Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press Release We Would Like to Have Seen from the Official Campaign

Arrow On track for $6.3 million today! Our draft statement from HQ

Statement We Would Like to Have Seen from the Official Campaign
    [n.b. Bszoka and I drafted this email we would liked to have seen from the official campaign. Thanks to Dan at RonPaulGraphs for the numbers!]

SUBJECT: Thank You!

As the morning comes to a close, I was warmed by another outpouring of your support, and I needed to give a heart-felt thanks. On a cold morning on this day in 1773, two hundred American patriots rose from their beds in Boston. Scarcely aware that their bold act of defiance that day would live on forever as the "Boston Tea Party," these brave Americans sparked a revolution.

You continue to amaze me. Only halfway through the day, you had already raised about $2.2 million and you continue to demonstrate the renewal of that rebellious patriot spirit. At this rate, we're on track to raise about $6.3 million today--even more than on the 5th of November, a day I will never forget. We are setting yet another fundraising record that will again stun everyone, especially the media, in the last critical weeks before the first caucuses and primaries.

So let me just say:

Thank you to each and every one of you who have already contributed--today, on the 5th of November, and on every other day since our campaign began.

Thank you for all of your donations, today, previously and in the time ahead--not only for your money but for giving so much of your time and of yourselves.

Thank you for everything that you're doing for the rEVOLution. I consider myself lucky that you've made me a part of it. Your countless hours of volunteer effort and constant creativity are worth more than gold!

Your enthusiastic support has raised my spirits and the hopes of countless Americans--and people all over the world. Because of you, the freedom message has truly gotten off the ground.

As Ronald Reagan once said, "It's morning again in America." I am suddenly reminded of why I supported him all the way back in 1976 and earlier. It's once again a time for choosing.

Cordially,

Ron Paul
    Last edited by Bradley in DC; 12-17-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets PUSH to raise TEN MILLION DOLLARS today! There is NO REASON we cannot!

Fax this to the campaign. If that doesn't work, call them and read it to them verbatim.

They sent out their first email on the 5th around 2:14 EST. Hopefully they do the same this time and its from Dr. Paul himself instead of Bydlak

The campaign can not be involved. It's the law. That's why Ron Paul can not mention the teaparty07 fund raiser.

Even I, who has defended the campaign in the past, has dissapointed me recently. Screwing up small, but important things. (which I wont talk about)

I hope they get their act together. I know the grassroots is challenging them to do better through competition. The unofficial campaign is doing way more than the official campaign.
    Virginia - 8th Congressional District

Want to help Ron Paul in northern virginia? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ron_paul-bot_12413 View Post
    The campaign can not be involved. It's the law. That's why Ron Paul can not mention the teaparty07 fund raiser.
    They can say how much money they've raised today and encourage more people to join in. I believe they did it last time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If the servers really are maxing out their throughput then this isn't the time to do that. I'm not sure that is the case, but it could be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ron_paul-bot_12413 View Post
    Is there anything in the OP that you think would violate any law? Surely saying, "Thank you" isn't illegal now--or has the dreaded McCain-Feingold outlawed that now too!
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Competition:

Who can pick out all of the subtle references in the post?

(citing "gold" doesn't count )
    digg.com/d315eji

bump
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    As Ronald Reagan once said, "It's morning again in America." I am suddenly reminded of why I supported him all the way back in 1976 and earlier. It's once again a time for choosing.
    And it is a time for choosing....

Reagan - A Time For Choosing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvg7lRsCVJ8

Well worth listening to and food for thought to increase todays donation....
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Press Release We Would Like to Have Seen from the Official Campaign
    [n.b. Bszoka and I drafted this email we would liked to have seen from the official campaign. Thanks to Dan at RonPaulGraphs for the numbers!]

SUBJECT: Thank You!

As the morning comes to a close, I was warmed by another outpouring of your support, and I needed to give a heart-felt thanks. On a cold morning on this day in 1773, two hundred American patriots rose from their beds in Boston. Scarcely aware that their bold act of defiance that day would live on forever as the "Boston Tea Party," these brave Americans sparked a revolution.

You continue to amaze me. Only halfway through the day, you had already raised about $2.2 million and you continue to demonstrate the renewal of that rebellious patriot spirit. At this rate, we're on track to raise about $6.3 million today--even more than on the 5th of November, a day I will never forget. We are setting yet another fundraising record that will again stun everyone, especially the media, in the last critical weeks before the first caucuses and primaries.

So let me just say:

Thank you to each and every one of you who have already contributed--today, on the 5th of November, and on every other day since our campaign began.

Thank you for all of your donations, today, previously and in the time ahead--not only for your money but for giving so much of your time and of yourselves.

Thank you for everything that you're doing for the rEVOLution. I consider myself lucky that you've made me a part of it. Your countless hours of volunteer effort and constant creativity are worth more than gold!

Your enthusiastic support has raised my spirits and the hopes of countless Americans--and people all over the world. Because of you, the freedom message has truly gotten off the ground.

Cordially,

Ron Paul
    Very nice. Truly professional.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Very nice Bradley.
    Thank you. Berin gets half the credit too.
    digg.com/d315eji

That is a nicely crafted thank you letter. It would be good to see it go out.

I don't think that there are server issues because the thank you notes show up immediately after donation.

You guys are forgetting something.

Ron Paul would be violating fund raising laws if he even showed even a hint that he's coordinating with the grassroots efforts.

The statement, "We are setting yet another fundraising record that will again stun everyone," is a perfect example of something he absolutely can not say.

We have to remain independent from the official campaign.

Don't be insulted that they aren't sending out emails... it's intentional.

Just got e-mail from HQ, not as clever, but it will do the job.

i think the official campaign may be busy trying to verify all the donaters and the numbers....?

Well Nyte, you'd better tell the campaign's Dir. of Fundraising

December 16, 2007

This day keeps getting more unbelievable! For those of you who might not know yet, today is quickly turning into a spectacular fundraising day for Ron Paul. You've already raised over $3.7 million since midnight!

Over 30,000 of your fellow Americans have made a contribution today, including more than 13,000 who have done so for the first time.

As always, you're helping Ron Paul blow past everyone's expectations and moving Dr. Paul one step closer to President Paul. We're all honored to be a part of this historic campaign. We have nothing but admiration for the support that each of you gives everyday to Ron Paul and the cause of freedom.

How high can we go? Who knows! If you've been considering making a donation to our campaign, please help us shatter every possible fundraising record by donating today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Have fun watching the new graphic on our website: http://www.ronpaul2008.com but don't forget to ask your friends to donate, too!

Jonathan Bydlak
    Fundraising Director
    Ron Paul 2008
    I liked yours better too, Bradley.

a letter went out

but sadly - not the right one and from bydlak and a bit late too . . .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there a letter out from the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyte View Post
    Ron Paul would be violating fund raising laws if he even showed even a hint that he's coordinating with the grassroots efforts.

The statement, "We are setting yet another fundraising record that will again stun everyone," is a perfect example of something he absolutely can not say.
    Um, no. The official campaign coordinates with the grassroots, within the law, a lot: Meetup groups (where Justine is the Meetup Organizers email list moderator), the door-to-door in NH, etc.

The official campaign can certainly, in the context of the draft here, say they are setting a fundraising record. It is a simple, objective fact that is not in any way "coordinating with the grassroots efforts." You don't think the campaign can report how much money they've got in donations?

Your concerns are very well good, I just don't think they're well placed. Berin and I spent a lot of time making sure our draft stayed within limits. He's a lawyer and I have a lot of political and campaign experience.
    digg.com/d315eji

Bradley, I loved your letter. Something struck me though in the letter from the campaign. In all the campaigns I worked (back in the dark ages), the campaign finance person might have asked for the money, but the candidate always thanked the donor; the thank-you did not come from the finance person. That strikes me as really odd. I know precious little about McCain/Feingold, but is that a recent restriction?
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    Bradley, I loved your letter. Something struck me though in the letter from the campaign. In all the campaigns I worked (back in the dark ages), the campaign finance person might have asked for the money, but the candidate always thanked the donor; the thank-you did not come from the finance person. That strikes me as really odd. I know precious little about McCain/Feingold, but is that a recent restriction?
    I'm not sure of any McCain-Feingold law like that, no, but that doesn't sound right.

Yeah, Berin and I are wondering what it would take to just have someone, anyone, from the campaign just say, "Thank you" for everything we're doing!
    digg.com/d315eji

Question

So, will the official campaign ever just say, "Thank you" or even a more colloquial "Thanks" to the real, ie grassroots, campaign?
    digg.com/d315eji

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast