Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 College Football Thread

2022 College Football Thread

I'm sure everyone is predicting teams like Alabama or Ohio State to win the championship this year. Those would be the safe picks. I don't like to play it safe.

I'm a Nebraska fan so I pick the Cornhuskers to win it all. Sure Nebraska lost last week to Northwestern in Ireland, but you learn more from a loss than a win.

Tomorrow Nebraska plays North Dakota a FCS school. North Dakota is no joke, but we win and gain some confidence. The Missouri Valley Conference is legit.

The following week we play Georgia Southern a Sun Belt Conference team. Another win actually easier game than North Dakota.

Our first huge test is the Oklahoma game. This game will be the location of the Big Noon Kickoff Show on Fox. Nebraska wins this game and people start believing.

From there we jump back into Big 10 play and momentum takes over. Victory after victory Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota.

Then we go to Ann Arbor and beat Michigan. The following week we beat Wisconsin.

The last game of the season we play Iowa and win breaking a seven year losing streak.

Nebraska the goes to the Big 10 Championship and gets a quality win.

Nebraska then gets into the playoff as a one loss team. The establishment hates on us as always. No one takes us seriously and they regret it because we become National Champions. Scott Frost is named AP College Coach of the Year.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nebraska beats North Dakota and one step closer to National Championship.

Nebraska can definitely make a bowl because they played 2 1-AA games and those now count and they play in West and dodge OSU, psu and MSU.

But they look awful. They limped in against a 1-AA team. I think Georgia would beat them 142-0. They look even worse than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Nebraska can definitely make a bowl because they played 2 1-AA games and those now count and they play in West and dodge OSU, psu and MSU.

But they look awful. They limped in against a 1-AA team. I think Georgia would beat them 142-0. They look even worse than last year.
    Nebraska only plays a single "1-AA" team this year: North Dakota. It isn't called 1-AA anymore it is called Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). Georgia Southern is a FBS school in The Sunbelt Conference.

Yeah our schedule is really easy this year. The only hard games are Oklahoma, Michigan, and Wisconsin. And those teams are actually beatable. I was putting it on pretty think in my original post. I know Nebraska isn't very good, but neither are most of the teams we play. I know I'm in the minority, but it is actually kind of fun when your team is terrible, zero expectations.

Let's switch it up a bit and talk FCS football. The North Dakota State Bison in particular. I can honestly say they would go into the Mid Ameican Conference (MAC), Conference USA, and the Sunbelt Conference and dominate.

North Dakota State will be playing the Arizona Wildcats on September 17. Last year Arizona won one game and before the season started they were projected as the Pac-12's worst team. They did beat San Diego State yesterday. I looking forward to seeing the points spread on this game. Regardless I'm taking North Dakoa State.

It is early but I did notice that was a great effort from the Notre Dame defense. Looking at the Big Ten at this moment I'd rank Nebraska as the lowest team in the Conf. Northwestern has beaten them , they are not as good as Minnesota , Purdue , Wisconsin , they wont have an Off line , Def Line or RB as good as Illinois. They are not as good as Ohio St , Mich , Mich St , wont have Kickers ,WR's or Def backs as good as Indiana , May not beat a team as good as the one Rutgers just beat , not as well rounded as Penn St and may not be able to macth the offensive explosiveness and speed of Maryland, wont have a defense as good as Iowa.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-04-2022 at 08:41 PM.
    Do something Danke

Oregon was of course over ranked as usual. Top four teams still look to be Georgia , Alabama , Ohio St and Notre Dame so far . Of course teams like A & M , Mich , OK, Baylor , Ok St , Mich St , Pitt , Wisc , Arkansas , Ky , Ole Miss and Wake have opportunity and will try to move up the ranks .
    Do something Danke

Number 9 Indian Territory only 6 point favorites over nebraska Omahas so far in week 3.. The Omahas moved to Nebraska from the area of My Great Wabash River in the 1600's , about the same time the Kansa moved to Kansas from My Ohio River Valley. Before 1700 the Iowa also lived there.During the time of te Lewis & Clark expedition the Missouri lived just South of the Platte River. As we look around te Big Ten upcoming this weekend , the Illini are 5 point favorites over Virginia in what I think should be a good game , the Iowas are 4 point favorites , michhigan state 35 point favorites , maryland 28 point favorites , purdue favored , michigan 51 point favorites , wisconsin 17 point favorites , Hoosiers favored in attempt to move to 2-0 and back to a bowl game after an absence last season , Northwestern favored by 10 , Ohio St havored by 44 , Minnesota favored , Rutgers favored and Penn St favored by 25
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-05-2022 at 12:35 PM.
    Do something Danke

Tonight we have clemson ( who I havnt mentioned yet , for good reason ) and Georgia Tech . Last Sept Clemson won this game at home 14 -8 agaonst a Ga Tech team who won three games that season. They beat Kennesaw St , North Carolina and a four point road win over Duke on Oct 09 before losing out 6 consecutive games including the last two 45 - 0 loss to Georgia and 55 - 0 loss to Notre Dame.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nfl season coming soon . Noticed the Colts were 9 point favorites . That is bold for a team who has lost 8 consecutive openers.
    Do something Danke

NCAA footbal coming up in week two , games that could be good , UTSA - Army , Duke - Northwestern , SC -Arkansas , Wake - Vandy , Tenn - Pitt , Virginia - Ill , Ky - Fla . , BYU - Baylor . Notice no mention of nebraska., clemson or oregon.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-05-2022 at 06:41 PM.
    Do something Danke

At halftime clemson has outgained a team by five yards that could easily go winless this season ( 135 to 140). Ga Tech trails by 11 due to beating themselves only with missd FG , blocked punt near own end zone and an interception.
    Do something Danke

Those North Dakota teams should play outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

No matter what appens te last 8 1/2 minutes , Alabama is clearly not as good right now as Georgia , Oh St . They went scoreless for 2 1/2 quarters at texas with the only offensive spark in the prior 3 1/2 quarters an 81 yard TD run in first quarter. NC squeaks past Georgia State , Army - UTSA a great game , Wake Rolls , Duke upsets North western by 8, Bama gets a fg with 10 seconds remaining to slide by unranked Texas 20 - 19.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-10-2022 at 01:43 PM.
    Do something Danke

Louisville , Boise St , Penn St , Minn ,Miami ,Arkansas and Ohio St all winners. Probably a big win by Louisvill that has been struggling .
    Do something Danke

Big wins today by Ky , Indiana , Marshall , Appalachia . Texas Tech , Wash St and Tenn .
    Do something Danke

Nebraska has an uphill battle. The last 2 loss team to win national championship was 2007 LSU Tigers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ky has a chance to move into top 10. Best teams above them at this point look to be Georgia , Oh St , Mich , Ok , Mich St . Otherwise they look as good or better than thhe rest. Nebraska coach probably ought to be cleaning his desk out tomorrow , not sure they win any big ten games either way
    Do something Danke

Then there are other teams with potential , Wake , Ole Miss , Tenn , Penn St , Minn ,Purdue etc . Baylor playing now . Nebraska is 1 -2 , rest of big ten is 21 - 5
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-11-2022 at 12:04 AM.
    Do something Danke

Scott Frost is gone. Instead of paying $7.5 million October first we have to pay hom $15 million on his contract buyout.
    https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/sc...ntract-buyout/

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Scott Frost is gone. Instead of paying $7.5 million October first we have to pay hom $15 million on his contract buyout.
    If they plan on using the rest of the coaching staff , the offense and defense they have they shouldve waited and saved the 7 1/2 million.
    Do something Danke

If they plan on using the rest of the coaching staff , the offense and defense they have they shouldve waited and saved the 7 1/2 million.
    Do something Danke

Fla St tonight at Louisville I think, then Wyoming - Air Force
    Do something Danke

Louisville leading 21 - 14 with 5 1/2 to half
    Do something Danke

Close to hitting rock bottom in real life. I'm a total loser I mean look at the threads I start on here. So when you hit rock bottom you can only go up right? So why not make a massive parlay bet!
    Here are my picks feel free to trash me. I know I'm in last place in the NFL pick thread. I'm used to betting against spreads.

I'm picking all the favorites
    UCLA -15.5 over Southern Alabama
    Iowa State -18.5 over Ohio
    Appalachian State -13 over Troy
    North Dakota State -1 over Arizona
    Arkansas -24 over Missouri State

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I took Indian Territory to cover the spread and they did . Most importantly my Hoosiers scored 20 4th qtr and OT points to win in OT today to move to 3 - 0.
    Do something Danke

Close to hitting rock bottom in real life. I'm a total loser I mean look at the threads I start on here. So when you hit rock bottom you can only go up right? So why not make a massive parlay bet!
    Here are my picks feel free to trash me. I know I'm in last place in the NFL pick thread. I'm used to betting against spreads.

I'm picking all the favorites
    UCLA -15.5 over Southern Alabama
    Iowa State -18.5 over Ohio
    Appalachian State -13 over Troy
    North Dakota State -1 over Arizona
    Arkansas -24 over Missouri State
    I;m thinking Troy and South Alabama are looking like they have a good chance to cover.
    Do something Danke

Nebraska lost big time today. No 3 loss team has ever won a national championship. Right now I'm hoping for the Music City Bowl.

Army Rolls
    Do something Danke

Liberty - Wake a pretty good game
    Do something Danke

Big wins today for Ball St , Penn St , Kansas , Tulane , Army , Notre Dame , Indiana .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast