Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOP chances of taking Senate down over 21 pts since June. Dems now favored to keep control

GOP chances of taking Senate down over 21 pts since June. Dems now favored to keep control

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's terrible news.

And? So? Was I supposed to care either way?

Demons = social welfare for all.
    RepuGs = corporate welfare for all.

Was there supposed to be anything significant about this thread? You know, other than Team “D” and/or “R”?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

Was there supposed to be anything significant about this thread? You know, other than Team “D” and/or “R”?
    While I agree with you in theory, you only have to look at the disaster of the last 2 years to realize that a divided government is the best we can hope for in the short term.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Every government fiscal restraint in modern history came from have a Republican Congress and a Democrat president. The Sequester was purely Republican. Spending was flat Bill Clinton's last 5 or so years in office because of Republicans. So there is a difference.

Democrats passed a $1.5 trillion stimulus last year when unemployment was 5% and falling and the recession ended 7 months earlier for no reason other than to buy votes and lead to inflation that affects everyone. Democrats passed a nearly 1 trillion green boondoggle bill with tax hikes. Neither one of those bills happen with a Republican congress. This idea there is no difference is one of the stupidest no skin in the game things that gets said.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Every government fiscal restraint in modern history came from have a Republican Congress and a Democrat president. The Sequester was purely Republican. Spending was flat Bill Clinton's last 5 or so years in office because of Republicans. So there is a difference.

Democrats passed a $1.5 trillion stimulus last year when unemployment was 5% and falling and the recession ended 7 months earlier for no reason other than to buy votes and lead to inflation that affects everyone. Democrats passed a nearly 1 trillion green boondoggle bill with tax hikes. Neither one of those bills happen with a Republican congress. This idea there is no difference is one of the stupidest no skin in the game things that gets said.
    Yep, which group gives the globalists a free hand?

Seems rather obvious with their Build Back Bull$#@! program.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Every government fiscal restraint in modern history came from have a Republican Congress and a Democrat president.
    Used to say the same thing all the time. I don't think the old rules apply any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yep, which group gives the globalists a free hand?
    Both. Both major parties do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    While I agree with you in theory, you only have to look at the disaster of the last 2 years to realize that a divided government is the best we can hope for in the short term.
    They act divided. They act the part. But the more partisan they act, the more bipartisan they become when it comes to destroying the country.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-14-2022 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

That's terrible news.
    It's also fake news.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Used to say the same thing all the time. I don't think the old rules apply any more.

Both. Both major parties do that.

They act divided. They act the part. But the more partisan they act, the more bipartisan they become when it comes to destroying the country.
    Give me a break, who pulled us out of the Paris accord?

It's 3 months away. The interest in the Roe decision will die down. If the economy keeps tanking advantage GOP.

I guess (for me) it depends on how likely we are to get in a hot war with China/Russia. Republicans at the moment seem marginally? better. Not the leaders, but people like MTG, Massie, Rand, seem to be the only ones making a stink. Dems seem to be just playing fast and loose with reckless abandon when it comes to foreign policy.

The whole China mess is the stupidest thing ever, especially. They're sending them money to play mad scientist in Wuhan. They sell our oil reserves to China.

Then they send Nancy Pelosi on a plane to antagonize them over Taiwan.

For the foreseeable future I'd like a Commander in Chief who isn't either a hot-head or a potato-head.

Then again, I don't see us getting enough Congressmen in the mid-terms to prevent a coming war even though it is supposedly Congress's responsibility.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-14-2022 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I'm taking this poll with a grain of salt. Best case scenario is the GOP takes the House but Dems keep the Senate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

And the WHO.
    And Afghanistan.
    And the TPP.
    And a lot more.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Except we never actually pulled out of it. The official date that was supposed to happen was Jan 20th 2021. Biden taking office prevented that from happening.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Except we never actually pulled out of it. The official date that was supposed to happen was Jan 20th 2021. Biden taking office prevented that from happening.
    Source that it didn't happen?

And you are kind of making the point for us even if you are right.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And the WHO.
    And Afghanistan.
    And the TPP.
    And a lot more.

Re-funneling money does not count. Still ignoring/making light/praising who/what your buddy 'ol pal funded during the entire mess, I see.

What's the Difference Between the CDC and the WHO?
    Just like the CDC, the World Health Organization (WHO) is involved in global efforts related to infectious disease surveillance, elimination, and preparedness. The WHO is a United Nations agency that answers to the annual assembly of the world’s health ministers.

The CDC relies on advice from its internal experts while the WHO convenes panels of independent experts from around the globe. The WHO has an ambitious vision to improve the health of every global citizen through programs beyond infectious disease control, such as protecting the environment from manmade damages. The CDC, on the other hand, has a primary focus on the health and safety of American citizens.

The CDC and the WHO work together to coordinate and implement public health programs globally.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/cdc-r...us-who-5196132

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Re-funneling money does not count. Still ignoring/making light/praising who/what your buddy 'ol pal funded during the entire mess, I see.
    Funding of the CDC would have been done without him.
    And you knock down a Jenga tower by pulling one stick at a time, there is no way Congress would have allowed him to do everything you want all at once.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Funding of the CDC would have been done without him.
    And you knock down a Jenga tower by pulling one stick at a time, there is no way Congress would have allowed him to do everything you want all at once.
    He never vetoed a thing. In fact, he praised and took credit for the Trumpcinne disaster he caused.

Had it been Ron Paul or Massie, they would have said, go to your own private physician and seek advice there. Ron or Massie NEVER would have started yet another Federal Agency, which is exactly what your NY Lib did, and then handed it to Biden to take it where he left off.

And people wonder why this country tanked to hell.

He never vetoed a thing. In fact, he praised and took credit for the Trumpcinne disaster he caused.

Had it been Ron Paul or Massie, they would have said, go to your own private physician and seek advice there. Ron or Massie NEVER would have started yet another Federal Agency, which is exactly what your NY Lib did, and then handed it to Biden to take it where he left off.

And people wonder why this country tanked to hell.
    He did veto the final NDAA and Congress overrode it just like they would have done for any other vetoes by him or Ron.
    The CDC is not a new agency, it's been around long before Trump.
    Trump pushed alternatives and the media crucified him for it, they also crucified him for not pushing for the vax hard enough, not being a biochemist it is not hard to understand him deciding to take credit for it in an election year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He did veto the final NDAA and Congress overrode it just like they would have done for any other vetoes by him or Ron.
    The CDC is not a new agency, it's been around long before Trump.
    Trump pushed alternatives and the media crucified him for it, they also crucified him for not pushing for the vax hard enough, not being a biochemist it is not hard to understand him deciding to take credit for it in an election year.
    The lie about that veto was already debunked in another thread. And here you are repeating the lie in this thread. Very trollish behavior.

He didn't get us out of Afghanistan. If he had gotten us out of Afghanistan, Biden couldn't have botched getting us out of Afghanistan. I know you actually believe Biden wouldn't have gotten us out of Afghanistan if Trump hadn't "put us on a trajectory" or whatever excuse you want to use, and that the botched nature of the pullout was all Biden and not a result of that "trajectory". But you have no evidence to back any of that up. None. This is religious drivel, not proven fact.

And yes, the TPP was bad. But so is Phase One. But then, he's not an economist, Congress is scary, there was reelection, all the excuses you usually use when you can't find a way to blame someone else for what he did.

Didn't anyone ever teach you that heaping manufactured praise and faint praise on someone effectively condemns them? Or that making excuses is all the more pitiful when he was sold to voters as a canny, courageous, incorruptible Alpha?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2022 at 05:13 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yes, we get it, you are fully black pilled and as such, have a higher level of understanding than all the rest of us Mundanes.

I live in New Hampshire.

My senator is Maggie Hassan.

My congressman is Chris Pappas.

Feel free to look up their respective voting records.

Hard to tell how the Sept. primary will flesh out, but any of the GOP people running for either Senate or the House in this race, will be a marked improvement over who is there currently and will have a direct and positive impact on my life and finances.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-15-2022 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, we get it, you are fully black pilled and as such, have a higher level of understanding than all the rest of us Mundanes.

I live in New Hampshire.

My senator is Maggie Hassan.

My congressman is Chris Pappas.

Hard to tell how the Sept. primary will flesh out, but any of the people running for either Senate or the House in this race, will be a marked improvement over who is there currently and will have a direct and positive impact on my life and finances.
    Good I hope they win.

This thread isn't about individuals, or state legislatures. This thread is about a supposedly laudable goal that would be aided if Lynn Cheney gets reelected.

It's possible to be black pilled about the two party system and still hold out hope for the country. It's hard when even smart and canny people blather incessantly about Team Purple Rah Rah, and act like one of those corrupt setups might actually lift a finger to aid it someday--not only might help, but is the only thing that can. But it's possible.

It's like MAGA. Government can't make America great again, any more than it made America great in the first place. But do we hear Republicans say what real conservatives say? Is GGOTW, Get Government Outta The Way--a thing? Or is that impossible because it may be proven to work, but no one can pronounce the acronym?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2022 at 05:38 AM.

It's also fake news.
    If it's fake news, then it is false polling to indicate a trend that is untrue.

In other words, nothing but back up to legitimize another fake election.

In which case, there is no point in any of this.

No, I think you underestimate the visceral loathing of freedom out there.

And the amount of Roe fallout there is as well.

White women were Roe's biggest supporters, when you see some spittle spewing harridan shrieking with rage at a kill your baby rally, it will almost always be a white woman. If the pink hatters and pussy protesters turn out en masse, then the Marxists will easily hold the house and senate.

Aided by the millions and millions of newly arrived demographic invaders who can now legally vote in many districts around the nation.

Good I hope they win.

This thread isn't about individuals, or state legislatures. This thread is about a supposedly laudable goal that would be aided if Lynn Cheney gets reelected.

It's possible to be black pilled about the two party system and still hold out hope for the country. It's hard when even smart and canny people blather incessantly about Team Purple Rah Rah, and act like one of those corrupt setups might actually lift a finger to aid it someday--not only might help, but is the only thing that can. But it's possible.

It's like MAGA. Government can't make America great again, any more than it made America great in the first place. But do we hear Republicans say what real conservatives say? Is GGOTW, Get Government Outta The Way--a thing? Or is that impossible because it may be proven to work, but no one can pronounce the acronym?
    Tim Baxter has been endorsed by Rand and Massie, he's been making a name for himself in Shem Kellog's old district in Hampton and Seabrook.

Chuck Morse has a long history here in NH, running for Senate he may win the primary.

Both of these guys have a strong inclination to do just that, get the hell out of our way and let the people make America great again.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it's fake news, then it is false polling to indicate a trend that is untrue.

In other words, nothing but back up to legitimize another fake election.

In which case, there is no point in any of this.

No, I think you underestimate the visceral loathing of freedom out there.

And the amount of Roe fallout there is as well.

White women were Roe's biggest supporters, when you see some spittle spewing harridan shrieking with rage at a kill your baby rally, it will almost always be a white woman. If the pink hatters and pussy protesters turn out en masse, then the Marxists will easily hold the house and senate.

Aided by the millions and millions of newly arrived demographic invaders who can now legally vote in many districts around the nation.
    + all of the above

The only thing about which I strongly disagree with Ron Paul is his statement that "Freedom is popular".

The last GOP caucus that I attended was a freak show of murderous fascists who swallow the whole jackboot.

The only thing about which they disagree with the D's is abortion and who gets taxed/bailed out.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    + all of the above

The only thing about which I strongly disagree with Ron Paul is his statement that "Freedom is popular".

The last GOP caucus that I attended was a freak show of murderous fascists who swallow the whole jackboot.

The only thing about which they disagree with the D's is abortion and who gets taxed/bailed out.
    Yeah, I've been seeing AF repeat that black pill for years. And it's a point. It overlooks the fact that people tend not to know what they've got until it's gone. But there's truth in it.

That said, political party functions are no representative sample. They do far more to attract the greedy than normal people. Will Rogers is still right.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    It's awful hard to get people interested in corruption unless they can get some of it.

Yeah, I've been seeing AF repeat that black pill for years. And it's a point. It overlooks the fact that people tend not to know what they've got until it's gone. But there's truth in it.

That said, political party functions are no representative sample. They do far more to attract the greedy than normal people. Will Rogers is still right.
    I'm not trying to disregard or dissuade that.

I'm as well aware as @PAF that this mess will not be solved by party loyalties and "rah rah straw hat" shenanigans.

But nobody seems to have any interest in picking up the rifle, figuratively or literally, nor do they want to talk about peaceful separation.

So, I have little choice but to bide my time, until it runs out, and engage politically.

I'm not trying to disregard or dissuade that.

I'm as well aware as @PAF that this mess will not be solved by party loyalties and "rah rah straw hat" shenanigans.

But nobody seems to have any interest in picking up the rifle, figuratively or literally, nor do they want to talk about peaceful separation.

So, I have little choice but to bide my time, until it runs out, and engage politically.
    I've gotten to the point that the only winning move is not to play.

Whether one side wins or the other, the system/environment will continue to exist, filled with slick attorneys, lobbyists, MilitaryIC and MedicalIC jobs abound which "must be preserved", where "representatives" take tax money from people to give to the complexes.

Ron was right. It takes the hearts and minds of the people to effect change. Overwhelmingly, people would rather "pay their fair share" to keep/obtain a job, or live on the government dole. Vote either way in the left/right Welfare system, you condone it. Unless of course you believe the country is filled with people who would gladly vote Ron's and Massie's. Which they won't. The People simply do not want that. And if they happen to do, look at what happened at 2012 RNC. Do you honestly believe the system will allow that, without overwhelming people, and I mean overwhelming, fighting against it?

Sure. vote local if it will help. Picking up arms will not sway people's minds. Peaceful separation won't either because tptb will continue to expand at all expense.

Trump may have done one single thing right - signing that Lobbying Ban At The Beginning Of His Presidency. But the Fascist Moron, after he instituted another Federal Agency, went and REVOKED the BAN Jan 20, 2021, right before Biden took over. He is a scam artist. And I never heard a peep from the so-called repuGs.

illegal Texas border crossings yesterday alone Over 2,200.
    Busloads of illegal migrants unloading in NYC for weeks.
    Still sending billions to "muh Ukraine" and flaming war fires everywhere.

Democrats are going to enforce carbon tax, carbon caps for consumers, high speed rail connecting every city, digital everything, public wifi everywhere, unrestricted migrants driving with licenses on your roads, police disenfranchisement, anti-gun laws, war in Europe, war in Asia, war in the Middle East, sex/gender implosion, history narratives that conflict with reality, permanent welfare/leisure class expansion into white suburbia via "affordabe" housing projects, phase-out of diesel, phase-out of gasoline vehicles, total surveillance, vast expansion of the IRS, Federal overstepping on "marriage", perverse instruction of pre-pubescent children, racial benefits for all non-whites, expansion of the SCOTUS with term limits and a permanent takeover of the elections system...

And vocal portion of the people posting here don't care if Republicans/Trump or the Democrats win.

I care. The Democrats are not even Americans. They are domestic enemies.
    Last edited by Snowball; 08-15-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    illegal Texas border crossings yesterday alone Over 2,200.
    Busloads of illegal migrants unloading in NYC for weeks.
    Still sending billions to "muh Ukraine" and flaming war fires everywhere.

Democrats are going to enforce carbon tax, carbon caps for consumers, high speed rail connecting every city, digital everything, public wifi everywhere, unrestricted migrants driving with licenses on your roads, police disenfranchisement, anti-gun laws, war in Europe, war in Asia, war in the Middle East, sex/gender implosion, history narratives that conflict with reality, permanent welfare/leisure class expansion into white suburbia via "affordabe" housing projects, phase-out of diesel, phase-out of gasoline vehicles, total surveillance, vast expansion of the IRS, Federal overstepping on "marriage", perverse instruction of pre-pubescent children, racial benefits for all non-whites, expansion of the SCOTUS with term limits and a permanent takeover of the elections system...

And vocal portion of the people posting here don't care if Republicans/Trump or the Democrats win.

I care. The Democrats are not even Americans. They are domestic enemies.
    They are NOT "illegal". They are being welcomed with open arms.

Want to blame somebody? Blame the repuG politicians in office and their security apparatus, and the demon politicians in office who want welfare for all, who charge the American tax-payer money for these programs.

Until you realize that, be prepared for more anti-4thA and more money sunk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast