Thread: Dr. Rand Paul Introduces Amendment to Ban U.S. Funded Gain-of-Function Research in China

Dr. Rand Paul Introduces Amendment to Ban U.S. Funded Gain-of-Function Research in China

Dr. Rand Paul Introduces Amendment to Ban U.S. Funded Gain-of-Function Research in China

Rand Paul
    July 26, 2022
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senate Democrats Object to Dr. Paul’s Amendment to Ban U.S. Funding of Gain-of-Function Research in China

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    July 26, 2022

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Senate Democrats objected to U.S. Senator Rand Paul’s amendment to the CHIPS-Plus Act that would permanently ban all U.S. funding of gain-of-function research in China. In the rush to pass this newly emerged legislation, some of the provisions the Senate previously agreed to in the original CHIPS bill were cut, including Dr. Paul’s gain-of-function amendment which was designed to help prevent the next pandemic and was passed unanimously in the Senate last year.

Below are excerpts from Dr. Paul’s floor remarks

“Gain-of-function research enhances the severity or transmissibility of existing viruses that may infect humans. The dangers are so acute that from 2014-2017, the National Institutes of Health suspended funding for all gain-of-function projects…the emergence of COVID serves as a reminder that dangerous research conducted in a secretive and totalitarian country is simply too risky to fund.

“I, therefore, ask my colleagues to restore this crucial provision that would prohibit the funding of gain-of-function research in China.”

SOURCE:
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/sen...research-china
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Yeah....but what about gain of function in Ukraine? Or gain of function at UNC at Ft. Detrick? Still, ya gotta start somewhere.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post

Rand Paul
    July 26, 2022
    Too little, too late.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah....but what about gain of function in Ukraine? Or gain of function at UNC at Ft. Detrick? Still, ya gotta start somewhere.
    Pissing up a rope is nowhere, and that is all this is.

Bioweapons are here, and to stay. We won't kill the bastards, so we may be killed BY them.

Humans are just the worst, on average.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    The dangers are so acute that from 2014-2017, the National Institutes of Health suspended funding for all gain-of-function projects…the emergence of COVID serves as a reminder that dangerous research conducted in a secretive and totalitarian country is simply too risky to fund.
    Gee, what was that other thing that happened in 2017? Somebody was sworn in, I think. Someone with authority over executive branch agencies like the NIH.

Most humans aren't so bad. They just insist on voting for the few that are. Even after they see their true colors.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-27-2022 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Most humans aren't so bad. They just insist on voting for the few that are. Even after they see their true colors.
    How does that make them not so bad? That is precisely what makes them horrid creatures - so corrupt, that even when they twig to the ugly truth of tyrants, they sit idly and watch as their own destruction unfolds before their very eyes.

How does that make them not so bad? That is precisely what makes them horrid creatures - so corrupt, that even when they twig to the ugly truth of tyrants, they sit idly and watch as their own destruction unfolds before their very eyes.
    Either that, or they're so proud that they simply never twig to the elephant in the room. Or they simply refuse to.

I guess it's a philosophical question. Does the fact that the snake is more horrid make the ass any less horrid?

Edgar Bergen: "Mortimer, how can you be so stupid?"

Mortimer Snerd (Bergen again): "I guess it's just sheer determination."
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-27-2022 at 07:14 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pissing up a rope is nowhere, and that is all this is.

Bioweapons are here, and to stay. We won't kill the bastards, so we may be killed BY them.

And you think they can't come up with worse bioweapons? For that matter they probably already have. But they could come up with even worse. And Fauci should be in prison for what he already helped cause. (Wuhan Coronavirus and Monkeypox).

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Either that, or they're so proud that they simply never twig to the elephant in the room. Or they simply refuse to.

I guess it's a philosophical question. Does the fact that the snake is more horrid make the ass any less horrid?

Edgar Bergen: "Mortimer, how can you be so stupid?"

Mortimer Snerd (Bergen again): "I guess it's just sheer determination."
    All that you list does nothing to help the Meaner. He is a filthy, rotten-to-the-core beast, regardless of how "nice" he may be. "Nice" buys nothing in my house, and yet is niceness one of the qualities most heavily peddled by the evil we know as "left"? PC and woke are all manifestations of this peddling and they are pure cancer.

As for snakes, neither they nor asses are capable of making the choices that we have at our beck. A snake cannot be anything but what it is. A human being, however, can choose objective right or wrong. That he chooses the deepest and most insidious of all the wrongs, damns him most resolutely; irretrievably so when his error is made clear yet he maintains his love-lock on evil.

And you think they can't come up with worse bioweapons? For that matter they probably already have. But they could come up with even worse. And Fauci should be in prison for what he already helped cause. (Wuhan Coronavirus and Monkeypox).
    Dead is dead, so what does it matter if Theye do?

I wish people would just leave one another the hell alone. This petty drama bull$#@! is intolerable boring.

Dead is dead, so what does it matter if Theye do?

I wish people would just leave one another the hell alone. This petty drama bull$#@! is intolerable boring.
    I've survived COVID 19 and without getting vaccinated. Based on the description of monkeypox it seems it can be avoided without intimate physical contact with men who have sex with men so I'm not worried. So nothing that they've released so far risks death for me. I'm not sure what you're calling "petty drama."

I've survived COVID 19 and without getting vaccinated. Based on the description of monkeypox it seems it can be avoided without intimate physical contact with men who have sex with men so I'm not worried. So nothing that they've released so far risks death for me. I'm not sure what you're calling "petty drama."
    SARS-COV2 is not a particularly potent bug and I do not believe it was released with the intention of killing masses. More likely, an experiment - a test run if you will. It seems like an anal probe to measure and assess our responses, and possibly to build a statistical model of the pathogen's effect on broad and large populations, worldwide.

Consider the scenario I forwarded at the beginning of this nonsense: Theye release this bug, drive people nutty, then retreat. Then release another bug, drive people crazier, retreat. Rinse and repeat until people are so fed up with it all, they stop listening altogether. That's the time when you release the real deal - the 99% fatal bug. Once again, you cry wolf, nobody listens to you, only this time the wolf comes, but nobody takes it seriously. The next thing you know there are five billion corpses piled high and in need of disposal. Could Theye be so evil? Could Stalin? Mao?

To my way of thinking, Theire most pressing concern in all this is the reaction of the otiose eaters. Theye need to know whether they will be able to handle every conceivable response by the dregs, the human dung. Once Theye have their favorable answer, I se little reason for them not to act swiftly, striking while the iron is hot, and all that.