Thread: Reality: What happens when the GOP takes over?

Reality: What happens when the GOP takes over?

https://twitter.com/GOPLeader/status...07790433271809

What really happens when the GOP takes over? A bunch of meaningless Congressional inquiries? Nothing but a bunch of hot air followed by multi-trillion dollar spending?

How about the FBI? Will the GOP actually do anything? We can guess that it will be the same old thing when it comes to votes. Some percentage of the GOP will vote for things like defunding, but there will always be the RINOs, neocons and establishment tools that will never reduce spending.

Here's a poll on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1557407893011709952
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Exactly.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The GOP won't do anything except promise they won't weaponize the department that was created solely to be weaponized. They don't actually want to decapitate the snake, they just want to promise they won't let it run amok.

I'll put everything I have down on "f*ck all".

They won't do sh!t. The only one who'd vote for it is Thomas Massie. The rest of them are bought and paid for.

If the department is full of people with a certain political leaning, it would be highly stupid of the GOP not to conduct decent hearings and actually change something.

Unless of course the GOP is there just to promote the welfare of others than 'the people'.
    "I am a bird"

I would say not even 25%.

Whatever number it would be though, it would be more than the democrats.

My guess is we would see action from people like Doug Mastriano or Kari Lake at the state level before we'd ever see something from congress. Of course, they actually have to win their races to test that, and that probably won't be allowed to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Anything positive that can ever happen at the federal level are mere token gestures intended to pacify rather than change.

All efforts and expectations should be directed at the state (or lower) levels.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Anything positive that can ever happen at the federal level are mere token gestures intended to pacify rather than change.

Well, a nuke could conceivably happen at the federal level. But honestly, any reduction would be positive, even if it's not quite so sudden.

DP

I agree with @A Son of Liberty

$#@! all will happen and the corrupt GOP will do $#@! to actually solve this problem.

They could, very easily, especially if they take the Senate and House together...but they will not.

Congress controls the budget, they could defund them in one vote.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Maybe they will have a successful impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I agree with @A Son of Liberty

$#@! all will happen and the corrupt GOP will do $#@! to actually solve this problem.

They could, very easily, especially if they take the Senate and House together...but they will not.

Congress controls the budget, they could defund them in one vote.
    I doubt it is really that easy. These agencies know more about every single congressman than they know about themselves. And they tend to disappear folks who get too uppity.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Nothing will happen and you can support nothing happening with your generous donation. The GOP is better at running a government and I vote for them usually, but don't expect a miracle.

I just heard that Trump promised to drain the swamp for real this time.

I just hope that there is still a swamp left for him to drain in '25 once the GOPslide of '22 get done with it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    The GOP won't do anything except promise they won't weaponize the department that was created solely to be weaponized. They don't actually want to decapitate the snake, they just want to promise they won't let it run amok.
    Considered purely from the standpoint of practical "Machiavellian" politics, they ought to "weaponize the department" against their opponents.

But they won't, for whatever reasons. [1]

The Democrats and the left have no such compunctions, however.

This is why the Republicans at the federal level are worse than useless - if anything, they are actually an outright liability.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

This is the way.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

No part of the feds is going to save us from the feds.

[1] One of those reasons, I think, is that Republicans - at least those on the right (as distinct from "neoconservatives" and the like) - regard such things as being an abrogation of their principles. But "principles" is perhaps too strong a word to use here - so let's say, "vague, inchoate impulses and sympathies", instead. That is admirable, as far as it goes, but as a simple of matter of political reality, those who don't share such fastidious sensibilities (i.e., leftist Democrats, neoconservative Republicans, et al.) are going to eat their proverbial lunches - and all the big-talking, blustering, and spluttering "outrage" in the world isn't going to do one damn thing to change that fact.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Nothing. The government will continue to get bigger and the GOP will not balance any budget. They also will not punish the Democrats for everything they've done the past two years.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-10-2022 at 09:32 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Reality: What happens when the GOP takes over?
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...27090903269378

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Democrats and the left have no such compunctions, however.

This is why the Republicans at the federal level are worse than useless - if anything, they are actually an outright liability.

[1] One of those reasons, I think, is that Republicans - at least those on the right (as distinct from "neoconservatives" and the like) - regard such things as being an abrogation of their principles. But "principles" is perhaps too strong a word to use here - so let's say, "vague, inchoate impulses and sympathies", instead. That is admirable, as far as it goes, but as a simple of matter of political reality, those who don't share such fastidious sensibilities (i.e., leftist Democrats, neoconservative Republicans, et al.) are going to eat their proverbial lunches - and all the big-talking, blustering, and spluttering "outrage" in the world isn't going to do one damn thing to change that fact.
    Exactly. As a gross generalization, the Democrats and left operate on emotion. The right tends to operate on reason, logic, principles, standards, and rules. The left has no such limitations. BAMN. The ends justify the means. Lie, cheat, steal. Rules for radicals. Win at any cost.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.