Thread: RIP Michael Badnarik - a man of honor and integrity

RIP Michael Badnarik - a man of honor and integrity

Very sad news.

https://libertarianinstitute.org/blo...el-badnarik///

Admin: ETA below & adjust title as appropriate (h/t Matt Collins)

A writing just before passing:
    https://badnarik.org/michael-badnarik-1954-2022/
    Please do not mourn my death. Instead, celebrate the wonderful life I lived. If you are going to remember me, please remember me as a man of honor and integrity.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He introduced me to liberty in 2006, before I knew about Ron Paul. His video series course was a game changer for my understanding of politics, government, and the Constitution. I wish more people had taken his course. When Ron came on the scene in 2007 I was instantly aware of his ideals because Michael had already explained them in his course.

I still have Mike's signed book sitting next to me here at my desk on my bookshelf.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 08-12-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

RIP

I voted for him, he was a good knowledgeable man.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I am told this morning that Michael Badnarik died in his sleep of heart failure last night.

Michael was a great believer in and defender of freedom and the United States of America and its Constitution. He represented the Libertarian Party as presidential candidate against George W. Bush and John Kerry in 2004. I am proud to have served as his foreign policy adviser during his campaign.

He spent his life inspiring other people’s interest in liberty, winning numerous people over to our cause.

He leaves a proud legacy and will not be forgotten.
    Like Ron Paul, Badnarik was a candidate to support and vote for with full confidence in his true principles. RIP.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

say it.
    ITS GOOD TO BE KING!

RIP with the most sincere condolences. Thank you for your knowledge and your effort you served well...see you at the supper
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

"When it comes to mandatory vaccines, you bring the needle, I'll bring my .45, and we'll see which one makes the bigger hole" - Michael Badnarik

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Very sad news indeed, and a big loss.

I also voted for him in 2004. He had been popular here.

I remember that quote well, Matt. lol
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He introduced me to liberty in 2006, before I knew about Ron Paul. His video series course was a game changer for my understanding of politics, government, and the Constitution. I wish more people had taken his course. When Ron came on the scene in 2007 I was instantly aware of his ideals because Michael had already explained them in his course.

I still have Mike's signed book sitting next to me here at my desk on my bookshelf.
    He was my first Libertarian vote and his course was awesome! I made my kids watch his lessons as well.

His book, Good to be King: The Foundation of Our Constitutional Freedom is a must have.

Michael Badnarik was a true patriot and lover of liberty.

Rest in peace sir.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Forum threads on Michael, pretty solid.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/tags.ph...chael+Badnarik

I fear he has a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Badnarik
    The country is already dead, and you can’t save it.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    thanks Matt.
    i just re-watched it...what a time machine, its like i was back there again in 2008ish

He was Awesome!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I fear he has a point...
    I share the same fear, which is why I am willing to ally with Republican voters in this America First movement. It may be a slim chance, but it is the only chance that I can see. I am not worried about the details that we don't match up on 100% because we can sort that out later if we are successful. At least Republican politicians represent themselves as pro-constitution and Republican voters say they care about the constitution, while lefties and liberals are openly hostile to the constitution.

I hope that he was wrong and that it can be saved.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I am not worried about the details that we don't match up on 100% because we can sort that out later if we are successful.
    Yeah, yeah. Seen that before...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'd rather not sully the memory of this man, who I voted for with enthusiasm and not while holding my nose, by rehashing that here.

If you want to do a monologue I can't stop you. But Michael Badnarik deserves better from us.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I share the same fear, which is why I am willing to ally with Republican voters in this America First movement. It may be a slim chance, but it is the only chance that I can see. I am not worried about the details that we don't match up on 100% because we can sort that out later if we are successful. At least Republican politicians represent themselves as pro-constitution and Republican voters say they care about the constitution, while lefties and liberals are openly hostile to the constitution.

I hope that he was wrong and that it can be saved.
    The pendulum swings. We few have no say in where it swings next.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I also voted for Michael in the 2004 election. . He once gave an analogy in a talk I thought was quite good, it went something like this: There was a time the fireplace was an indispensable part of everyday life. Fire in the fireplace was a good and useful thing, while fire that escaped the fireplace was a danger and must be stamped out. A constitution is nothing more or less than a fireplace for government. Confined within the constitutional fireplace, government can be a good thing, but once government escapes the confinement of the constitution, it is a danger and must be stamped out.

Apparently Mike knew he wouldn't be around much longer. From his friend's FB page posted a few days before he passed away:

https://www.facebook.com/wes.benedic...FaFtHVebPQs1Al

And Mike writes something publicly just before passing:

https://badnarik.org/michael-badnarik-1954-2022/

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mt4rp View Post
    I also voted for Michael in the 2004 election. . He once gave an analogy in a talk I thought was quite good, it went something like this: There was a time the fireplace was an indispensable part of everyday life. Fire in the fireplace was a good and useful thing, while fire that escaped the fireplace was a danger and must be stamped out. A constitution is nothing more or less than a fireplace for government. Confined within the constitutional fireplace, government can be a good thing, but once government escapes the confinement of the constitution, it is a danger and must be stamped out.
    Nicely articulated. Thanks for sharing.

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge