Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FTX Files For Bankruptcy. What will be the effect of this?

Creep got arrested in Bahamas today & apparently hires same lawyer as Maxwell & El Chappo

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSBChairm...38576041889792

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The former CEO of FTX, Sam Bankman, has hired the same attorney that defended Ghislaine Maxwell and El Chapo.

Why hire an attorney that defends sex traffickers and drug lords if you’re not guilty of stealing billions from your customers?

The arrest came just in time to prevent him testifying to Congress.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The arrest came just in time to prevent him testifying to Congress.
    "overbooked" LOL

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1602351776849690627

Congressional testimony is all for show

New CEO will be there spilling the beans to the Democratic lead Commitee

In a few weeks R’s take over the DC show

https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/st...21115770986496

We believe our lying eyes...

Sam Bankman-Fried Arrested In The Bahamas, Charged With Wire/Securities Fraud And Money Laundering
    Tyler Durden's Photo
    by Tyler Durden
    Tuesday, Dec 13, 2022 - 06:11 AM

Update (8:35pm ET): According to the NYT, the charges against SBF which in an indictment which will be unsealed on Tuesday included wire fraud, wire fraud conspiracy, securities fraud, securities fraud conspiracy and money laundering. Of course, SBF should also be charged for talking too damn much and adding 15 years to his sentence by being a megalomaniac sociopath, but we'd take attempted bribery of the entire Democratic Party instead.

A lawyer chimes in, pointing out that according to federal sentencing guidelines, SBF could be looking at approximately 612,000 years in prison.

Binance next?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Sam Bankman-Fried Arrested In The Bahamas, Charged With Wire/Securities Fraud And Money Laundering
    Tyler Durden's Photo
    by Tyler Durden
    Tuesday, Dec 13, 2022 - 06:11 AM

Update (8:35pm ET): According to the NYT, the charges against SBF which in an indictment which will be unsealed on Tuesday included wire fraud, wire fraud conspiracy, securities fraud, securities fraud conspiracy and money laundering. Of course, SBF should also be charged for talking too damn much and adding 15 years to his sentence by being a megalomaniac sociopath, but we'd take attempted bribery of the entire Democratic Party instead.

A lawyer chimes in, pointing out that according to federal sentencing guidelines, SBF could be looking at approximately 612,000 years in prison.
    It's very worth noting that what SBF (and soon others) is being charged with is almost exactly what Ken Griffin and his Citadel stock market empire does on a daily basis and has been doing for many years. The Citadel market maker arm controls (rigs) stock prices for the benefit of Citadel's hedge fund arm (and other hedge funds), which Griffin then uses his hedge fund's profits from the rigging to bribe politicians. In Citadel's latest financial disclosures, Citadel market maker has facilitated the "sale" of $65 BILLION worth of stock, while collecting fees for those "sales", that Citadel has not actually located and delivered to buyer's accounts. In other words, fake shares fill stock broker accounts thanks to Citadel. $65 BILLION sold but never delivered!

SBF is a piker compared to Griffin. Yet Griffin walks free every day while robbing stock market participants blind. SBF looks like merely a Madoff-esque scapegoat to deflect from much, much bigger thefts and fraud perpetrated by even more connected insiders, and also you see the CFTC, SEC, etc all piling on now. On page 1 of this thread I posted how those same orgs were part and parcel to the FTX theft and fraud, so they now have to look like they weren't involved with it and are "doing their jobs", while also drowning out the apparent Ukraine>Dem money laundering operation that will likely never be spoken about officially.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-13-2022 at 05:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

My guess is Bankman is either going to get a slap on the wrist or he'll be Epsteined.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sam Bankman-Fried did not kill himself.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

"I love it when people say that Ayn Rand's villains were too over-the-top and unrealistic." -- Michael Malice

https://twitter.com/RAZ0RFIST/status...89470193197056

repost of page 1 twitter thread detailing all the sordid connections between the FTX/blockchain/regulations players:

https://twitter.com/jagoecapital/sta...30378411618304

-------------------------------------

"The potential hack began around the same time @FTX_Official
    made a tweet about their Chapter 11 filings"
    1500 Bahamas "clients" were allowed to withdraw $100M+ while average investors were locked out of accounts the day before bk was declared.

----------------------------------------
    What no one ever asks is "why was Enron?" "Why was Madoff?" "Why was FTX?"

The answer is simple. They were avenues for money laundering investor's money to build out end result projects. For example, who realizes that the Enron fraud literally built out India's electrical and communications infrastructure? Enron disappears as a paper investment vehicle (a few people allegedly go to Club Fed) and investors are left with nothing.....but the infrastructure built with investor's money remains! India's electrical and coms grid is still there to this day.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-14-2022 at 02:57 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    repost of page 1 twitter thread detailing all the sordid connections between the FTX/blockchain/regulations players:
    Same thread, minus a few distractions:
    https://threadreaderapp.com/user/JagoeCapital

Binance Halts Withdrawals Of USDC Stablecoin, Amid Surge Of Withdrawals

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...f-withdrawals/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gamestop saga and FTX may be interconnected by the use of FTX's "tokenized stocks". (Fair warning, understanding the link contents requires understanding stock market and short selling operations)

https://www.thestreet.com/memestocks...kenized-shares

Bahamian Liquidators Fight To Be Given Access To FTX IT Systems Which Allow Asset Removal

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...asset-removal/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

FTX CTO Wang And Alameda CEO Ellison Plead Guilty and Flip

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ilty-and-flip/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sam Bankman-Fried Likely To Be Transferred To The Same Jail Where Jeffrey Epstein Allegedly Committed Suicide
    https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/sa...pstein-suicide
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sam Bankman-Fried Likely To Be Transferred To The Same Jail Where Jeffrey Epstein Allegedly Committed Suicide
    https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/sa...pstein-suicide
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/...27202466009089
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/...27202466009089
    Apparently the government was willing to accept as bail a brand new crypto-coin that SBF just created yesterday...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FTX Founder Released On $250 Million Bond

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-million-bond/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It gets better. The judge assigned to the SDNY trial is wife of the BlockFi/FTX merger advisory law firm's partner.
    Corruption, conflicts of interest, memory-holing of inconvenient info, ietc continue on.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2022/...-blockfi-deal/

edit on 12-27
    New judge assigned. Even spicier since he's both tied into Trump and Epstein! SDNY sure is a busy district these days.
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/bankma...ng-2022-12-27/

Dec 27 (Reuters) - Sam Bankman-Fried's criminal case over the collapse of his FTX cryptocurrency exchange has been reassigned to a judge recently known for handling defamation lawsuits against former U.S. President Donald Trump and a sexual abuse lawsuit against Britain's Prince Andrew.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-27-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Bahamian Authorities Seized $3.5 Billion In FTX Assets

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...in-ftx-assets/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Disney’s midnight CEO ouster: A tale of corruption, ESG, politics, & possible FTX contagion
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-...-ftx-contagion

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Every time I think this whole FTX thing can't get any more corrupt, at least by appearance of massive conflicts of interest, something new surfaces, thanks to WSOP's research. It's clear that this is being very, very stage managed and the disassembly of FTX is essentially scripted by the same entities that built it.

The law firm that handled most of the legal framework of constructing and ongoing advisory of the FTX empire, including while it was collapsing, was then placed as trustee of the bankruptcy and is being handsomely paid with remaining investor funds! FTX's general counsel previously worked for the firm before moving to FTX.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2023/...y-proceedings/

Yes, despite its intimate role in helping to build the Sam Bankman-Fried house of cards, Sullivan & Cromwell has somehow managed to become in charge of the bankruptcy process of the collapsed firm. According to Bankman-Fried’s draft testimony prepared for a House Financial Services Committee hearing and released by Forbes, “Sullivan & Cromwell was one of the primary external law firms that represented FTX US as well as FTX International” and was calling the shots as the firm collapsed, including picking the new CEO, John Ray. Bankman-Fried was arrested on the day he was scheduled to testify and, thus, did not make it to the hearing to deliver this testimony. much more at link
    Last edited by devil21; 01-08-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast