Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FL-GA-AL-SC - Hurricane Ian Discussion thread

FL-GA-AL-SC - Hurricane Ian Discussion thread

On Tuesday 27 Sept, at 0900...looks like Tampa might take a wallop.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    25,000 Linemen Ready for Power Outages in Florida

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tages-florida/

HANNAH BLEAU 26 Sep 2022

Thousands of linemen are ready to restore power in Florida as Hurricane Ian approaches the state’s west coast, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced Monday.

Florida, which is under a state of emergency, now has 5,000 Florida National Guardsmen activated ahead of Hurricane Ian’s landfall.

“There may not be direct impacts in all 67 counties, but there may be indirect impacts not just from the storm, but also from people that may be evacuating to other parts of the state,” DeSantis explained.

“So we want to make sure that our communities have the maximum flexibility that they need to be able to respond to the storm in any way that they need to,” he added.

Additionally, DeSantis said they now “have more than 25,000 linemen that are stationed ready to go once the all clear is given and they are given the go ahead to go and get the power back on,” as power outages are expected.

“I think Floridians who are in the path of the storm, if you’re not an evacuation zone and you’re happy with your home, the sturdiness of your home and you’re hunkering down, just be prepared to lose power,” he warned Floridians.

“And depending on the severity of the storm, power outages can be lengthy. It may not just be one day where you’re out of power. So prepare for that, understand that that’s something that’s a possibility,” he said, assuring that officials will work to get the power back on when the all clear is given after the storm.

“The manpower is there. The urgency will be there as well. But just prepare yourself that a storm of this magnitude is going to take power out more than likely,” he added.

Electric cars go.....

None of this would be happening if it wasn't for ultra-MAGA semi-fascists.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...50190199885825
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    None of this would be happening if it wasn't for ultra-MAGA semi-fascists.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...50190199885825
    These people are dangerously insane.

I remember after the devastating 2005 hurricane season, the usual suspects at the time, many of whom are still around running their pie holes, were all screaming about how this was "the new normal", massive storms every year would make life along the Gulf and Atlantic shorelines impossible, as storm after storm destroyed everything along the shore.

"They" predicted TEOTWAWKI.

What really happened?

It was ten years before another major hurricane hit the mainland United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ...looks like Tampa might take a wallop.
    God could also be aiming it at Orlando. You couldn't blame him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    God could also be aiming it at Orlando. You couldn't blame him.
    That deserves a rep.

Well done!

These people are dangerously insane.

I remember after the devastating 2005 hurricane season, the usual suspects at the time, many of whom are still around running their pie holes, were all screaming about how this was "the new normal", massive storms every year would make life along the Gulf and Atlantic shorelines impossible, as storm after storm destroyed everything along the shore.

"They" predicted TEOTWAWKI.

What really happened?

It was ten years before another major hurricane hit the mainland United States.
    Oh. I see. Well, then - it looks like I need to amend my previous statement.

Fixed:
    None of this would be happening if it wasn't for science-denying ultra-MAGA semi-fascists.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Electric cars go.....
    And with three words you negate the need for any further discussion on the topic
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

The Panic began early with this one..

like it was pent up just waiting for an outlet.

1#. storms never do as predicted.

2# it is easily survivable.

Panic will kill you when the storm won't.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Electric cars go.....
    Gas cars don't go with a Shorted Out electrical system..

I have seen this before.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Declared Dead in "Andrew",, Danced in the Eye of "Georges" and "Wilma" and have had my hair Mussed by a few others.

It is highly amusing to read the Chat on the Southernmost Point Livestream.

an odd mix of ignorance, Fear and Panic.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Hey just sayin, I’m just off Siesta Key (Sarasota) on the intercostal in an A flood zone. They sent out evacuation notices. I am staying along with some neighbors. Probably should have bugged out back to Pittsburgh but am here now. Fingers crossed.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

We have been in and out of the cone today. I put up the storm shutters just in case. Looks like it might hit Ft Meyers instead of Tampa as of 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Hey just sayin, I’m just off Siesta Key (Sarasota) on the intercostal in an A flood zone. They sent out evacuation notices. I am staying along with some neighbors. Probably should have bugged out back to Pittsburgh but am here now. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    We have been in and out of the cone today. I put up the storm shutters just in case. Looks like it might hit Ft Meyers instead of Tampa as of 8pm.
    Are you guys vaccinated? ''Coz you shoulda got vaccinated ...

https://twitter.com/MattAgorist/stat...76694696005632

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Keep us posted.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Declared Dead in "Andrew",, Danced in the Eye of "Georges" and "Wilma" and have had my hair Mussed by a few others.

Was offshore in Georges, Ike and Ivan.

Ike kicked my ass...that was touch and go there for about twelve hours.

The Newz is spun up and out of control...almost unwatchable.

It must be scary for people in states like Alabama and North Carolina to have a sudden influx of refugees from the states in the hurricane path who haven’t been properly vetted.

Keep us posted.
    Mostly rain so far. There is a tornado warning right now.

Are you guys vaccinated? ''Coz you shoulda got vaccinated ...

https://twitter.com/MattAgorist/stat...76694696005632
    So, FEMA will be checking vaxx cards, then? If you don't have myocarditis, you can't get any benefit from your tax dollars?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-28-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I texted my 82-year-old uncle in Naples to poke some fun at him
    “Got your windows boarded up? Gas tank topped off? Hoarding food?”
    He responded:
    Thought I'd take a swim first
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    It must be scary for people in states like Alabama and North Carolina to have a sudden influx of refugees from the states in the hurricane path who haven’t been properly vetted.
    It sure was for the people that had the entire population of NOLA land on them after Katrina.

Good Luck
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sure was for the people that had the entire population of NOLA land on them after Katrina.
    They should have gotten a bunch of armed citizens of their states to man the borders and shoot unvetted refugees trying to get into their states from other states.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

So, from the live storm chasers feeds...just a bunch of wind and rain.

They should have gotten a bunch of armed citizens of their states to man the borders and shoot unvetted refugees trying to get into their states from other states.
    In places like coastal MS, that is exactly what they did.

In places like coastal MS, that [gotten a bunch of armed citizens of their states to man the borders and shoot unvetted refugees trying to get into their states from other states] is exactly what they did.
    Got any evidence to support that ridiculous claim?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Got any evidence to support that ridiculous claim?
    I saw it in the Keys ,,in years past..

Locals were Armed..and if you were not recognized,,you were staring down a barrel.

NG units for Curfew had no bullets in their guns.. the locals did.

There was No looting on Big Coppitt Key.
    My Bosses Son ran some off from Big Pine..

Idiot asked "Who are you?",, Robert said "I'm the man with the gun,, get the hell out of here"
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast