Thread: WI - 1 dead, 4 seriously injured after mass stabbing incident on river tubing trip

WI - 1 dead, 4 seriously injured after mass stabbing incident on river tubing trip

Teenager dead, 4 others injured in stabbing on Apple River in Wisconsin

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/ne...r-in-somerset/

Wisconsin News
    Teenager dead, 4 others injured in stabbing on Apple River in Wisconsin
    minnesota

By WCCO Staff, Kirsten Mitchell

July 30, 2022 / 6:34 PM / CBS Minnesota

SOMERSET, Wis. -- A 17-year-old Minnesota boy is dead and four others are seriously injured after a stabbing on the Apple River near the Minnesota-Wisconsin border on Saturday.

St. Croix County dispatch received reports of a stabbing on the Apple River upstream from Sunrise Bridge in Somerset at approximately 3:45 p.m.

The victims were tubing on the river when the incident took place. One woman and three men, all in their early twenties, were taken to the hospital for treatment of their wounds, St. Croix County Sheriff Scott Knudson said.

The suspect, a 52-year-old man from Minnesota, initially ran off but is now in custody. Police say he was with another group that was tubing. He did not have a knife when officers arrested him.

Authorities are still searching the Apple River for the knife used in the stabbing. They closed down tubing as soon as it happened. @WCCO pic.twitter.com/sczPnEZprb
    ó Kirsten Mitchell (@Kirsten_TV) July 31, 2022

It is unclear if the stabbing was random, the sheriff's office said, stressing it is still early in the investigation.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for another doom & gloom anti lol

Hereís to positive living & experiences

Happy August !

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

Here’s to positive living & experiences

Happy August !
    At least the Perp did not use a Gun.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

They closed down tubing as soon as it happened.
    This could have been prevented if they either banned tubing or required a comprehensive background checks and security screening for the participants.

Here’s to positive living & experiences

Happy August !
    Clicking on one of my posts is the wrong thing to click on if you are in search of sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.

After 15 years and over 100,000 posts, that should be clear as crystal by now.

"Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

One of the five people stabbed by a knife-wielding man on the Apple River in Somerset, Wisconsin on Saturday has identified herself as Rhyley Mattison, a 24-year-old from Burnsville.

She was with a group of people tubing on the popular river when a 52-year-old Prior Lake man began stabbing people, including a 17-year-old boy from Stillwater who died.

Mattison and three others were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, where she remains in recovery Monday. The identities of the others have not been released, though authorities said Sunday that all four survivors were in stable condition.

Mattison wrote on Facebook that "a few friends" and her were stabbed by "a random elderly man," elaborating further about the attack on her GoFundMe campaign.

"Some friends and I were tubing when we came [across] a group who were asking for our help. My friends and I went over to see what was going on and there was an older man there being inappropriate and was asked to leave but wouldn’t. The older man ended up having a knife and stabbed a few friends of mine and myself included," she wrote.

Asked if she knows why the man stabbed her, she replied to BMTN, "I do not."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ed/ar-AA10bMXy
    Sounds like a lot is missing from this story...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Knudson said he did not know what led to the stabbing but said two groups of people were tubing. The suspect was tubing with a group of six to eight people.

There were as many as 20 people between the two groups, Knudson said. Investigators were beginning to interview them as witnesses Saturday evening.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...dy/ar-AA108KUN
    Two groups of people...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sounds like a lot is missing from this story...
    My friends and I went over to see what was going on and there was an older man there being inappropriate and was asked to leave but wouldn’t.
    You would say that.. Could be some form of self defence after 4 younger people bunched up on an older guy... Could have been a crazy old $#@! out to stab 4 youngsters.

Could be anything, I think that's why we have courts. If someone wants recourse, a good investigation needs to be held, the results need to be shared with a jury. Etc. etc.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Two groups of people...
    By the way Brian, from your quote..

interview them as witnesses
    Do you know the difference between being interviewed as a witness or as a suspect ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    ...Do you know the difference between being interviewed as a witness or as a suspect ?
    Seems like a person could go from witness to suspect fairly easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Clicking on one of my posts is the wrong thing to click on if you are in search of sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.

After 15 years and over 100,000 posts, that should be clear as crystal by now.

Of course, but itís getting kinda fun calling you on it when itís overly death, gloom & hopeless

Of course, but it’s getting kinda fun calling you on it when it’s overly death, gloom & hopeless
    There is a method to my madness, which I have explained ten thousand times already.

It's not simply just doom and gloom for the sake of doom and gloom.

We need massive knife control immediately.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge