Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: There Is No Such Thing as Limited Government!

  1. #1

    There Is No Such Thing as Limited Government!

    By Gary D. Barnett
    September 29, 2022


    “The only idea they have ever manifested as to what is a government of consent, is this–that it is one to which everybody must consent, or be shot.” ~ Lysander Spooner


    Certain idiocy should be put to rest, if any logic or understanding of real life is ever to be present in the minds of the mass herd. Yes, immediately this seems brutal, but sometimes, stark and unambiguous reality must be forthcoming in order to bring to light truths that are indisputable. The lie that there is such a thing as ‘limited government,’ is one of these bastardizations of ‘thought,’ that qualifies as absolute nonsense.

    Even in its inception, this notion was presented and seeded in the minds of what are called citizens, by the very politicians and wealthy political backers of those politicians, whose singular goal was to create an unlimited federal (national) central governing system, that required all to participate whether they agreed to or not. In fact, not one average citizen from the beginning of this country until today, has ever signed and agreed to any contract (Constitution) requiring any government to exist. To accentuate the absurdity of such a claim that this or any government is limited, the only acceptance of any agreement to create a government was by the political criminals themselves who drew up the blueprint to obtain unlimited power.

    I could site a thousand situations that refute the lie that any ‘limited government’ ever has or could exist, but only one is really necessary; and that is the state’s falsely claimed power to tax. All taxation is criminal and immoral, because it is forceable theft, and taxation is based on taxing all so-called ‘private’ property, and throughout all of society. The very first power given in the first Article of the heinous Constitution; Article 1, Section 8, the ‘Powers Clauses’, is this:

    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;


    This initial power stated, written, and implemented by the political class, with the ‘assumed,’ not written, consent of the governed, gives unlimited taxing power to the federal government. In and of itself, such a pronouncement of power negates freedom entirely, and is overwhelming evidence that the first order of business of the founding tyrants was the unlimited ability to steal by force the property of ‘its’ citizens. There is no limit in this language, and even if there was, it would be worthless because the government retains the power to change it at will with only a majority vote by the few legislators holding power over everyone in the country, in what was ludicrously labeled, a ‘representative republic.’ What poppycock.

    Please refrain from embarrassing yourselves, by claiming that the so-called Amendments to the Constitution, protect you from loss of freedom or the unlimited power of government. These claims are nothing more than strawman arguments, for if the unlimited taxation powers in Article 1 were purposely left intact, as they were, any amendment would be little more than a ruse meant to fool, as contradictory language can always be used in order to achieve any outcome desired by those holding power. One does not have to rely on this single abuse however, because of all the other unlimited powers granted to Congress by the designers of the Constitution. (Thieves and criminals)

    In the same power’s clauses, those in government granted themselves the power:

    To borrow money on the credit of the United States; (no limits)

    To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes; (no limits)

    To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States; (no limits)

    To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures; (no limits)

    To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States; (no limits)

    To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; (no limits) and;

    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof. (Blanket protection of no limits)



    These are not the entirety of the powers given, but should be enough so that even the most obtuse among the crowd, can understand the unlimited nature of what are falsely called the “Laws of the Land,” when in fact, these are only laws against the land and against the people.

    Do not misunderstand my meaning, and my necessary referencing of the horrendous piece of parchment called the Constitution. No government drafted piece of paper is worth two cents, but so many have been duped into believing in it, and that this political monstrosity is anything more than senseless propaganda meant only to fool the people into believing that this is a ‘sacred’ document that protects the natural rights of individuals. It is, of course, just the opposite, but is still thought by many to be religious in nature, and many even believe it was handed down by ‘God.’ How ridiculous a notion is this?

    All government is based purely on force. It has to be, as the only way to rule over others, whether they voluntarily agree or not, is by force of arms or threat of same. This means that all government can do to enforce its decrees is to use violence or threat of violence to do so. If any violence (aggression) is present, freedom is not. It is just that simple, and since all government is based on violence, freedom can never exist in the presence of government.

    More to the point of this essay, is that since government is based on the premise of force, it is always seeking more control, and is therefore, always attempting to become more powerful, which is in direct contradiction to being limited. In fact, government naturally seeks to be unlimited in its quest for power and control, for to not do so, would require its own destruction.

    Freedom is solely based on voluntary action and cooperation. When government is present, there is no voluntary cooperation, regardless of the insanity of voting, which in the ‘best’ case, (which does not exist) simply fools most into believing they have a say, which allows them to authorize theft, control, and force over others. Any attempt to try to find any aspect of life not regulated or controlled by government is almost an impossibility. Force is present everywhere. All mobility is regulated, controlled, ‘government funded,’ or taxed. License laws are completely immoral, but nearly everything in life requires a permission slip from government, whether to work, play, travel, build or own a home, school your children, or an unfathomable number of every other activity attempted in life. Even simple association or not among people is now fully controlled, as is the idiocy of forced diversity, and forced acceptance of thought and voluntary action. The entirety of all medical treatment and procedure is completely controlled by government, and this past three years has seen tyranny in this area that is completely psychotic and belies reason.

    The major problem we face is that most people do not have any legitimate desire to be free, but they want the ‘freedom’ (imagined power) to hire thugs in government to do their criminal bidding for them. It is always easier to be ruled than it is to be free, or defend that freedom. It is always easier to go along than to challenge the system. It is always easier to fit in rather than to question. It is always easier to lobby to gain for yourself by hiring government to steal from others for your benefit, than to be responsible for self. In other words, it is much easier to be a slave, than it is to be free. This mindset of course, has been designed and implanted by the ruling class, but without voluntary acceptance by the masses, freedom could never be compromised.

    Consider who is most at fault for all the world’s ills? Is it the government and its banking and corporate controllers, those murderers and plotters of evil who desire to rule over you? Or is it you? When you watch as ‘your’ government maims and murders millions, and either participate or do nothing to stop it; and in fact, cheer it on, whose fault is it? When you accept tyrannical rule, mandates, lockdowns, and taxation voluntarily, whose fault is it? When your own children are abused, threatened, injected with bio-weapons, and brainwashed and controlled by communist government school systems, whose fault is it? When you cannot decide how to medicate yourself, or what to put into your own body, whose fault is it? When you are told by government trash you are not allowed to say or write what you think, whose fault is it? When you are told you are not allowed to leave your home or travel, and you obey, whose fault is it? When you are told to close your business and destroy your ability to support your family, and you comply, whose fault is it? Think before you answer these few questions, as there are many, many more.

    Think for yourself, act in your own best interest, question everything, trust no government, and at once become a free individual instead of a voluntary slave to the state, in a worthless horde of collective fools and tyrants.


    “Do not imagine that there is any bird more easily caught by decoy, nor any fish sooner fixed on the hook by wormy bait, than are all of these poor fools neatly tricked into servitude by the slightest feather passed before their mouths.”

    ~ Étienne de La Boétie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude



    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/09/...ed-government/
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I'm starting to like this Barnett guy.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm starting to like this Barnett guy.
    I’m speaking to the choir here (you and only a handful of others) but just wanted to mention… It’s always important to keep up with current events, and do what one can do to affect the change that one seeks. But either people don’t care enough and allow things to happen, or they focus their efforts on things that actually empower tptb. I won’t list them out because people either get it, or they don’t.

    Even on RPF it’s like walking around in my town, everybody has opinions, few understand that it begins with the individual and standing firm on the principles of Natural Rights.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I’m speaking to the choir here (you and only a handful of others) but just wanted to mention… It’s always important to keep up with current events, and do what one can do to affect the change that one seeks. But either people don’t care enough and allow things to happen, or they focus their efforts on things that actually empower tptb. I won’t list them out because people either get it, or they don’t.

    Even on RPF it’s like walking around in my town, everybody has opinions, few understand that it begins with the individual and standing firm on the principles of Natural Rights.

