Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida & Texas ship migrant invaders to Martha's Vineyard

Florida & Texas ship migrant invaders to Martha's Vineyard

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ro...rd/ar-AA11QkAR

14 Sept. 2022

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis followed through on his promise to drop off illegal immigrants in progressive states, sending two planes full of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard on Wednesday.

A video DeSantis’ office provided to Fox News Digital shows the migrants deboarding the planes at Martha’s Vineyard Airport in Massachusetts.

"Yes, Florida can confirm the two planes with illegal immigrants that arrived in Martha’s Vineyard today were part of the state’s relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," the governor’s communications director, Taryn Fenske, told Fox News Digital.

"States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country’ by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary states’ and support for the Biden Administration’s open border policies," she said.

"As you may know, in this past legislative session the Florida Legislature appropriated $12 million to implement a program to facilitate the transport of illegal immigrants from this state consistent with federal law," she added.

The office of Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker did not respond to an after-hours inquiry from Fox News Digital.

Fox News Digital reported in April that Florida’s budget since-approved by the State Legislature included $12 million for the Florida Department of Transportation to remove illegal immigrants from the state and relocate them.

Meanwhile, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, began sending thousands of illegal immigrants to Washington, D.C., in April as the migrant crisis overwhelmed border states. In August, buses from Texas started heading to New York City and Chicago. Arizona has also sent buses to Washington.

Vice President Kamala Harris, was put in charge of tackling the border crisis by President Biden shortly after they assumed office in 2021, sparked a firestorm this week after she twice declared the U.S. southern border is "secure," while administration officials estimate an average of 55,000 so-called "gotaways" each month, or illegals who successfully make it into the country without being detained.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-14-2022 at 06:14 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice! The sanctuary vineyard. Do any of them know how to pick grapes?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I dunno why but wouldnt the liberals just use them as illegal voters and win more elections? why not just keep em at the border ready for deportation when their cases are heard?

Not a fan of this tactic, you are just giving em what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I dunno why but wouldnt the liberals just use them as illegal voters and win more elections? why not just keep em at the border ready for deportation when their cases are heard?

This is a valid point, but I have to say the upsides of hypocrisy exposure and forcing the elites to live with the consequences of their policies outweigh that concern.

Besides, this is Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts.

You could not get a more leftist voting bloc no matter if you imported half of Cuba
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-14-2022 at 07:14 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

What they want in Martha's Vineyard? Are you serious?

How many lawn services do you think they have?

This is a brilliant troll. What do you mean NIMBY? Weren't you the ones who declared your back yards sanctuaries? Don't tell me that was just empty virtue signalling...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-14-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Desantis is really owning the libs right now.
    It is only $8.50 for a ferry ride from Martha's Vineyard to the mainland also it only takes 45 minutes.

https://mytreehouselodge.com/blog/woods-hole-ferry/

Should have sent them over the border where they belong. Better yet we should end all incentives so that these illegals have no reason to come here.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Should have sent them over the border where they belong. Better yet we should end all incentives so that these illegals have no reason to come here.
    We like to tell ourselves that, but it is just not the case.

This is one of the few issues that Ron got wrong, especially in today's climate.

The people coming across the border by the millions are not coming to get free hand outs and Obama phones.

Take a close look...most of them have that already.

They are being weaponized by Marxist agitators supported by NGOs from around the world, to "march right in and take back what the gringo stole from your ancestors."

That's where Ron has it wrong: you could end every single government handout, and they would still be invading by the millions, regardless.

The government goody bag is just a lagniappe.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What they want in Martha's Vineyard? Are you serious?

How many lawn services do you think they have?

This is a brilliant troll. What do you mean NIMBY? Weren't you the ones who declared your back yards sanctuaries? Don't tell me that was just empty virtue signalling...
    No, they wont stay in Martha's vineyard for long, they will leave to neighbouring cities in no time but they have now been transported to the interior far away from the border which is something most illegals want.

The better approach would be to use the money designated for chartering those private jets to build holding centers to keep the illegals from getting to their destination. The more they come, the bigger the centers.

These people will be voting in no time and best believe they wouldn't be voting for DeSantis or ppl like him. This move will backfire on the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Desantis is really owning the libs right now.
    It is only $8.50 for a ferry ride from Martha's Vineyard to the mainland also it only takes 45 minutes.

https://mytreehouselodge.com/blog/woods-hole-ferry/
    Exactly, they just got a free private jet ride to the mainland america courtesy of Desantis

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is a valid point, but I have to say the upsides of hypocrisy exposure and forcing the elites to live with the consequences of their policies outweigh that concern.

Besides, this is Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts.

You could not get a more leftist voting bloc no matter if you imported half of Cuba
    Yea, its is funny watching em whine about illegals being dumped in their state. But the dems wouldn't vote these guys out, if anything it will give em more power and funding needed to take care of the new problems.

We like to tell ourselves that, but it is just not the case.

This is one of the few issues that Ron got wrong, especially in today's climate.

The people coming across the border by the millions are not coming to get free hand outs and Obama phones.

Take a close look...most of them have that already.

They are being weaponized by Marxist agitators supported by NGOs from around the world, to "march right in and take back what the gringo stole from your ancestors."

That's where Ron has it wrong: you could end every single government handout, and they would still be invading by the millions, regardless.

The government goody bag is just a lagniappe.
    One day on lunch break we were all joking around. We got to talking about current news stories. Then two of my Mexican coworkers just started trashing the United States. I don't remember the exact context, but it was something along the lines of the degeneracy in our country. These guys are actually pretty based. Then an Anglo coworker said, "if you guys hate it so much then why do you all move here?" Then it got serious all of the sudden and one of the Mexican guys said ,"because there are no jobs in Mexico." This isn't the first time I've heard this statement made.

As far as the Marxist agitators. I've never met reconquista types, but then again I've only dealt with working class type people. It might be different dealing with college professor types.

Every once in a while I'll turn on the TV and watch Univision news with Jorge Ramos. I don't speak fluent Spanish, but I'm always trying to learn via audiobooks and other resources. I also turn on subtitles in Spanish and this helps me understand more of what is going on. From what I can ascertain of Univision News it is extremely left leaning.

I like DeSantis but I don't like this. I have sympathy for the illegals. Dumping them on the vinyard which is not equipped to deal with them is a cruel. Bussing them from Florida to major northeast cities like NY and Boston where they are wanted, where there are facilites to deal with them is fine. This isn't. These are real people, not pawns.

You assume that these consequences will entail more costs than benefits. I doubt that's the case.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Exactly, they just got a free private jet ride to the mainland america courtesy of Desantis
    Florida isn't mainland America? He's not flying them up from the Honduras.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I like DeSantis but I don't like this. I have sympathy for the illegals. Dumping them on the vinyard which is not equipped to deal with them is a cruel. Bussing them from Florida to major northeast cities like NY and Boston where they are wanted, where there are facilites to deal with them is fine. This isn't. These are real people, not pawns.
    Ah, but they are pawns. All DeSantis is really doing here is converting them from blue pawns to red pawns.

Furthermore, I think most of them know they're being used as pawns the moment they choose to join these organized and well funded caravan operations. They obviously see potential benefits from allowing that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Vineyard is very small and its property is generational blue-blooded. There is no chance any of these migrants stay there.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As far as the Marxist agitators. I've never met reconquista types, but then again I've only dealt with working class type people.
    The same is true of all of us, including the usual suspects here who are terrified of the reconquista types.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

As far as the Marxist agitators. I've never met reconquista types, but then again I've only dealt with working class type people. It might be different dealing with college professor types.
    I have, but they are all college educated (Hispanic) Americans.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They are not wanted anywhere. New York and Boston don't want them.

Not even the average Democrat voters thought Biden would refuse to enforce any border with Mexico.

Oh well.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1570447226887114752

Yes, they should do what they have been doing for 40 years that hasn't worked instead of trying something different.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1570447226887114752
    It is impossible to bus them to Martha's Vinyard. It's actually going to be hard to even get these people off the island. The ferries are booked up months in advance in tourist season. This is a tiny island off the coast of cape cod. Know who is going to have to deal with this? It's not the elite summer people. It will be the normal working class people that live there year round. It was a stupid stunt and I don't like it. Send them to the big cities if you want, I think that is fine.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It is impossible to bus them to Martha's Vinyard. It's actually going to be hard to even get these people off the island. The ferries are booked up months in advance in tourist season. This is a tiny island off the coast of cape cod. Know who is going to have to deal with this? It's not the elite summer people. It will be the normal working class people that live there year round. It was a stupid stunt and I don't like it. Send them to the big cities if you want, I think that is fine.
    The normal working class people? The ones who pay $650k for a 2b/1ba shack that looks like it needs to be torn down?

Looks like it's mostly rich people to me.

https://www.zillow.com/marthas-viney...oom%22%3A13%7D

The people who live there are the ones who fund this BS and don't have to live with any of the consequences. It's time they do.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My heart bleeds for the residents of Martha's Vineyard. And how will the "normal working class people" suffer because of this?

And yes, many of us do know that it is an island. It's the thought that counts.

My response to catturd:

"Well, you'll need to put them on a ferry too, but otherwise, good idea."
    https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1570453229556895746

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yes, they should do what they have been doing for 40 years that hasn't worked instead of trying something different.
    I hear you but how long do you think these migrants are going to stay in Martha's vineyard? My bet is that they are all out of there by now and now free to travel to whereever they want. Just because you are trying something different doesn't mean it will work. We have been treating cance with chemo and radiation for decades now but changing tactic and using whisky instead isn't going to help. It actually makes it worse.

This is my point

It's all kabuki theater though.

I would have just crucified them along the border as a grim warning to future would-be tresspassers. Yeah, yeah, I know that's not very libertarian, but that is why you guys must ensure that there is never a government powerful enough to make something like that happen.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Tell that to Soros and Catholic charities and all the rest of the Marxist motherfuckers that are weaponizing them against us.

Grow a spine.

I hear you but how long do you think these migrants are going to stay in Martha's vineyard? My bet is that they are all out of there by now and now free to travel to whereever they want. Just because you are trying something different doesn't mean it will work. We have been treating cance with chemo and radiation for decades now but changing tactic and using whisky instead isn't going to help. It actually makes it worse.

This is my point
    This is not "treatment".

Treatment is doing what @Philhelm recommended.

They can $#@! off to anywhere they want in the country just as easily from El Paso.

Let the $#@! limousine Marxists have to deal with them, if even for a day.

That's 100 less invaders the people of Florida have to worry about feeding, housing, clothing and keeping out of trouble.

They've been injecting invaders into small working class towns all across New England and the rest of the country, for years now, openly announcing the reason for that being that these towns are "too white".

There are no normal working class people on the Vineyard any more.

I agree with CatTurd...send 'em 100,000 more.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast