Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69

Thread: Biden Announces Mass Marijuana Pardons And Calls For Cannabis Scheduling Review

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Of course. Because what part of government is working properly right now.

    If government decreed that "the sky is blue" I'd argue, and say it was azure.

    I'm just casting a skeptical eye at this...less than a year ago this government was demanding you take an untested, dangerous "vaccine" or else, for "our health".

    For over a century, "they" would throw you in prison for simple possession of weed.

    Now, almost overnight, they are suddenly passing around the bong?

    Combined with the fact that artificial opioids are killing roughly 100,000 people a year now, the majority of whom "they" would prefer to eliminate anyway.

    Yeah, something's $#@!y...
    I wouldn't say overnight they are passing around the bong or making any radical changes. It's been a very gradual process as various states have legalized medical and recreational use over the past couple of decades. As for the federal government, the review that Biden ordered will probably only end up in medical use being legalized, although a complete descheduling is possible that would basically legalize recreational at the federal level. The federal government already passed a major reform in 2014 btw called the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment, which basically prevents federal law from being enforced to bust up dispensaries and stuff like that. So in that way medical use has already been halfway federally legalized like 8 years ago. All I have seen is the federal government continuing to drag it's feet though for many years, I am not seeing anything drastic happen overnight like I wish it would it and which is long overdue.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    I worried that Nancy won't get her cut on pot imports from the cartels.

    But taking it off scheduled 1 does not mean it will be legal..no matter what there will be some kind of regulation, fee or, fine of some kind making it technically not really legal.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Growing on fed-land/ national park possession/ tribal land-casinos/ military, embassy's etc.
    Which should remain illegal, not because it's marijuana, but because when the cartels grow in the forest, they pollute, they set-up booby traps, they shoot people, etc. All things that are illegal without any marijuana laws.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I worried that Nancy won't get her cut on pot imports from the cartels.

    But taking it off scheduled 1 does not mean it will be legal..no matter what there will be some kind of regulation, fee or, fine of some kind making it technically not really legal.
    The smartest man PedoHitlerJoe knows probably recommended it. And he definitely wants a cut for himself and the big-guy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    How long has he been in government not doing a damn thing about this ?

    Great move but obviously tied to the election.
    Yep, election season pandering. Just like draining the strategic oil reserve right before the election.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Here's a pretty good explanation. I guess the president can't do it directly, but the DEA can and the president has strong influence over the DEA.

    https://crsreports.congress.gov/prod...f/LSB/LSB10655
    Thanks for digging it up. That seems like a very convoluted and almost contradictory finding, though. Mentions "descheduling" and "relaxing enforcement" but at the same time says that prohibition is in the CSA. So, it reads like the DEA, and presumably the DOJ, can choose not to enforce, which is great of course, but that the actual CSA still requires Congressional action to legally and fully deschedule/reschedule. There's never been any precedent for actual USC statute to be changed outside of Congress. Only the administrative decision whether to enforce the statute.

    Having said that, it's all bull$#@! since the entire CSA relies on a twisted interpretation of the interstate commerce clause, where SCOTUS chose a different meaning for "regulate" than was originally intended by the drafters of the amendment. Original intent was "to make regular" (preventing interstate trade wars) but SCOTUS changed it to mean "control" (federal oversight of every aspect).
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  9. #37
    I've never been busted for Pot.

    I still want a Pardon.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  10. #38
    Well, Biden wins the single-issue voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

    We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

    A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    One is too many!

    "Possession" is subjective like everything else in the "Just-Us" system......5 joints is trafficking and sprouted seedlings count as 2.2 pounds, mere presence of a firearm constitutes "Using and carrying to facilitate drug crimes" which of course negates 'simple possession' because the mere presence of a gun equates to violence.

    You'll not ever hear me side with a drug warrior!
    District attorneys and US attorneys are the lowest form of life on the planet bar none.
    Kopsuckery takes many forms, don't be a kopsucker.
    It might help to review https://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...12/subtitle-4/ in it's entirety pay particular attention to https://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...-4/chapter-64/. Of course, I am not suggesting it will make a kopsucker out of you, but rather help you wrap your head around the fact that "soldiers are going to soldier" and that you are on duty 24/7, if they show up, the military reservation ( battle field) is everywhere i.e. the ground they walk on is cursed.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

    How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    It might help to review https://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...12/subtitle-4/ in it's entirety pay particular attention to https://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...-4/chapter-64/. Of course, I am not suggesting it will make a kopsucker out of you, but rather help you wrap your head around the fact that "soldiers are going to soldier" and that you are on duty 24/7, if they show up, the military reservation ( battle field) is everywhere i.e. the ground they walk on is cursed.
    What, pray-tell, does Arkansas law have to do with federal law?

    This thread is about federal law and my comments pertained to that although they could be applied to Arkansas or any other state equally.

    The point I thought I made was that supporting prosecuting attorney(s) is the same kopsuckery as supporting beat kops yet the lawyerly drug warriors are the ones putting people in prison and taking away their rights while having the discretion to set them free. Hence my opinion that there is no lower form of life on the planet than one who would choose to punish his fellow citizen for growing or consuming a plant.

  16. #43
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

  17. #44
    Oh, where to begin...

    Keeping it short, I'm wondering whether this is another Biden reversal from previously held positions. I can easily accept that in centuries past, he railed like a little bitch about the evils of cannabis.

    While I despise getting high, there is no valid justification for criminalizing cannabis, or any other drug. Addicts are going to addict. I'd rather they do it as safely as possible - safely for the rest of us, that is. I don't give a rat's patootie if they kill themselves, but their idiot choices should not lead to harm of others. I also object to "social programs" for such people. I fully support the return of mutual aid societies and would welcome any such organization dedicated to helping dopers get cleanm, and yes, some cannabis users do indeed and in fact become addicted to it. I've known more than a mere few such people, most of whom have ruined their lives on that path. I grant they are a seemingly small minority, but to categorically assert that cannabis is universally harmless is demonstrated bull$#@!.

    Freedom is the solution. It is the ONLY solution. Here, of course, I mean properly structured freedom, which is the liberty to live as one pleases regardless of choices made, so long as one adheres to the stricture against causing harm is others. Do what thou wilt, but bring no unwelcome harm.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    and yes, some cannabis users do indeed and in fact become addicted to it. I've known more than a mere few such people, most of whom have ruined their lives on that path. I grant they are a seemingly small minority, but to categorically assert that cannabis is universally harmless is demonstrated bull$#@!.
    Compared to what? I would contend that this seemingly small minority probably would have become addicted to alcohol or more dangerous drugs, gambling or other vices that would likely have proven to make them worse off than if they had just used cannabis.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  19. #46
    I know lots of people who drink and/or smoke pot most of them are not addicted. I would likely smoke it more if it were legal in my state. It is too much hassle for me to buy it very often right now . I am okay with it the way it is because I a pretty sure I am not an addict. I would grow poppies to make tea with but I don't really need it. Some times my poor old bones hurt and it would be nice to have some....

  20. #47
    The only reason that pot is illegal is because of hemp. Big Corps convinced .Gov to make hemp illegal because it is THE most valuable plant on the earth & is stronger than steel, cotton etc. and can even be used for fuel. Big Corps couldn't have that kind of competition so the gov made hemp illegal (which has NO drug issues) & along side that it's sister plant, marijuana (using it's Mexican name to make the public fear it.).

    No one has ever died from marijuana use. The main thing it does is make you laugh a lot & eat more, and it also helps with depression, etc.

    And, no, I'm not a user- just from Cali where a lot of friends used it.
    There is no spoon.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

    No one has ever died from marijuana use. The main thing it does is make you laugh a lot & eat more, and it also helps with depression, etc.

    And, no, I'm not a user- just from Cali where a lot of friends used it.
    I am.. Have dealt with Depression most of my life.. Tried Big Pharma offering years back.
    Cannabis is the best remedy.. with Chronic Pain relief as a side effect.

    It needs to be rescheduled , to a general Health benefit level.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49

    Thumbs down

    Biden's action is not really a step forward.

    It's a do nothing feel good measure that tricks dumb people into thinking Biden is doing something when he is really doing nothing. In fact this "action" is probably worse than doing nothing for that reason.


    Shame on him.

    If he were serious about it he would be pushing to abolish federal substance laws while issuing pardons for everyone convicted of the same. But he isn't and he is just trying to use victims of the drug war for his own political gain.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No one has ever died from marijuana use.
    Fact check: your mom.


  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

    A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Compared to what? I would contend that this seemingly small minority probably would have become addicted to alcohol or more dangerous drugs, gambling or other vices that would likely have proven to make them worse off than if they had just used cannabis.
    Perhaps so, but that does not render cannabis harmless to the degree advocates claim, and that is all I am saying.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

  27. #53
    Agreed, we are still dealing with a soldier who is disciplining a member of the militia , federal or state. It was not obvious at the start of the journey. Hell most cops I spoke with didn't even realize it or I was not asking the ? right.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

    How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Perhaps so, but that does not render cannabis harmless to the degree advocates claim, and that is all I am saying.
    Non Toxic.

