We're way past talking about what real effects his actions cause.

Now that his Counterculture Rating has reached Magic Level One Zillion, the mere act of doing what Schwab tells him to do bursts "vaccine" vials in warehouses on four continents.

The cringe runs deep.

https://twitter.com/TheRJGray/status...70173567619074

Last edited by acptulsa; 03-22-2023 at 07:52 AM.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis proposes banning a digital currency from the Fed, arguing it will stifle innovation and promote surveillance
    https://news.yahoo.com/florida-gover...162504069.html

How Trump singlehandedly in live session at White House rejected Pentagon, CIA recommendation to hit Iran with a strike package
    in 2019. CENTCOM (McKenzie) intentionally flew UAV into Iranian air space, when they shot it down, Bolton and Pompeo and the Chiefs of Staff
    went to Trump in the Oval Office and said they recommenend launching the strike package immediately.. Trump refused them right to their faces and said no.
    If it weren't for Trump, the Iran War would have already happened. That part is 26 min+

How Trump singlehandedly in live session at White House rejected Pentagon, CIA recommendation to hit Iran with a strike package
    in 2019. CENTCOM (McKenzie) intentionally flew UAV into Iranian air space, when they shot it down, Bolton and Pompeo and the Chiefs of Staff
    went to Trump in the Oval Office and said they recommenend launching the strike package immediately.. Trump refused them right to their faces and said no.
    If it weren't for Trump, the Iran War would have already happened. That part is 26 min+

DS will order an attack, unless he gets us involved in Taiwan first.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

https://twitter.com/TheRJGray/status...70173567619074

And how much is the pay?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Locking down the country over covid and fast-tracking an unsafe, ineffective, and dangerous vaccine isn't exactly what I would call "undermining their entire agenda." Looks to me like Trump gave them exactly what they wanted.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sought to clean up comments where he called Russia's brutal war on Ukraine a 'territorial dispute' after drawing rebukes against 'isolationism' but praise from Fox News host Tucker Carlson.
    'Well, I think it's been mischaracterized. Obviously, Russia invaded — that was wrong. They invaded Crimea and took that in 2014 — That was wrong,' DeSantis told Piers Morgan in an interview more than a week after his initial comments.
    He also rolled out tough talk against Russian President Vladimir Putin, calling him a 'war criminal' and saying he should be 'held accountable,' while dissing Russia as 'basically a gas station with a bunch of nuclear weapons' during a week when Putin huddled with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Moscow.

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...acterized.html

Is he possessed by the ghost of McCain?

John McCain: Russia is a 'gas station masquerading as a country'

January 8, 2015

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Locking down the country over covid and fast-tracking an unsafe, ineffective, and dangerous vaccine isn't exactly what I would call "undermining their entire agenda." Looks to me like Trump gave them exactly what they wanted.
    He didn't lock down, the states did, including DeSantis.
    Trump opposed their agenda every way he could.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And how much is the pay?
    To remind people that there will be better choices in the race than either of these two overfinanced clowns? What do you think it pays?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast