Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Trump Wants Revenge — That’s Why He’s the Man for 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Massie is being an idiot.
    He's being accurate.

From sitting on his butt for over 3 hours watching TV while his goon supporters stormed the Capitol, to urging Pence to do something that he had no authority to do which, after Pence refused to do it, caused some of the goons to call for Pence's death, Trump demonstrated that he violated his oath and is unfit to be President.

Of course the Trump lemmings think he can walk on water and crap flowers, so an oath is irrelevant.

But is is nice to see a GOP legislator take Trump to task instead of waiting in line with almost all of the rest of them so he can kiss Trump's butt. Thank you, Mr. Massie.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Trump increased spending a lot more than Obama, even before the pandemic.

Obama (in trillions)

Trump
    That is a really damning list of numbers for the deplorables.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    He's being accurate.

From sitting on his butt for over 3 hours watching TV while his goon supporters stormed the Capitol, to urging Pence to do something that he had no authority to do which, after Pence refused to do it, caused some of the goons to call for Pence's death, Trump demonstrated that he violated his oath and is unfit to be President.

Of course the Trump lemmings think he can walk on water and crap flowers, so an oath is irrelevant.
    LOL its only when people are "storming the capitol" that people like you care about the "oath".

Hint: he broke the oath on day 1 of office, as did every other President in modern history
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    He's being accurate.

But is is nice to see a GOP legislator take Trump to task instead of waiting in line with almost all of the rest of them so he can kiss Trump's butt. Thank you, Mr. Massie.
    LOL

You have been watching the MSM and actually believe them.

Everything you said is wrong and so is Massie.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Great swaths of the voting public are plainly supporting Trump and his henchmen and battle maids now.

If you turn your back on this overwhelming swath of voters by voting 3rd Party or abstaining, you deserve to be led by the Bolsheviks.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Great swaths of the voting public are plainly supporting Trump and his henchmen and battle maids now.

If you turn your back on this overwhelming swath of voters by voting 3rd Party or abstaining, you deserve to be led by the Bolsheviks.
    If they are such an "overwhelming swath", then 3rd party voters or abstainers cannot make any difference, and are therefore irrelevant.

But if 3rd party voters or abstainers can make a difference, then the "swath" to which you are referring obviously cannot be "overwhelming".

Words have meanings. You don't get to have it both ways.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    If they are such an "overwhelming swath", then 3rd party voters or abstainers cannot make any difference, and are therefore irrelevant.

But if 3rd party voters or abstainers can make a difference, then the "swath" to which you are referring obviously cannot be "overwhelming".

Words have meanings. You don't get to have it both ways.
    You are ignoring the need for overwhelming the fraud.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are ignoring the need for overwhelming the fraud.
    This is non-responsive.

If 3rd party voters or abstainers are impotent and irrelevant, then you don't need their help in "overwhelming the fraud" (or for anything else).

But if you need their help in "overwhelming the fraud" (or for anything else), then they cannot be impotent or irrelevant.

Pick one. It can't be both.

You say it can't. But The (political) Science® says it can.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This is non-responsive.

If 3rd party voters or abstainers are impotent and irrelevant, then you don't need their help in "overwhelming the fraud" (or for anything else).

But if you need their help in "overwhelming the fraud" (or for anything else), then they cannot be impotent or irrelevant.

Just by the numbers, abstainers did overwhelm whatever fraud there was in 2020.

If more of those abstainers had voted, then the margin by which abstainers would have overwhelmed the fraud would only have been smaller.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. Although it was very close, using eligible voter numbers, 2020 was the first time in my life that the official tally showed more voters voting for one of the candidates than those who voted for none of the above (i.e. abstainers). We need to do better next time and have more people abstain so we can overwhelm the fraud. None of the above could still claim a win in 2020 based on voting age population numbers, but we should be able to do better than that.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 08-18-2022 at 06:02 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

This is non-responsive.

On their own they are both.
    Only by helping to defeat the fraud can they avoid it.
    Without the fraud they would be both.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Just by the numbers, abstainers did overwhelm whatever fraud there was in 2020.

If more of those abstainers had voted, then the margin by which abstainers would have overwhelmed the fraud would only have been smaller.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. Although it was very close, using eligible voter numbers, 2020 was the first time in my life that the official tally showed more voters voting for one of the candidates than those who voted for none of the above (i.e. abstainers). We need to do better next time and have more people abstain so we can overwhelm the fraud. None of the above could still claim a win in 2020 based on voting age population numbers, but we should be able to do better than that.
    You mean you wish them to enable the fraud by reducing the margin of fraud required.
    The fraud in 2020 was forced to be so extreme and provable because Trump cured the apathy of so may people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You mean you wish them to enable the fraud by reducing the margin of fraud required.
    The fraud in 2020 was forced to be so extreme and provable because Trump cured the apathy of so may people.

‘[C]ured the apathy”? Seems like I’ve heard that said before, much more truthfully, about some other guy. Ron something? Give me a minute. It’ll come to me.

Ron on steroids? The transmogrification of Trump into some kind of “New and Improved” Ron Paul continues. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

SMGDH
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    ‘[C]ured the apathy”? Seems like I’ve heard that said before, much more truthfully, about some other guy. Ron something? Give me a minute. It’ll come to me.

Ron on steroids? The transmogrification of Trump into some kind of “New and Improved” Ron Paul continues. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

SMGDH
    Trump got more votes than Ron ever did, you don't have to like it, but you have to deal with it.
    Trump connected with people better than Ron.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump got more votes than Ron ever did, you don't have to like it, but you have to deal with it.

Wow. You know who else “got more votes than Ron ever did” and thus, presumably “connected with people better than Ron”? Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, both Bushes and Joe Freakin’ Biden. All of which proves precisely jack $#@!.

Trump is a huckster committed only to his own self-aggrandizement and profit.

Ron is a statesman committed to slashing government down to a size barely above non-existence.

Trump isn’t fit to polish Ron’s shoes, let alone lead us to anything resembling liberty and I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing people who should know better claiming otherwise.

But then this is how politics always winds up. Which is one of the many reasons why it will never result in any substantive, lasting progress toward true liberty.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Wow. You know who else “got more votes than Ron ever did” and thus, presumably “connected with people better than Ron”? Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, both Bushes and Joe Freakin’ Biden. All of which proves precisely jack $#@!.

Trump is a huckster committed only to his own self-aggrandizement and profit.

Ron is a statesman committed to slashing government down to a size barely above non-existence.

Trump isn’t fit to polish Ron’s shoes, let alone lead us to anything resembling liberty and I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing people who should know better claiming otherwise.

But then this is how politics always winds up. Which is one of the many reasons why it will never result in any substantive, lasting progress toward true liberty.
    Would you like some grease for the wheels on your moving goalposts?
    Bonus points for comparing Trump to Hitler.

Trump was not perfect but he did lots of good things and he ignited a movement that is much better than himself.
    And we were discussing curing apathy, many millions of people shed their apathy because of Trump and we need that in order to overcome the fraud that kept Ron out and stole Trump's second term.
    Anyone who opposes the insanity of the left is only relevant if they get on the bandwagon that is going roughly in our direction, otherwise they are passively allowing the theft of our country and liberty by the left.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There's a video out there where it outlines all of the corruption at the state levels and media. But here's what many of us dealt with at RNC Tampa:

Oh, and by the way, you are a shill.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

DP
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-19-2022 at 07:57 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Anyone who opposes the insanity of the left is only relevant if they get on the bandwagon that is going roughly in our direction, otherwise they are passively allowing the theft of our country and liberty by the left.
    Been on that bandwagon. It's like a NASCAR stocker. It keeps turning left.

It's not going roughly our direction. It's going roughly their direction. And you've admitted that, and said the reason you're constantly trying to shove everyone on that bandwagon like a Tokyo subway people packer is because it's only roughly going their direction.

You had better save that grease for your own goalposts.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-19-2022 at 07:13 AM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On their own they are both.
    Only by helping to defeat the fraud can they avoid it.
    Without the fraud they would be both.
    If the are irrelevant and impotent, then they cannot help defeat the fraud.

If they can help defeat the fraud, then they cannot be irrelevant and impotent.

You do not get to have it both ways. The Law of Non-Contradiction is a thing.

Trump connected with people better than Ron because more people wanted what Trump was offering than what Ron Paul was.

Ron Paul didn't want to hand out more freebies to people and corporations, didn't want to run people's lives, and didn't want to run the economy. Trump did want to do all those things and made a big point about promising to, and the voting public liked that about him.
    Ron Paul

Trump connected with people better than Ron because more people wanted what Trump was offering than what Ron Paul was.
    I thought it was because the MSM pointed cameras and microphones at Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The relationship between what the public wants and what the media tells the public they want is always a chicken and egg problem.
    Ron Paul

The relationship between what the public wants and what the media tells the public they want is always a chicken and egg problem.
    Proving how many do not stand on principle.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Exactly.

Trump got 24/7 coverage (still does).

Ron was "disappeared" by the MSM- they acted like he never existed.
    There is no spoon.

Trumps drama is fantastic for media’s business

But Poison for us, it’s viewers

We are F*d

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly.

Trump got 24/7 coverage (still does).

Ron was "disappeared" by the MSM- they acted like he never existed.
    Ron's treatment by the media, compared to say, a Donald Trump, was a political decoder ring for many of us and can never be unseen. There is no such thing as bad publicity in Hollywood nor in Hollywood East, aka DC.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    There's a video out there where it outlines all of the corruption at the state levels and media. But here's what many of us dealt with at RNC Tampa:

Oh, and by the way, you are a shill.

Boehner also removed people who opposed him from influential committees. A few you wouldn't see eye to eye with, but reasonable allies against turds like John Boehner. Tim Huelskamp and Justin Amash were among the victims of his purge.

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...r-purge-084612

But if you intend on holding your grudge forever, you're going to miss the forest for the trees.

EDIT: Actually it's not so much that you hold a grudge. I too detest Boehner and would like to see many more neocons held to account for how they treated Ron Paul. It's just that you're a little much too broad-sweeping with it.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-19-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Hollywood East

Good, true term

Make the show stop & God help us

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast