Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The U.S. Constitution: Pro-Freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    No, actually, it isn’t.

An agreement to VOLUNTARILY cooperate for our mutual defense is the very farthest thing from a government imaginable. For it to become a government a small group of it’s members would have to be given authority to coerce everyone else into or out of certain otherwise allowable behaviors against their will. Since no such thing is necessary or desirable to provide for mutual defense, no government ever need come into being.
    How do you suppose the first governments in the history of mankind ever came into existence? I'm talking about the very first primitive tribal chief with a half dozen ho mo-sapien followers who subjugated their neighbors. Someone had to voluntarily agree to follow him. At least at first. Wait! I know, maybe he had a written Constitution! Damn, that piece of paper. Why didn't others voluntarily agree to come together to defend against this petty tyrant warlord? Maybe they did and accidentally ended up creating tribes themselves. Oops.

If you guys wanna bounce philosophical idealism off each other all day, let's get philosophical.

really RPF: ****sapiens? Ho mo

To be clear, I have no argument against you guys in principle. If the entire world followed this arrangement and understanding, it would be a much better place. The moment one person doesn't, the seed is planted. And that's where the reality that pcosmar describes kinda drops a turd in the think tank.

We probably don't disagree on the basic premise that ultimately it's the duty of the people to decide the best form of government for themselves, if any at all. Any written formal agreement is irrelevant if that foundation doesn't exist. I just think it's silly to be getting mad at a piece of paper, when the people have no desire to uphold it as written, much less resist any form of over-reaching government that, I strongly believe, would ultimately have come into fruition even without the Constitution.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-20-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I understand some of the points that you make, so respectfully we will agree to disagree. I can only speak for myself, and maybe offer an alternative for what might work for others as well. I can tell you that Agorism isn't an overnight lesson. It takes thought, practice and a willingness to weight Risk-versus-Reward which eventually becomes a way of life. For me personally it has worked out tremendously well and I will never go back. Everybody's life is different, with different sets of circumstances. One thing is certain - truth, NAP (unless in self-defense) and a desire to make ones own path should always be promoted and never stifled. What other people choose to do, that's on them.
    Edited to add: why is communism, fascism, statism, always accepted as the norm, even when they are repugnant to society and viscously fought against, yet any talk of Agorism and Voluntarism is always, always, rejected - even by the so-called freedom lovers?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That won't put Gas in the Tank..

You need a Corporation and Supply Chain.

No man is an Island.
    Okay? And?

I put gas in my car every day. Did you think I ride a camel?

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    How do you suppose the first governments in the history of mankind ever came into existence? I'm talking about the very first primitive tribal chief with a half dozen ho mo-sapien followers who subjugated their neighbors. Someone had to voluntarily agree to follow him. At least at first. Wait! I know, maybe he had a written Constitution!

If you guys wanna bounce philosophical idealism off each other all day, let's get philosophical.

really RPF: ****sapiens? Ho mo

My god! When I entered an agreement with my neighbors to keep an eye on each other’s houses and property, and let the owner know if something sketchy is going on, we actually formed a government? $#@! now I’m gonna be paying taxes to my neighborhood watch too?!?

Your obdurate refusal to acknowledge facts doesn’t negate them. Mutual cooperation WITHOUT forming any kind of coercive government is both possible and common in every day life right now.

Government is NOT inevitable, no matter how many times you and others declare it to be.

You may continue to revere and even love your chains. I do not, which is why I continue to work to remove them ... completely.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 09-20-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    All societies need laws because humans are a fallen creature.
    By this very same understanding, we can know something about the nature of the laws all societies need.

They need laws that are authoritative over them. The people governed by the laws cannot simultaneously have authority over those laws. The laws must be transcendent, objective, timeless, and universal. The law that all societies need is strictly justice itself. No manmade laws can add to or take away from this one, already existing, authoritative law of justice. Our relationship with justice can only be one of discovering its laws, not inventing them, just like with the laws of physics, math, and logic. We may not know what the laws of justice are perfectly (just as our knowledge of physics, math, and logic is imperfect), especially when it comes to gray and questionable situations, but we can do our best and approximate them. And our approach to these laws is different when we see them as laws to be discovered and submitted to, and we disabuse ourselves of the notion that we get to just make them up and legislate them.

The expression, "There ought to be a law..." should be removed from our discourse. Whatever said law may be, it either already exists inasmuch as it is just, or it does not already exist. If it does not already exist, then it is unjust and ought not exist.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 09-20-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Government is NOT inevitable, no matter how many times you and other declare it to be.
    Maybe a nit but I'd disagree with that statement.

Government, like crime, is inevitable... but that doesn't mean it's necessary, justified, or ethical.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

My god! When I entered an agreement with my neighbors to keep an eye on each other’s houses and property, and let the owner know if something sketchy is going on, we actually formed a government? $#@! now I’m gonna be paying taxes to my neighborhood watch too?!?

Your obdurate refusal to acknowledge facts doesn’t negate them. Mutual cooperation WITHOUT forming any kind of coercive government is both possible and common in every day life right now.

Government is NOT inevitable, no matter how many times you and other declare it to be.

You may continue to revere and even love your chains. I do not, which is why I continue to work to remove them ... completely.

That's the underlying problem. People are so brainwashed, so incredibly indoctrinated, the reason why the country is the way that it is is because people scratch, claw, clutch and embrace the slave-owners over them. They can't even fathom, let alone entertain, or at least try to imagine life without them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Government, like crime, is inevitable... but that doesn't mean it's necessary, justified, or ethical.

That’s a bit of a fatalistic POV.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I understand some of the points that you make, so respectfully we will agree to disagree. I can only speak for myself, and maybe offer an alternative for what might work for others as well. I can tell you that Agorism isn't an overnight lesson. It takes thought, practice and a willingness to weight Risk-versus-Reward which eventually becomes a way of life. For me personally it has worked out tremendously well and I will never go back. Everybody's life is different, with different sets of circumstances. One thing is certain - truth, NAP (unless in self-defense) and a desire to make ones own path should always be promoted and never stifled. What other people choose to do, that's on them.
    Voluntarists and "agorists" lived by the millions all throughout pre-revolutionary history, before the republics and the democracies.
    Yeomen and Monks and Scholars and Farmers and Merchants all thrived and were more free than we are today. They just didn't have good dentists yet.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

That's the underlying problem. People are so brainwashed, so incredibly indoctrinated, the reason why the country is the way that it is is because people scratch, claw, clutch and embrace the slave-owners over them. They can't even fathom, let alone entertain, or at least try to imagine life without them.

Very true. And until they can and do, they’ll never be free, even if the rest of us are.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

That was surprisingly well said.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Voluntarists and "agorists" lived by the millions all throughout pre-revolutionary history, before the republics and the democracies.
    Yeomen and Monks and Scholars and Farmers and Merchants all thrived and were more free than we are today. They just didn't have good dentists yet.
    LOL ok we agree :-)

So then why dis Agorists so much? Is it that commies and fascists seem like a better, new-and-improved approach? Or fashionably accepted because they are the new black?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That’s a bit of a fatalistic POV.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    So you think because you don't want to form a government, your neighbors won't? the Texan isn't wrong. Governments are inevitable.

And as I said, if everyone agrees with you, it works fine. The moment someone doesn't . . .

That's why I usually don't dedicate much time to these philosophical masturbatory threads, and I feel like I've spent too much of the day involved with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

LOL ok we agree :-)

So then why dis Agorists so much? Is it that commies and fascists seem like a better, new-and-improved approach? Or fashionably accepted because they are the new black?
    Only on the points I made earlier, on the macro level, it is insufficient and I suspect it would lead back to democracy again.
    I do not ascribe to democracy on anything but the local level.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

So you think because you don't want to form a government, your neighbors won't? the Texan isn't wrong. Governments are inevitable.
    Just like communism spreads like cancer... wouldn't it be logical that the more people who would like volunteerism to flourish to embrace it, rather than dis it, so that it would likewise flourish enough that we would have more of an impact?

Or is that completely out of the question because STATISM is the only and preferred way to go.

And as I said, if everyone agrees with you, it works fine. The moment someone doesn't . . .
    Someone willing to use Violence will set new rules.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

That's why I usually don't dedicate much time to these philosophical masturbatory threads, and I feel like I've spent too much of the day involved with this one.

There are simple, practical and effective ways of preventing such outcomes once we get to the point that it becomes necessary.

As far as “philosophical masterbatory threads” go, it seems to me that CONstitutional fantasIes qualify as such as well. The difference is that in real life, where CONstitutions have been tried, they have UNIVERSALLY FAILED, miserably.

In those few instances where some form of statelessness has been tried, it usually works out rather well, until conquered by an outside force.

Modern technology provides ways to prevent that eventuality too, but you’re not really interested in those kinds of “masterbatory” ideas it seems.

Keep on doing that CONstitution fap then. To each his own, I guess.
    Chris

Only on the points I made earlier, on the macro level, it is insufficient and I suspect it would lead back to democracy again.
    I do not ascribe to democracy on anything but the local level.
    Even at the local level I reject it. Are there times that I vote on very local issues? Yes, sometimes. But I make damned sure that I speak to the locals first, which more people ought to do. Not so much to "vote", but rather so that they know the positions they believe they are supporting.

Someone willing to use Violence will set new rules.
    The NAP accounts for that. So? Without .Gov intervention, you'll have a much better chance of standing your ground.

And you still didn't respond to my camel post.
    Last edited by PAF; 09-20-2022 at 03:04 PM.

The NAP accounts for that. So?
    Very few even know what NAP is,, even less actually follow it..

Does NOT apply to an Aggressor.

and I can't afford Camels,,I roll my own.

Apparently you support the Saudi Head-choppers.. and keep filling their Coffers.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-20-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even at the local level I reject it. Are there times that I vote on very local issues? Yes, sometimes. But I make damned sure that I speak to the locals first, which more people ought to do. Not so much to "vote", but rather so that they know the positions they believe they are supporting.
    Yes, I did not mean democracy pertaining to government. I meant on local matters permitted, such as whether to build a dam, or zoning, or a fire department, etc. certain referendums or customs.

Very few even know want NAP is,, even less actually follow it..

Costly, and more than that time consuming - I get my mine at the Indian Res $10/carton - already rolled. As an Agorist, Indians are exempt from taxation on smokes ;-) You're still paying taxes on what you buy.
    Last edited by PAF; 09-20-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Costly, and more than that time consuming - I get my mine at the Indian Res $10/carton - already rolled. As an Agorist, Indians are exempt from taxation on smokes ;-) You're still paying taxes on what you buy.
    I used to get mine delivered from them until the Democratist Representatives said I could not. So, now I RYO.

Yes, I did not mean democracy pertaining to government. I meant on local matters permitted, such as whether to build a dam, or zoning, or a fire department, etc. certain referendums or customs.
    Do you support Eminent Domain, if the private dam happens to be planned on being built on somebody's property but interferes with your view? Just want to know where you stand.

I used to get mine delivered from them until the Democratist Representatives said I could not. So, now I RYO.
    I drive 2-1/2 hours each way. Beautiful view, great rib joint along the way, so I make it a fun trip twice per year. I stock up good, just to avoid Funding the State, as a good Agorist should ;-)

Do you support Eminent Domain, if the private dam happens to be planned on being built on somebody's property but interferes with your view? Just want to know where you stand.
    Well, since there are two parties with obtuse opinions, the matter has to be solved, does it not. The way you describe it, that's not eminent domain.

Well, since there are two parties with obtuse opinions, the matter has to be solved, does it not. The way you describe it, that's not eminent domain.
    Right on

Very few even know what NAP is,, even less actually follow it..

Apparently you support the Saudi Head-choppers.. and keep filling their Coffers.
    It doesn't matter, the NAP accounts for that too, just break into my home and find out how the NAP works ;-)

Saudi Head-choppers - is that a biker gang? Seems you can't quit with the commie thing-a-ma-jig lol

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I pay tax on everything.
    but less than $30 a month.

I think Govt should run from a TIP Jar. and less of it,

The Constitution was that model.. what has been done in the last 200 years,, is a Violation of the Constitution.

and you are judging something that has not been in used at all in the last 100 years.
    It's bad because it was discarded by nefarious individuals working in concert to destroy it.

pretty lame thought process.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It doesn't matter, the NAP accounts for that too, just break into my home and find out how the NAP works ;-)
    I break in ,,You would do Nothing.. Likely already Dead or not present at all..

I come with that intent I will kill first. while you contemplate the NAP.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast