Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI 'raided' Mar-a-Lago

Let's not talk about the decision not to prosecute Hillary like it was made by some anonymous powers that be.

That decision was made by Trump.

After months of gleefully leading his hypnotized minions in hearty chants of, "Lock her up!!!", once he had the election locked up, he openly and unabashedly flip-flopped on that central promise of his campaign, and went out of his way to rub his supporters' faces in the fact that he could do anything he wanted and they'd never hold him accountable.

Now we have a mumbling dotard in the WH who, in spite of frailty of mind and body, is proving more capable than Trump was of overseeing an administration that will do to Trump what he was too chicken to do to Hillary.

So if Trump and his mouthpieces want to ask us, "Why the double standard?", the question should instead be posed to them.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Let's not talk about the decision not to prosecute Hillary like it was made by some anonymous powers that be.

After months of gleefully leading his hypnotized minions in hearty chants of, "Lock her up!!!", once he had the election locked up, he openly and unabashedly flip-flopped on that central promise of his campaign, and went out of his way to rub his supporters' faces in the fact that he could do anything he wanted and they'd never hold him accountable.

Now we have a mumbling dotard in the WH who, in spite of frailty of mind and body, is proving more capable than Trump was of overseeing an administration that will do to Trump what he was too chicken to do to Hillary.

So if Trump and his mouthpieces want to ask us, "Why the double standard?", the question should instead be posed to them.
    BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Yes but @Swordsmyth (even though Trump and the Clintons were life-long friends) Congress, Antifa, FBI, etc. etc. etc. "wouldn't let him". Any good Trumpsupporter knows that.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    My guess is that the DOJ didn't have the guts to go after HRC. In addition, did any of HRC's emails have the ultra-high security classification that some of Trump's records did?

Keep in mind that all that's happened to Trump so far is the execution of a search warrant. He hasn't been charged with, much less convicted of, anything.
    "Ultra high security" is not at question, here. And in fact - firstly - there's no such thing as "ultra high security"; and secondly - It's about the "unsecured" possession of "secure" government documents (and frankly, in the case of HRC, the DESTRUCTION thereof. "But her emails", amirite). A president has the authority to unilaterally declassify information. A secretary of state does NOT.

Also, I'm curious as to your suggestion that DOJ "didn't have the guts" to go after HRC. Yet they have no compunction "going after DJT... now, why would that be? DOJ very cordially requested that HRC hand over certain requested information... when it would be convenient for her, of course. DJT? Swatted. Isn't that something to consider?
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 08-16-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    3rd world countries countenance political persecutions. All we're seeing here is the mask being pulled off.

I've said it before - the left has no intention of abdicating power after this brazen act. They will never allow themselves to subjected to the same schemes they perpetrate.

Hey - I'm all for this open authoritarianism. At least it's out in the open now, and with any luck we'll be able to use it to convince people that the state is nothing less than socially sanctioned coercive (as long as that's convenient) and/or physical violence.

And again - I hope you are prepared for this, my friends.

So Clinton did about the same as Trump. Gave up some of the requested material not all. Both were clearly guilty of similar offenses. As said several pages earlier, the only question remaining is if Trump also gets a pass on prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So Clinton did about the same as Trump. Gave up some of the requested material not all. Both were clearly guilty of similar offenses. As said several pages earlier, the only question remaining is if Trump also gets a pass on prosecution.
    Can you not read, or are you purposefully being obtuse? The question was:

why [did] HRC [get] a pass and Trump got swatted?
    I didn't ask you to compare/contrast their alleged crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

I can compare them. Hillary Clinton was NOT the President and had no power to declassify documents. Trump was President and had the ultimate highest authority over such matters.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I can compare them. Hillary Clinton was NOT the President and had no power to declassify documents. Trump was President and had the ultimate highest authority over such matters.
    Maybe. But it appears he didn't. Coulda shoulda woulda aside, he has no power to do it now.

Your loophole doesn't seem to have been used before it closed. He could have used it? So? He didn't have the foresight or the sense to do that. Too bad so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

A president has the authority to unilaterally declassify information. A secretary of state does NOT.
    Has anyone seen any evidence that Trump declassified any of the records that were taken in the execution of the warrant?

DOJ very cordially requested that HRC hand over certain requested information... when it would be convenient for her, of course. DJT? Swatted. Isn't that something to consider?
    It's my understanding that Trump was subpoenaed last spring and some records were turned over to the National Archives. In June a Trump attorney told the DOJ that there were no more classified documents at Mar-a-Lago. I assume that subsequently the FBI or DOJ received information that this wasn't the case and that there were additional classified documents at the residence, thus prompting the search warrant.