    Sometimes it gets really depressing realizing how few people even within the political wing of the so-called "liberty movement" understand this and are doing anything at all that actually advances the cause of liberty. Most of the time, most people, even here, point at those doing some of the most effective and important stuff and accuse them of "doing nothing" because they refuse to vote or participate in some other favorite counter-productive activity. And the worst part is, this is how it's been for at least the last half-century plus that I've been involved.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  6. #5
    “The only idea they have ever manifested as to what is a government of consent, is this–that it is one to which everybody must consent, or be shot. or not be aided” ~ Lysander Spooner

    While I'm not looking up the quote in context, the idea of limited government is not based on force, it's based on mutual protection, and not being required to protect someone else outside of that.

    I once got into a marvelous argument with a self-styled anarchist who was outraged when I said I would not protect him if he was being robbed or murdered if he was not protecting me or us. I/We "owed it" to him. I had no problem with him going his own way and would not rob or murder him, I just wasn't going to let him freeload off the protection a society offered him.

    Ostracization is a powerful concept in a volunteer society that requires no force to use. Indeed, the whole meaning of outlaw is one that is no longer under the law's protection - it requires no prisons or institutes to create in a small society.

    Please note as a teen I would have considered myself an anarchist capitalist. In fact, I briefly became part of the Lod (an 80s hacker group) because of that - it turns out a number of members where putting themselves down as anarchist capitalists and phreakers, etc and we found each other that way.

    But I grew up, and realized that what I meant by anarchist capitalist and what others meant by it were different things (much as I suspect some people are discovering what they mean as libertarian and what others mean by libertarian are different things). The key difference is expecting others to do things for you still "that's moral!" that you aren't doing for them - a freeloading aspect. I mean you should be free to go your own way, not tp expect that people will lay down their lives for you - which every time you intervene in a robbery or murder is - when you don't do the same for others (don't you force me to be part of the mutual protection society!).

    I've always been very big on protecting others. Even many of my earliest memories are protecting one person from another. So that doesn't wash with me. No, I don't *have* to protect you. I protect people by default, real cruds and cowards who don't I may not.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 10-01-2022 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I type ot fast, then edit - woohoo

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Ostracization is a powerful concept in a volunteer society that requires no force to use. Indeed, the whole meaning of outlaw is one that is no longer under the law's protection - it requires no prisons or institutes to create in a small society.
    Another virtue of outlawry is that it is a choice made by the outlaw himself, and is not imposed upon him except as a result of his choice to flout the law.

    If you elect to "secede" from the law, then the law should allow you to do so - without interference, but with a full share of the consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [T]he old tradition of "outlawry" should be reinstitutied. If you are formally accused of any crime, you should be notified of the fact and given the opportunity to participate fully in any proceedings against you. If you elect not to participate, then you may be tried in absentia. If you subsequently fail to submit to and comply with any negative outcome, then you are formally declared to be an "outlaw" and are removed from all protection of the law. Thereafter - and until such a time as you do submit and comply - you may not make any legal pleadings, or seek any legal remedies for any cause - and you may even be robbed, beaten, killed, etc. with full legal (if not moral) impunity for the robbers, beaters, killers, etc. (IOW: If you flout the law, then the law should flout you right back.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Being "outside the law" would not be a desirable state in which to try to exist. [...] Regardless of their crimes, any criminals who chose to submit to the judgment of the law would have it much better, as they would still enjoy the full protection of the law - i.e., they could pursue legal remedies, those who (try to) rob or kill them would be subject to prosecution and punishment, etc. Under old Germanic law, capital punishments (as well as corporal punishments that resulted in permanent maiming or disability) were often prohibited - not out of squeamishness or tender-heartedness, but because it reduced the disincentives for criminals to submit to judgment. (Criminals - and even innocents wrongly convicted - were more willing to submit to the law if they knew they weren't going to be killed or maimed - but for outlaws who refused to submit, it was basically "open season" on their asses.)
    And while we're at it, we should bring back weregild and indenturement as punishments, too.

    Sequestration should be a special measure reserved for serial killers and other incorrigible offenders.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-07-2022 at 02:32 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·



Similar Threads

  1. Limited Government
    By Natural Citizen in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2017, 10:58 AM
  2. Limited Government
    By Gravik in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
  3. Other: Does Dr. Paul favor no government or limited government?
    By Microsecessionist in forum Ron Paul: On the Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 04:04 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
  5. Death Of Limited Government In GOP
    By mport1 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •