Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI 'raided' Mar-a-Lago

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Beautiful, delicious division. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Seems to me that if Desantis was everything I'm told he is, he wouldn't be preparing to run for president of the U.S. He'd be running for President of Florida.
    Who said anything about DeSantis? JFC ...

And In any case, I haven't been told anything at all about him that makes me think he'd rather be POFL instead of POTUS.

If anything, I would expect the opposite is the case. But so what? If he can't or won't get with the program, then to hell with him, too.

I'm just going to appreciate the fact that a sitting state rep - one with whom I quite probably vehemently disagree, over a number of other things - is strongly advocating exactly the right sort of stance with regard to the feds (and I'm going to do it without trying to find something else to piss and moan about).

Sorry. Somehow I forgot that it was possible to mention Florida and not say his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

And In any case, I haven't been told anything at all about him that makes me think he'd rather be POFL instead of POTUS.

If anything, I would expect the opposite is the case. But so what? If he can't or won't get with the program, then to hell with him, too.

I'm just going to appreciate the fact that a sitting state rep - one with whom I quite probably vehemently disagree, over a number of other things - is strongly advocating exactly the right sort of stance with regard to the feds (and I'm going to do it without trying to find something else to piss and moan about).
    That's considered when you 'call a spade a spade.'

And even Ron Paul is able to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Even Jimmy gets it:

Jimmy is no fan of Trump, but a spade is a spade.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    FBI Raid on Trump Designed to Stop Him Running in 2024

Infowars | Paul Joseph Watson
    August 9th 2022

The FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate is specifically designed to stop him from running for president again in 2024, legal experts have concluded.

Trump’s Palm Beach property was raided by the feds last night as part of a supposed investigation into Trump taking classified documents when he left office.

The Biden Regime dubiously claimed it had no advance knowledge of the raid, which has overwhelmingly been characterized by Republicans as politically motivated.

According to legal experts, the raid is clearly intended to be part of an effort to charge Trump with mishandling White House records, which would stop him from being able to run for president in 2024.

“If Trump is convicted under this federal statute, he would be prohibited from holding any office including the office of the president,” said former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani.

“That would be huge,” he added.

Trump would face charges under US Code Title 18, Section 2071, which states, anyone who “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record,” faces a fine and up to three years in prison.

The provision mandates that the person responsible “shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

It's hilarious this is all so similar to one of Hillary's worst faux pas, right down to happening in the bathroom. If all this keeps Hillary from running again, I say it's tax dollars about as well spent as you can hope for.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

FBI Raid on Trump Designed to Stop Him Running in 2024

Infowars | Paul Joseph Watson
    August 9th 2022

The FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate is specifically designed to stop him from running for president again in 2024, legal experts have concluded.

Trump’s Palm Beach property was raided by the feds last night as part of a supposed investigation into Trump taking classified documents when he left office.

The Biden Regime dubiously claimed it had no advance knowledge of the raid, which has overwhelmingly been characterized by Republicans as politically motivated.

According to legal experts, the raid is clearly intended to be part of an effort to charge Trump with mishandling White House records, which would stop him from being able to run for president in 2024.

“If Trump is convicted under this federal statute, he would be prohibited from holding any office including the office of the president,” said former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani.

“That would be huge,” he added.

Trump would face charges under US Code Title 18, Section 2071, which states, anyone who “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record,” faces a fine and up to three years in prison.

The provision mandates that the person responsible “shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”
    Hmmm...eliminating opposing candidates, entrapment, seems to be a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What an interesting coincidence. Another interesting coincidence is that the FBI chief who was in charge of the Whitmer kidnapping plot was also in charge of the Trump Mar A Lago raid.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What an interesting coincidence. Another interesting coincidence is that the FBI chief who was in charge of the Whitmer kidnapping plot was also in charge of the Trump Mar A Lago raid.
    I wonder how long it would stay up if he were listed as a hatchet man on his Wiki page?

Yes, this is how it is done.

I can think of no better use of the proposed Florida State Guard than enforcing such a proposal...aside from standing guard at Mar-A-Lago perhaps.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Beautiful, delicious division. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving
    The nation's self segregation continues unabated.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Rep. Anthony Sabatini Calls for the Florida State Government to Break All Ties with the Department of Justice

The days of America operating like a respectable republic based on the rule of law ended with the FBI’s raid of former President Donald Trump’s residence in Mar-a-Lago on August 8, 2022.

Those who were led to believe that the FBI is a “neutral” and “impartial” institution received a hard dose of reality on this fateful day. Wishful thinking goes out the window when one stares down the barrel of gross tyranny
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Rep. Anthony Sabatini Calls for the Florida State Government to Break All Ties with the Department of Justice

The days of America operating like a respectable republic based on the rule of law ended with the FBI’s raid of former President Donald Trump’s residence in Mar-a-Lago on August 8, 2022.

Those who were led to believe that the FBI is a “neutral” and “impartial” institution received a hard dose of reality on this fateful day. Wishful thinking goes out the window when one stares down the barrel of gross tyranny
    He threw the right rock in the water. This is the splash we need to make.

Last edited by acptulsa; 08-09-2022 at 12:08 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/1WitchyChick/sta...34691416449025
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Armed Federal agents busted into former President Trump's Florida house last night, ostensibly to seek classified documents that were to be turned in to the National Archives. What's behind this unprecedented move? Also today: Biden sends Ukraine $4 billion...to help with their budget! And finally: media races to claim Biden chalking up victories. Why?

https://rumble.com/v1fd5z1-police-st...ump-house.html

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-10-2022 at 06:09 AM. Reason: fixed incorrect video code & added header

https://twitter.com/1WitchyChick/sta...34691416449025
    Bring it Tim...enough talk in a bag...say when.

I $#@!ing dare you.

If the following is true, then it may be "mission accomplished", and tossing him in the klink would just be extra gravy.

https://twitter.com/KenGardner11/sta...96742884474881
    https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim
    No, 18 U.S.C. § 2071 Cannot Disqualify Trump From The Presidency
    That statute disqualifies a person from "holding any office under the United States."
    https://reason.com/volokh/2022/08/08...he-presidency/
    Josh Blackman (08 August 2022)

According to reports, the FBI searched Mar-A-Lago as part of an investigation about the handling of classified documents. Will this be the action that finally stops Trump? Several progressive commentators gleefully pointed to 18 U.S.C. § 2071. It provides:

Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term "office" does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

If Trump is convicted of violating this statute, can he be disqualified from the presidency? No. And my colleague Seth Barrett Tillman wrote about this precise issue in 2015. At the time, conservative commentators, including former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, argued that Hillary Clinton could be disqualified from the presidency due to the storage of classified materials on her private email server. Seth explained that Mukasey's argument does not work.

Under Powell v. McCormack and U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton, Congress and the states cannot "add to the express textual qualifications for House and Senate seats in Article I." And that reasoning, Seth concluded, would seem to apply to the qualifications for the presidency in Article II. Several courts in the Seventh Circuit, and elsewhere, reached that same conclusion.

On this blog, Mukasey later admitted that Tillman was correct, and he was wrong:

[O]n reflection . . . Professor Tillman's [analysis] is spot on, and mine was mistaken. . . . The disqualification provision in Section 2071 may be a measure of how seriously Congress took the violation in question, and how seriously we should take it, but that's all it is.

Tonight, Charlie Savage of the New York Times recounted this history in an article on the Trump search.

Some Republicans were briefly entranced with whether the law could keep Mrs. Clinton out of the White House, including Michael Mukasey, a former attorney general in the administration of George W. Bush. So was at least one conservative think tank.

But in considering that situation, several legal scholars — including Seth B. Tillman of Maynouth University in Ireland and Eugene Volokh of the University of California, Los Angeles — noted that the Constitution sets eligibility criteria for who can be president, and argued that Supreme Court rulings suggest Congress cannot alter it. The Constitution allows Congress to disqualify people from holding office in impeachment proceedings, but grants no such power for ordinary criminal law.

Mr. Volokh later reported on his blog that Mr. Mukasey — who is also a former federal judge — wrote that "upon reflection," Mr. Mukasey had been mistaken and Mr. Tillman's analysis was "spot on." (Mrs. Clinton was never charged with any crime related to her use of the server.)

Once again, Tillman rebuts an argument that conservatives favored as a way to get Clinton, that liberals now favor as a way to get Trump. There is nothing new under the sun.

Back in 2015, Seth did not have to make the argument that the Presidency is not an "office under the United States" for purposes of Section 2071. But Seth and I did consider another statute, 18 U.S.C. § 2383, which also disqualifies a person from "holding any office under the United States." In an article published shortly after the inauguration, we addressed what happens if the Biden administration prosecutes and convicts Trump of insurrection. That article is suddenly relevant to our present moment.

Also, this whole law business about concealing documents. Isn't that just a factor if it's the only copy of said documents ? As a mere question of law, not specifically related to this case, I'm just interested what the actual deal is.
    "I am a bird"

This is just as relevant now as it was when it came out (3.5 years ago):

It's Time to Fire the FBI: A Rant
    Quick, what's the Russian word for 'Bureaucratic Redundancy'?
    https://odysee.com/@RazorFist:1/it-s...e-fbi-a-rant:8

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Also, this whole law business about concealing documents. Isn't that just a factor if it's the only copy of said documents ? As a mere question of law, not specifically related to this case, I'm just interested what the actual deal is.
    Not necessarily, where national security is concerned.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The Judge is great, but at this point, he has been through the FBI wringer, and that has to effect his ability to speak freely.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1557122449833172993

The Judge is great, but at this point, he has been through the FBI wringer, and that has to effect his ability to speak freely.
    I must not have been paying attention. What you talking about
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Seems likely, all considered
    - Kim Kardashian

Breitbart:

Sen. Marsha Blackburn Blasts FBI for Raiding Trump but Not Obama, Clinton
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...obama-clinton/

Thomas Massie: A President Just Raided a Former President, His Political Opponent
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ical-opponent/

Republicans Blast ‘Weaponization’ of FBI Against Trump: ‘Imagine What 87K More IRS Agents Will Do to You’
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...7k-irs-agents/

Kevin McCarthy Announces Merrick Garland Under Investigation: ‘Preserve Your Documents and Clear Your Calendar'
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...your-calendar/

Hawley: Attorney General Merrick Garland ‘Must Resign’ After Raid on Trump’s Home
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...d-trumps-home/
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 08-09-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Most people on this cannot see past their political bias blinders.

Fact is, it has nothing to do with political bias, either way. Trump knew for months they could do this. Did he set it up with Wray tipping him off ? Or did Wray not tip him off ? That matters. What else matters is that documents belonging to the United States are not the property of Donald J. Trump, they are the property of the United States. We can be sober-minded about this, and perceptive, or we can be mentally abused for political purposes, and that swings both ways. Don't be used. All I'm saying.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I must not have been paying attention. What you talking about
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6978848

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast