Thread: Haiti on verge of collapse

Smile Haiti on verge of collapse

I mean, when is Haiti NOT in crisis?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Haiti+...22&form=HPNN01

WHAT IS CAUSING THE CRISIS?

The trigger for the current crisis is the blockade of a key fuel terminal by armed gangs that began in September. That has led to shortages of gasoline and diesel and halted most transport, in turn creating shortages of basic goods, including clean water.

WHO ARE THE GANGS LEADING THE BLOCKADE?

The blockade is being led by a coalition of gangs called G9, which controls areas in and around the capital Port-au-Prince. The group's leader, Jimmy "Barbecue" Cherizier, is a former police officer who has been the target of sanctions by the U.S. Treasury Department for his role in a 2018 massacre.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I mean, when is Haiti NOT in crisis?
    Not in my lifetime. At some point you have think maybe this can't be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not in my lifetime. At some point you have think maybe this can't be fixed?
    Most things can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian
    US-backed foreign intervention has led to the disaster in Haiti Guardian
    The view from Haiti is generally different: foreign intervention causes disaster. This idea can be counterintuitive and deeply uncomfortable to Americans, but it has the great virtue of being based on facts. Haiti, after all, was born of the determination of enslaved people to cast off the genocidal yoke of the French, AKA foreign subjugation. It has since suffered numerous invasions and intrusions, including a 19-year occupation by the US, from 1915 to 1934. The US occupation justified itself as being for Haiti’s own good. Its legacies included enriching American elites and laying groundwork for the rise of the Duvalier dictatorship.
    In Haiti, foreign intervention and humanitarian disaster have become so intertwined that it is hard to tell one from the other. They are locked in a vicious cycle. Cholera is a glaring example. Although the UN apologised, it has never repaired its harms, despite numerous class action lawsuits. (These were dismissed in the US on grounds of the UN’s immunity.) The UN launched a $400m trust fund to help cholera victims and improve sanitation infrastructure, as a kind of voluntary reparation, but raised only a pittance of it.
    Last edited by idiom; 10-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Let Cuba have it. Its nearby.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You can definitely blame the Clintons for why Haiti is collapsing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst