Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI 'raided' Mar-a-Lago

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Most people on this cannot see past their political bias blinders.

Fact is, it has nothing to do with political bias, either way. Trump knew for months they could do this. Did he set it up with Wray tipping him off ? Or did Wray not tip him off ? That matters. What else matters is that documents belonging to the United States are not the property of Donald J. Trump, they are the property of the United States. We can be sober-minded about this, and perceptive, or we can be mentally abused for political purposes, and that swings both ways. Don't be used. All I'm saying.
    I see you haven't been paying attention for the last couple of years. Trump has been attacked repeatedly ever since he was elected President and after. Now the attacks are ramping up just as he's about to announce a 2024 run.

Anti-Trump Lawyer Spills the Beans: Mar-a-Lago Raid Seeks to Keep Trump From Running in 2024
    https://thenewamerican.com/anti-trum...nning-in-2024/
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    I see you haven't been paying attention for the last couple of years. Trump has been attacked repeatedly ever since he was elected President and after. Now the attacks are ramping up just as he's about to announce a 2024 run.

Anti-Trump Lawyer Spills the Beans: Mar-a-Lago Raid Seeks to Keep Trump From Running in 2024

Classified documents are not the personal property of Donald Trump. They are the property of the United States. The DOJ has been very patient with Trump. It took him a full year to turn over 15 boxes of documents that were not his to legally withhold. Saying Crooked Hillary did it with her e-mails and furniture doesn't cut it. All his private communications were kept private. Fine, and I'm for that. But had already torn up documents, while staff had to tape them back together. Some were never recovered. I believe in his right to privacy even while president, but I'm not going to defend Trump carte blanche like most of his loyalists are so willing to do. I'll leave a little bit of that Kool-Aid in the glass if you don't mind. We're not talking about a guy who advanced many real truths or solved any mysteries for us. He is a player. Don't kid yourself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ed/ar-AA10ui3r
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ar-a-lago-raid
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Classified documents are not the personal property of Donald Trump. They are the property of the United States. The DOJ has been very patient with Trump. It took him a full year to turn over 15 boxes of documents that were not his to legally withhold. Saying Crooked Hillary did it with her e-mails and furniture doesn't cut it. All his private communications were kept private. Fine, and I'm for that. But had already torn up documents, while staff had to tape them back together. Some were never recovered. I believe in his right to privacy even while president, but I'm not going to defend Trump carte blanche like most of his loyalists are so willing to do. I'll leave a little bit of that Kool-Aid in the glass if you don't mind. We're not talking about a guy who advanced many real truths or solved any mysteries for us. He is a player. Don't kid yourself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ed/ar-AA10ui3r
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ar-a-lago-raid
    The thing is, they've already been busted fabricating evidence against Trump with the fake dossier. Who is to say they aren't doing it again?

You want to investigate Trump go ahead, but you'll need to find someone with an ounce of credibility left to head such an investigation, because it looks to me like they're just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks at this point.

And doing more to make a martyr out of the man every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Freedom caucus?

GOP Rep. Scott Perry says FBI seized his cell phone

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...is-cell-phone/

Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) says that the FBI confiscated his cell phone after three agents approached him while he was traveling with his family on Tuesday.

Perry, chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, told Fox News in a statement that he was handed a warrant as agents requested the device, just one day after the FBI executed a search warrant at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

It is not clear what the FBI is allegedly looking for in Perry’s cell phone. The agency declined to comment on the matter, as did the Department of Justice (DOJ). Perry’s office did not immediately return a request for comment.

“This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone. They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress,” Perry said in a statement to Fox News. “My phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends. None of this is the government’s business.”

“[A]s with President Trump last night, DOJ chose this unnecessary and aggressive action instead of simply contacting my attorneys. These kinds of banana republic tactics should concern every Citizen — especially considering the decision before Congress this week to hire 87,000 new IRS agents to further persecute law-abiding Citizens,” the Perry statement said.

Perry has been the subject of scrutiny by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack at the Capitol. The committee issued a subpoena to Perry, but he has refused to cooperate with the panel.

The committee’s subpoena said that Perry was “directly involved” with efforts to make Department of Justice attorney Jeffrey Clark the acting attorney general. Clark was a key figure in Trump’s election fraud probes that other administration officials balked at.

The committee has also said that Perry was one of several House Republicans who sought a pardon from Trump, which he has denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Is there an echo in here?
    Yeah, that's what it sounds like when at least two people aren't knee-jerking morons.

This is all such a "trust me bro" story. Not a shred of evidence presented that it even happened outside of a few "trust me bro" statements from known liars.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-09-2022 at 06:23 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Freedom caucus?
    Freedom isn't popular (at the DOJ and FBI).

Remember this? Just a trial run....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-and-John-Tate
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So soon we forget...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    First they came for Kokesh, now they have come for Benton and Tate...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rally in Florida.. (nostalgia)

Cuban Gal is highly entertaining on several levels.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Think Trump will reconsider his worship of LEOs ?

another view.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

fixed incorrect video code & added header
    Thanks, I owe you a rep.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The globalist left establishment has no qualms about turning the US into another Ukraine, Syria, Sri Lanka or any other devastated nation.
    Don't doubt for a second that a part of the strategy here by Biden, Garland and friends is to inflame Americans into doing something that they can call another insurrection. Declaring martial law is always a preferred option for the totalitarians.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

https://twitter.com/KennedyNation/st...59309259296769

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-09-2022 at 11:46 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Think Trump will reconsider his worship of LEOs ?
    He damn well better.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I see you haven't been paying attention for the last couple of years.
    It doesn't matter how little attention a person pays. There's no escape. The Victimization of Trump is shoved down our throats by every telescreen the Ministry of Truth can send a signal to. Nobody gets to tune out. It's the most publicized theater ever. Nobody can escape knowing the next plot twist of this soap opera.

You people really have no idea how much like progs you really are. When someone says something to them, they say, you must not be paying attention. Something is wrong with you. We're all repeating what CNN said seven times this very morning. If you can't do that, you must be stupid. If you just won't do it, you must be The Other Side (if you think there are more than two sides to any issue, there is something wrong with you). Free thinking? Never work. Nobody's following free thinkers this year, they might lead us somewhere we actually want to be.

And you people? Substitute three letters, substitute Fox for CNN, and I just described you.

You see I haven't been paying attention. You just used the Liberal Cliché of the Millennium. You weren't paying attention, or you'd have noticed no one ordered up a big, fat plate of smarmy.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-10-2022 at 05:47 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It doesn't matter how little attention a person pays. There's no escape. The Victimization of Trump is shoved down our throats by every telescreen the Ministry of Truth can send a signal to. Nobody gets to tune out. It's the most publicized theater ever. Nobody can escape knowing the next plot twist of this soap opera.

You people really have no idea how much like progs you really are. When someone says something to them, they say, you must not be paying attention. Something is wrong with you. We're all repeating what CNN said seven times this very morning. If you can't do that, you must be stupid. If you just won't do it, you must be The Other Side (if you think there are more than two sides to any issue, there is something wrong with you). Free thinking? Never work. Nobody's following free thinkers this year, they might lead us somewhere we actually want to be.

And you people? Substitute three letters, substitute Fox for CNN, and I just described you.

You see I haven't been paying attention. You just used the Liberal Cliché of the Millennium. You weren't paying attention, or you'd have noticed no one ordered up a big, fat plate of smarmy.
    Do you suppose it is possible that someone could come to the same conclusion as Fox anchors without actually having watched Fox?

As soon as I heard about the FBI searching the Don's house, I thought, "man, they really, really don't want that guy running again." Lo and behold, Fox is running headlines that the raid is just politically-motivated shenanigans intended to keep Trump from running in 2024.

Maybe Fox news is copying my thoughts.

Or maybe it's just possible that two people could come up with the same conclusion . . . if they've been paying attention for the past few years.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Do you suppose it is possible that someone could come to the same conclusion as Fox anchors without actually having watched Fox?
    Of course they can. They don't generally pop up and say, "I see you haven't been paying attention," however.

Or maybe it's just possible that two people could come up with the same conclusion . . . if they've been paying attention for the past few years.
    Those who pay attention don't have to come up with any conclusion at all. All that work is for people who don't pay attention. People who pay attention are rewarded with a fine sounding conclusion, prepackaged, presented to them with just enough subtlety that a surprising number of them think they thought of it themselves.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-10-2022 at 06:05 AM.

Here’s the lowdown on the FBI raid of Trump’s home….and more!

We have a somewhat in-depth account of what took place during the FBI raid of Trump’s home, including details of the search warrant.

In short, the search warrant focused solely on collecting presidential records and classified material for the National Archives and Trump’s lawyers were not allowed to monitor what the agents were doing.

Here’s more via Miranda Devine at the New York Post:

FBI agents scoured Melania Trump’s wardrobe and spent several hours combing through Donald Trump’s private office, breaking open his safe and rifling through drawers when they raided the former First Family’s Mar-a-Lago home in Florida Monday morning.

The Post has learned that the search warrant used by the FBI to enter the palatial Palm Beach property focused solely on presidential records and evidence of classified information being stored there.

A source close to the former president expressed concern that FBI agents or DOJ lawyers conducting the search could have “planted stuff” because they would not allow Trump’s attorneys inside the 128-room building to observe the operation, which lasted more than nine hours.

The raid by over 30 plain clothes agents from the Southern District of Florida and the FBI’s Washington Field Office extended through the Trump family’s entire 3,000-square-foot private quarters, as well as to a separate office and safe, and a locked basement storage room in which 15 cardboard boxes of material from the White House were stored.

Feds arrived at 9 a.m. and didn’t leave until 6:30 p.m.

An eyewitness to the raid said all of the boxes were confiscated by federal agents Monday, but it is unknown if anything else was taken as no itemized list of items was provided by the FBI.

The boxes contain documents and mementos from Trump’s presidency, reportedly including letters from Barack Obama and Kim Jong Un, and other correspondence with world leaders.

A legal source said that the boxes had been packed up by the General Services Administration and shipped to Mar-a-Lago when Trump left office in January 2020.

Trump’s attorneys, led by Evan Corcoran, had been cooperating fully with federal authorities on the return of the documents to the National Archives and Records Administration, according to sources.

In June, Corcoran granted access into Mar-a-Lago’s windowless storage room to FBI agents who spent several hours searching through the boxes. Trump stopped by the basement to say hello at one point, says someone who was there.

The FBI would not have executed a warrant without notifying the Secret Service first, according to a retired high ranking USSS agent.

“USSS legal counsel probably would’ve directed [them] to see copy of warrant and then step back.”

Once inside the air-conditioned, white marble-clad private quarters, agents fanned out to search every room, while shocked staff were instructed by Trump’s lawyers to unlock doors and provide the FBI access to every room, including the sumptuous Versailles Master Bedroom, renovated by Melania two years ago.

Another group of agents, including a professional safe cracker, moved to a separate part of the enormous 1924 Spanish stucco building to search Trump’s office and safe.

The demeanor of the three DOJ lawyers who accompanied the FBI was described by one eyewitness as “arrogant,” and they repeatedly told Trump representatives: “We have full access to everything. We can go everywhere.”

The White House is claiming that Biden knew nothing about the raid, but Ari Flesicher says there’s every reason not to believe them:

Continue reading...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Of course they can. They don't generally pop up and say, "I see you haven't been paying attention," however.

Those who pay attention don't have to come up with any conclusion at all. All that work is for people who don't pay attention. People who pay attention are rewarded with a fine sounding conclusion, prepackaged, presented to them with just enough subtlety that a surprising number of them think they thought of it themselves.
    You sound more and more like PAF.

No one can come up with an original conclusion except you, I guess.

Next comes the RPF d*ck-measuring contest to see who has the mostest originalest ideas and that road leads to insanity.

FWIW I don't know why they're going after Trump so hard (if he gave them so much of what they wanted), but it's clear to me they don't want him to be president again. I just happen to hate *them* more than I hate Trump so he lucks out in this case.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-10-2022 at 06:33 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

FWIW I don't know why they're going after Trump so hard, but it's clear to me they don't want him to be president again.
    Yes, you know why they're going after Trump so hard. As much lying as they've done, they can no longer just tell people lies and be believed. They have to lie with their actions to get people to believe, to say it's "clear", that their lies are true.

Did they come in the middle of the night with an MRAP and flash-bang grenades? Why not?

Just not so "clear" to me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-10-2022 at 06:37 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, is a Republican. He has it in his power to act in such a way as to challenge the Leftists who seek all power, including that serially ceded to them by Republicans. He could use the power he has as the governor of the state in which the Orange Fail resides to protect the Orange Fail from the Leftist who engineered his fail. Who will also engineer the failure of DeSantis, if he fails to act rather than talk.

He has already done this as regards the “masks” and the “vaccines” – two things the Orange Man failed to act on (or acted complicity). Florida became a literal sanctuary city for people who saw through the Kabuki and understood the evil behind “masking.” Who objected to being all-but-gunpointed into submitting to medical experimentation like so many disposable lab rats.

DeSantis acted heroically, which accounts for his popularity among people desperate for sound action rather than sound – and not much fury. If he acts now, he could become even more popular. Perhaps popular enough to be a force the Left would have to reckon with. A force powerful enough to put the failures of the Orange Man behind us and coalesce around success.

There is a venerable – and honorable – tradition of such action that Republicans might try to remember. Thomas Jefferson explicated such action in the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions he co-authored with James Madison. That action was nullification of actions taken that were contrary to the plain language and obvious intent of the Constitution. In the original context, the call to action was directed at the loathsome Alien and Sedition acts enacted by the regime of John Adams, which criminalized opposition to the Adams regime, styled “seditious” by the acts.

Has it got a familiar, January sixth-ish ring?

The Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions held that state governments not only had no obligation to enforce unconstitutional federal edicts but a duty to oppose them. These Resolutions were, arguably, the first rhetorical shot in what eventually became the War for Southern Independence, which has since been styled the “Civil War” by the victors – notwithstanding the fact that the Southern states never sought to seize control of the federal government – the critical element that defines a civil war.

Rather, the Southern states attempted to act upon the principles articulated by Jefferson and Madison in 1798 – viz, that when federal authority swells beyond constitutional bounds and by dint of that becomes abusive, per se, it is no longer legitimate authority. Had the federal government refrained from asserting unconstitutional authority – specifically, the authority to tax, via onerous tariffs, which was the issue at hand, not slavery – the Southern states would likely have not attempted to leave the “union” each of them had voluntarily and freely joined in 1787.

It is tragic that this check on abusive action perished from the earth – to borrow a neat phrase from the man who was directly responsible for its perishing – for we now face the prospect of a scorched earth, resulting from 157 years of pent-up pressure and serial failure by “conservatives” to conserve anything.

Perhaps DeSantis will listen to the admonitions of men who did act, such as Jefferson and Madison.

Declare that Florida will not enforce or abide unconstitutional acts by the federal government. Such action might just spread.

And that would beat Hell out of all this talking.
    Has Desantis even bothered to tell the state legislature, pass Anthony Sabatini's bill and I'll sign it?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-10-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Certainly not a distraction from the Inflation Reduction Act.

This is the kind of thing people say when they know something was to be found.

Or, he really could be targeted and victimised. But still, for a president to insinuate that the US government would plant
    evidence on him to set him up is a first. Even if he suspected they would do this, it should not be said publicly. The only
    reason to say it is in preparation for something bad. It is an historic insult.

I never liked the Wray appointment. I thought it said something about Trump or that he was coerced into it.
    Then, the Las Vegas shooting coverup made me sure. Wray is straight out of the Bush clan with likely
    Skull & Bones membership or at the very least very close ties to them. But Trump shouldn't have said this. Not yet.
    Something ain't right... what does he know was there ?

Trump accuses FBI of ‘planting’ evidence in Mar-a-Lago raid with sly statement

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-accuses...135052764.html
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Any good psyop needs enough details for people to get lost in them, lest they otherwise have time to think it through and say, who cares? He's just a crooked New York Democrat.

This is the kind of thing people say when they know something was to be found.

Or, he really could be targeted and victimised. But still, for a president to insinuate that the US government would plant
    evidence on him to set him up is a first. Even if he suspected they would do this, it should not be said publicly. The only
    reason to say it is in preparation for something bad. It is an historic insult.

I never liked the Wray appointment. I thought it said something about Trump or that he was coerced into it.
    Then, the Las Vegas shooting coverup made me sure. Wray is straight out of the Bush clan with likely
    Skull & Bones membership or at the very least very close ties to them. But Trump shouldn't have said this. Not yet.
    Something ain't right... what does he know was there ?

Trump accuses FBI of ‘planting’ evidence in Mar-a-Lago raid with sly statement

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-accuses...135052764.html
    More like Trump is a well known liar, drama queen and instigator of political turmoil.

Any good psyop needs enough details for people to get lost in them, lest they otherwise have time to think it through and say, who cares? He's just a crooked New York Democrat.
    And people change, and his record stands for all people to see. Not forgiving, acptulsa? You know what it says in the Good Book about those who are not forgiving?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast