Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Prices Are Soaring! Why Is The Gold Price Going Down?

  1. #1

    Prices Are Soaring! Why Is The Gold Price Going Down?

    Prices Are Soaring! Why Is The Gold Price Going Down?



    The Fed counterfeited trillions and prices are skyrocketing -- cause and effect. Yet, the price of gold is falling! Shouldn't gold be skyrocketing too? Is it as simple as that? Or are there more variables involved, making things more complex? After all, gold, like oil, is an extremely politicized commodity.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Timely. Gold prices have been puzzling me greatly.
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Timely. Gold prices have been puzzling me greatly.
    At the 7:00 mark: "Are the gold markets rigged?"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  5. #4
    I love that man. So glad he's still here to tell us the truth of what is going on.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    At the 7:00 mark: "Are the gold markets rigged?"
    Well, the kind of people who redefine words whenever it suits their agenda surely have no qualms against redefining prices. It's just a number, after all.
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Well, the kind of people who redefine words whenever it suits their agenda surely have no qualms against redefining prices. It's just a number, after all.
    We're gonna need more doors ...

    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Well, the kind of people who redefine words whenever it suits their agenda surely have no qualms against redefining prices. It's just a number, after all.
    Could be, but how would one pull off? Limiting availability might work, but in the face of scarcity, demand drives prices up. How does one prevent that from being reflected in the market that is based on ask/bid? Somewhere, someone wanting gold for whatever reason is going to bid higher. Are we to believe that nobody is going to sell? Even so, other buyers see, follow suit, and how then do the crooks hide the rise from the market itself?

    How can oligarchs suppress the price in an ask/bid system, much less do so without arousing widespread suspicion and a resultant crash in confidence, which is the central pillar of all markets? I can see a reason why, though: artificially depress the value to drive the vast majority of holders to begin questioning their gold assets, eventually giving way to a panic sell-off wherein the big fish buy at pennies on the dollar. When Theye feel they've cornered that commodity, they slam the door shut on all small buyers by jacking the price through the roof. The single most reliable money standard on the planet is literally and physically taken away from people, and socked away, leaving the common man screwed in every hole.

    Perhaps Theye, as represented by "government", would paint themselves as coming to the "rescue" by buying directly from the panic-stricken Meaner, who initially heaves a sigh of relief at having been saved from the barbaric relic that has so clearly failed him, only to have the currency costs of everything jack their ways to heaven itself. The meaner is corn-holed, Theye have repatriated nearly all the gold into their own hands, and do not have to resort to the FDR measure of blatant confiscation, which would probably still work today, but why risk it if you can get the scum (that's us) on their knees, begging for a taste of the willie?

    Just as the Meaner took covid hook, line, and sinker with an obedience bordering on the obsequious, so can they now be relied upon to follow suit if and when Theye decide to reclaim all of that which they deem to be their own. Yes, we are precisely that conditioned, which is another reason we are hosed and that what little freedom remains on this miserable prison-planet wings its way into the ether, much like your little sister's immaculate virgnity on a hot August evening.

    Consider this: Theye certainly do not want us holding any meaningful gold reserves, as that would protect far too many from the ravages of inflationary artifice. Therefore, Theye need to keep it out of our hands. Open threats and confiscation would risk real revolt, so make us want to give it up. There's your why. The how... that's the tricky bit... Can Theye mask reflections of real demand OF the market FROM the market? Perhaps it is as simple as you suggest. I'm not smart enough to know.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Could be, but how would one pull off?
    They literally pegged the price of gold to $35 and banned most private gold ownership from 1933 to 1975. Or are we supposed to pretend that didn't happen because "how would one pull it off"?

    How can oligarchs suppress the price in an ask/bid system, much less do so without arousing widespread suspicion and a resultant crash in confidence, which is the central pillar of all markets?
    How does that saying go... everything you need to know about politics you can learn from The Godfather...



    Is there really any mystery, here?

    The how... that's the tricky bit... Can Theye mask reflections of real demand OF the market FROM the market? Perhaps it is as simple as you suggest. I'm not smart enough to know.
    Prior to, say, 8 years ago, I would have been inclined towards the more subtle/sophisticated explanations that you are suggesting. But nowadays, it is clear that the Clown-Emperor is quite comfortable to parade naked through the open square, his meager, flaccid uglies flapping about in the breeze. Even the mocking giggles of children and the loud cries from the shadows at the back of the crowd, "You ain't got no clothes on, Your Royal Highness!" are not sufficient to induce the slightest tinge of pink in his cheeks. In his beastly abandon, he is blissfully incapable of feeling the slightest quiver of that human emotion that we call shame. Given that current reality, I don't think that the Clown-Emperor is concerned at all about the embarrassing consequences of an expose showing how the markets are being manipulated and rigged. How "shortages" and "supply chain shocks" are being fabricated out of thin air, while food-processing plants burn down. I don't think he cares about any of those minutiae because, in his mind, they are all trivialities that cannot possibly offer the slightest threat to his perpetual claim upon the throne of the Clown-Empire. The world has become inverted. It has gone completely mad. In a mad world, the mad rule, and they care nothing for the inconsequential demands of etiquette. Why should one be any more ashamed of giving a bullet to the brain rather than getting a voluntary signature? In the Clown-Empire, it's all just grist for the mill, anyway...

    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    They literally pegged the price of gold to $35 and banned most private gold ownership from 1933 to 1975. Or are we supposed to pretend that didn't happen because "how would one pull it off"?
    That was a different pretense. I'm not saying it cannot be done now in some similar way, but only that so far there appears to be little notice of anything amiss if it is in fact the case. That nothing would be mentioned in the large networks would be expected, but that even the smaller outlets make no mention of this of which I am aware... that seems a little perplexing to me.


    Prior to, say, 8 years ago, I would have been inclined towards the more subtle/sophisticated explanations that you are suggesting. But nowadays, it is clear that the Clown-Emperor is quite comfortable to parade naked through the open square, his meager, flaccid uglies flapping about in the breeze. Even the mocking giggles of children and the loud cries from the shadows at the back of the crowd, "You ain't got no clothes on, Your Royal Highness!" are not sufficient to induce the slightest tinge of pink in his cheeks. In his beastly abandon, he is blissfully incapable of feeling the slightest quiver of that human emotion that we call shame. Given that current reality, I don't think that the Clown-Emperor is concerned at all about the embarrassing consequences of an expose showing how the markets are being manipulated and rigged. How "shortages" and "supply chain shocks" are being fabricated out of thin air, while food-processing plants burn down. I don't think he cares about any of those minutiae because, in his mind, they are all trivialities that cannot possibly offer the slightest threat to his perpetual claim upon the throne of the Clown-Empire. The world has become inverted. It has gone completely mad. In a mad world, the mad rule, and they care nothing for the inconsequential demands of etiquette. Why should one be any more ashamed of giving a bullet to the brain rather than getting a voluntary signature? In the Clown-Empire, it's all just grist for the mill, anyway...
    Well yes, all points well taken. I suppose I'm just a fool to hope that somehow there exists a better than trivial number of men who see it for what it is.

    Thus far, the evidence remains inconclusive.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    That was a different pretense. I'm not saying it cannot be done now in some similar way, but only that so far there appears to be little notice of anything amiss if it is in fact the case. That nothing would be mentioned in the large networks would be expected, but that even the smaller outlets make no mention of this of which I am aware... that seems a little perplexing to me.
    The FDR gold-heist was preparation for something much bigger. There was a reason they needed to get physical control of basically all the gold and there was a reason they finally relaxed the rules back to normal in 1975 (just around the time Nixon cut the tie of the dollar to gold). It wasn't just a gold-heist -- they heisted the money itself, lock, stock and barrel. And when you control the money itself, it's like an evil lab scientist who can use his mind to alter the markings on any ruler in the lab at any time. Your measurements from one step to the next step do not add up and calculation becomes impossible. The point! They are manipulating the entire global market in everything. That's how they're able to blow an "everything bubble". There is no asset that is safe from inflation, which is why people are stocking food and ammo, because those are the only assets that will be truly inflation-proof in the event of a hyper-inflationary crack-up boom, or deflationary collapse.

    Well yes, all points well taken. I suppose I'm just a fool to hope that somehow there exists a better than trivial number of men who see it for what it is.

    Thus far, the evidence remains inconclusive.
    True

    There are a few of us who have been awakened. As a matter of faith, I believe that has been done for a reason. We're here to fight something in particular, something that history has never seen before...
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    The FDR gold-heist was preparation for something much bigger. There was a reason they needed to get physical control of basically all the gold and there was a reason they finally relaxed the rules back to normal in 1975 (just around the time Nixon cut the tie of the dollar to gold). It wasn't just a gold-heist -- they heisted the money itself, lock, stock and barrel. And when you control the money itself, it's like an evil lab scientist who can use his mind to alter the markings on any ruler in the lab at any time. Your measurements from one step to the next step do not add up and calculation becomes impossible. The point! They are manipulating the entire global market in everything. That's how they're able to blow an "everything bubble". There is no asset that is safe from inflation, which is why people are stocking food and ammo, because those are the only assets that will be truly inflation-proof in the event of a hyper-inflationary crack-up boom, or deflationary collapse.
    Replacing actual money with mere currency is essential. Recall the Rothschild quote along the lines of "give me control of a nation's currency (or money) and I care not who writes its laws."

    There are a few of us who have been awakened. As a matter of faith, I believe that has been done for a reason. We're here to fight something in particular, something that history has never seen before...
    A few is not nearly enough. Likely, we as a species are hosed. But I intend on defying Themme until I die, by whatever the means that may greet me.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Replacing actual money with mere currency is essential. Recall the Rothschild quote along the lines of "give me control of a nation's currency (or money) and I care not who writes its laws."
    Correct. It is a rebellion through financialized tyranny. They've done an end-run around the legitimate authority of the established government by constructing a hall-of-illusions in which no one can tell what is even really happening in the world, especially our elected representatives and executives.

    A few is not nearly enough. Likely, we as a species are hosed. But I intend on defying Themme until I die, by whatever the means that may greet me.
    Well, you're right that we don't have enough on board yet. "Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" (Matt. 9:37,38)
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Could be, but how would one pull off? Limiting availability might work, but in the face of scarcity, demand drives prices up. How does one prevent that from being reflected in the market that is based on ask/bid? Somewhere, someone wanting gold for whatever reason is going to bid higher. Are we to believe that nobody is going to sell? Even so, other buyers see, follow suit, and how then do the crooks hide the rise from the market itself?

    How can oligarchs suppress the price in an ask/bid system, much less do so without arousing widespread suspicion and a resultant crash in confidence, which is the central pillar of all markets? I can see a reason why, though: artificially depress the value to drive the vast majority of holders to begin questioning their gold assets, eventually giving way to a panic sell-off wherein the big fish buy at pennies on the dollar. When Theye feel they've cornered that commodity, they slam the door shut on all small buyers by jacking the price through the roof. The single most reliable money standard on the planet is literally and physically taken away from people, and socked away, leaving the common man screwed in every hole.

    Perhaps Theye, as represented by "government", would paint themselves as coming to the "rescue" by buying directly from the panic-stricken Meaner, who initially heaves a sigh of relief at having been saved from the barbaric relic that has so clearly failed him, only to have the currency costs of everything jack their ways to heaven itself. The meaner is corn-holed, Theye have repatriated nearly all the gold into their own hands, and do not have to resort to the FDR measure of blatant confiscation, which would probably still work today, but why risk it if you can get the scum (that's us) on their knees, begging for a taste of the willie?

    Just as the Meaner took covid hook, line, and sinker with an obedience bordering on the obsequious, so can they now be relied upon to follow suit if and when Theye decide to reclaim all of that which they deem to be their own. Yes, we are precisely that conditioned, which is another reason we are hosed and that what little freedom remains on this miserable prison-planet wings its way into the ether, much like your little sister's immaculate virgnity on a hot August evening.

    Consider this: Theye certainly do not want us holding any meaningful gold reserves, as that would protect far too many from the ravages of inflationary artifice. Therefore, Theye need to keep it out of our hands. Open threats and confiscation would risk real revolt, so make us want to give it up. There's your why. The how... that's the tricky bit... Can Theye mask reflections of real demand OF the market FROM the market? Perhaps it is as simple as you suggest. I'm not smart enough to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    That was a different pretense. I'm not saying it cannot be done now in some similar way, but only that so far there appears to be little notice of anything amiss if it is in fact the case. That nothing would be mentioned in the large networks would be expected, but that even the smaller outlets make no mention of this of which I am aware... that seems a little perplexing to me.

    Well yes, all points well taken. I suppose I'm just a fool to hope that somehow there exists a better than trivial number of men who see it for what it is.

    Thus far, the evidence remains inconclusive.
    As Chris Rossini says at the 7:00 mark, many people have detailed the methods of suppressing gold and silver prices. The most basic answer is that it is achieved via paper price manipulation, which serves two purposes.

    First, via naked shorting, dark pools, selling the same physical metal over and over because they “store it” for you (blatant fraud, which has been caught and charged in the past), failures to deliver, etc, they suppress the paper markets.

    The paper markets then soak up the majority of demand for physical metal, bring the price of physical metal down. This only works to a certain extent, as evidenced by the spread between the spot price and the price that you can actually buy physical metal. They can suppress the physical price, but not all the way down to the paper spot price.

    Example for physical:

    Standard silver eagle: Buy 1-19 coins $35.08 per once.
    Spot price for silver: $20.09

    Standard gold eagle: Buy 1-9. $1970.29 per ounce.
    Spot price for gold: $1785.30

    Spread for physical silver is $15 per ounce, which is an incredible 75% premium. For comparison, there have been times in the past 30 years where the price of silver was much higher, and physical could be had for between 1 and 2 dollars per ounce over spot.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Correct. It is a rebellion through financialized tyranny. They've done an end-run around the legitimate authority of the established government by constructing a hall-of-illusions in which no one can tell what is even really happening in the world, especially our elected representatives and executives.
    I think plenty of them actually do know what is happening. Money can buy nearly anything or anyone. Imagine how easily a billionaire is made - literally takes seconds to endow Senator Joe Scumbag with even a trillion dollars. We don't really have clueless "representatives" - we have co-conspirators, if in no other measure than their willingness to turn a blind eye in exchange for a doxy and a bottle of cheap wine.

    They aren't the problem. We are. Until we decide to kill these jokers, and their children (a grim but essential part of becoming a free people), stamping out not only the tyrant, but his genetic lines, we are going nowhere but ever downward along that lovely death spiral. That is the naked truth of it, like it or not. I will fight because I am a grade-A prick, but to be honest, I no longer give a $#@! about the liberty of Americans because they have proven themselves unworthy of even their miserable existences, much less actual liberty.

    Well, you're right that we don't have enough on board yet. "Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'" (Matt. 9:37,38)
    Well, I've been talking with God a lot lately. Guess what? Nothing's coming back, so I'm not particularly impressed. God may have his timeline, but it doesn't align well with that of the individual human being, making much of what we experience seem like manifestations of a very sick and sadistic joke. I'm done with all the unproven bull$#@! of humankind. Until I see evidence, it's all lies, my basis being the several heaps of innocent people whose bodies piled-high like mountains, graced God's half-acre during the twentieth century alone. I have no use for petty, low-rent drama, and I suspect the hundreds of millions who fell to the butchers may not have given the least of a $#@! about God's grace as their lives were untimely ripped from them; as they watched the same fate befall their children. We are a race of demons and sloths, perfect for one another, the latter watching as the former consumes him, feet-first. That's the world of humans and you can have it. But I will fight - not for anyone else but the handful of those whom I love. The rest of the world can burn and I shall shed not even one tear for them, for they made their beds. Let them nap.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    First, via naked shorting, dark pools, selling the same physical metal over and over because they “store it” for you (blatant fraud, which has been caught and charged in the past), failures to deliver, etc, they suppress the paper markets.
    Shorting requires a specific relative movement. How is that reliably achieved? Rumor and innuendo have fueled market idiocy since ancient times, but it's always been a risky business. Today's tyrants and other scoundrels seem far less willing to tolerate risk, which would seem to point to the need for reliable means of making the markets do what they want, when they want, in the amounts they want. I'm not saying those means do not exist, but only that I am not familiar with them.

    As for selling the same physical metal to more than one breathing body, that is certainly one of the easier frauds to perpetrate, so long as the "system" supports it. Keep the prying eyes of investigation at bay, and that scam could go on for a very long time. I've never understood how anyone could be so naive as to trust in such a blatantly insecure scheme as that.

    The paper markets then soak up the majority of demand for physical metal, bring the price of physical metal down.
    AH! You see, I'd not twigged to that angle, and it makes perfect sense. Meet increased demand with false supplies... just crank out as much paper as is needed. The dopey investors are happy in their bubble of false security, the crooks are practically passing out from disbelief that they could be making so much cash on the Stupid of said investors, and everyone is happy.

    This only works to a certain extent, as evidenced by the spread between the spot price and the price that you can actually buy physical metal. They can suppress the physical price, but not all the way down to the paper spot price.
    Which only makes sense. Those few who demand physical possession are a fly in the ointment, but it then seems that the artificially depressed prices of physical specie has been pretty successful in deterring buyers.

    Humans.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    ...
    This once again raises the question of silver v. gold.

    Historically, the value of gold relative to silver has been about 15x. Today it's just under 90x, so either gold is highly over-valued, or silver highly under-. Which is it? The current discussion seems to suggest the latter, in which case is would appear that silver is the commodity of choice.

    I'm curious as to the consensus, if there even is one.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I think plenty of them actually do know what is happening. Money can buy nearly anything or anyone. Imagine how easily a billionaire is made - literally takes seconds to endow Senator Joe Scumbag with even a trillion dollars.
    Meh, while the Federal Reserve prints money out of thin-air, I don't think the mechanics are quite as naked as that. At least, they would only resort to such measures under extreme duress. Like the master liars that they are, they tell 99.99% truth. But that 0.01% of lying is the biggest whopper ever...

    We don't really have clueless "representatives" - we have co-conspirators, if in no other measure than their willingness to turn a blind eye in exchange for a doxy and a bottle of cheap wine.
    I suppose. While bribes are evil, I don't resent the idea that elected public officials would receive "perks of the job". People want to reward people they believe are doing good and it is the human tendency to primarily focus on political system as the primary means of fixing society, so lots of people with money want to donate/gift that money to people in office, not even as bribes, as straight-up gifts. Of course, there's a sliding-scale between gifts and bribes, and that's one of the things that makes it so damn complicated.

    They aren't the problem. We are.
    Spiritually, that is 100% the truth. Logistically, they are the primary cause of most of the havoc in society. The problem is that most of us stop short of going back to root-cause and just look at the superficial problems.

    Until we decide to kill these jokers, and their children (a grim but essential part of becoming a free people), stamping out not only the tyrant, but his genetic lines,
    Like it or not, that is a task that only God can perform. When man sets himself up as judge and executioner over his fellow man, the outcome is always the same, just as it has been back to Cain and Abel. The only way out is a divine culling.

    I no longer give a $#@! about the liberty of Americans because they have proven themselves unworthy of even their miserable existences, much less actual liberty.
    And that's the devil's venom, right there. The sentiment you're expressing there (not judging you, I've felt that feeling as well) is precisely how the devil entraps and enslaves entire societies for centuries or even millennia. I believe that you started life as a doe-eyed good-guy. So did I. So did pretty much everybody else. And yet we somehow mysteriously end up in a situation where each of us is pointing at all the others and shouting, "You don't deserve liberty or even your miserable existences!" The idea that that's a natural evolution of social order is bonkers. Somebody is tipping the scale from the shadows. Somebody is pulling marionette strings from somewhere out-of-sight, and we keep getting spun around because we're attributing all of our social ills to the marionettes instead of asking who is pulling the strings, and why.

    Well, I've been talking with God a lot lately. Guess what? Nothing's coming back, so I'm not particularly impressed. God may have his timeline, but it doesn't align well with that of the individual human being, making much of what we experience seem like manifestations of a very sick and sadistic joke. I'm done with all the unproven bull$#@! of humankind. Until I see evidence, it's all lies, my basis being the several heaps of innocent people whose bodies piled-high like mountains, graced God's half-acre during the twentieth century alone. I have no use for petty, low-rent drama, and I suspect the hundreds of millions who fell to the butchers may not have given the least of a $#@! about God's grace as their lives were untimely ripped from them; as they watched the same fate befall their children. We are a race of demons and sloths, perfect for one another, the latter watching as the former consumes him, feet-first. That's the world of humans and you can have it. But I will fight - not for anyone else but the handful of those whom I love. The rest of the world can burn and I shall shed not even one tear for them, for they made their beds. Let them nap.
    I sympathize with the feelings you express. Just beware. The Gospel is the way it is precisely because the sentiments you are expressing here are the very trap that the devil has laid. He easily pushes the clueless-sheep into this or that sheep-pen to await slaughter, but those of us with more critical minds are not so easily corralled. Bitterness and hatred are the final trap he has laid for all who will not easily go into some sheep-pen or other. Every single word of Jesus that is recorded is the absolute truth, regardless of how wild it may seem. John 14:6. I'm not saying that merely as a matter of conviction. I have seen and heard, Acts 4:20. Just reserve some space in your heart, however small, for the possibility that you may have been mistaken, that's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 08-06-2022 at 11:00 AM.
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109, Isaiah 13:9

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Meh, while the Federal Reserve prints money out of thin-air, I don't think the mechanics are quite as naked as that.
    Perhaps, or not... the relevant point being that effectively infinite units can be concocted from thin air, as you put it. This has been my main concern about an Art. V Convention. If there are any as-yet latent loopholes and were even one to be discovered that would be exploitable via palm grease, Theye would "print" as much as needed to buy the results they want.

    And what about those trillions that "disappeared" from DoD? Might come in hand when things get interesting.

    At least, they would only resort to such measures under extreme duress. Like the master liars that they are, they tell 99.99% truth. But that 0.01% of lying is the biggest whopper ever...
    Goebbels took the work of Bernays and tuned it, resulting in his quip regarding telling the big lie, telling it often, and by that means making it the truth.

    While bribes are evil, I don't resent the idea that elected public officials would receive "perks of the job".
    So long as the perks are well-defined. These things have a way of running off the rails, in time.

    People want to reward people they believe are doing good and it is the human tendency to primarily focus on political system as the primary means of fixing society, so lots of people with money want to donate/gift that money to people in office, not even as bribes, as straight-up gifts. Of course, there's a sliding-scale between gifts and bribes, and that's one of the things that makes it so damn complicated.
    And that's how some of the bad starts.

    Logistically, they are the primary cause of most of the havoc in society.
    Because we allow it.

    Like it or not, that is a task that only God can perform.
    Oh, I don't think that is at all true. We are well proven as having more than the requisite skills to correct tyrants.

    When man sets himself up as judge and executioner over his fellow man, the outcome is always the same, just as it has been back to Cain and Abel. The only way out is a divine culling.
    Yeah well, that doesn't appear to be on the horizon. God helps those who help themselves. Onus rests with us to assert and maintain our claims. We are falling down most shamefully on that point. We are to blame for the world. Every last one of us.


    And that's the devil's venom, right there.
    So you claim, and you may in fact be correct. But it remains unproven.

    The sentiment you're expressing there (not judging you, I've felt that feeling as well) is precisely how the devil entraps and enslaves entire societies for centuries or even millennia. I believe that you started life as a doe-eyed good-guy. So did I. So did pretty much everybody else. And yet we somehow mysteriously end up in a situation where each of us is pointing at all the others and shouting, "You don't deserve liberty or even your miserable existences!" The idea that that's a natural evolution of social order is bonkers. Somebody is tipping the scale from the shadows. Somebody is pulling marionette strings from somewhere out-of-sight, and we keep getting spun around because we're attributing all of our social ills to the marionettes instead of asking who is pulling the strings, and why.



    I sympathize with the feelings you express. Just beware. The Gospel is the way it is precisely because the sentiments you are expressing here are the very trap that the devil has laid. He easily pushes the clueless-sheep into this or that sheep-pen to await slaughter, but those of us with more critical minds are not so easily corralled. Bitterness and hatred are the final trap he has laid for all who will not easily go into some sheep-pen or other. Every single word of Jesus that is recorded is the absolute truth, regardless of how wild it may seem. John 14:6. I'm not saying that merely as a matter of conviction. I have seen and heard, Acts 4:20. Just reserve some space in your heart, however small, for the possibility that you may have been mistaken, that's all I'm saying.
    Your points are well taken.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    "Government" represents not an entity in sé, but a mob of fellow humans with no more authority to act as bosses, than do you.

    We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.

    Our acceptance of "tolerance" is prima facie proof of just how degraded we are as a species. Qualified tolerance, yes. Blind tolerance as we now so fully enjoy, no.

    Weakmen are the rule, Freemen the exception.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2022, 09:12 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2018, 05:23 PM
  3. Price of Silver Soaring
    By tangent4ronpaul in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 10:14 PM
  4. World's new crisis: soaring food prices
    By gutteck in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 04:27 PM
  5. Soaring gold price forces U.S. Mint to pull American Gold Eagles
    By ghemminger in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •