Thread: WATCH – Ron DeSantis Speaks at Turning Point USA ‘Unite and Win’ Rally

Exclamation WATCH – Ron DeSantis Speaks at Turning Point USA ‘Unite and Win’ Rally

WATCH – Ron DeSantis Speaks at Turning Point USA ‘Unite and Win’ Rally
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...and-win-rally/

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More division.

Instead of explaining to democrats and republicans alike, that tax dollars are taken and given to the corporations, and that corporations should stand/fall on their own, saving ALL people tremendous tax dollars. And by explaining that corporations lobby government both left and right, which has a lot to do with unjust laws and mandates.

Etc.

BTW, did he mention that he himself took federal dollars to institute government run clinics across the state?
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    More division.

Instead of explaining to democrats and republicans alike, that tax dollars are taken and given to the corporations, and that corporations should stand/fall on their own, saving ALL people tremendous tax dollars. And by explaining that corporations lobby government both left and right, which has a lot to do with unjust laws and mandates.

Etc.

BTW, did he mention that he himself took federal dollars to institute government run clinics across the state?
    If you are looking for someone perfect, you'll have to keep looking, but I don't think you'll find anyone--especially in this day and age.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If you are looking for someone perfect, you'll have to keep looking, but I don't think you'll find anyone--especially in this day and age.
    Massie is perfect. The only thing I don't like about him is, if we cloned him we'd have to wait thirty years to elect the clones to the Senate.

More division.
    Thanks for taking the hit for the team. Three hours, the first thirty minutes of which was a countdown to the actual beginning of the content?

Ouch.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2022 at 10:05 AM.
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Massie is perfect. The only thing I don't like about him is, if we cloned him we'd have to wait thirty years to elect the cloned to the Senate.
    Massie is by no means perfect, but he gets a plus, for being a man who holds his moral values based on Liberty and the Constitution.
    Last edited by donnay; 08-15-2022 at 10:06 AM.

I love partisans. First it's like, if you don't like my fav charismatic corporate welfare queen, you're just so picky you'll die waiting for your unicorn. Then it's like, the only thing the House has that one could mistake for Ron Paul by his voting record is "by no means perfect".

Massie is by no means perfect, but he gets a plus, for being a man who holds his moral values are based on Liberty and the Constitution.
    But being the only member of that body who has read the Constitution scores him "a plus". Gee, that's sweet.

Is he a celebrity? Have I seen his face and heard his name a thousand times? Is his suit Italian? Does his hairdo look like it cost $600? So many people are so dedicated to the very best ways to pick the very worst candidates.

Have we figured out how we got in this mess yet?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa

Rumble version:

Gov. Ron DeSantis Full Speech - Unite and Win Rally in AZ August 14, 2022

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Which the FDA stopped supplying because he was making them look bad by being more successful than the clot shot, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Which the FDA stopped supplying because he was making them look bad by being more successful than the clot shot, IIRC.
    Ask yourself if Ron Paul or Tom Massie, or even I, would have done that. Or is that "too pure"?
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

Ask yourself if Ron Paul or Tom Massie, or even I, would have done that. Or is that "too pure"?
    Well, Ron Paul voted to give Red China most favored nation status. And I didn't agree with that AT ALL. But, I did take the time to call his office to get his explanation. I still didn't agree with it. But I also knew that no one is perfect.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

All I'm saying is that the FDA didn't want people to have any alternative treatment to a vaccine that doesn't work. Everyone was wasting federal dollars that year, but while most were wasting them on a vaccine that doesn't work, some were spending them on monoclonal antibodies that actually showed promise, until someone bought the right FDA bureaucrat to pull it from market.

I had two friends who had COVID. One got monoclonal antibodies right before they stopped the clinic here in middle GA, the other got COVID right after the FDA made them stop, and didn't do near as well. Fortunately both lived, but after seeing the difference in their recovery I'm a firm believer in these clinics. And those are just a few cases of many that I've heard about.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-16-2022 at 06:30 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Well, Ron Paul voted to give Red China most favored nation status. And I didn't agree with that AT ALL. But, I did take the time to call his office to get his explanation. I still didn't agree with it. But I also knew that no one is perfect.
    Free Trade is just that - Free Trade. Nobody, not even government, has the right to tell me who I should, could or otherwise trade, sell or buy from. This is one of the areas dems and repubs can't get through their thick skulls. Here's what they DO know: "if you can't compete, conquer".

An Agorist Primer

All I'm saying is that the FDA didn't want people to have any alternative treatment to a vaccine that doesn't work. Everyone was wasting federal dollars that year, but while most were wasting them on a vaccine that doesn't work, some were spending them on monoclonal antibodies that actually showed promise, until someone bought the right FDA bureaucrat to pull it from market.
    I understand your reasoning. The point that I am trying to make is, Government Has No Business in Healthcare period. That is up to the individual and their personal/private physician.

Further, people who keep promoting "monoclonal antibodies", or other, as a viable alternative, you have no idea what preexisting conditions or medications other individual people may be on, and it could be life threatening. Again, that is up to you and your personal/private physician to discuss behind closed doors.

An Agorist Primer

I had two friends who had COVID. One got monoclonal antibodies right before they stopped the clinic here in middle GA, the other got COVID right after the FDA made them stop, and didn't do near as well. Fortunately both lived, but after seeing the difference in their recovery I'm a firm believer in these clinics. And those are just a few cases of many that I've heard about.
    When people are dying, it's hard to step back. But if you don't, you wind up talking like a liberal. This government solution worked better than that government solution, so this guy should be in charge. Sound familiar? Government works, you just have to put the right sociopath in charge.

Whereas...

I understand your reasoning. The point that I am trying to make is, Government Has No Business in Healthcare period.
    ...if that principle had been applied, the whole goddamn thing wouldn't have happened because nobody would have paid a Chinese lab to do evil $#@! in the first place.

"Oh, but when people are dying isn't the right time to fix that stuff. It's an emergency!" Well, people have been dying since homo sapiens was invented. And since homo sapiens was invented, far, far more have died when government is big than when it's small. When the hell do "conservatives" apply their principles? They don't when there's no emergency and think they can't when there is one. Can't blame progs for that trap.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-16-2022 at 06:58 AM.

I understand your reasoning. The point that I am trying to make is, Government Has No Business in Healthcare period. That is up to the individual and their personal/private physician.

Further, people who keep promoting "monoclonal antibodies", or other, as a viable alternative, you have no idea what preexisting conditions or medications other individual people may be on, and it could be life threatening. Again, that is up to you and your personal/private physician to discuss behind closed doors.
    I agree completely. I'm just saying of all the things to attack DeSantis on, this wouldn't be on the first 10 pages of such a list.

He is a money spender. Thanks to his promoting Florida as a place where patients have a right to make choices regarding their healthcare, thereby becoming a sort of a 'promised land' for people seeking freedoms, Florida has experienced a windfall of government tax surplus and he's doing things like giving housing tax credits to first responders/healthcare workers that want to relocate. Retirement packages to police K-9s. [a dog has better retirement prospects than I do, lol] Some of it is quite silly and rather unnecessary.

That kind of stuff makes me nervous as to what he would do if in command of a treasury that is based on debt rather than a surplus (edit: it's all based on fiat but you know what I mean). Like his foreign policy views, he hasn't really been tested.

and he still hasn't made a real push for constitutional carry whereas some Republican governors who are nothing to brag about have managed to get it into law.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-16-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

...if that principle had been applied, the whole goddamn thing wouldn't have happened because nobody would have paid a Chinese lab to do evil $#@! in the first place.
    No argument there.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Free Trade is just that - Free Trade. Nobody, not even government, has the right to tell me who I should, could or otherwise trade, sell or buy from. This is one of the areas dems and repubs can't get through their thick skulls. Here's what they DO know: "if you can't compete, conquer".
    Even when the trade is unfairly matched by slave labor and a government who hates us? I am all for unfettered trade with other countries but, there are countries that trade and puts heavy tariffs on our goods..

I am a supported of goods made in the USA. No reason why we cannot get almost everything we need here.

Even when the trade is unfairly matched by slave labor and a government who hates us? I am all for unfettered trade with other countries but, there are countries that trade and puts heavy tariffs on our goods..

I am a supported of goods made in the USA. No reason why we cannot get almost everything we need here.
    Oh, well, then, since you only support goods made here in 'Merika, then that negates my wanting to buy/sell/trade with others, even when the product is inferior and highly inflated by union cost. My bad, I thought choice is what drove competition.

Free Trade "If you can't or don't want to compete, conquer".

An Agorist Primer

Sure it would have.

Marxist Malthusians have convinced themselves that, of all the causes of the "existential threats to planet earth", from global warming to plastic trash islands to holes in the ozone, the root cause is clear: there are way too many of us.

And they are working, across the globe, to manufacture a viral bio-weapon that can be controlled, managed and protected from, that will be used to kill off 7-8 billion people.

The West is suicidal, world weary, cynical, corrupt, addicted and decedent; we no longer have the basic will to survive anymore, let alone do what needed to be done once it was clear what had happened at Wuhan. As you noted, in many ways we were guilty of it in the first place.

But what was it that needed to be done?

Simple...the declaration of total, complete and unrestrained war against the Chinese Communists, and the vaporization of the Wuhan lab and immediate area around the lab, either with nuclear devices or FAE bombs.

To be followed up with 14 day notices to every single facility like that around the world: begin immediate and complete dismantling, sterilizing, securing, with the end goal of destroying these facilities, or be subject to a similar attack.

That's the only way you stop evil men from using evil labs to create evil bioweapons that will ultimately kill every single one of us.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-16-2022 at 09:35 AM.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Yup, we get it...as an anarchist I understand your position.

However, under the conditions we find ourselves right now, it's a counterproductive position to take and ends up creating even more government and more control.

"Abolish the police! Empty the prisons" shouts the anarchist. Fine...I'm no fan of the cops myself. LA and NYC and Chicago and Seattle and New Orleans and a whole slew of other cities did just that in the aftermath of George Floyd. Result? Violent crime that has exploded in all those places, and the people that live in these places now demanding more cops, and more laws and more jails than even before, because they have no deeper understanding of the causes and effects of violent crime. They just want to drive to the grocery store without getting carjacked.

"Free trade above all! Trade without whoever I want!" shouts the anarchist. OK...I'm no fan of government monetary policy myself. So, over the course of just one lifetime, we sold off the largest manufacturing economy the world has ever seen, to the lowest bidders, mostly in the third world or Asia. Result? Over thirty trillion in national debt, the utter collapse of the middle class, stagnant wages and open, unabashed Marxist revolution sweeping through every single institution in the country.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sure it would have.
    You think they could have and would have without government?

I can't say it's impossible. But Bill Gates made billions of of this, maybe even a trillion. And that happened because of government. Government bought all of that poison, at least here in the U.S. Government paid to have it developed. If it weren't for that, Gates might have had to choose between that project and buying up all that farmland. As it is, the one financed the other.

Here you are saying it could have happened without government, and here's how I wish government had stopped it. This from someone who has touted the "vote x to slow the decay" line. Well, obviously government has no interest in stopping evil, so that's a pipe dream. What better way to slow it than to cut off the money, so government can't make evil so darned profitable? Because these psychos love making money off their evil, as it ensures they can keep it up. And it helps them sell their schemes to whatever stockholders they have to deal with.

If there's one thing conservatives in this nation can learn from Ron Paul and really take to heart that could still save America, it's this: Compromising your principles long enough to deal with the emergency before us is never a good idea. Ever. It encourages government to create emergencies.

The only sure way to eliminate the cockroach infection is to burn down the house. Bad analogy? Remember, you're suggesting bombing China. WWIII, anyone? I never got rid of cockroaches that way. I have, however, gotten rid of them by combining less drastic actions with starving them out. Stop feeding them. And these psychos have absolutely no greater source of sustenance than big, fat governments.

"Free trade above all! Trade without whoever I want!" shouts the anarchist. OK...I'm no fan of government monetary policy myself. So, over the course of just one lifetime, we sold off the largest manufacturing economy the world has ever seen, to the lowest bidders, mostly in the third world or Asia.
    I think you know there were plenty of other things besides free trade that led to that result, almost all of which were imposed by government.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-16-2022 at 10:27 AM.

That's only your opinion. License is not freedom.
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy ... Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed." - J.F.K.

And as Ron Paul has said over and over again, what we have had for a long time is NOT free trade; it is managed trade. There is no need for a document thousands of pages long in order for one entity to trade with another. Not if it is truly free trade.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-16-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The only sure way to eliminate the cockroach infection is to burn down the house. Bad analogy? Remember, you're suggesting bombing China. WWIII, anyone?
    Yup, no doubt about it.

What do we spend all those trillions on "defense" for, if not that?

A foreign government, in collusion with traitors within our own government, developed a gain of function bio-weapon, in violation of agreed research protocols, funding restrictions and international agreements. They then released that bioweapon on an unsuspecting world, lied about it's source, scope and origins, and killed, imprisoned or "disappeared" whistle-blowers on the inside that tried to expose this information.

This weaponized virus went on to kill tens of millions worldwide and millions of of our fellow United States citizens, who have a constitutional right to be protected from foreign attacks and invasion.

If that is not justification to release every weapon in our arsenal at the goddamned Chinese communists and these spawn of Satan himself weapons facilities, nothing is.

Obviously that is not going to happen, for reasons both of us are well familiar with.

So, defund and disband the whole miserable $#@!ting lot of it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If that is not justification to release every weapon in our arsenal at the goddamned Chinese communists and these spawn of Satan himself weapons facilities, nothing is.
    It would be an easier argument to make if the U.S. government hadn't funded the research.

Of course, we could save a few for them...