Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Press Release We Would Like to Have Seen from the Official Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Press Release We Would Like to Have Seen from the Official Campaign
    [n.b. Bszoka and I drafted this email we would liked to have seen from the official campaign. Thanks to Dan at RonPaulGraphs for the numbers!]

SUBJECT: Thank You!

As the morning comes to a close, I was warmed by another outpouring of your support, and I needed to give a heart-felt thanks. On a cold morning on this day in 1773, two hundred American patriots rose from their beds in Boston. Scarcely aware that their bold act of defiance that day would live on forever as the "Boston Tea Party," these brave Americans sparked a revolution.

You continue to amaze me. Only halfway through the day, you had already raised about $2.2 million and you continue to demonstrate the renewal of that rebellious patriot spirit. At this rate, we're on track to raise about $6.3 million today--even more than on the 5th of November, a day I will never forget. We are setting yet another fundraising record that will again stun everyone, especially the media, in the last critical weeks before the first caucuses and primaries.

So let me just say:

Thank you to each and every one of you who have already contributed--today, on the 5th of November, and on every other day since our campaign began.

Thank you for all of your donations, today, previously and in the time ahead--not only for your money but for giving so much of your time and of yourselves.

Thank you for everything that you're doing for the rEVOLution. I consider myself lucky that you've made me a part of it. Your countless hours of volunteer effort and constant creativity are worth more than gold!

Your enthusiastic support has raised my spirits and the hopes of countless Americans--and people all over the world. Because of you, the freedom message has truly gotten off the ground.

As Ronald Reagan once said, "It's morning again in America." I am suddenly reminded of why I supported him all the way back in 1976 and earlier. It's once again a time for choosing.

Cordially,

Ron Paul

Great message to send to supporters! However, it is not suitable for use as a press release.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedasbach View Post
    Great message to send to supporters! However, it is not suitable for use as a press release.
    Yes, you're right, of course, Steve. That is what Berin and I had in mind.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    I'm not sure of any McCain-Feingold law like that, no, but that doesn't sound right.

Yeah, Berin and I are wondering what it would take to just have someone, anyone, from the campaign just say, "Thank you" for everything we're doing!
    Seems like his campaign staff is not "schooled" in campaign etiquette.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

The only thank you I need will come when he takes a seat in the white house, other then that.. if some really need an "atta boy" well there you go.. atta boy and thank you!

Campaign Thank You?

Nevermind the thank yous...our success is enough thanks.

BUT

I'd like to see them deliver some things we can't...

Brilliant Public Relations & Marketing leveraged by the revolutionary grassroots support we're providing.

Endoresements

Large Donations.

Quote Originally Posted by whutaboutbob View Post
    The only thank you I need will come when he takes a seat in the white house, other then that.. if some really need an "atta boy" well there you go.. atta boy and thank you!

Agreed. Why people are so obsessed with being thanked is beyond me. Let your actions speak for themselves. If recognition is all that you're looking for then your motivations need to be reevaluated.
    "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain." Ron Paul + Iowa = Perfect Match.

Reagan did well because he thanked many people. Other politicians take their supporters for granted and in the end don't do so well.

Then trust that the thanks will come. When has he failed us in these regards? Why expect thanks during the middle of the day when you know Ron Paul is attending a tea party event on his own? The man is busy on the campaign trail. I'd much rather see him out trying to get additional support then watch him stroke the egos of already committed voters.
    "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain." Ron Paul + Iowa = Perfect Match.

Quote Originally Posted by OurLibertiesWePrize View Post
    Agreed. Why people are so obsessed with being thanked is beyond me. Let your actions speak for themselves. If recognition is all that you're looking for then your motivations need to be reevaluated.
    Most of our actions do speak for themselves and I don't think many of our motivations need to be reevaluated either. I think it is the fact that a simple thank you could go a long way towards mitigating the effects of repeatedly being treated rudely and disrespectfully by one's campaign staff. And of some of said's campaign staff's penchants for waiting to address issues until they are in crisis, instead of doing the smallest amount of advance planning to make things go smoothly. It does tend to wear one out, after awhile.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Most of our actions do speak for themselves and I don't think many of our motivations need to be reevaluated either. I think it is the fact that a simple thank you could go a long way towards mitigating the effects of repeatedly being treated rudely and disrespectfully by one's campaign staff. And of some of said's campaign staff's penchants for waiting to address issues until they are in crisis, instead of doing the smallest amount of advance planning to make things go smoothly. It does tend to wear one out, after awhile.
    I see your point, but such are the consequences of having a following as excessively active as Ron Paul supporters. I've been lurking for awhile, and while the passion is definately a good thing it carries its negative attributes as well. Frustration on behalf of the campaign could be due to the several hundred "OMG EVERYONE EMAIL THE CAMPAIGN" threads that I saw yesterday and, to a lesser extent, before.

Doesn't ANYBODY read their email from Ron?

December 17, 2007

What a day! I am humbled and inspired, grateful and thrilled for this vast outpouring of support.

Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    Doesn't ANYBODY read their email from Ron?
    Yes, we've discussed this point. Saying one is grateful is not quite the same as saying "thank you" though. Also, we posted this draft publicly Sunday after sending it to the campaign Saturday--well before the "grateful" comment came out.

Without getting into diagramming sentences or publishing private emails from friends in the official campaign, no, they don't get and the campaign has never simply issued a simple, direct public "thanks" at least since the 5th of November.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12