Thread: Missouri Marijuana Legalization Initiative Will Appear On November Ballot, State Announces

Missouri Marijuana Legalization Initiative Will Appear On November Ballot, State Announces

Missouri Marijuana Legalization Initiative Will Appear On November Ballot, State Announces

by Kyle Jaeger
    August 9, 2022

Missouri officials on Tuesday announced that an initiative to legalize marijuana will appear on the state’s November ballot.

While early reporting from county officials had signaled that the campaign was coming up short on signatures in key congressional districts, Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft (R) has now certified that activists indeed turned in enough valid petitions to place the cannabis reform measure before voters.

“I encourage Missourians to study and educate themselves on any ballot initiative,” Ashcroft said in a press release. “Initiative 2022-059 that voters will see on the November ballot is particularly lengthy and should be given careful consideration.”

Legal Missouri 2022 submitted about 400,000 signatures for a legalization initiative in May. They needed to reach a signature threshold in at least six of the state’s eight congressional districts to make the ballot, and it initially appeared that they were falling behind in two of those districts.

read more:
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/miss...ate-announces/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There goes the senate election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    You guys still have a dog in that fight?

We haven't had a decent candidate up for the federal Senate since the GOP primary. We had a truly great candidate until then, but we couldn't buy him tv commercials so he warn't $#@! to primary voters.
    "Pity we didn't nominate Rand Paul--a man who actually has the Alpha Cojones to put his life on the line, but unfortunately lacks the bad taste necessary to brag about them."-- acptulsa

I'd much rather decriminalize marijuana instead of legalize it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    a long time wish.

But I am enjoying $10 eights after tax in Wa State.

pay the bribe and get product to Market.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It's already decriminalized in Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    It's already decriminalized in Missouri.
    And they come to Illinois to purchase it - as well as pay tax dollars to Illinois for the privilege. They come to Illinois to have their abortions (without having to jump through delaying-tactic hoops), then pick up their weed, and go back home.
    Here at RPF, we don't promote every conspiracy theory - merely the ones we've been made aware of. If there's anything that Ron Paul followers know, it's that bad things don't just happen; bad things require dark and insidious forces acting in concert and in secret to make them happen.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You guys still have a dog in that fight?

We haven't had a decent candidate up for the federal Senate since the GOP primary. We had a truly great candidate until then, but we couldn't buy him tv commercials so he warn't $#@! to primary voters.
    Eric Schmitt seems to be aware of the Constitution and has always stuck up for the rights of Missourians when he had to make a choice. He told the FBI to $#@! off when they wanted to audit the list of our CCW holders, among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you say "decriminalize", the state says, "Ok, we will just charge you a $500 fine if you are caught in possession of a small amount instead of arresting you like a criminal. Of course, if you have more than we think is a "personal amount", or if you sell it, or grow it, you will still go to jail."

Legalize means some people get to grow it and sell it, but not others, and it is typically legal to possess larger amounts for personal use.

So when you say what you want, which is probably something closer to "treat it like you treat tomatoes", you have to be a little more clear in your language.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I know a few conservative republicans who like to get baked.