Americans Give No-Confidence Vote to Rigged Two-Party System

@PAF
    @acptulsa
    @Ender
    @CCTelander

Americans Give No-Confidence Vote to Rigged Two-Party System

https://www.thedailybell.com/all-art...-party-system/

By Ben Bartee - September 29, 2022

The 2022 Congressional midterms are around the corner. Based on historical precedent and the state of the union, they should be a slam-dunk for the GOP.

Runaway inflation, brazen warmongering, ongoing COVID hysteria, record-setting crime spikes, and unchecked illegal immigration of the past two years has all been overseen and endorsed by the Democrats who control Congress and the presidency. In a functional two-party system, this would and should guarantee a landslide loss come the 2022 midterms.

But we will likely see no such thing, on account of the undeniable reality that the GOP sucks almost as much as the Democrats because they largely serve the same donor class.

Republicans rarely, if ever, follow through on their campaign pledges. Trump, who won by posturing as an outsider intent on shaking up the system, pledged to #DraintheSwamp:

“I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over him (Ted Cruz). Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton.”
    -Donald Trump on the campaign trail, 2016

Once elected, though, he proceeded to fill his cabinet with the slimiest Swamp creatures he could recruit, like the multiple Goldman Sachs bankers he hired for his staff and cabinet.

————–

Based on the GOP’s fecklessness and obvious corruption, Democrats, in addition to capitalizing on a culture war win in the aftermath of the overturn of Roe vs. Wade, have enjoyed a bump in the polls.

Democratic Congressional candidates, on average, are doing unexpectedly well for an incumbent party holding the presidency in an off-year election cycle.

(Yes, polls are usually wrong, and often immensely so. But the point remains: if the GOP was worth a damn, it would be running the table.)

But don’t conflate their improved polling numbers with actual grassroots enthusiasm.

Amazingly, more than half of Democratic voters (56%) are so dissatisfied with their president that they want Biden gone by 2024. He has a pathetic 39% approval rating.

Biden’s cackling hyena-esque diverse sidekick, Kamala, is received even more coldly, with an icy 37% approval rating.

Sad!

Yet, in spite of those historically terrible numbers – even from members of their own party – the Biden/Kamala duo is somehow still outperforming Trump in most 2024 projections.

Again, with the deluge of disasters, one after another, since dementia-riddled Biden assumed office, the former president should be running away with it in the head-to-head.

—————-

The 2016 election pitted the two most unpopular presidential candidates in recorded history against each other. 2020 wasn’t much different. 2024 will probably be more of the same.

Almost no one — except the most diehard MAGA loyalists and the Blue MAGA K-Hive cult members on the Team Red and Team Blue, respectively — vote for a party. The best they can be asked to do electoral-participation-wise is vote against the other party.

——————

The discontent cuts across partisan lines. A Gallup poll last year found that:

“Sixty-two percent of U.S. adults say the “parties do such a poor job representing the American people that a third party is needed”
    “A record-high 63% of Republicans favor a third party”
    “33% of Americans believe the two major political parties are doing an adequate job representing the public”

Source: Gallup poll

—————–

Nothing changes in the American electoral system because it is actually functional – just not in the self-governance small-d democracy sense of the word.

For the corporate state, the status quo offers the best of both worlds:

On the one hand, since there’s no meaningful difference between the two major parties, it maintains the kind of functional control that typifies a one-party dictatorship.

On the other hand, it maintains the façade of a “democracy” and all of the fake moral authority that lends. Then the US government gets to gallivant across the globe running coups on uncooperative governments under the guise of promoting “human rights” and “our values.”

—————

The reality of the system is that disillusioned have nowhere to turn for relief, and are conditioned to believe that they have no viable alternatives outside of the duopoly – the “lesser of two evils” voting paradigm.

We no longer live in a representative democracy (to the extent that we ever actually did), and the above-cited polling confirms that average Americans are increasingly sick of both factions of the de facto one-party state.

This is functional totalitarianism – North Korea with more Democratic© window-dressing like pluralistic Diversity©.

“Americans are led to feel free through the exercise of meaningless choices. There are only two political parties. There is a reduction of the number of media companies. Banking has been reduced to only a handful of banks. Oil companies. These are important, and you’re given very little choice.

Oh, but the flavor of jellybeans? The flavor of muffins? A bagel? You can get a Pina Colada bagel. We’re given the illusion of choice by the meaningless of choices of trivial things. You know what your freedom of choice in America is? Paper or plastic, buddy?… Pepsi or Coke? Window or Aisle? Smoking or [Nonsmoking]?”
    -George Carlin

——————

Eventually the chickens will come home to roost.

If and when the piper comes for his due, and popular discontent erupts into an uncontrollable fire in the vein of the French Revolution, winning elections will become a secondary concern to politicians, replaced by their primary occupation of keeping their heads attached to their necks.

In any case, let us, to whatever extent possible, separate our political destiny from the corporate state uniparty. Enlist in a parallel society/economy.

“You can vote however the $#@! you want,
    But power still calls all the shots.
    And, believe it or not,
    Even if democracy broke loose,
    They’ll just make the economy scream
    Until we vote responsibly.”
    – Propagandhi, ‘A People’s History Of The World’

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-30-2022 at 06:16 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “33% of Americans believe the two major political parties are doing an adequate job representing the public”
    How are people so resistant to the rather obvious fact that if 67% of them see no reason to vote for either major party, absent electoral cheating (or maybe even in spite of it), they could end the duopoly in a single election?

It's bizarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

The Libertarian Party will save us!

/s

Here's my latest conclusion: the system as it is is rigged and money controls it. You get a lot of money on your side, you can influence things a bit more. You get media outlets on your side, you can influence things a bit more.

Do not underestimate the power of stupidity. Stupid people are all around us and WANT to be taken care of by the government. They WANT to lease out their responsibilities as individuals to another if it means more Disney princesses, Star Wars, Marvel, and Pokemon for 30+ year olds "reeeeeeeee'ing" at "the man" or "the system" they want to replace with proven failed systems.

The U.S. is fundamentally broken right now but I don't necessarily think that means we need to retreat into a hole. Find the people who think *MOST* like you do and join with them. Find commonalities and work with them. Try to get as "off grid" as you can in the background while you do this.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

It's not like we [I] didn't try to warn them: Donald Trump On The Record

Thanks for the mention @Anti Federalist ;-)

- Jan 20, 2021 Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency

President Donald Trump, in one of his last acts as president, revoked his own executive order requiring federal government appointees to sign a pledge to not lobby the agencies in which they worked for five years after leaving the administration.

forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/20/trump-revokes-lobbying-ban-he-signed-at-the-beginning-of-his-presidency/

Years ago I would have been disappointed/happy to know about this, but since then I have realized that all government is slavery; anytime one votes, one is essentially transferring their own power/wealth to others, in hopes that compromises will yield more freedom and money in their own pockets, which simply will never happen.

My hope is that the more those people who were polled think about this, they will come to realize that everything Carlin said in the video is true, and begin to think and act individualists, and work to DEFUND the State/FED.

It is interesting to me that 1. so many folks believe an Article V Con is the answer, which will essentially legalize many things that are currently illegal, and that 2. many folks talk about and support Secession, which will never happen as far as government is concerned - "yes, you are permitted to leave, form your own state(s), good luck and have a good time - just don't forget to file on time". Yet those same folks ridicule and chastise folks like me/us who see past the charade and who are seceding the best that we can on an individual basis.

This has been going on for thousands of years. It Peat and Repeats. Only now it has accelerated because of technology and the ability to travel in a fraction of the time. And yet people still continue to scratch and claw for ways to bind shackles around their own ankles and give up their personal wealth to TPTB - left and right.

I do stay informed about what goes on in the world, but trying to change things on a mass scale is a waste of my personal time and resources. The people who are employed by the MIC/Pharm Complexes want/need their jobs and will never vote themselves out of work. The legal voters in Section 8 demand their Welfare and will sooner kill you than vote against it. To TPTB, one hand feeds the other - give free stuff away, and then buy our products/solutions to fight back. It's a revolving door.

I am now at the point where after working very hard all of my life, it is now time to enjoy what time I have left. I am happier, freer and do what I want. That is what we are all seeking, isn't it? Except I don't ask for permission.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    You get a lot of money on your side, you can influence things a bit more. You get media outlets on your side, you can influence things a bit more.
    You're repeating yourself.

Meloni showed us how to do it. The message is really simple: This anti-liberty cabal in both parties is attacking your families and your wealth. If you don't stop them, no one will.

It's a winning formula that unites the people against the elite. So why wouldn't a politician adopt such a message here?? Well, they're the elite - that's why.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The discontent cuts across partisan lines. A Gallup poll last year found that:

“Sixty-two percent of U.S. adults say the “parties do such a poor job representing the American people that a third party is needed”
    “A record-high 63% of Republicans favor a third party”
    Democracy on the scale of a continent-spanning third of a billion people - encompassing a variety of geographies, demographics, and economies - will not and can not ever be "representative" of anything or anyone except the interests of the people in power and the institutions they have erected (and their various cronies and rent-seeking hangers-on).

No number of political parties (or electoral reforms, or what-have-you) will ever change that simple and necessary fact.

Divided we stand. United we fall.

"A united populace is the ultimate and explicit goal of every totalitarian state." -- Michael Malice

This is functional totalitarianism – North Korea with more Democratic© window-dressing like pluralistic Diversity©.
    "People will say with a straight face that having one choice for Dear Leader is tyranny, but having two is freedom." -- Michael Malice

Or three. Or four. Or ...

/s
    Can ;you show us on the doll where the Libertarian Party touched you?

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Meloni showed us how to do it. The message is really simple: This anti-liberty cabal in both parties is attacking your families and your wealth. If you don't stop them, no one will.

It's a winning formula that unites the people against the elite. So why wouldn't a politician adopt such a message here?? Well, they're the elite - that's why.
    Well that sounds a bit populist which supposedly can only be a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well that sounds a bit populist which supposedly can only be a bad thing.
    Naturally. What could be worse than public servants serving the populace?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Naturally. What could be worse than public servants serving the populace?
    No doubt. Though, I've heard it here as well, which is kind of weird because I consider Ron Paul the most populist candidate in my lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Voting will never, EVER produce freedom. Never.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

/s

Here's my latest conclusion: the system as it is is rigged and money controls it. You get a lot of money on your side, you can influence things a bit more. You get media outlets on your side, you can influence things a bit more.

Do not underestimate the power of stupidity. Stupid people are all around us and WANT to be taken care of by the government. They WANT to lease out their responsibilities as individuals to another if it means more Disney princesses, Star Wars, Marvel, and Pokemon for 30+ year olds "reeeeeeeee'ing" at "the man" or "the system" they want to replace with proven failed systems.

The U.S. is fundamentally broken right now but I don't necessarily think that means we need to retreat into a hole. Find the people who think *MOST* like you do and join with them. Find commonalities and work with them. Try to get as "off grid" as you can in the background while you do this.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

The truth can be hard to swallow, I understand.
    The LP as I've said many times on here and even had conversations with you about, is a club right now of neckbeards who happen to be liberty-oriented. I'll take it, but they have zero power to do anything but issue press releases. When the LP is in power in D.C. or even state capitols and hasn't succumbed to a completely radically "free" society that includes allowing adults to mutilate children, marry animals, or realize that just because a company or institution is "private" they shouldn't be completely unshackled (many examples of the last few years show us why this is a bad thing now, unfortunately it took millions of people being censored through a coordinated campaign of so called "private" companies to prove this to a lot of people), or realize that it's not all about legalizing weed, then maybe we can sit down and have a grown up talk.

I won't go as far as some right wing people calling for a "righteous emperor" (although, would that really be that bad right now or any worse than what we have?), but this whole deal is bunk and our system is trash. Literally, our only viable option is to work within the existing parameters and utilize one of the major parties as a vehicle. There's been limited success but it's more than the LP can show us (Massie, Amash, Paul, Glen Jacobs).

Maybe it's just me changing as I get older and raise my children. I guess priorities do change.

You're repeating yourself.
    Perhaps the points bear repeating to get them to stick. Money and media control the majority. And unless we have a greater share of both, don't expect much change to occur.

Perhaps the points bear repeating to get them to stick. Money and media control the majority. And unless we have a greater share of both, don't expect much change to occur.
    Well, you know, either people have sense enough to get fed up or they don't. If they do, everything changes. If they don't, everything continues to go to hell.

LOL

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The truth can be hard to swallow, I understand.
    The LP as I've said many times on here and even had conversations with you about, is a club right now of neckbeards who happen to be liberty-oriented. I'll take it, but they have zero power to do anything but issue press releases. When the LP is in power in D.C. or even state capitols and hasn't succumbed to a completely radically "free" society that includes allowing adults to mutilate children, marry animals, or realize that just because a company or institution is "private" they shouldn't be completely unshackled (many examples of the last few years show us why this is a bad thing now, unfortunately it took millions of people being censored through a coordinated campaign of so called "private" companies to prove this to a lot of people), or realize that it's not all about legalizing weed, then maybe we can sit down and have a grown up talk.

I won't go as far as some right wing people calling for a "righteous emperor" (although, would that really be that bad right now or any worse than what we have?),
    but this whole deal is bunk and our system is trash. Literally, our only viable option is to work within the existing parameters and utilize one of the major parties as a vehicle. There's been limited success but it's more than the LP can show us (Massie, Amash, Paul, Glen Jacobs).

Maybe it's just me changing as I get older and raise my children. I guess priorities do change.

I have more I’d like to say about this post if I can manage to carve out a few extra minutes before it gets too old, but I couldn’t let this pass another second without being challenged.

The answers to your 2 questions are, yes, it would be “that bad right now,” or at any other time and, yes it would be “worse than what we have,” much worse.

The fact that a member of the so-called “liberty movement” would even seriously ask such questions should be of grave concern. The fact that it went even this long without being challenged even more so.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

See, elections aren't about avoiding being robbed, or protecting your freedom, or about peace and prosperity. They're like football. They're about...

Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I have more I’d like to say about this post if I can manage to carve out a few extra minutes before it gets too old, but I couldn’t let this pass another second without being challenged.

The answers to your 2 questions are, yes, it would be “that bad right now,” or at any other time and, yes it would be “worse than what we have,” much worse.

The fact that a member of the so-called “liberty movement” would even seriously ask such questions should be of grave concern. The fact that it went even this long without being challenged even more so.
    We are being ruled by a pedophile with a quite obvious mental decline issue who was ushered in by a completely contempt [and evil] mainstream media and majority of people who thought an orange man was bad for his mean tweets. This current administration and its allies in the House and Senate have a full-on gestapo working for them and we have political prisoners who still haven't had trials for stepping inside the "sacred halls of Capitol Hill" that were assisted by Capitol Hill police and possible Antifa provocateurs.

We have mentally ill trannies in positions within the government now who are not even close to being qualified. We have a federal government being supportive and in some cases pushing for the mutilation of children.

This administration also threatened the livelihoods of every single working American with their mandatory vaccine requirements that trickled down...

This current administration and its allies are doing everything they can to push for WW III against Russia and China with all of its hostilities.

Our second amendment rights are being attacked more so than they have been in years.

The IRS will have 87,000 newly armed agents soon, not to go after the rich, but the common people like us.

I can go on and on if you'd like me to with more examples of what this current administration (and the previous, but that's not the point at hand right here and now) has done along these same lines.

And you want to sit there and try to lecture me about how the idea of a literal righteous emperor is worse than what we have?

This notion that you would want to call that one thing out and then stand on a pedestal and try and use the "member of the liberty movement" line against me when we have the above things going on in this sham Democracy/Republic is a joke. An utter joke. Perhaps YOU are the problem with the liberty movement.

I am very much at the point that if this idea of a righteous emperor were to come and overthrow our system, gets rid of the mentally ill people in office, ceases the illegal wars and hostilities of our country, and actually instituted and kept a legitimate rule of law based on God, I'd be very happy to part of it vs. what we have now.

So please, continue to enlighten and lecture me about liberty and how great of a thing we currently have is going. Or maybe you're just mad like a couple others on here that I continue to call the LP out for what it is? If so, that's on you if you can't see the truth and I'm not interested in speaking with anyone who will sit there and act like the LP isn't some social club that offers nothing in the way of granting me more liberty. It simply doesn't [at this time and in its current state that won't change soon enough]. If that was part of everything else that was wrong with my post, spare me a response.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 10-05-2022 at 10:07 AM.

See, elections aren't about avoiding being robbed, or protecting your freedom, or about peace and prosperity. They're like football. They're about...

You do realize this is true? I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or not but this is true and this is what the establishment knows: just win and you can do whatever you want while the masses stick their fingers in their noses and watch sportsball and get fat.

And you want to sit there and try to lecture me about how the idea of a literal righteous emperor is worse than what we have?
    What do we do about those two recurring problems? You know the ones I mean. You have to find this unicorn and convince him to go to the trouble of overcoming all those psychos who oppose him. And you have to deal with the fact that he won't live forever, and his offspring will be spoiled brats.