Thread: Alex Jones Abandons Trump for DeSantis: ‘Way Better Than Trump’

Alex Jones Abandons Trump for DeSantis: ‘Way Better Than Trump’

Alex Jones Abandons Trump for DeSantis: ‘Way Better Than Trump’

Mediaite
    Aug 17th, 2022

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones hopped off the Donald Trump train on Wednesday and announced he’d support a presidential run by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) in 2024.

Jones has been one of Trump’s most ardent supporters over the years.

Jones said he “pig-headedly supported [Trump] a few years ago, even though I disagreed with his Warp Speed.” The InfoWars host was referring to Trump’s efforts to develop a Covid-19 vaccine in 2020. Jones is strongly against the vaccine.

For his part, DeSantis appointed a surgeon general named Joseph Ladapo, who has made public statements calling into question the vaccine’s effectiveness.

“I thought that we had to keep him in office because of the nightmare scenario if Hillary or Biden got in,” Jones continued. “With that said, I am supporting DeSantis. DeSantis has just gone from being awesome to being unbelievably good. And I don’t just watch a man’s actions, as Christ said. Judge a tree by its fruits. I can also look in his eyes on HD video and I see the real sincerity.”

Jones also stated, “This is what Trump should be like. And I’ve been hammering this point, and he’s doing it now. And we have someone that is better than Trump. Way better than Trump.”

The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can also look in his eyes on HD video and I see the real sincerity.
    Oh, well. If Alex Jones can detect real sincerely even though the wifi, who can argue with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Jones said he “pig-headedly supported [Trump] a few years ago, even though I disagreed with his Warp Speed.”
    How can that be? Didn't he detect real sincerely through the TV tube in 2016 as well?
    We believe our lying eyes...

That's one way to discredit DeSantis...

"I can also look in his eyes on HD video and I see the real sincerity.”
    Not that I took AJ seriously before this. But how does someone who has followed politics for very long keep a straight face and say something like this?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Not that I took AJ seriously before this. But how does someone who has followed politics for very long keep a straight face and say something like this?
    Because he sold out. Just like some people on this forum sold out

That's why I've always disliked AJ. He has ability and the staff to do simple, kindergarten research, but doesn't, and leads people down these ridiculous paths. And his fan-base follows him.

Ron DeSantis On The Record

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    [H]ow does someone who has followed politics for very long keep a straight face and say something like this?
    Well, he's a "performance artist" who is "playing a character", after all.

So I guess the real question is: How does someone who has followed Alex Jones for very long keep a straight face when he says something like this?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps -- but perhaps "they" just haven't sank their teeth into DeSantis as deeply or early as they did Trump...
    So be on the lookout, because DeSantis is vulnerable to exploitation by the Lobby.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I agree that DeSantis is better than Trump. He is the strongest candidate in the USA right now.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I'll start paying attention to DeSantis when he takes a stand aginst the income tax and the Federal Reserve Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Perhaps -- but perhaps "they" just haven't sank their teeth into DeSantis as deeply or early as they did Trump...
    So be on the lookout, because DeSantis is vulnerable to exploitation by the Lobby.
    Probably because DeSantis isn't likely to be running in 2024. He'll still be halfway through another term as FL governor.

1) Leaving a governor's office to assume a presidency will most likely be seen as ambitious and self-serving
    2) He's loved in the state of FL and not-so-much in certain states around the country (which ironically people leave from to move to Florida because they secretly like DeSantis but they can't let their rabid liberal friends know)
    3) I don't think the FL GOP has given much thought into who would replace him as governor at this time
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Jones must not be aware that DeSantis isn't going to come out and denounce the vaccines as unsafe and dangerous.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Jones must not be aware that DeSantis isn't going to come out and denounce the vaccines as unsafe and dangerous.
    Pretty damn close though:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Ron DeSantis Wins the Coveted David Frum Endorsement – The Acceptable Republican Presidential Candidate

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ial-candidate/

DeSantis is starting to attract the wrong friends.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron DeSantis Wins the Coveted David Frum Endorsement – The Acceptable Republican Presidential Candidate

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ial-candidate/

DeSantis is starting to attract the wrong friends.
    It happens to them all. Ron is already kosher.

On May 31, 2019, in News Releases, by Staff. Tallahassee, Fla. - Today, Governor Ron DeSantis officially signed CS/CS/HB 741: Anti-Semitism into law following a ceremonial bill signing earlier this week in Jerusalem.
    https://www.flgov.com/2019/05/31/gov...-cs-cs-hb-741/

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree, Trump needs to admit he was wrong about the mRNA jab. He was lead to believe by getting this jab out fast, the economy would get back to what it was prior to the Fauci/China virus.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I agree, Trump needs to admit he was wrong about the mRNA jab. He was lead to believe by getting this jab out fast, the economy would get back to what it was prior to the Fauci/China virus.
    Still in love with the guy.

Walk back why? He did it and caused the problem.

Trump, Businessman, owns companies, sits on executive board meetings, hires/fires personnel, deals with contracts all of the time. He has had at least 3 separate meetings with Gates himself. Aside from Government-Has-No-business-in-Healthcare Period, do you think they didn't talk about stocks and investments, big pharm profits and ROI?

It's not only the mRNA and funding this crap on the tax payer dime which is a No-No itself, he started yet another Federal Agency which a great big No-No to any legitimate "R".

And if Trump is that stupid to make those "mistakes" and should or needs to walk them back, well then the flip-side to that is that he isn't capable to lead this nation.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'll start paying attention to DeSantis when he takes a stand aginst the income tax and the Federal Reserve Bank.
    I'm sure it's coming....in 2 weeks! Trust the new plan!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

For what it's worth, looks like Alex Jones is more on the Trump Train again:

-hxxps://www.mediamatters.org/infowars/discussing-2024-primary-alex-jones-hints-supporting-trump-over-desantis

Yeah this is from Media Matters, a liberal freakout site but they're just posting what he said and honestly it was the first thing I found when I tried to search for an update out of curiosity.

And despite being an insufferable idiot in general, he brings up an extremely good point here. The elites are behind DeSantis. They know they're getting what they want in return.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.