Thread: Rand Paul: FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago is an ‘attack on the rule of law'

Rand Paul: FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago is an ‘attack on the rule of law'

Rand Paul: FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago is an ‘attack on the rule of law'

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., discusses the FBI raid on former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, comments on immigration, migrant buses and shares updates on the state of Kentucky following severe flooding.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul in 2016:

It is said—and most of us have spent our lives believing—that we are a nation of laws.

If the FBI’s decision to not prosecute Hillary Clinton is accepted, we will have become a nation of two sets of laws: one for the Clintons, and one for everyone else.

On Tuesday, FBI Director James Comey held an astonishing press conference in which he delivered a scathing rundown on Clinton’s wrongdoings in handling classified information and national security during her tenure as Secretary of State.

The FBI showed clearly that Clinton violated classified procedures and carelessly, recklessly endangered national security—and did so repeatedly, over 100 times.

The FBI then announced she would face no charges. This is an outrage, and the rule of law has been shattered.

Any career civil servant or military offer who had been so “careless” with national security and classified information would have had his or her security clearance stripped at a minimum, possibly been fired, and certainly have been open to criminal charges. https://time.com/4393859/fbi-hillary-clinton-email-fbi/
    In 2002, an investigation of Trump via a court-approved search warrant is "an attack on the rule of law".

In 2016 Trump supporters chanted "Lock Her Up!" (I don't claim Paul ever did.) But in 2022 they claim Trump is the victim of a witch hunt.

It all depends on whose ox is gored, doesn't it?

EDIT: I was wrong. Paul did say an indictment of Clinton "would be a good idea, followed by a prison sentence." See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uofvscfAx4
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 08-11-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It all depends on whose ox is gored, doesn't it?
    It depends upon who you believe is actually guilty of something. The evidence of Hillary, Obama and DNC crimes was very convincing, while the accusations against Trump have repeatedly been proven false.

The reality is that Trump has been investigated, had a special counsel appointed to look into him, been impeached multiple times, and now has the Jan 6th commission and an FBI raid.

What has happened to Hillary, Obama, Wasserman-Schultz and friends over the many alleged crimes? Nothing.

In one case, every possible investigation, even instigated via government fraud, in the other case, cover-ups and nothing. That’s blatantly partisan and biased.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In 2016 Trump supporters chanted "Lock Her Up!" (I don't claim Paul ever did.) But in 2022 they claim Trump is the victim of a witch hunt.
    Maybe because he was the victim of a witch hunt in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.

I'm not sure who is going to be more upset, the democrats who keep thinking "this is gonna be the one!!!" only to have it devolve into yet another big fat nothing-burger, or everyone else who is getting tired of watching this dead horse get beat.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-11-2022 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That’s blatantly partisan and biased.
    I suggest to you that what's partisan and biased is the reaction of the Trump supporters to the execution of the search warrant. None of them knows anything about the underlying reason the warrant was issued, what the FBI was looking for, or what efforts were used to attempt to obtain the material short of getting a warrant, but that doesn't stop their knee-jerk, we're-in-a-police-state complaints that their idol is being persecuted.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

I suggest to you that what's partisan and biased is the reaction of the Trump supporters to the execution of the search warrant. None of them knows anything about the underlying reason the warrant was issued, what the FBI was looking for, or what efforts were used to attempt to obtain the material short of getting a warrant, but that doesn't stop their knee-jerk, we're-in-a-police-state complaints that their idol is being persecuted.
    I suggest that ex-Presidents are never raided, and have their underwear turned inside out on fishing expeditions, entrapments and set-ups, until now. To ignore that basic and indisputable fact is to be biased against Trump. And ignoring the basic universal premise that what is happening now is political persecution and prosecution that is standard fare in totalitarian police states must mean that those who don't see it are simply happy with the ox that is current being gored (Trump).

As far as the substance of the search warrant, the caveat that is used by almost every non-DNC pundit is that "they better have something very good to justify it". So if they do have some blatant and terrible crime under investigation, that will be taken into account if and when they finally divulge it, which they better do very soon, instead of the leaks from "reliable sources" that are coming out.

Sonny is right this could be totally legitimate okay
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his