Thread: Acting vs. Talking

Acting vs. Talking

Acting vs. Talking

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022...ng-vs-talking/

By eric - August 9, 2022

There is one clear difference between Leftists (they style themselves “Democrats”) and Republicans – who often style themselves “conservatives,” though of what, exactly, it is hard to divine.

And this difference is related to that.

The difference being that Leftists act – while “conservatives” (i.e., Republicans) talk about acting. It is hardly necessary to trot out examples but that of the past going-on-three-years will more than suffice. Leftists fostered a “pandemic” – and never hesitated to act on it. They “locked down” the country – well, “locked down” the average American, including the American small businessman, so as to consolidate economic power in the hands of the big corporations, now Woke, that finance the Left in a mutually beneficial reach-around. They “mandated” the wearing of “masks,” so as to create the necessary visual of abject submission, to Leftism. They even went so far as to all-but-gunpoint the entire population into submitting to medical experimentation.

And the whole time this was going on, what did “conservatives” conserve?

What have they ever “conserved”?

Now comes another – possibly, the final – opportunity for “conservatives” to do more than talk.

By now, everyone is aware of the Hut! Hut! Hutting! of the Orange Fail’s residence-in-exile at Mara Lago, in Florida. Everyone should be aware that this Hut! Hut! Hutting! is a kind of Sicilian Message – sent to us rather than the Orange Fail.

We are to understand that disobedience will not be tolerated.

This ought not to be tolerated.

The governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, is a Republican. He has it in his power to act in such a way as to challenge the Leftists who seek all power, including that serially ceded to them by Republicans. He could use the power he has as the governor of the state in which the Orange Fail resides to protect the Orange Fail from the Leftist who engineered his fail. Who will also engineer the failure of DeSantis, if he fails to act rather than talk.

He has already done this as regards the “masks” and the “vaccines” – two things the Orange Man failed to act on (or acted complicity). Florida became a literal sanctuary city for people who saw through the Kabuki and understood the evil behind “masking.” Who objected to being all-but-gunpointed into submitting to medical experimentation like so many disposable lab rats.

DeSantis acted heroically, which accounts for his popularity among people desperate for sound action rather than sound – and not much fury. If he acts now, he could become even more popular. Perhaps popular enough to be a force the Left would have to reckon with. A force powerful enough to put the failures of the Orange Man behind us and coalesce around success.

There is a venerable – and honorable – tradition of such action that Republicans might try to remember. Thomas Jefferson explicated such action in the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions he co-authored with James Madison. That action was nullification of actions taken that were contrary to the plain language and obvious intent of the Constitution. In the original context, the call to action was directed at the loathsome Alien and Sedition acts enacted by the regime of John Adams, which criminalized opposition to the Adams regime, styled “seditious” by the acts.

Has it got a familiar, January sixth-ish ring?

The Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions held that state governments not only had no obligation to enforce unconstitutional federal edicts but a duty to oppose them. These Resolutions were, arguably, the first rhetorical shot in what eventually became the War for Southern Independence, which has since been styled the “Civil War” by the victors – notwithstanding the fact that the Southern states never sought to seize control of the federal government – the critical element that defines a civil war.

Rather, the Southern states attempted to act upon the principles articulated by Jefferson and Madison in 1798 – viz, that when federal authority swells beyond constitutional bounds and by dint of that becomes abusive, per se, it is no longer legitimate authority. Had the federal government refrained from asserting unconstitutional authority – specifically, the authority to tax, via onerous tariffs, which was the issue at hand, not slavery – the Southern states would likely have not attempted to leave the “union” each of them had voluntarily and freely joined in 1787.

It is tragic that this check on abusive action perished from the earth – to borrow a neat phrase from the man who was directly responsible for its perishing – for we now face the prospect of a scorched earth, resulting from 157 years of pent-up pressure and serial failure by “conservatives” to conserve anything.

Perhaps DeSantis will listen to the admonitions of men who did act, such as Jefferson and Madison.

Declare that Florida will not enforce or abide unconstitutional acts by the federal government. Such action might just spread.

And that would beat Hell out of all this talking.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eric has it mostly right here, but he’s still relying on that proverbial political savior to come riding over the hill, smite the evildoers and hand our liberty back to us on a silver platter.

Not going to happen. Ever.

Liberty can’t be won or secured for you by somebody else. You have to seize and secure it yourself. YOU PERSONALLY. There is no other way. If you want to be free you have to go out and be free, regardless of what those who think they’re in power have to say about it.

The ONLY ONE who can claim and secure your liberty is YOU. Until we all learn this lesson, and learn to actually live it, we’ll remain slaves.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The ONLY ONE who can claim and secure your liberty is YOU. Until we all learn this lesson, and learn to actually live it, we’ll remain slaves.
    The only thing that can secure your liberty is money. Lots of it. Once you're rich enough, laws don't apply to you.

Or just go out into the woods and never come back.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This Sir, is why the Native Americans were not used as slaves by the settlers. They secured their liberty and refused to be slaves.

Action will always speak louder than words.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The only thing that can secure your liberty is money. Lots of it. Once you're rich enough, laws don't apply to you.

Money certainly helps. And being that we're supposed to have a superior knowledge of economics than do our opponents, it seems starnge to me that more of us don't have a great deal more of it.

The woods on't save anyone.

We save ourselves or we perish.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Money certainly helps. And being that we're supposed to have a superior knowledge of economics than do our opponents, it seems starnge to me that more of us don't have a great deal more of it.

The woods on't save anyone.

We save ourselves or we perish.
    We don't have it because the whole system is rigged against us.
    That's why we must support less than perfect allies who are enemies of the system and who actually do things instead of just talking, like Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That's actually backwards.
    Money goes to those to whom laws don't apply, they use the laws against the rest of us to keep us down and ignore them to steal all wealth for themselves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They have indeed intentionally made it a very steep uphill battle to gain financial freedom.

Like the slaves of Rome we must buy our freedom.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

And yet it's not the case that our candidates don't have popularity because the whole system is rigged against giving us publicity, and Trump gets publicity because he is part of the system?
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And yet it's not the case that our candidates don't have popularity because the whole system is rigged against giving us publicity, and Trump gets publicity because he is part of the system?
    Trump infiltrated the system, his whole family may have done so for generations.
    He tricked them and turned on them, that's why they hate him so much.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump infiltrated the system, his whole family may have done so for generations.

Well, we've had Trump the superhero so why not Trump, and his family, the super spys?

Next some Trump worshiper will be alleging that The Donald has cured cancer.

Almost 50 years of this $#@! is enough. I'm tired.
    Chris

Well, we've had Trump the superhero so why not Trump, and his family, the super spys?

You do know that Trump's Uncle was an FBI agent, and Trump was an FBI informent/asset, right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You do know that Trump's Uncle was an FBI agent, and Trump was an FBI informent/asset, right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I always thought it was Secret Asian Man
    - Kim Kardashian

I always thought it was Secret Asian Man
    That's Brandon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Donald Trump spills his secret identity: 'I am Batman'

https://www.cbr.com/donald-trump-spi...y-i-am-batman/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment