Thread: How long for recovery from COVID?

How long for recovery from COVID?

For those who had COVID, how long did it take for you to recover and test negative?

I'm in my late 30s and I just got COVID for the first time last Sunday 8/21 and I am still testing positive with an at home kit. I started the first few days having fever, headache, fatigue. I feel ok now, though I don't yet feel normal. Still tired at times and have a cough and sinus issues, and I don't have a good appetite as my smell and taste are off and I don't feel like eating much. I've been taking supplements, tylenol, and ivermectin and occasionally drinking tea.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who tests? Healthy people test positive all the time. Those things are overpriced coin flips.

It's a cold. Drink orange juice. Get your vitamin C. An expectorate (that's a particular type of cough syrup, read the label) will help that chest congestion clear out. Don't forget it's a cold, and don't listen to those who claim otherwise. Chicken soup is delicious.

About ten days for a cold. More if you don't do what humans learned decades and centuries ago to do about a cold, less if you do.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-28-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I had the 2-week variant in 2020, and haven't been sick with any variant since.

Started back in the hospital working last month. From the patient's I'm seeing, most people are over it in a few days now, if they show symptoms at all. Still have a few 'long variant' cases out there but not nearly like it was. Your biggest threat is not the virus but potential pneumonia so just keep moving even if it sucks. Wouldn't worry too much about the test.

Your best bet is the remedies you're using. add Vit C and D, zinc, quercetin.

Welcome to the antibody club.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Who tests? Healthy people test positive all the time. Those things are overpriced coin flips.

It's a cold. Drink orange juice. Get your vitamin C. An expectorate (that's a particular type of cough syrup, read the label) will help that chest congestion clear out. Don't forget it's a cold, and don't listen to those who claim otherwise. Chicken soup is delicious.

About ten days for a cold. More if you don't do what humans learned decades and centuries ago to do about a cold, less if you do.
    I'm on day 9 since I first tested positive and got sick. I'm still taking some vitamins and ivermectin. I have to test negative to come back to work. I'm trying to figure out how best to clear this covid and get a negative result.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I had the 2-week variant in 2020, and haven't been sick with any variant since.

Started back in the hospital working last month. From the patient's I'm seeing, most people are over it in a few days now, if they show symptoms at all. Still have a few 'long variant' cases out there but not nearly like it was. Your biggest threat is not the virus but potential pneumonia so just keep moving even if it sucks. Wouldn't worry too much about the test.

Your best bet is the remedies you're using. add Vit C and D, zinc, quercetin.

Welcome to the antibody club.
    I haven't had the pneumonia, I've pretty much recovered from the sick aspect of it last week. I had 3 days of fever and headache. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel more normal than before. I'll continue to take these remedies. I'm on day 9 now and I'm unvaccinated.

Do you see same results from the unvaccinated at the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    I'm on day 9 since I first tested positive and got sick. I'm still taking some vitamins and ivermectin. I have to test negative to come back to work. I'm trying to figure out how best to clear this covid and get a negative result.
    Even some of the most vocal advocates of Ivermectin are saying that it may not be effective against the latest variant. Kind of expected, as the virus will mutate to get around treatments.

I had the first version of Covid in early 2020, and it was super mild. Completely over it in 5 days.

I recently had the latest variant. I tested positive for 13 days. Still have had some lingering symptoms over a month later. Pretty brutal, like a bad flu.

Most businesses say that if you have recovered and it has been ten days since you first came down with it, you can go back to work even if you still test positive. The testing is useless for prevention anyway. People have symptoms and are contagious for days before they test positive. And then people can test positive when they are no longer contagious.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I haven't had the pneumonia, I've pretty much recovered from the sick aspect of it last week. I had 3 days of fever and headache. I still don't feel 100%, but I feel more normal than before. I'll continue to take these remedies. I'm on day 9 now and I'm unvaccinated.

Do you see same results from the unvaccinated at the hospital?
    Seeing more vaccinated than unvaccinated with COVID now, so it's not really easy to compare. I would say overall the severity of COVID symptoms has dropped significantly. Less respiratory stuff and just general muscle fatigue and fever, regardless of vaccination status.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Changes in smell and taste can last a long time after you recover. You can also continue to test positive after you've recovered and are no longer contagious. It sounds like you're just about over it.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Even some of the most vocal advocates of Ivermectin are saying that it may not be effective against the latest variant. Kind of expected, as the virus will mutate to get around treatments.

I had the first version of Covid in early 2020, and it was super mild. Completely over it in 5 days.

I recently had the latest variant. I tested positive for 13 days. Still have had some lingering symptoms over a month later. Pretty brutal, like a bad flu.

Most businesses say that if you have recovered and it has been ten days since you first came down with it, you can go back to work even if you still test positive. The testing is useless for prevention anyway. People have symptoms and are contagious for days before they test positive. And then people can test positive when they are no longer contagious.
    Thanks for your feedback. 13 days is almost the full 14 that people were in quarantine for back in 2020. I think I'm on day 10 since I first tested positive. I currently have a lingering cough and occasionally I feel unwell during the day and fatigue. I also don't have a normal appetite yet and my taste and smell have been different. I haven't had other sick symptoms since last week when I initially got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Changes in smell and taste can last a long time after you recover. You can also continue to test positive after you've recovered and are no longer contagious. It sounds like you're just about over it.
    I hope I'm over it or at least no contagious or a danger to anyone around me regardless of my positive status.

Just wanted to give an update. I got a doctor's note to return to work last week aug 31 with a mask despite being positive. I ended up testing negative on 9/2.

I was having fatigue issues last week and still may have some now. I also have a lingering cough and post nasal drip. Sometimes I don't feel good, but overall I'm feeling better.

Just wanted to give an update. I got a doctor's note to return to work last week aug 31 with a mask despite being positive. I ended up testing negative on 9/2.

I was having fatigue issues last week and still may have some now. I also have a lingering cough and post nasal drip. Sometimes I don't feel good, but overall I'm feeling better.
    You will feel better after a week or so i know some had it for a few weeks and laid it off in the bed, they felt better after a few weeks or so.
    No issues after that.

Tested positive for covid on October 11th. Monday night(October 10th) at work I felt sick all of the sudden body aches to the point where I could barely walk. I'm lucky all I have are body aches with fever and chills. Brain fog is also an issue at one point I even asked myself why didn't you get vaccinated.

I had a minor headache and some congestion this morning. Pretty sure it was long covid
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I remember getting sick for a week before COVID even had a name.