Thread: Let Me Explain Something To My Democrat Colleagues.': Marjorie Taylor Greene Unleashes On Dems

Thumbs up Let Me Explain Something To My Democrat Colleagues.': Marjorie Taylor Greene Unleashes On Dems

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trying to argue that AR-15's can be used in self defense is not an argument worth making, even if it is true.

Personal self defense will almost always be done with a handgun.

AR-15's are weapons of war.

And it is our right to have weapons of war.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Trying to argue that AR-15's can be used in self defense is not an argument worth making, even if it is true.

But AR-15 are NOT a weapon of war.

War is the operative war they use to get people behind their banning, because most people hate war. It is a psychological word.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    But AR-15 are NOT a weapon of war.
    If we are being honest with ourselves- it is.

War is the operative war they use to get people behind their banning, because most people hate war. It is a psychological word.
    Yes - but the 2nd amendment is to protect your right to own weapons of war. That was its intention. The fact that it also protects your right to own warm & fuzzy "self defense" weapons is a byproduct.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

If we are being honest with ourselves- it is.
    What war was fought using AR-15's? What current army issues AR-15's?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What war was fought using AR-15's? What current army issues AR-15's?
    We both know that "AR-15" is a synonym for that style of rifle whatever the make/model. So - Do you have a point?
    - Kim Kardashian

We both know that "AR-15" is a synonym for that style of rifle whatever the make/model. So - Do you have a point?
    My point was that the AR that you can buy at a gun store is entirely inadequate as a "weapon of war" - which is why no army would even consider using it. Except maybe in training exercises.

donnay is right - they just use that language because it polls well. The people who call them that have no idea what they're talking about except that it sounds scarier.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    My point was that the AR that you can buy at a gun store is entirely inadequate as a "weapon of war" - which is why no army would even consider using it. Except maybe in training exercises.
    This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day.

AR-15 as a platform, is used throughout the military. The vast majority of components you buy off the shelf as a civilian are compatible with military weapons. The parts are mostly interchangeable. You could even slap a M4 upper on an AR-15 lower and it would work fine. Most civilian components are also mil-spec - built to the same specifications as the military versions.

The only difference is the selective fire. For the purpose of AR-15/M4 comparison we can say the only difference is the burst mode. (automatic is not widely used with the M4).

The simple lack of a burst mode in the civilian version of the weapon does not make it "entirely inadequate" as a weapon of war - it is still a weapon of war.

donnay is right - they just use that language because it polls well. The people who call them that have no idea what they're talking about except that it sounds scarier.
    The fact that people are scared by the word "weapon of war" is all the more reason we need to stand by it.

The 2nd amendment was intended to protect "weapons of war".

If we decide to give up that argument because it doesn't "poll well" then we've already lost.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-01-2022 at 10:14 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    .30 is a "caliber of war"

Is that scary too?

Whaddabout .50?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Whaddabout .50?
    Home defense caliber IMO
    - Kim Kardashian

The 2nd amendment wasn't added so that you could protect grandma from some dude breaking in your home.

The 2nd amendment was added so that you could kill your government. For warfare. To bring death & destruction in the strongest possible terms.
    - Kim Kardashian

She needs to keep her mouth shut. What she says doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    She needs to keep her mouth shut. What she says doesn't help.
    Conservatives are not second class citizens and it is time to stand up and speak courageously. MTG does that.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Conservatives are not second class citizens and it is time to stand up and speak courageously. MTG does that.
    Fine, get her a speechwriter then and get her on message. Right now she is a hot mess and making things worse.

The only reason I have a handgun is so I can get to my rifle. In a situation that I am unable to get to my rifle I will make-do with a handgun (as in when I am in public and it's generally unwise to keep a gun-rack with merchandise on display in the truck window anymore, so unfortunately it stays at home), but if I had a preference it would always be my rifle.

My rifle just doesn't fit in my bedside table drawer.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-01-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Fine, get her a speechwriter then and get her on message. Right now she is a hot mess and making things worse.
    A speechwriter like all the rest have to make her look more professional with a stiff upper lip. That's not how she rolls. Personally. that is refreshing to see.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    The only reason I have a handgun is so I can get to my rifle. In a situation that I am unable to get to my rifle I will make-do with a handgun (as in when I am in public and it's generally unwise to keep a gun-rack with merchandise on display in the truck window anymore, so unfortunately it stays at home), but if I had a preference it would always be my rifle.

My rifle just doesn't fit in my bedside table drawer.
    If I had a preference it would always be my M249* but it doesn't fit in my bedside table drawer either.

( * that was lost in boating accident sadly )
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-01-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

I don't think her Democratic colleagues are going to learn the error of their ways.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    .30 is a "caliber of war"

Is that scary too?

Whaddabout .50?
    $#@!ing right... .22 caliber popguns have no place on the field of battle.

This is a proper battle rifle:

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

The 2nd amendment wasn't added so that you could protect grandma from some dude breaking in your home.

The 2nd amendment was added so that you could kill your government. For warfare. To bring death & destruction in the strongest possible terms.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status...33000026603526

This Ryan Busse guy is a gun grabber, but I agree with the following (just not in the way he wants me to):

https://twitter.com/ryandbusse/statu...64506320322561

Here's his entire thread (hidden to save space):

To which I would reply with what TheTexan said - all of it:

[T]he 2nd amendment is to protect your right to own weapons of war. That was its intention. The fact that it also protects your right to own warm & fuzzy "self defense" weapons is a byproduct.

The fact that people are scared by the word "weapon of war" is all the more reason we need to stand by it.

If we decide to give up that argument because it doesn't "poll well" then we've already lost.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

And ditto for terms like "assault rifle" and "assault weapon". Don't try to "ackchyually" them. Don't run away from them. Embrace them - and then throw them back hard in the faces of those who expected to have you cornered, because you were supposed to shy away from them while trying to justify yourself.

The rhetorical tactics of gun grabbers depend critically on putting their opponents on the defensive. So don't be defensive.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-02-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day.

AR-15 as a platform, is used throughout the military. The vast majority of components you buy off the shelf as a civilian are compatible with military weapons. The parts are mostly interchangeable. You could even slap a M4 upper on an AR-15 lower and it would work fine. Most civilian components are also mil-spec - built to the same specifications as the military versions.

The only difference is the selective fire. For the purpose of AR-15/M4 comparison we can say the only difference is the burst mode. (automatic is not widely used with the M4).

The simple lack of a burst mode in the civilian version of the weapon does not make it "entirely inadequate" as a weapon of war - it is still a weapon of war.

Agree 100%.

People buy guns based on their reliability to perform the ultimate violence if need be.

It is a tool specifically made for this purpose.

Quibbling about whether or not to allow the citizens to own them because they are weapons of war is an obvious straw man and it muddies the water.