    .
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Non Toxic.
    Anything, quite literally, can be toxic. Consider water toxemia, for example, which can be fatal.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

  30. #56
    Train strike? Postponed, not averted. Student loan cancellation? Shut down by the courts. Number of people in jail only on federal cannabis charges? Zero.

    This administration sure loves talking about all the things it does that do nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

    A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Anything, quite literally, can be toxic. Consider water toxemia, for example, which can be fatal.
    I would not expect you to resort to Silly arguments..
    The plant is not only Non-Toxic,,Stems leaves and seeds,,, it is also an Excellent Food source.

    Habit Forming perhaps.. like Coffee or Tea.
    Less addictive than Nicotine.

    All habits I Enjoy and Give Thanks For.

    The plant was beneficial to humanity is a Dozen ways,,until an Authoritarian with a Racist Stick up his Butt decided otherwise..

    The Damage done by Criminalizing a Gift from God is Incalculable.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I would not expect you to resort to Silly arguments..
    The plant is not only Non-Toxic,,Stems leaves and seeds,,, it is also an Excellent Food source.

    Habit Forming perhaps.. like Coffee or Tea.
    Less addictive than Nicotine.

    All habits I Enjoy and Give Thanks For.

    The plant was beneficial to humanity is a Dozen ways,,until an Authoritarian with a Racist Stick up his Butt decided otherwise..

    The Damage done by Criminalizing a Gift from God is Incalculable.
    Nowhere have I stated nor implied that the plant is generally harmful. But I do not cotton to the self-serving arguments by those who claim it is universally harmless. I've watched people I know put their lives to Davey Jones' locker because of it.

    One size does NOT fit all. OSFA thinking is dangerously cancerous and should be avoided. Some advocates peddle the lie because anything less is felt to weaken the argument in favor of decriminalization. This is a $#@! strategy, if for no other reason than it is untrue and potentially provable as dishonest, which is precisely what is expected of such people by those in "authority". Therefore, acknowledging that it may be harmful to a tiny minority of users is not only truthful, but wise. Bear in mind that the prohibitionists have no authority to ban in the first place, and that is where the arguments against such bans should lie, in large part.

    I am 100% in favor of decriminalizing cannabis in all forms and for all lawful purposes. My position does not include aiding and abetting the perpetuation of lies regarding any possible risks associated with consumption, which includes any habit-forming nature that it may have for some.

    And finally, as proof positive that what you say is not quite wholly correct, I offer myself as the contradiction. If I take a hit off a joint, I quickly become more useless than normal. I cannot read beyond one or two lines on a page, for example, and I mean that very literally. I can barely function.

    QED.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

  34. #59

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Nowhere have I stated nor implied that the plant is generally harmful. But I do not cotton to the self-serving arguments by those who claim it is universally harmless. I've watched people I know put their lives to Davey Jones' locker because of it.

    One size does NOT fit all. OSFA thinking is dangerously cancerous and should be avoided. Some advocates peddle the lie because anything less is felt to weaken the argument in favor of decriminalization. This is a $#@! strategy, if for no other reason than it is untrue and potentially provable as dishonest, which is precisely what is expected of such people by those in "authority". Therefore, acknowledging that it may be harmful to a tiny minority of users is not only truthful, but wise. Bear in mind that the prohibitionists have no authority to ban in the first place, and that is where the arguments against such bans should lie, in large part.

    I am 100% in favor of decriminalizing cannabis in all forms and for all lawful purposes. My position does not include aiding and abetting the perpetuation of lies regarding any possible risks associated with consumption, which includes any habit-forming nature that it may have for some.

    And finally, as proof positive that what you say is not quite wholly correct, I offer myself as the contradiction. If I take a hit off a joint, I quickly become more useless than normal. I cannot read beyond one or two lines on a page, for example, and I mean that very literally. I can barely function.

    QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Compared to what? I would contend that this seemingly small minority probably would have become addicted to alcohol or more dangerous drugs, gambling or other vices that would likely have proven to make them worse off than if they had just used cannabis.
    ..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mass Bill Referred To House to Tax Recreational Cannabis
    By presence in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2015, 06:55 AM
  2. Cannabis Revealed: Why Is Marijuana Illegal? (Video)
    By DamianTV in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 08:11 AM
  3. Calif. GOP announces opposition to cannabis legalization initiative
    By silentshout in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
  4. Bush Pardons Marijuana Dealers and an Income Tax Evader!
    By Knightskye in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
  5. Mass Votes Yes to Decriminalize Cannabis
    By mediahasyou in forum Election 2008
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •