Thread: Alex First

Alex First

Alex First

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022/08/08/alex-first/

By eric - August 8, 2022

It is not easy to defend an important principle embodied in the person of a questionable man.

Once upon a time, when it still pretended to have the principles it advertised, the American Civil Liberties Union would defend free speech, due process and other such important principles, even if the man involved in the particulars was personally repellent. It was understood the principle at issue mattered far more than the incidental person because principles apply to every person.

If one person can be denied due process, then every person’s due process rights are threatened. If one person’s right to speak freely is punished then no one’s right to speak freely is sacrosanct.

The Left – as embodied by the ACLU – never had those principles, as evidenced by the fact they have been abandoned now that they are no longer useful.

This is key to understanding the Left, whose only unwavering principle is the acquisition of power by any means. Once having acquired it, the principles used as pretexts to obtain it can be discarded, along with the “useful idiots” – Lenin’s term – who were idiotic enough to take the Left at its word.

This brings us to the Alex Jones business. Which is repeat business.

Some may recall that Jones was among the first to be targeted by the Left – now institutionalized; the embodiment of the “Man” (now non-binary and blue-haired) that the Left once railed against, but only because the prior “Man” wasn’t their “Man”. Or “woman,” as the case might be.

He was de-platformed and de-monetized by institutional Leftism, the corporations that own and control the “mainstream” media, including “social” media as well as the financial institutions tied into them.

They took Jones’ videos down. They banned him from Facebook and Twitter – the same “platforms” the institutionalized Left uses to spread the very “misinformation” they claimed was the basis for banning Jones. As for example the true information about “vaccines” that – as it turns out – don’t immunize.

But do impart myocarditis.

It is easy to not like Jones, the man. He is personally obnoxious, endlessly mercenary. He appears to have made a great deal of money, in the manner of a television evangelist. He is not everyone’s cup of tea.

If so, don’t “drink” him.

No one was forced to watch his videos or compelled to send him money – as opposed to the government, which compels you to send it money in order to force you to pay for NPR, for instance – which many find just as obnoxious as Alex.

The point here being that Alex, the man, is incidental. His “de-platforming” and “de-monetizing” wasn’t about him, except incidentally. It was an expression of the principle that anyone the Left decides it doesn’t like can be – will be – treated similarly by the organs of institutional Leftism.

And so they have been. Are being. This being what is styled “cancel culture,” now very much a “thing.” An offhanded Tweet, an ancient high school photo. The deliberately misconstrued malaprop. It can be anything – so long as it is something – since to the Left the only thing that matters is cancelling anyone who questions the Left and thereby conveying the message to anyone who might be considering questioning it.

Don’t even think about it.

Heterodoxy cannot be tolerated because it represents a threat to the consolidating – the already consolidated – power of the Left, which is now institutionalized and reactionary. The very thing the useful idiots who served the Left (i.e., the average man-on-the-street Leftist, the well-meaning liberal, as these people like to think of themselves) once thought they were fighting when they fought for free speech as young people back in the ’60s, abortion rights, opposed the draft and for decriminalizing the possession, use and sale of arbitrarily illegal “drugs” the then-Man did not like.

The ’80s-era Soviet KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov had some interestingly premonitory things to say about this, but few listened to him at the time and now – here we are.

Which brings us back to Alex, again. And closer to us, too.

De-platforming and de-monetizing him wasn’t enough.

He has been convicted – in court – of claiming that the 2012 school shooting in Sandy Hook, CT was a “hoax.” The jury awarded his supposed “victims” $4.1 million in compensatory damages and an additional $45.2 million in punitive damages, for a total just shy of $50 million dollars.

For what, again?

Jones said things his putative “victims” didn’t like. You know, like the things the American Nazi Party said, once-upon-a-time, which many people also did not like – but their right to say them strenuously defended by the ACLU-Left.

While it suited.

Jones, himself, didn’t do anything to his putative “victims.” Apparently, some of the people who listened to what Jones said did things – such as make harassing phone calls, sent death threats, etc., to parents of kids killed in the shooting.

Jones was held responsible for what these people did.

Very much of a piece with the attempt to hold gun manufacturers “accountable” for what some people do with the guns they made (no one – yet – talks of holding Chevrolet “accountable” for the misuse of a Corvette they made, much less the government for encouraging people to buy fire-prone electric cars).

But this is all incidental.

It is not what Jones said about Sandy Hook. It is what others might say, going forward – about anything the institutional Left does not like. As for example that the “vaccines” being pushed on people are both harmful and ineffective, insofar as they do not prevent people from getting or spreading sickness and thus are not vaccines, properly speaking.

Speaking of which: Why no trials for the people who lied about these “vaccines,” such as Deborah Birx – the Scarf Lady – and the Little Doctor? These people didn’t just say things. They did things. To tens of millions of actual victims.

Ah, but what they did the Left does not dislike – and so they are free to continue doing them.

Everyone understands the situation.

If you say things the institutionalized Left likes, you are good. Literally and figuratively. You will be rewarded and encouraged.

If you say anything the institutionalized Left dislikes, you will be broke.

What happened to Jones is a big picture prequel of what is going to happen to us all, if the Left succeeds in implementing the “social credit” panopticon it intends to impose upon us all. Overwhelming – and disproportionate – sanctions.

Not for the doing but the saying. Maybe even the thinking.

Jones himself may have served to further just that purpose, not incidentally. A man who is easy to dislike, easier to lampoon. Which makes it easier to lampoon some of the truths he did tell and to tar-by-association anyone else who tries to tell them.

That, of course, is just another conspiracy theory.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Eric Peters a member of RPFs? Inquiring Mind wants to know.

I still reluctantly support Alex Jones right to lie and say stupid $#@!. You have to if you want to live in a free country.

It is easy to not like Jones, the man. He is personally obnoxious, endlessly mercenary. He appears to have made a great deal of money, in the manner of a television evangelist. He is not everyone’s cup of tea.

If so, don’t “drink” him.
    ^^^ THIS is the whole point.

The psychotic globalists are using Alex Jones as a punching-bag to demonstrate their "powers" and chill dissidence against the maggot-eating, WEF Antichrist-World-Order. Alex Jones is not everybody's cup-of-tea. He is an entertainer in the style of any radio shock-jock; he has described himself as an entertainer; he has been legally classified as an entertainer. I am not directly commenting on the SH event or Jones's reaction to it, but the key is that they want to show their "nuclear power" (they have used the word "nuclear" to describe their illegal default verdict against Jones) as a way of flexing on the kind of dissidents who listen to Alex Jones or could, in their mind, listen to him. That would include anybody who reads or posts on RPF, except the token Marxist masochists who visit the forum for reasons known only to them.

Whether or not you listen to Alex Jones, you are the target-audience of the Alex Jones lawfare campaign. I don't listen to him, except for interviews of him on other shows. But I know that the trial is meant to cause me to think twice about what I post here and elsewhere on the Internet. I already think a lot more than just twice about what I post. But the point is that this is why they are making an example of Alex Jones...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Best of luck to AJ, but it's time to move on

Would love to see a less emotional, more accurate "infowars" like platform

Would even buy some vitamins etc etc from them

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

If I am not mistaken his platform had/has more than AJ. In fact I think the reason he is in trouble is not because of what he did or say but what he allowed someone else to do or say on his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If I am not mistaken his platform had/has more than AJ. In fact I think the reason he is in trouble is not because of what he did or say but what he allowed someone else to do or say on his platform.
    No.. It was for what he said.
    He said Sandy Hook was a HOAX.. and no kids were killed..

Questioning the Official reports is one thing,,, Making such a Statement without a shred of proof,,, was a step too far.
    Especially when that statement affects other people lives.

He hit the Wall.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No.. It was for what he said.
    He said Sandy Hook was a HOAX.. and no kids were killed..

Questioning the Official reports is one thing,,, Making such a Statement without a shred of proof,,, was a step too far.
    Especially when that statement affects other people lives.

He hit the Wall.
    Apparently it was mostly about what Owen Shroyer said.

From what I recall, AJ was saying the shooting was real for several weeks. But his listeners kept calling in and hounding him with evidence that it was fake.

He finally gave in and had some guests on to present the evidence. He made some statements that sounded bad, out of context, but I haven't heard anything he said in context that sounds like he was totally convinced the whole thing was a hoax.

It sounded more like what Joe Rogan does when he has a guest on, he summarizes his guest's talking points and expounds on them a little to help lead them in the discussion. AJ did it with a little more bravado.

The idea that AJ was the leader of the Sandy Hook truthers is nonsense. They were numerous, and around from day 1, and were calling AJ a traitor and a fake for not buying into it.

I have no idea what happened, but would I be shocked if some or all of the parents were in on it? Many of them had been gun control activists in the past. Sometimes kids die of a horrible disease. Sometimes they move to a mansion on a desert island. I don't put anything past the elites.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Left – as embodied by the ACLU – never had those principles, as evidenced by the fact they have been abandoned now that they are no longer useful.

This is key to understanding the Left, whose only unwavering principle is the acquisition of power by any means. Once having acquired it, the principles used as pretexts to obtain it can be discarded, along with the “useful idiots” – Lenin’s term – who were idiotic enough to take the Left at its word.
    By Any Means Necessary (BAMN). Lie, cheat, steal and kill. Rules for radicals. That is the truth behind the lies.

The point here being that Alex, the man, is incidental. His “de-platforming” and “de-monetizing” wasn’t about him, except incidentally. It was an expression of the principle that anyone the Left decides it doesn’t like can be – will be – treated similarly by the organs of institutional Leftism.
    It is not what Jones said about Sandy Hook. It is what others might say, going forward – about anything the institutional Left does not like. As for example that the “vaccines” being pushed on people are both harmful and ineffective, insofar as they do not prevent people from getting or spreading sickness and thus are not vaccines, properly speaking.

Speaking of which: Why no trials for the people who lied about these “vaccines,” such as Deborah Birx – the Scarf Lady – and the Little Doctor? These people didn’t just say things. They did things. To tens of millions of actual victims.

Ah, but what they did the Left does not dislike – and so they are free to continue doing them.

Everyone understands the situation.

If you say things the institutionalized Left likes, you are good. Literally and figuratively. You will be rewarded and encouraged.

If you say anything the institutionalized Left dislikes, you will be broke.
    Exactly. A case like this would seem to be a precedent, but it isn't. The left will continue to do whatever it wants. Calls for violence, and performing that violence will still be tolerated. Any Democrat politician can call for riots and destruction, or harassment of opposition politicians that lead to actual violence and assignation attempts. That will all be kosher. No penalties when doing the work of the left establishment.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

Well, that misses the entire point of the OP article. It is not about Alex Jones. It is about a system of totalitarian political oppression, being implemented before our eyes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    By Any Means Necessary (BAMN). Lie, cheat, steal and kill. Rules for radicals. That is the truth behind the lies.

Exactly. A case like this would seem to be a precedent, but it isn't. The left will continue to do whatever it wants. Calls for violence, and performing that violence will still be tolerated. Any Democrat politician can call for riots and destruction, or harassment of opposition politicians that lead to actual violence and assignation attempts. That will all be kosher. No penalties when doing the work of the left establishment.
    Imagine 1/6 was in 2012 and Obama had lost re-election and called for patriots to come to the capital and what happened took place then.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Imagine 1/6 was in 2012 and Obama had lost re-election and called for patriots to come to the capital and what happened took place then.
    Pretty clearly, the capital would have been burned to the ground. Antifa and BLM have made that perfectly clear.