Thread: Meloni: "I cannot be blackmailed!" Mussolini supporter is new Senate Leader

Meloni: "I cannot be blackmailed!" Mussolini supporter is new Senate Leader

La Russa - who has Mussolini statue at home - Italy's new Senate head

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other...ad/ar-AA12Ve3Y

La Russa is a party colleague of Giorgia Meloni, who is expected to become prime minister in the next few days, in the radical far-right Brothers of Italy party.

La Russa is a controversial politician, among other things because of his statements on Italy's history and fascism. During the election campaign he claimed that all Italians are "heirs of il Duce," the nickname for Mussolini which means "The Leader."

Far-right collector of fascist memorabilia elected Italian Senate speaker

https://www.timesofisrael.com/far-ri...enate-speaker/

A letter against the new president of the Senate La Russa appeared in front of a headquarters of the Brothers of Italy in Rome. Investigate the police.

Meloni: "Berlusconi's notes? One point is missing: I cannot be blackmailed"

https://www-repubblica-it.translate...._x_tr_pto=wapp

The battle between the Italian right-wing parties to finalize a government pact has intensified in recent hours with the publication of a note in which former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi describes the leader of the Brothers of Italy, Giorgia Meloni, as "arrogant, arrogant and offensive".

Berlusconi had these adjectives written down on a piece of paper during the inaugural session of the Senate, along with a description in which he refers to Meloni as a person who "is not willing to change" and "with whom one does not get along," according to the daily 'La Repubblica'.

"That list was missing a point, that I cannot be blackmailed," Meloni has responded, visibly upset, in statements to the media. In recent days, demands have transpired from the leader of Forza Italia for his party to obtain specific ministries, including Justice.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...is/ar-AA12ZjzX
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no such thing as a political figure that cannot be blackmailed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    In fact if they cannot be blackmailed they do not get elected.

In fact if they cannot be blackmailed they do not get elected.

That may or may not prove to be the case, but she has mafia connections. Blackmail can work both ways.
    Her father was estranged but not because he's mob, because he abandoned the family when she was young..
    he's dead now but there is still a tie.. and both Berlusconi and Salvini are connected if/when they need to be.
    Last edited by Snowball; 10-17-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch