Thread: Russia Occupies American Land, Too? Alaskan Is Russian Land.

Thumbs down Russia Occupies American Land, Too? Alaskan Is Russian Land.

The Suspect Media is demanding and making calls for US to demand Wrangel Island to be returned back to US.

The US edition of The WSJ announced that Russia has been usurping "US territory" since 1924, and that the military base on the island represents a threat to "American sovereignty"

Russia Occupies American Land, Too
    The U.S. should reclaim Wrangel Island, which Lenin’s gunboat Red October seized in 1924.
    For the Media to be demanding that US demand should reclaim Wrangel Island reeks nothing but desperation.

Alaska is still a territory that still filled with Russian history and historical places of worship that are still Russian in origin.
    Considering the strange history the state of Alaska.

Which was bought for 7.2 million from a fleeing Russian monarchy.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 11-05-2022 at 03:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Suspect Media is demanding and making calls for US to demand Wrangel Island to be returned back to US.

The US edition of The WSJ announced that Russia has been usurping "US territory" since 1924, and that the military base on the island represents a threat to "American sovereignty"

For the Media to be demanding that US demand should reclaim Wrangel Island reeks nothing but desperation.

Alaska is still a territory that still filled with Russian history and historical places of worship that are still Russian in origin.

We bought it fair and square in the 1800s when it was running a loss for the Tsar. (who was not in any distress other than financial)
    I have no patience for Russophobic propaganda but I won't stand for Ameriphobic propaganda either.
    Alaska is ours.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We bought it fair and square in the 1800s when it was running a loss for the Tsar. (who was not in any distress other than financial)
    I have no patience for Russophobic propaganda but I won't stand for Ameriphobic propaganda either.
    Alaska is ours.
    What the WSJ did with that article is not a news report.
    Its a wonder why the media is seen as a enemy by the people in a new poll.

Wrangel Island was never American or Canadian. It was NOT sold to the U.S. by Russia in the Alaska Purchase, which took place in 1867, rather immediately after the Russian loss in the Crimean War. The Russian monarchy was not in flight of any kind then. The country needed to replenish and defend what it could, so Alaska became expendable, and the fear at the time was not that the U.S. wanted Alaska, but that the British via Canada (which was not even semi-independent or confederated yet) would take Alaska on their own, something they could have easily done at the time. The U.S. was neutral, and Russia was on friendly terms. It preferred the cash and the prospect of an American Alaska over a British one. We can thank the Russians and the neutrality of American leadership at the time. Otherwise, Britain might have taken it, and Alaska would now be part of Canada.

Wrangel island - plainly Russian:

Last edited by Snowball; 11-06-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

It's an island and therefore the US has rights to it. That's how islands work.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's popular for the MSM to "poke the bear" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's an island and therefore the US has rights to it. That's how islands work.
    You can bet, if you owned an island within 100 miles of the U.S. coast, you would be required to pay property taxes to the U.S.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    They have been sh itting on the bear for a few months.

Does seem to be trending a little better of late, Russia bombing Ukraine to lights out status seems to be sobering a few lying, war machinists, up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    All for the sole purpose of starting war with Russia and end all of humanity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    All for the sole purpose of starting war with Russia and end all of humanity.
    Military Industrial Complex plays a large part $$$

"Arm Ukraine" chant from corporate press & Congress is just a LARGE open Purchase Order for them.
    Last edited by vita3; 11-06-2022 at 09:18 PM.

What the WSJ did with that article is not a news report.
    Its a wonder why the media is seen as a enemy by the people in a new poll.
    I didn't say anything about the article.
    I corrected your statements about Alaska.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Wrangel Island was never American or Canadian. It was NOT sold to the U.S. by Russia in the Alaska Purchase, which took place in 1867, rather immediately after the Russian loss in the Crimean War. The Russian monarchy was not in flight of any kind then. The country needed to replenish and defend what it could, so Alaska became expendable, and the fear at the time was not that the U.S. wanted Alaska, but that the British via Canada (which was not even semi-independent or confederated yet) would take Alaska on their own, something they could have easily done at the time. The U.S. was neutral, and Russia was on friendly terms. It preferred the cash and the prospect of an American Alaska over a British one. We can thank the Russians and the neutrality of American leadership at the time. Otherwise, Britain might have taken it, and Alaska would now be part of Canada.

Wrangel island - plainly Russian:

I'd be interested to know the island's status in 1923.
    But if the Soviets did steal it from America in 1924 that is almost 100 years ago and the US clearly forfeited the right to contest it through inaction.
    This is also the worst possible time to be taking up the issue even if it was a good idea some other time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'd be interested to know the island's status in 1923.
    But if the Soviets did steal it from America in 1924 that is almost 100 years ago and the US clearly forfeited the right to contest it through inaction.
    This is also the worst possible time to be taking up the issue even if it was a good idea some other time.
    It has never been anything but Russian and their native peoples. The only reason why it was briefly targeted by the U.S. and Canada - but not seriously - was to take advantage of moments of weakness in Russian government. These were the old days when the world still had unexplored, low/no population places.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch