Thread: Democrats take lead over GOP in "generic" US House polling

Democrats take lead over GOP in "generic" US House polling

Democrats Inch Ahead of Republicans on Generic Congressional Ballot

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...sional-ballot/

JACOB BLISS 11 Aug 2022

Democrats inched ahead of Republicans on FiveThirtyEight’s generic congressional ballot average on August 10 — less than four months from the midterm election night.

FiveThirtyEight updated their generic congressional ballot average on Wednesday to show Democrats have a slight advantage over Republicans.

The average showed generic Democrats with an average of 44.2 percent and generic Republicans with an average of 44 percent.

The average from FiveThirtyEight looks at polls from Morning Consult, Rasmussen Reports, Ipsos, Data for Progress, and YouGov.

Republicans, who are now slightly behind the Democrats, are trying to unseat Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) from her Speakership and take back the majority in the House of Representatives.

In 2018, the Democrats took the House from the Republicans.

In 2020, after striving to win back the House, the Republicans left the Democrats with the slimmest majority in modern history and gave themselves the upper hand in the midterms.

For Republicans, winning the majority will require a net gain of only five seats in November, and much is on the line in both the House and the Senate.

For Democrats, losing either could mean the Democrat Party and President Joe Biden will have a more challenging time passing their agenda items before the next presidential election.

The revelation of Democrats leading FiveThirtyEight’s generic congressional ballot average is a warning sign for Republicans, as they are still projected to win back a majority between 12 and 35 seats in the House. For the majority of the year, Republicans have led the generic ballot, especially on the Rasmussen Reports polling where they have led all year.

However, on the Rasmussen Reports polls, Republicans have lost their overall edge while some polls — like Morning Consult and YouGov — the Democrats are now leading.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprising. The polls are probably gonna keep going in that direction right up until the midterms... because thats where they want it to go.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Not surprising. The polls are probably gonna keep going in that direction right up until the midterms... because thats where they want it to go.
    This is beyond push polling. This is drag kicking and screaming polling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Just preparation. It’s important for polls to match the (manipulated) election results.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Just preparation. It’s important for polls to match the (manipulated) election results.
    Bingo
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Strange because anybody I talk to about politics seems to be really pissed off at Democrats.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Polls Show Vulnerable Democrats in Trouble 3 Months from Election Night

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lection-night/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Polls Show Vulnerable Democrats in Trouble 3 Months from Election Night

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lection-night/
    Don't worry about 3 months before election night.

It's the 3 hours after election night that dems tend to get the most support.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty
    News now that a bunch of PA R's have been subpoenaed as a part of the Scott Perry thing...

The more I ponder on these recent events, the more I tend to think it likely that the Democrats have no intention of losing 2022 or 2024, by hook or by crook, as they say. This feels like a coup. They're obviously manufacturing this narrative - it's plain to see, and everyone in the know knows it. So they're not going to allow the Republicans to gain power and turn their tactics right back on them, especially with all the criminal activity that would be easily investigated and prosecuted. Of course, DOJ/FBI are obviously working for them, and changing out the AG or the Director of the FBI won't change any of that.

Strange and likely bad days ahead, friends. I hope you're all prepared.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Don't worry about 3 months before election night.

It's the 3 hours after election night that dems tend to get the most support.
    Lol.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty
    News now that a bunch of PA R's have been subpoenaed as a part of the Scott Perry thing...

The more I ponder on these recent events, the more I tend to think it likely that the Democrats have no intention of losing 2022 or 2024, by hook or by crook, as they say. This feels like a coup. They're obviously manufacturing this narrative - it's plain to see, and everyone in the know knows it. So they're not going to allow the Republicans to gain power and turn their tactics right back on them, especially with all the criminal activity that would be easily investigated and prosecuted. Of course, DOJ/FBI are obviously working for them, and changing out the AG or the Director of the FBI won't change any of that.

Strange and likely bad days ahead, friends. I hope you're all prepared.
    //
    And even if they get caught, and all hell breaks loose, it’s still part of their plan. Like Ukraine, they are willing to fight until the last American.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The globalist left establishment has no qualms about turning the US into another Ukraine, Syria, Sri Lanka or any other devastated nation.