OK, you don't like "ultra high security". How about TS/SCI, which stands for Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Maybe. But it appears he didn't. Coulda shoulda woulda aside, he has no power to do it now.

Your loophole doesn't seem to have been used before it closed. He could have used it? So? He didn't have the foresight or the sense to do that. Too bad so sad.
    He did declassify them. The President can declassify documents like Michael Scott declared bankruptcy in The Office.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anyone seen any evidence that Trump declassified any of the records that were taken in the execution of the warrant?
    Yes. He said himself he declassified them.

When the President is negotiating with a foreign leader, let's say they are negotiating a nuclear weapons treaty.. he doesn't have to go through a "process" to declassify certain materials in the middle of the negotiation. The President has ultimate authority on what gets declassified. There is no higher authority on this matter.

Some "lawyer" you are.

Simple answer is because Trump had hard copies.

This is a cool little test to see if you are actually on the left or the right.

The right is saying that the duly elected Commander and Chief who has ultimate authority over the declassification of documents declassified them.

The left is saying that an un-elected bureaucratic state has the authority to "check" the President on this issue.

This is a cool little test to see if you are actually on the left or the right.

The right is saying that the duly elected Commander and Chief who has ultimate authority over the declassification of documents declassified them.

The left is saying that an un-elected bureaucratic state has the authority to "check" the President on this issue.
    Thanks for that summary! Now I know what line I need to use so that I can fit in with the team I want to be on!
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Yes. He said himself he declassified them.

When the President is negotiating with a foreign leader, let's say they are negotiating a nuclear weapons treaty.. he doesn't have to go through a "process" to declassify certain materials in the middle of the negotiation. The President has ultimate authority on what gets declassified. There is no higher authority on this matter.

Some "lawyer" you are.
    I'm a good enough lawyer to understand that when you declassify something you should document that decision in writing. That way nobody has to rely only on the word of someone with very little credibility, such as Trump.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Thanks for that summary! Now I know what line I need to use so that I can fit in with the team I want to be on!
    Here's another one.

The right is saying that government transparency > government secrecy

The left is saying that government secrecy > government transparency

Choose your team wisely. We're not in 2012 anymore.

I'm a good enough lawyer to understand that when you declassify something you should document that decision in writing. That way nobody has to rely only on the word of someone with very little credibility, such as Trump.
    He did document it. He took the documents to his house.

IIRC Clinton gave up the material when asked. I could be remembering wrong. They declined to prosecute her. Trump wouldn't have been raided if he did the same.

If Clinton got a pass Trumo should as well. But they may nail him on this to prevent him from running again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    lol
    WAY WRONG.

Clinton Blamed Trump.

and Russians

and killed anyone else.

Gave up the material when asked? Is that what you remember? Hillary deleted the emails with bleachbit and had her cell phones smashed with a hammer.

Trump kept the documents at his home for 18 months.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If he had tried to do so, the FBI would have refused to carry out the order, with multiple resignations if he insisted, followed immediately by an impeachment trial that would have had the support of both parties.

Should he have done so anyway? Perhaps - there is a case to be made. But his Presidency would have been shorter than even William Henry Harrison.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

To date, Hillary is the Greatest Female President that didn't get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    To date, Hillary is the Greatest Female President that didn't get elected.
    Dodged a bullet with that one.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Dodged a bullet with that one.
    Who is a better POTUS Biden or HRC?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Who is a better POTUS Biden or HRC?
    Biden just does what his masters tell him to do.

HRC had "ambition".
    - Kim Kardashian

If he had tried to do so, the FBI would have refused to carry out the order, with multiple resignations if he insisted, followed immediately by an impeachment trial that would have had the support of both parties.

Should he have done so anyway? Perhaps - there is a case to be made. But his Presidency would have been shorter than even William Henry Harrison.
    I don't know if any of that is the case. But whether that be his reason for reneging on his campaign promise or something else was, he should have thought of it before making the promise.
    Ron Paul

I don't know if any of that is the case. But whether that be his reason for reneging on his campaign promise or something else was, he should have thought of it before making the promise.
    Fair point
    - Kim Kardashian

Too bad I don't have a nickel for every broken campaign promise.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now we have a mumbling dotard in the WH who, in spite of frailty of mind and body, is proving more capable than Trump was of overseeing an administration that will do to Trump what he was too chicken to do to Hillary
    Biden just does what his masters tell him to do.
    I doubt Biden's handlers would allow him to oversee so much as the flower arrangements in the Rose Garden. let alone taking down a former President.

We're never going to know the truth about this.

And of course Trump is not going to tell us, either, unless he gets a second term, then he might cough up some info.

We never got to find out what he was planning in a second term. That was made sure of.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast