View Poll Results: You only have 2 choices. Pick.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don

14 56.00%
  • Ron

11 44.00%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. DeSantis

NY Post: Trump demands ‘average’ DeSantis duck 2024 run in post-midterm tantrum

https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/trump-...llout-spreads/

This was all over the news from sources across the political spectrum. I tried to post a neutral source, so I used a site that used to support Trump. Be free to post other sites, as one man's tantrum may be another man's sound leadership..

I was astounded, amazed, and horrified at the story. To me, this is probably the story of the day.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is fired
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I spoke to a previous Trump supporter today. He said that Trump's attacks on DeSantis have soured him on Trump. Trump is losing support by the day.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A lot of people keep saying DeSantis proved that Trump is a drag on the party.. That is not true. The difference between Florida and the rest of the country is that Florida does not have universal mail in voting and they have sound elections. They have also benefited from a huge red migration to their state due to the covid lockdowns.

And I'll keep saying it because it's probably true.. DeSantis, as great of a Governor he is (in comparison to others.. DeSantis should be a baseline Republican governor, not outstanding), my gut tells me if he gets to federal office, he is going to be a neocon, bought by the deep state. There is some evidence for that already.. and I hope I'm wrong.. but I will remain a bit weary.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-11-2022 at 02:09 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I spoke to a previous Trump supporter today. He said that Trump's attacks on DeSantis have soured him on Trump. Trump is losing support by the day.
    Yep, no shortage of Trump supporters still willing to buy into the deep state narratives.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://babylonbee.com/news/selfish-...ve-for-himself

Selfish DeSantis Takes Entire Red Wave For Himself

TALLAHASSEE, FL — The 2022 midterm elections ended with a heap of disappointments and shattered expectations for the Republican party. As the nation waits patiently for final tallies to trickle in and determine party power, one thing is for certain: Florida governor Ron DeSantis selfishly hoarded the entire red wave for himself.

GOP insiders are livid at DeSantis, claiming there was plenty of red wave to go around.

"While we're glad to see DeSantis win Florida, it's obvious he didn't need the whole batch of red wave to get the job done," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the GOP puppetmaster adept at appearing to do nothing for the Republican party while working tirelessly behind the scenes to actually do nothing. "We could have used some of the stuff in Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona. Did we get any? Nope."

Donald Trump has appeared unphased by his young rival's selfish stockpiling of precious red wave, an act that purportedly made the 45th president's handpicked MAGA candidates look like incompetent morons, costing the party vital seats in the House and Senate. To demonstrate how unfettered he was by DeSantis, Trump went to TRUTH Social and Truthed, "Little Ronnie DeSelfish won't know what hit him when I very soon will reveal a redder, wavier wave, bigger than any wave that's ever waved. Huge wave. Huge, red wave!"

At publishing time, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy was seen at the front door of the Florida Governor's home, begging for just a little red wave.

All from a single source. You seem to be quite a fan of The Conservative Tree House.
    It's a good source.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I've moved some posts from another thread into this one.

Post #12 above is the original OP of this thread.
    That's your prerogative.
    I answered a question in a different thread and then decided this deserved its own thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yep, no shortage of Trump supporters still willing to buy into the deep state narratives.
    Huh.

Gee, could they have been doing that all along...?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/trump-...llout-spreads/

This was all over the news from sources across the political spectrum. I tried to post a neutral source, so I used a site that used to support Trump. Be free to post other sites, as one man's tantrum may be another man's sound leadership..

I was astounded, amazed, and horrified at the story. To me, this is probably the story of the day.
    Meh. Trump wrote off Oz by quipping that he only endorsed the guy because Melania liked him, and the universal spin is that Trump blamed Melania for Oz's loss. This Trump bashing is just the silly game they're playing to distract people from the serious gaming of the election itself.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-11-2022 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

So Trump will double down and hire new staff to fix the problem, maybe the podesta brothers

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People in Florida like DeSantis more than Trump. Trump has no path to victory that doesn't go through Florida. So he is shooting any future political ambitions he may have in the foot. Trump will likely be indicted and barred from seeking office anyway, so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Oy vey! The fake Trump/DeSantis fighting is starting already?

I'm going to have so much fun with memes like this

Last edited by devil21; 11-11-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Don't mind me, just practicing for Zion Don vs. Zion Ron.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Here we go, the honest candidate!

https://twitter.com/mikepompeo/statu...61036541935617

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/s...66835235262471

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Oy vey! The fake Trump/DeSantis fighting is starting already?

I'm going to have so much fun with memes like this

"I want you should fight"

I'm impressed with DeSantis as a governor and really think he should stay in Florida to do everything possible to put a lock on it being a genuinely free state. Make freedom so entrenched in law that it's almost impossible for any $#@!libs to reverse. Governors have a lot more power than presidents. The federal govt is, imho, too far gone for any president to turn it around. Maybe slow down the inevitable collapse but that's about it. It's completely Satanic (literal, figurative, whatever works). Though I voted for him both times, Trump has no principals and is so easily swayed by morons like his stupid globalist daughter who carried on about Assad "gassing his own people". I'm not at all convinced Trump wouldn't keep backing Ukraine because he may see it as a contest and he must always "win" because he's a narc. Trump also pushed selling US drilled LNG to Europe, which I vehemently oppose. I'd love to think that DeSantis would be a better candidate, if he chose to run, but I don't know anything about his views on foreign policy other than, like Trump, he's hard core pro Israel. The thing is, it's takes charisma and force of personality to win a presidential race and other people who like don't have it. Only eleven R senators voted against looting Americans for the proxy war against Russia and I need to examine them to see what other types of positions they hold. Do any of those eleven have what it takes? I dunno.
    Look at you. I'm a Trumper.
    Go fuck yourself, you open borders mf.
    I'm also white, bitch. You can try to genocide me, commie and I'll make sure your good old days don't stay good.
    You cancer on humanity, Biden bro, motherfucker.

- some comment online

Here we go, the honest candidate!

https://twitter.com/mikepompeo/statu...61036541935617
    A terrible strike against Trump, along with Bolton and other neocons and swamp creatures he appointed. The question is, would DeSantis do the same?
    I'm also white, bitch. You can try to genocide me, commie and I'll make sure your good old days don't stay good.

- some comment online

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's your prerogative.
    I answered a question in a different thread and then decided this deserved its own thread.
    I wasn't complaining or criticizing.

IMO, starting a new thread was the appropriate thing to do.

I was just pointing out what I did in case anyone was confused by the change of thread OP.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-11-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Trump's very public full endorsement of DeSantis in the 2018 primary vs Adam Putnam yielded a 19 point shot up in one week.
    He could have lost that primary to Putnam.

I'm not so sure Trump doesn't have a point here. DeSantis can withhold an endorsement... until next year... but by refusing to say whether he will run for POTUS or not, he's playing the game just like the rest. DeSantis will have up to 7 or 8 more presidential races to try and get in. He's young.

Trump has a right to be upset.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=adam+putna...&t=ffsb&ia=web
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    A terrible strike against Trump, along with Bolton and other neocons and swamp creatures he appointed. The question is, would DeSantis do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    People in Florida like DeSantis more than Trump. Trump has no path to victory that doesn't go through Florida.
    That depends on how much traction DeSantis has outside of Florida, which remains to be seen.

As influential as Florida may be, it is not the sole decider of who gets to be the Republican nominee for POTUS.

(And if Trump does win the nomination, it's not like most DeSantis supporters are going to vote for the Democrat in the general election.)

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Trump will likely be indicted and barred from seeking office anyway, so it's a moot point.
    It's not moot unless and until that actually happens, however likely it might be.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-11-2022 at 06:47 PM.

Donald Trump Says He 'Sent in the FBI' To Stop Ron DeSantis Losing Election

Donald Trump has claimed that he stopped Ron DeSantis from losing his 2018 gubernatorial election by sending in federal agents to prevent the race being rigged by voter fraud.
    The latest unsubstantiated claims of election fraud pushed by the former president arrive as Trump continues to attack DeSantis in the wake of the GOP's poor midterm performance, with many conservative figures now believing the Florida governor should lead the party heading into 2024.

In a lengthy statement posted on his social media website Truth Social on Thursday evening, Trump described "Ron DeSanctimonious"—his new nickname for the governor—as an "average" Republican who was "politically dead" when he came to him for help to beat Florida's agriculture commissioner, Adam Putnam, in the GOP primary for governor.

Trump then took credit for DeSantis beating Democrat Andrew Gillum in the 2018 gubernatorial election by holding "two massive rallies" in support of DeSantis and fixing his campaign, which the former president said "had completely fallen apart."

Trump also claims, without evidence, that he helped DeSantis' 2018 election from being "stolen" by sending the FBI and prosecutors to investigate apparent voter fraud.

"I was all in for Ron, and he beat Gillum, but after the Race, when votes were being stolen by the corrupt Election process in Broward County, and Ron was going down ten thousand votes a day, along with now-Senator Rick Scott, I sent in the FBI and the U.S. Attorneys, and the ballot theft immediately ended, just prior to them running out of the votes necessary to win. I stopped his Election from being stolen," Trump said.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-desan...stolen-1758853
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

So all the indecision about Trump vs DeSantis will leave the field wide open for Rand.

It will certainly leave it open to someone that actually discusses things for everyone sick of all the drama (the >% of all Americans). DeSantis doesn't seem to be much of a discusser, but doer - Trump may tear him down while other candidates are still there.

Maybe an ideal time to hit them with reason. (the most powerful weapon there is)
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 11-11-2022 at 04:52 PM.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...90349330157568

“Trump has right to be upset”

What an overly emotional 3 year old

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's sickening. The country can't seem to get away from ZOG.

- some comment online

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    “Trump has right to be upset”

What an overly emotional 3 year old
    Maybe a pat on the head and consolation would be in order. Poor little rich dude, there there. We'll give you your your way.

No.

I know hundreds of millions that have a right to be upset at a man who shut down the country with no constitutional authority on a fraud. etc Etc ETC. The worst decision and most disastrous one ever made.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 11-11-2022 at 10:53 PM.

And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-12-2022 at 04:44 AM. Reason: added quote after merge for clarity

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast