• Dairy products

2 40.00%
  • Nothing

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do you eat raw food?

Do you eat raw food?

Do you eat ?

I like raw things... I like to make steak tartare, I love oysters and I eat a lot of sushi. For me all of these things do need to be of reasonable quality in order to accept eating them raw, but I've never been sick from anything either.

My question is, how many of you eat these things ?

Edit: I realise I $#@!ed up, could a mod please add: "Nothing" as an option? As well as add "Dairy products" as an option ?

Reason for this is that I think raw milk has been popular, but I'm wondering if anything else raw made it...
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 08-23-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people in America are malnourished and starving. Thank god that science, government, and education got involved in educating people regarding diet years ago. All it takes to see the positive effects of that campaign is to watch an old Bob Barker Price is Right show and look at the physique of the contestants then and compare that to today's society.

It is wonderful to live in a world with so many experts that take the communities best interests to heart.

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

If society says raw food is not good for you, I need to start eating it.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 08-23-2022 at 02:20 PM.

I sometimes eat raw vegetables. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Edit: I realise I $#@!ed up, could a mod please add: "Nothing" as an option? As well as add "Dairy products" as an option ?

Reason for this is that I think raw milk has been popular, but I'm wondering if anything else raw made it...
    I've modified the poll as requested.

I also changed the thread title from "Do you eat ?" to "Do you eat raw food?" (otherwise, the "Nothing" option seems strange).

Perhaps "no raw foods" would be better than "nothing". (But what about vegetables? They are often eaten raw.)

EDIT: And bugs? What about raw bugs?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-23-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I've modified the poll as requested.

I also changed the thread title from "Do you eat ?" to "Do you eat raw food?" (otherwise, the "Nothing" option seems strange).

Perhaps "no raw foods" would be better than "nothing". (But what about vegetables? They are often eaten raw.)
    Well, I think vegetables are outside of the scope. I think we can define this as, products that are sometimes deemed unsafe to consume raw by modern standards ? I think we know what that approximately means. I just want to gage how comfortable my overseas friends are in eating all these raw (animal) products.

Oh and, thank you very much for the very swift correction of my mistake .
    "I am a bird"

I have now answered my own poll.

I will also eat raw deer and other things people convince me are safe to eat. I've eaten so many things considered 'dangerous' to eat by modern society, of all of these categories.. I've been sick from food, but none of the things on this list really...
    "I am a bird"

I've eaten the beating heart of a live cobra.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I've eaten the beating heart of a live cobra.
    Oh, you've been to Asia?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Oh, you've been to Asia?
    No, is that popular in Asia?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well, I think vegetables are outside of the scope. I think we can define this as, products that are sometimes deemed unsafe to consume raw by modern standards ? I think we know what that approximately means. I just want to gage how comfortable my overseas friends are in eating all these raw (animal) products.

Oh and, thank you very much for the very swift correction of my mistake .
    Other than vegetables, I have eaten raw eggs in smoothies and probably other things. High quality, rare steak seared for 1 minute each side is close. Not sure if any cheeses, yogurts, kefir, etc. might fit the bill.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No, is that popular in Asia?
    Yep. Live food, brought to the table, butchered and eaten (essentially alive) at the table.

I cook my meat, oysters are the exception but I haven't eaten any in the last decade.

Unpasteurized milk/dairy isn't a problem other than obtaining it so the majority of my dairy consumption is pasteurized.

Hell I even cook 90+% of the veggies I eat.

There is no food that I eat that is eaten raw.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Other than vegetables, I have eaten raw eggs in smoothies and probably other things. High quality, rare steak seared for 1 minute each side is close. Not sure if any cheeses, yogurts, kefir, etc. might fit the bill.
    Here it's only legal for farmers to make cheese with raw milk if they do it on their own farm. You cannot set up a cheese making shop and make cheese with raw milk. Because; IDK but something to do with danger. But it's definitely more common to eat cheeses that were made with raw milk, I think most people won't even know the difference. Apart from the cheese having actual taste... With meats you really have different texture as well.
    "I am a bird"