Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Human composting

Here comes the Soylent Green ...

(ETA: It is indicative of the problem that I have no idea whether this is actually a realistic prediction, or just a sarcastic wisecrack.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-22-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How long before this becomes mandatory (or at least actively encouraged by the State via tax breaks, subsidies, etc.)?

And why should there even need to be a law to permit this in the first place?

Oh, wait, of course ...

Under a bill recently passed by New York's state legislature, only cemeteries would be allowed to apply for a license to offer human composting - which the New York State Funeral Directors Association objects to.

[...]

'And we still want to do that with this process. We're not opposed at all to the introduction of these alternative disposition processes, per se. '
    That's why - license fees and monopoly rents. How silly of me not to have realized.

Fixed it for them:

'And we still want to do that with this process. We're not opposed at all to the introduction of these alternative disposition processes, per se - at least, not as long as we are the only ones allowed to legally profit from the process.'
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-22-2022 at 10:43 AM.

There's a lot of vegan types out there so soylent green isn't a long reach..

At least the carnivores are once removed from cannibalism if their food eats the plants grown in human remains.

That should smell good. All bodies should be sent to Martha's Vineyard for this Green New Meal.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

LOL..

Composting Green House Gasses.

Methane.. Nitrogen Oxide etc.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

As long as it isn't immigrant poo-poo, I'm good with it. Ours smells better

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

CA Passes Law Allowing HUMAN COMPOSTING INTO SOIL, People Fear Soylent Green Is About To Become Real
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOf_qlpO6gU

Seriously , how does tis reduce environment impact because I dont think I am able to see that.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You got to pop the lid off and take a shovel to it every couple of weeks to keep it working…

Wonder how many of those human remains will come from people that got the covid vaccine.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Will the compost be required to carry a Prop 65 Cancer warning? How about any food grown in soil to which the compost has been applied?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    for this Green New Meal.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Will the compost be required to carry a Prop 65 Cancer warning? How about any food grown in soil to which the compost has been applied?
    Compost cannot be sold or used for growing food.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seriously , how does tis reduce environment impact because I dont think I am able to see that.
    Evidently the carbon emission footprint is less than cremation. idk. I think it would be easier to just dump remains at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Evidently the carbon emission footprint is less than cremation. idk. I think it would be easier to just dump remains at sea.
    Roughly 3.5 million die per year.

That might be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Roughly 3.5 million die per year.

That might be a problem.
    More food for sea life. Heck, we could make decomp artificial reefs that could restore dying coral ones.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too many bodies (and parts) washing up on beaches.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Most civilized societies Bury their dead.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Like my old man, I'm going to be cremated. From dust to dust... it'll be cheaper on me (I don't want to buy a plot) and my family, and they won't have to waste gas coming to visit me. The money I save on the plot and casket I'll pass down to them. Makes perfect sense, and more civilized.
    Last edited by PAF; 09-23-2022 at 01:38 PM.

It was probably government regulations that put forth the current burial standards.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Most civilized societies Bury their dead.
    It certainly isn't disrespectful. Eliminate the embalming and the bronze casket, and it's eco-friendly as hell, too.

But we can't do that, because...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It was [definitely] government regulations that put forth the current burial standards.
    And their excuse was to eliminate the very sort of risk of epidemic that composting will (not might) make all too real.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-23-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It certainly isn't disrespectful. Eliminate the embalming and the bronze casket, and it's eco-friendly as hell, too.

But we can't do that, because...
    Green Friendly??

They are also Liquefying Human remains.. Flush most of you down a drain.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Grateful dead (or grateful ghost) is both a motif and a group of related folktales present in many cultures throughout the world.

The most common story involves a traveler who encounters a corpse of someone who never received a proper burial, typically stemming from an unpaid debt. The traveler then either pays off the dead person's debt or pays for burial. The traveler is later rewarded or has their life saved by a person or animal who is actually the soul of the dead person; the grateful dead is a form of the donor. The grateful dead spirit may take many different physical forms including that of a guardian angel, animal, or fellow traveler. The traveler's encounter with the deceased comes near the end of the traveler's journey.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Probably a lot of valuable protein that has already paid the CO2 tax going to waste.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably a lot of valuable protein that has already paid the CO2 tax going to waste.

Let me guess that it is okay to eat the bugs that eat the body but not the body. Old people probably make good stew.

Compost cannot be sold or used for growing food yet.
    Fixed.

We can dump them in the Pacific Gyre

I mean ...

Hochul legalizes ‘human composting’ for eco-friendly burials in New York
    https://nypost.com/2022/12/31/hochul...s-in-new-york/
    Dean Balsamini (31 December 2022)

New Yorkers can now be king of the hill, top of the heap.

Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul signed legislation on Saturday to legalize natural organic reduction, better known as “human composting.”

The move makes New York the sixth state in the country to greenlight the eco-friendly burial.

New York state Assembly Member Amy Paulin (D-Westchester) and state Sen. Leroy Comrie (D-Queens), co-sponsored the bill to legalize human composting as part of measures the state is putting in place to eliminate carbon emissions by 2050.

Washington became the first state to legalize human composting in 2019. Colorado and Oregon followed suit in 2021 and Vermont and California in 2022.

The 60-day, chemical-free compost-mortem process involves putting a person’s remains in a “vessel” with organic material such as straw, alfalfa or sawdust. The box is sealed and attached to an HVAC system, and the remains are allowed to decompose. At the 30-day mark, the contents are screened for inorganic material and remaining bone is broken up and put back in. After another 30 days, the contents are returned to the family.

The end result is a heaping cubic yard of nutrient-dense soil amendment, the equivalent of about 36 bags of soil, that can be used to plant trees or enrich conservation land, forests, or gardens.

Washington state eco-friendly funeral service Return Home, which offers “human composting as a death care option,” says it’s gotten “tons of inquiries” from New Yorkers,

“Return Home is incredibly excited about New York’s recent human composting legalization. This is a huge step for accessible green death care nationwide,” Return Home CEO Micah Truman told The Post on Saturday afternoon.

Not everyone is a fan.

The New York State Catholic Conference was not dying for the bill to pass when The Post inquired in the spring.

“Composting and fertilizing may be appropriate for vegetable clippings or eggshells, but not for our mortal remains,” said Dennis Poust, executive director of the New York State Catholic Conference, which represents Cardinal Timothy Dolan and the state’s Catholic bishops in Albany.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast