Thread: PA-Senate candidate Fetterman: “I’ve always supported a ban to the assault rifle OWNERSHIP”

PA-Senate candidate Fetterman: “I’ve always supported a ban to the assault rifle OWNERSHIP”

Exclusive Video: Democrat John Fetterman Wants to Ban ‘Ownership’ of Rifles, Not Just Sale

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...not-just-sale/

WENDELL HUSEBØ 3 Oct 2022

Pennsylvania Senate Democrat candidate John Fetterman stated twice in 2022 he supports banning the “ownership” of rifles, videos unearthed by the Republican National Committee and shared exclusively with Breitbart News show.

Fetterman’s call to ban the “ownership” of rifles is striking because the policy statement is a step further than simply banning the sale of rifles, which he has also supported through ending the filibuster.

“I’ve always supported a ban to the assault rifle ownership,” Fetterman stated on April 11th. “We should not have weapons of war in the hands of civilians.”

“I have seen with my own eyes at the scenes in my community what a military grade round does to the human body. And we have no need for civilians to own those kind of weapons,” Fetterman doubled down.

At the same event, exclusive video shows Fetterman wants to eliminate the filibuster to ban open-carry laws. “The truth is if a state that you’re in has open carry laws, there’s nothing that you, as senator, can do directly. That’s the truth,” he claimed. “Some of these states have open carry laws and it’s perfectly legal and a United States senator can’t directly intervene and change that.”

“But what we can do is eliminate the filibuster and pass comprehensive gun reform legislation federally that supersedes and eliminates the option to have open carry,” Fetterman said.

It is not the first time the radical Democrat has advocated for greatly diminishing the right to bear arms. In April 9 video, Fetterman admitted he wanted to element the filibuster to ban the “ownership” of rifles.

“That’s one of the main reasons why I called for the elimination of the filibuster. Eighty to ninety percent of Americans support the elimination — excuse me — banning assault rifle ownership and common sense gun control legislation,” he said.

Fetterman has not always wanted to ban the ownership or sale of rifles. In 2008, when he was a member of former President Barack Obama’s Pennsylvania Sportsmen and Sportswomen for Obama Steering Committee, Fetterman attacked two-time failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for not showing enough support of gun owners right to own rifles.

Fetterman’s drastic change in Second Amendment policy is notable because he is in a heated campaign with Republican Senate candidate Mehmet Oz. Polling shows the race is tight with Fetterman slightly leading.

Fetterman’s most recent gun policy position also appears ironic. In August, a PAC supporting Oz aired an ad slamming Fetterman for pulling a gun a black jogger the Democrat apparently believed was committing a crime.

“I believe I did the right thing but I may have broken the law during the course of it,” Fetterman recounted the incident in the ad.

Fetterman later said he believed pulling a gun was a necessary preventative measure to prevent further crime until the police could arrive on the scene. “So I made that decision at that point to intervene to stop him from going any further until the first responders could arrive,” Fetterman concluded.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's fine, I don't own any weapons.

I am merely renting them from my creator.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He also said that the Eagles are better than the Eagles.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That's fine, I don't own any weapons.

I am merely renting them from my creator.
    Doesn't seem like as if these supposed "elected representatives" arent vowing to keep the constitution protected? they are as if they are trying to change the constitution and some republicans arent doing anything to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Doesn't seem like as if these supposed "elected representatives" arent vowing to keep the constitution protected? they are as if they are trying to change the constitution and some republicans arent doing anything to stop it?
    I don't think the founders ever intended for the 2A to include dangerous weapons.

But your right to own nerf guns shall not be infringed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I will make you hurt.

That's what that $#@! on his arm is covering up.

Fetterman’s most recent gun policy position also appears ironic. In August, a PAC supporting Oz aired an ad slamming Fetterman for pulling a gun a black jogger the Democrat apparently believed was committing a crime.

“I believe I did the right thing but I may have broken the law during the course of it,” Fetterman recounted the incident in the ad.
    https://twitter.com/elaadeliahu/stat...00001989398528
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the lemmings who follow Trump didn't nominate a TV doctor from NJ, beating this guy would have been a slam dunk for any average Republican with some elected pffice experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/elaadeliahu/stat...00001989398528
    Trump said he could do that, and his supporters wouldn't bat an eye. Nice to know these psychos don't give Democrats any more credit--and that they are quite right about them, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I don't think the founders ever intended for the 2A to include dangerous weapons.

But your right to own nerf guns shall not be infringed.
    include dangerous weapons.
    Well hunting weapons are also included as dangerous weapons.

Well hunting weapons are also included as dangerous weapons.
    True, but only as dangerous as necessary to kill deer. The "deer standard" is well-known amongst constitutional and legal scholars.
    - Kim Kardashian

True, but only as dangerous as necessary to kill deer. The "deer standard" is well-known amongst constitutional and legal scholars.
    The only reason they are going after assault weapons is not because of Right Wingers or responsible gun owners...
    They fear a possible civil war or potential backlash agaisnt unpopular polices in the future.

The only reason they are going after assault weapons is not because of Right Wingers or responsible gun owners...
    They fear a possible civil war or potential backlash agaisnt unpopular polices in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If the lemmings who follow Trump didn't nominate a TV doctor from NJ, beating this guy would have been a slam dunk for any average Republican with some elected pffice experience.
    The PA senate primary was a dog's breakfast of $#@!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.