Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 midterm election results *** OFFICIAL THREAD ***

2022 midterm election results *** OFFICIAL THREAD ***

The Collins has been slacking lately when it comes to the creation of "OFFICIAL THREAD"s, so I thought I would go ahead and create one for reporting and discussing the results of the upcoming 2022 U.S. midterm elections (Tuesday 08 November).

Also, if anyone wants to make any predictions about the outcomes, post them below.

I'll try to collect and track them here, and we'll see who's the best prognosticator.
    (I probably should've thought to set this up a week or so ago, instead of a day or so before, but oh well ...)

Here are the categories:

(1) Predict the final overall ratio of Democrats to Republicans for the US Senate (100 total seats).

US Senate ratio (D vs. R)
    CAUCUS Democrat (D) Republican (R) TOTAL
    INITIAL 48 + 2 (I) 50 100
    CONTESTED 14 + 0 (I) 21 35
    RESULT 48 + 2 (I)
    (+ 0)
    (- 1)
    PENDING 1 1
    GA Warnock (D) vs. Walker (R) runoff: 06 December 2022
    { incumbent | challenger }
    Username Prediction Winner
    Dary + 1 CLOSEST
    helenpaul + 2
    luctor-et-emergo + 3
    spudea 53

(2) Predict the final overall ratio of Democrats to Republicans for the US House (435 total seats).

US House ratio (D vs. R)
    INITIAL 220 212 432
    + 3 vacancies
    CONTESTED ALL ALL 435
    RESULT 209
    (- 11)
    (+ 7)
    PENDING 7 7
    AK-AL Peltola (D) vs. Palin (R) vs. Begich (R)
    CA-6 Bera (D) vs. Hamilton (R)
    CA-13 Gray (D) vs. Duarte (R)
    CA-21 Costa (D) vs. Maher (R)
    CA-22 Salas (D) vs. Valadao (R)
    CA-34 Gomez (D) vs. Kim (D) [non-partisan]
    CO-3 Frisch (D) vs. Boebert (R)
    Dary + 0 CLOSEST
    helenpaul + 39
    luctor-et-emergo + 27
    spudea 240

(3) Predict the final overall ratio of Democrats to Republicans for state governors (50 total seats).

State Governors ratio (D vs. R)
    INITIAL 22 28 50
    CONTESTED 16 20 36
    RESULT 24
    (+ 2)
    (- 3)
    PENDING 1 1
    AK Gara (D) vs. Dunleavy (R) vs. Walker (I)
    helenpaul + 2
    spudea + 1 CLOSEST

(4) Predict the outcomes of individual races
    For bonus points, predict the percent margin of victory.

Individual Races
    RACE Username Prediction Running Tally
    AZ governor:
    Kari Lake (R)
    Katie Hobbs (D) - WINNER
    A Son of Liberty Lake (R) 0 for 1
    AZ senate:
    Blake Masters (R)
    Mark Kelly (D) - WINNER
    A Son of Liberty Masters (R) 0 for 2
    FL governor:
    Ron DeSantis (R) - WINNER
    Charlie Crist (D)
    A Son of Liberty
    DeSantis (R)
    DeSantis (R)
    1 for 3
    1 for 1
    GA governor:
    Brian Kemp (R) - WINNER
    Stacey Abrams (D)
    A Son of Liberty Kemp (R) 2 for 4
    NH senate:
    Don Bolduc (R)
    Maggie Hassan (D) - WINNER
    A Son of LIberty Bolduc (R) 2 for 5
    NV senate:
    Adam Laxalt (R)
    Catherine Cortez Masto (D) - WINNER
    A Son of Liberty Masto (D) 3 for 6
    NY governor:
    Lee Zeldin (R)
    Kathy Hochul (D) - WINNER
    A Son of Liberty Hochul (D) 4 for 7
    PA governor:
    Doug Mastriano (R)
    Josh Shapiro (D) - WINNER
    familydog Shapiro (D) 1 for 1
    PA senate:
    Mehmet Oz (R)
    John Fetterman (D) - WINNER
    A Son of Liberty
    familydog
    Fetterman (D)
    Oz (R)
    5 for 8
    1 for 2
    Final Tally
    A Son of Liberty
    familydog
    1 for 1 (100%)
    5 for 8 (62.5%)
    1 for 2 (50%)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-16-2022 at 10:20 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Governor's races could be epic as well... NY, OR and even WA are within striking distance of republicans.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Illegitimate thread. It did not go through the proper channels.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I predict that Democrats will absolutely election-deny the results of:

GA Governor
    AZ Governor
    FL Governor
    NH Senate
    AZ Senate

I also predict that Republicans will election-deny the results of:

NY Governor
    PA Senate
    NV Senate

I predict that Trump will announce (one way or the other) for 2024 after the results of 2022 are finalized.

This election is in the process of being "fortified". I would not be the least bit surprised to see a "stunning reversal" of the current pro-GOP polling.

My crystal ball is dark.

I think the whole thing is going to ride on the submerged voter angle.

How many people have done just like I have, and deliberately monkey wrenched pollsters when they have contacted me?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I predict that after the dust settles and everything is said and done, nothing much of substance will actually have changed.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I predict that after the dust settles and everything is said and done, nothing much of substance will actually have changed.
    Yeah pretty much this.

Assuming there IS a "red wave" the best I can hope for is that some of the very worst from Biden et al gets stymied.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Governor's races could be epic as well... NY, OR and even WA are within striking distance of republicans.
    but the Dems count the votes.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My prediction for Pennsylvania:

Oz will win a close race and Mastriano will lose a close race. This will be determined after 5-7 days of "counting" votes.

Afterwards, Pennsylvania will continue its slide into California due to its free-for-all voting and smug prick keyboard warrior lolbertarians will tell me that either a) there was no difference between the D and R governor candidate or b) it doesn't matter because neither would advance liberty. Then, they will continue to tell me that the LP has a legitimate shot of winning races here if only enough people would vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Mostly peaceful is strictly reserved for murder by kop.

Nobody really cares about elections, rigged or not, regardless how media tries to whip up a frenzy.

Republicans will harrumph and democrats will wail but that'll be the extent of it.

Last edited by ClaytonB; 11-07-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    My prediction for Pennsylvania:

Oz will win a close race and Mastriano will lose a close race. This will be determined after 5-7 days of "counting" votes.

Afterwards, Pennsylvania will continue its slide into California due to its free-for-all voting and smug prick keyboard warrior lolbertarians will tell me that either a) there was no difference between the D and R governor candidate or b) it doesn't matter because neither would advance liberty. Then, they will continue to tell me that the LP has a legitimate shot of winning races here if only enough people would vote for them.
    The early votes for Pennsylvania is looking blue for now.
    Amusing people are supposedly willing to support a politician who literately has brain damage.

reps +39 in the house
    +2 in the senate and governors

Does anyone have a really good site where i can see all the results nationwide as they come in?

Lets guess the R's gain 3 senate seats, 27 seats in the house and a new dog catcher will probably be elected somewhere.

The Fetterman/Oz race should go for Oz. If you have any kind of sympathy for Fetterman you wouldn't vote for him but give him time to recover. But I'm not sure that will be the case. This is a real tie I think. For all the wrong reasons probably.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    Does anyone have a really good site where i can see all the results nationwide as they come in?
    If any of these are posted, I will add them to the "REAL-TIME SOURCES / LIVE STREAMS / etc." list in the OP.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-07-2022 at 05:02 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    If any of these are posted, I will add them to the "LIVE STREAMS / SOURCES" list in the OP.
    Pretty sure RealClearPolitics has real time results on election day.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pretty sure RealClearPolitics has real time results on election day.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/
    Ya sure but everyone knows most of the ballots come in starting at 2am the next morning and continue coming in for the next 3-10 days
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ya sure but everyone knows most of the ballots come in starting at 2am the next morning and continue coming in for the next 3-10 days
    The dead rush for no man...

Yeah pretty much this.

Assuming there IS a "red wave" the best I can hope for is that some of the very worst from Biden et al gets stymied.

I know you understand this, but for any who may still be on the fence about it:

Elections will not save us. There are no political saviors that are going to come riding over the hill on their gleaming white steeds to pull our fat out of the fire.

If we’re ever to be saved we have to do that ourselves.

We have the power.

We have the necessary numbers.

And yet I look around and can’t help but notice we’re still not free. We’recstill tolerating this bull$#@!.

History and our posterity will not be kind to us.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

DeSantis is going to win. He might even win Miami-Dade, which is a big deal. The rest I have no clue what might happen.

If they do exit polls tomorrow expect the media to say dems are winning everything.

Yeah pretty much this.

My take is that the Democrats and corrupt cronies (including McConnell) pushed through 10 years worth of pork, graft and corruption as fast as they could during the first 2 years of the Biden Admin. They knew the pendulum would swing back hard, and this was their opportunity to loot and pillage as much as they possibly could before losing power.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Final prediction: GOP will take the House and Democrats will cheat to keep the Senate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

1. Senate
    53R
    2. House
    240R
    3. Governor
    +1 R

I don't have high confidence in these numbers, but it is what I've landed on based on the available data. Dems seem even more apocalyptic than 2020 and will cheat.
    Last edited by spudea; 11-08-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I think we too often focus on R vs. D. I'm much more interested in the incumbency reelection number.

In 2020, it was 94.7% in the House and 83.9% in the Senate.
    In 2018, 91% in the House, 84.4% in the Senate.
    In 2016, 96.7% in the House, 93.1% in the Senate.
    https://www.opensecrets.org/election...election-rates

After what our government (both parties) have done to us over the last few years, I'd like to see that number under 80% in both chambers, but I find that incredibly unlikely.

To all the Blue vs. Red people, enjoy your horse race. But this is what I'll be watching.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think we too often focus on R vs. D. I'm much more interested in the incumbency reelection number.

In 2020, it was 94.7% in the House and 83.9% in the Senate.
    In 2018, 91% in the House, 84.4% in the Senate.
    In 2016, 96.7% in the House, 93.1% in the Senate.
    https://www.opensecrets.org/election...election-rates

After what our government (both parties) have done to us over the last few years, I'd like to see that number under 80% in both chambers, but I find that incredibly unlikely.

To all the Blue vs. Red people, enjoy your horse race. But this is what I'll be watching.
    Yes, I agree, throw the rascals out.

But when you find a good one, keep them, always with the goal of reducing government's power and control.

Would liberty be served throwing Paul, Massie and Lee out and replacing them with a clone of Sanders, Cortez and Hirono?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast