Thread: Cancelling Metallica? GTFOH seriously, GTFOH!

Cancelling Metallica? GTFOH seriously, GTFOH!

Get the f--- out of my country. Seriously, this should be a litmus test, anyone for "cancelling" a band should be kicked out of the country. For one thing punk and metal by their very nature are supposed to be shocking in sound, lyrics, and general attitude.

What kind of rebellion is this crap? If I had any criticism of my parents' music it was that it wasn't as energetic as I preferred. Now a days kids are rebelling by saying that 80s and 90s punk and metal bands do not (or did not) behave properly. $#@!. Tipper Gore was less annoying.

One of the "evidence" against Metallica is that James Hetfield was hanging out with Slayer's Kerry King while King wore a shirt with a Confederate flag. But no one is cancelling Slayer, because Slayer doesn't GAF.

In fairness to the young generation, my kids and their friends think that this cancel culture has gone insane.

https://fullinbloom.com/are-metallic...e-in-progress/

Some ‘Stranger Things’ Fans Are Now Trying to Cancel Metallica, T

Some Stranger Things viewers have turned against Metallica in a seeming attempt to "cancel" the veteran metal band after learning more about their past. Metallica got a boost in popularity last month when one of their songs appeared on Stranger Things 4.

Illustrating the latest clash of heavy metal and cancel culture, the Metallica backlash was kicked up last week (Aug. 6) with a video made by TikTok user Serena Trueblood. The influencer hosts a fan series on the social media platform called "Is Your Fav Problematic" that covers many different musical artists.

Watch her latest down toward the bottom of this post.

In light of Trueblood's Metallica installment, some listeners responded with regret for their recent Metallica purchases. They appeared to be some of the same new fans spurred by Stranger Things' use of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" in a crucial scene. On TikTok as well as Twitter, others defended the band. In July, Metallica welcomed their new listeners.

But what is cancel culture? AP News deems the term a "buzzword that creates more confusion than clarity" before describing it as "a mechanism where a chorus of voices, amplified on social media, tries to silence a point of view that they find offensive by trying to damage or destroy the reputation of the person who has given offense." Dictionary.com calls it the "practice of withdrawing support for (canceling) public figures and companies after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive."

Read More: Some 'Stranger Things' Fans Are Now Trying to Cancel Metallica | https://loudwire.com/metallica-probl...edium=referral

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know it's a cover, but still

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't like James Hetfield either.. but their music is kickass. First CD I ever bought.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They should cancel Miley Cyrus too, she's done covers of Metallica's songs
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Here's another great one, great anti-war song:

One of the best shows I've been to

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NSFW:

Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

Fans of that show need to get their head out of their asses.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

And people wonder why the ChiComs heavily censor their own creation in their country.

That said, I read the OP three times and can't, for the life of me, deduce what has these $#@!s in a twist now.

Can someone tell me what Metal-Likka did to the woke mob to have them sucking their thumbs and pissing themselves, again?

ETA - I was reading the quote over and over.

One of the "evidence" against Metallica is that James Hetfield was hanging out with Slayer's Kerry King while King wore a shirt with a Confederate flag. But no one is cancelling Slayer, because Slayer doesn't GAF.
    Wait...wat?

That's the gripe?

That?

Yeah, seriously...$#@! you and get out of my country.

Left wing $#@! Bruce Springsteen sings about "Burt Reynolds in his black Trans Am, all gonna meet down at the Cadillac Ranch".

Go cancel him.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-10-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire