Thread: SNL sketch: "inflation is our friend" (from 1978)

SNL sketch: "inflation is our friend" (from 1978)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. History repeats itself.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow. History repeats itself.
    Not exactly.

People were laughing at Ackeroyd. Now that people other than comedians are saying that stuff with a straight face, I don't hear anyone laughing.
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not exactly.

People were laughing at Ackeroyd. Now that people other than comedians are saying that stuff with a straight face, I don't hear anyone laughing.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. What was satirical skit then, is a speech for real policy today.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. What was satirical skit then, is a speech for real policy today.
    That's why we call it Clown World.
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa