Thread: Shortest PM term ever, Truss out as UK Prime Minister

Shortest PM term ever, Truss out as UK Prime Minister

Liz Truss Resigns After 6 Weeks on Job

Shortest-Lived U.K. Prime Minister Ever — Just 45 Days

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...minister-ever/

OLIVER JJ LANE 20 Oct 2022

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss has announced she is resigning, having spent just 45 days in post and likely to hand over power after just 52 days.

Key points:

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss has resigned after just 45 days in post
    The last days of her reign have the hallmarks of her having failed to fight off a counter-revolution, or coup, by the globalist, europhile establishment of her party who deeply objected to her pro-border control, low-tax policies
    Her resignation follows the removal of her interior minister and finance minister, both among the most obviously pro-markets, and ‘small-c’ conservative individuals to hold those posts in a generation. Their politics clearly did not align with the pro-globalist, fiscally-orthodox faction taking back control of the party and the government at this moment
    A one-week leadership election will follow, which Westminster insiders believe Boris Johnson’s right-hand-man Rishi Sunak is almost certain to win

The story continues below…

Speaking outside her official London residence and office of 10 Downing Street Thursday afternoon, Liz Truss said because she was unable to deliver the programme she had been elected to — namely reforming the United Kingdom into a low-tax, high-growth economy — she was going to stand down. She said:

…I recognise though given this situation I cannot deliver the mandate on which I was elected by the Conservative party. I have therefore spoken to His Majesty the King to notify him I am resigning as leader of the Conservative Party. This morning I met the Chairman of the 1922 Committee, Sir Graham Brady. We have agreed there will be a leadership election to be completed within the next week.

This will ensure we remain on a path to deliver our fiscal plans to maintain our country’s economic stability and national security. I will remain as Prime Minister until a successor has been chosen. Thank you.

Truss framed her remarks and her brief time in office as having taken place during a time of upheaval, citing Putin’s war in Ukraine and economic instability.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-20-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's being reported now that Boris Johnson might come back.

The last days of her reign have the hallmarks of her having failed to fight off a counter-revolution, or coup, by the globalist, europhile establishment of her party who deeply objected to her pro-border control, low-tax policies
    Why does that sound so familiar?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Bunch of underhanded puffs

No one is coming to save you.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's being reported now that Boris Johnson might come back.
    you think? if i only had some classic 1960s era WILDROOT and a comb, maybe even 50s era hair gel or grease, heck.

htt ps: // www . walmart. com/ip/Wildroot-Original-Hair-Groom-Liquid-8-Fl-Oz/113792918
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-23-2022 at 10:53 AM. Reason: i have always wanted to take a comb to BORIS JOHNSON's hair....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    44 or 45 days? that was quick.... "wow"

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    wow

wow

If only our own government would look at this resignation and do the same.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge